Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
Honor: 70
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 19 years.
01:21:05 Jan 03 2012
Read 12,661 times

New feature launched today. Read the FAQ.

For those of you who were messing with it before this post, those honor ratings were cleared.

Honor rating starts now.

•  REPLY  •

BillytheJust
BillytheJust
Venerable Sire (135)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
02:23:17 Jan 03 2012
Read 12,596 times

Thanks for the new feature! Looks like this will be a very popular addition to the site. And another reason to level up.

•  REPLY  •

PandorasBx
PandorasBx
Royal Sire (209)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
03:54:58 Jan 03 2012
Read 12,530 times

If a member does a name change will that clear their Honor Rating?

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
03:56:05 Jan 03 2012
Read 12,522 times

Name changes are fully transferred.

•  REPLY  •

Malky
Malky
Elemental (77)
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Secrets is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Secrets
Vampire Rave member for 14 years.
06:19:47 Jan 03 2012
Read 12,430 times

I think this will be a positive change, hopefully people will stop spamming "rated, added, stalked, please do so back" messages now.

•  REPLY  •

schedule1
schedule1
Premiere Sire (128)
[ Give / Take ]
13:14:31 Jan 03 2012
Read 12,273 times

how are 2 seperate accounts, for 2 different people in the same household a violation of TOS as the honor faq states?

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
15:16:01 Jan 03 2012
Read 12,228 times

>> how are 2 seperate accounts, for 2 different people in the same household a violation of TOS as the honor faq states?

The Honor FAQ doesn't quite say that.

•  REPLY  •

FatalAttraction
FatalAttraction
Savage (61)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Dark Souls (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 7 years.
16:03:23 Jan 03 2012
Read 12,210 times

It states that you can not give yourself Honor with your other accounts. Like I could not give Honor to myself using my hisdarkestdream account.

•  REPLY  •

16:10:57 Jan 03 2012
Read 12,202 times

As it states Honor can only be given/taken 5 times a day ... please could you clarify at what point the new Honor is available ?

(IE is it reset at Midnight GMT (0 offset) like most VampireRave features ?)

•  REPLY  •

schedule1
schedule1
Premiere Sire (128)
[ Give / Take ]
16:25:07 Jan 03 2012
Read 12,186 times

WHAT IS THIS "DUPLICATE ACCOUNT" ERROR

Not only can you not give/take Honor from yourself, you cannot give/take Honor for any account you've logged into. This means your duplicate accounts, accounts under the same household, and accounts you shouldn't be logging into anyway, as it's a violation of Vampire Rave policy.

•  REPLY  •

ZomIV
ZomIV

No Longer Registered
17:46:04 Jan 03 2012
Read 12,155 times

"and accounts you shouldn't be logging into anyway"

I believe this is the violation of Vampire Rave policy that it is speaking of. Not necessarily two people in the same household with their own accounts.

Duplicate accounts (I believe) is if you have more than one account.

•  REPLY  •

FatalAttraction
FatalAttraction
Savage (61)
[ Give / Take ]
00:17:14 Jan 04 2012
Read 12,000 times

I don't like the limit of 5 per day. I think it should be 1 per person per day. As in I could only give 1 honor a day to Cancer. Just an opinion. I like it otherwise.

•  REPLY  •

DireConsequences
DireConsequences
Venerable Sire (131)
Honor: 54
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs
03:22:40 Jan 04 2012
Read 11,951 times

The 5 a day limit is to keep people from abusing it too badly. =)

I could see wanting to get 1 extra for every 10 or 15 levels you've earned if it catches on... especially if it does get implemented into the status system later on. It would be really awesome to earn more favor to give out.

The idea of earning it to give or take is appealing to. =)

•  REPLY  •

crossbow
crossbow

No Longer Registered
12:48:56 Jan 04 2012
Read 11,788 times

I like the new feature, bringing a touch of the real world to the Rave....
One can play this game many ways and some don't play nice.

What I want to know is how to give dishonor to some one who you would rather not go to there profile first to do it. Thus, if the leaving of honor is anonymous, showing up on their page is not . If they are observant, they can figure it out. Maybe "honor : (give/take) " could show up under a profile search???

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
15:17:55 Jan 04 2012
Read 11,760 times

There are several ways.

Links are posted on:

Profiles
Portfolios
Journals
Member Pages
Forums Posts
The Top 10 / Bottom 10 Honor list

Additionally, you can manually input the URL. For example, if I go to my Profile and click on give/take Honor, the URL in the URL bar is:

https://www.vampirerave.com/honor/give_honor.php?give=Cancer&go_back_to_page=https://www.vampirerave.com/profiles/profiles2.php?profile=Cancer

This takes a little bit of technical expertise. There's two steps. First step is to chop up the URL. Delete everything from &go_back_to_page on, and you're left with:

https://www.vampirerave.com/honor/give_honor.php?give=Cancer

Now, just replace Cancer with another VR username. This will take you directly to the give/take Honor page for any Vampire Rave member.

•  REPLY  •

crossbow
crossbow

No Longer Registered
18:20:00 Jan 04 2012
Read 11,727 times

Ah, thank you for giving a short-cut to the honor page of a member.

Actually, I see that someone in mind has already made the bottom ten honor list !!

•  REPLY  •

xxEmaeraldxx
xxEmaeraldxx
Superior Sire (141)
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Umbrae Octo is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Umbrae Octo
19:51:37 Jan 04 2012
Read 11,695 times

I am wondering are the honour ratings time zone related? I last gave honour points at 23.30 (ish) GMT last night, and now at 19.49GMT the next day, (which is nearly 24 hours) I still have another 4 hours to go until I can give honour again.

•  REPLY  •

FatalAttraction
FatalAttraction
Savage (61)
[ Give / Take ]
19:54:56 Jan 04 2012
Read 11,693 times

It's based on the new day of VR. Such as, my new day on VR starts at 7:00pm my time. I live in Virginia if this gives you any idea. It is now 2:53pm.

•  REPLY  •

xxEmaeraldxx
xxEmaeraldxx
Superior Sire (141)
[ Give / Take ]

20:11:45 Jan 04 2012
Read 11,680 times

Ah, the same time as the browser reset time.. I believe. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could have a Vampire Rave clock depicting the VR time. We are in a world of our own, in Cancer's creation. Loving the new Honors .. super idea :)

•  REPLY  •

xxEmaeraldxx
xxEmaeraldxx
Superior Sire (141)
[ Give / Take ]

20:37:23 Jan 04 2012
Read 11,657 times

Another question: I know name changes have been covered.. but what if a Member sells their account, and both the member name and the isp is different. Are the honour points transferred in that case? Or is there a clean slate made?

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
Honor: 104,167
[ Give / Take ]
Cartomancer is the Hand of the Prince.
20:51:50 Jan 04 2012
Read 11,644 times

They will stay the same as your blocks will. They have to, really... people often lie to members saying they are a 'new owner' to try and get out of being blocked. Same kind of shadiness can happen here.

•  REPLY  •

demi
demi
Charmer (84)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The Coven of Vampyre Lovers
Vampire Rave member for 12 years.
02:30:27 Jan 05 2012
Read 11,548 times

I really love the ideal of the honor system so far! I have been away for a while so I was happy to log in and see a new feature to learn about.

•  REPLY  •

Severus
Severus
Sire (107)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 15 years.
02:56:35 Jan 05 2012
Read 11,538 times

The "flaws" within the current 1-10 rating system aren't really flaws at all, just dishonest people abusing a system for their own gain or amusement. Even so the same things people complain about now are still present within this new system... You will still have entire Covens taking honor away from a single user just to make a point. You will still have members harassing others via a rating system whether they are blocked or not. The average wacko who is uber religious or hates vampires will still be able to lecture you about your life choices. Cancer and his staff will still be getting email messages from members who feel they have been wronged in some way, and at the end of the day all of the fair ratings will still only come from those who are fair and honest about how they rate a member in the first place.

As if that wasn't enough with this new system the types of people you would want to honor most you cant!!
If some one can't honor their spouse or their children's profiles because they all share the same IP address then your friends and foes are all that is left... but if the giving or taking of honor from a person's profile has no baring on their status then what's the point??

Sorry for being some what brutal with the honesty because I'm not trying to offend anyone but I simply call them as I see them, and what I see is this quickly becoming just another toy for the drama queens.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
04:11:25 Jan 05 2012
Read 11,507 times

You're wrong, and I just took some of your Honor.

On a more serious note, the average profile rating is something like 9.9. How does that fit into your "Coven down-rating scheme?"

The fact is, far too many people give out 10s just because Premium Members can see who has rated them. The Honor rating system fixes this problem. There is no 1-10. It's one rating, based on your Status score. You can rate anonymously. You CANNOT use your alts to falsely inflate your own score.

If someone is getting "massively down-rated", well they most likely deserve it. They've behaved badly, pissed people off, and are now reaping the consequences.

Conversely, if a member behaves with good netiquette, their score will rise.

In short, your Honor score, and where it ranks among other Vampire Rave members, is a more accurate reflection of how you are perceived by others at Vampire Rave.

Your Profile rating is not.

•  REPLY  •

DeathsEmbrace
DeathsEmbrace
Great Sire (113)
[ Give / Take ]
06:01:39 Jan 05 2012
Read 11,474 times

I think this is a good thing.

For example, I know VR has in the past had a few people who were complete idiots, but had high scores since no one wanted to show them their real opinion on them. This can be a good way of letting others or new members judge if they think some members would be good to talk to based on their Honor.

On the down side, I do know some people will use it in a negative way to flood some people with dishonor. That happens, and it surely will. At least it doesn't affect your score overall.

Over all I like this though, and maybe in the months to come it will act as a way for members to take drama off of VR and make it a nicer place.

•  REPLY  •

crossbow
crossbow

No Longer Registered
12:07:55 Jan 05 2012
Read 11,399 times

I liked it until it became apparent to me that giving honor was not just a one to one bestowal , or that each persons honor was equal to any others. Rather if I give honor it's worth 4 or if my CM gives honor it's worth 12.

It's just a gimmick then ,IMHO, it doesn't really reflect community values that believe in the worth of each individual, but again rewards those who clicked on the most pages (who have lots of friends who clicked lots of pages). I understand that this is just a website...it's commercial , it's a paid service, it's a game. It never was supposed to be fair, ehhh?? Just like in real life!!

•  REPLY  •

ShaitanNous
ShaitanNous
Daemon (95)
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 13 years.
12:24:55 Jan 05 2012
Read 11,394 times

I have a question.

If a member is blocked and takes honors away from you is there a system generated comment like:

"Left by a blocked user." ???

If so, does it appear again IF they come back to take more honors away from you?

•  REPLY  •

xXAaliyahXx
xXAaliyahXx

No Longer Registered
12:31:52 Jan 05 2012
Read 11,388 times

If a family shares the same computer, why can't the spouse honor their partner? I know it's part of the system but it would also be nice to see an honor from your husband/wife or child.

•  REPLY  •

PoeticHeart
PoeticHeart
Anarchist (88)
[ Give / Take ]
Poison (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Poison (Coven)
14:22:27 Jan 05 2012
Read 11,346 times

You wanna know whats stupid?

The fact that my boyfriend logs in using my IP address one freaking time and now I can't give him any honor what so ever, because apparently we are running "duplicate accounts".

I mean what if two people live together and they use the same computer, but have totally separate accounts? How is that a "duplicate account"?

Only problem I've encountered.

•  REPLY  •

crossbow
crossbow

No Longer Registered
14:50:25 Jan 05 2012
Read 11,336 times

I don't think this IP address rule will change-he's just trying to prevent abuse. Here's an idea though, to honor those to whom one is very close ... Make them dinner , give them a treat, do something special for them, do something real- save virtual honor for this virtual world.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
15:18:55 Jan 05 2012
Read 11,331 times

If a member you've blocked leaves your any kind of honor rating, it's visible, and a comment is left, the comment is replaced with, "Left by a blocked user".

If the rating is invisible, no comment is left. If it said, "Left by blocked user", it might help you figure out who left the rating.

The duplicate issue will not change. It affects a very small number of people. There are far more people here with duplicate accounts versus "accounts under one household".

•  REPLY  •

Vampirewitch39
Vampirewitch39
Royal Sire (208)
Honor: 75,246
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
18:44:11 Jan 05 2012
Read 11,264 times

Cancer wrote-

"If someone is getting "massively down-rated", well they most likely deserve it. They've behaved badly, pissed people off, and are now reaping the consequences."

HA! Damn... he is so good at cutting out the bullshit. Truth hurts.

I mean- the people who have honored me have not asked me once to return the favor, and my GOD.... what a freaking relief.

I kind of like the honor system, being way more fair then rates, friends and journal adds. Reason I hope it never goes toward your status level as that would make it just another "Add me! Give ME!" whine.

And on the comment of high status members getting more power on their honors they give--- Gosh, been here for 5 years. I sort of think I should get something more then a new member, or a member who does not log on but once a month.

The long term, active members are who make the site what it is.

•  REPLY  •

FatalAttraction
FatalAttraction
Savage (61)
[ Give / Take ]
19:06:04 Jan 05 2012
Read 11,256 times

Honor is given to those who deserve it taken away from those who don't deserve it. If you are liked very well and are known, you will get honor, if not....well.....Sorry.

The way the honor works with our status is like a hierarchy. If a King was to give you honor it would count more than a prince or a regular person. The high status you are the higher your honor is.

•  REPLY  •

crossbow
crossbow

No Longer Registered
20:25:03 Jan 05 2012
Read 11,232 times

However, long time and thus high level members already get special power - your ratings are weighted so as to crush or elevate status scores based on careful consideration and evaluation of profiles.

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
22:19:13 Jan 05 2012
Read 11,192 times

That's the incentive to level, all kinds of opportunities come in doing so. Not just in ratings, but being able to apply for an Acolyte position, your own society, and now weighted Honor. This whole system is set up to hopefully engage you to the point of moving your profile through these levels and attaining these options yourself.

•  REPLY  •

PureEvil
PureEvil
Changeling (71)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
02:51:34 Jan 06 2012
Read 11,111 times

Thanks for adding the Honor feature to Vampire Rave its different than before.

•  REPLY  •

Tzaddi
Tzaddi
Venerable Sire (136)
[ Give / Take ]
05:49:07 Jan 06 2012
Read 11,060 times

It really is an interesting option....makes people more competative, and work harder, which is great for the Covens and Houses!

•  REPLY  •

CarmenDarlin
CarmenDarlin

No Longer Registered
21:49:38 Jan 06 2012
Read 10,818 times

i do like the honor thingy, just wish we had more than 5 per 24 hours lol. i always run out so quickly, other than that though it is awesome.

:)

•  REPLY  •

fallendemon
fallendemon
Evil One (74)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
23:51:04 Jan 06 2012
Read 10,794 times

I love the new honor system! Its a great way to give someone a truthful rating. Thanks Cancer!

•  REPLY  •

KarminaTheDarkAngel
KarminaTheDarkAngel
Royal Sire (206)
Honor: 12
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Sete Diabolica (Coven)
03:33:15 Jan 07 2012
Read 10,738 times

I have to agree with Severus , I think it could be a good thing but I think the drama queens will abuse it .

I think if you take honor you should have to leave your name . But thats just my 2 cents

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
04:23:38 Jan 07 2012
Read 10,729 times

It doesn't surprise me that you feel that way, as you have a ton of negative Honor.

•  REPLY  •

AlphaControl
AlphaControl
Anarchist (88)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The Coven of Purgatory
18:08:37 Jan 07 2012
Read 10,553 times

I actually love the new feature, I seriously hope members don't start fighting over it, big deal if someone takes honor move on be nice about it . No point in lowering yourself to childish arguments over a feature . haha keep drama in your coven ( being sarcastic ) but wow some fight constantly ..We are all here to enjoy this site thats been provided for us ..hope all get along

•  REPLY  •

dwaynemcgriff01
dwaynemcgriff01
Royal Sire (201)
Honor: 1,817
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs is a member of an Alliance

00:06:40 Jan 08 2012
Read 10,478 times

Cancer i really like this new feature. Because it determine if you very like on Vr or very hated on Vr.

•  REPLY  •

Severus
Severus
Sire (107)
[ Give / Take ]
03:37:25 Jan 08 2012
Read 10,418 times

All I said was I didn 't find a lot of fault with the 1-10 profile rating system and for that I was given dishonor??
I just think it's funny that you took honor from me for giving my opinion in an open forum (which is basicly a hate rate) and then said that sort of thing can't happen in the same breath.

Under normally circumstances I would say that "time" holds no lies and keeps no secrets... The longer you wait the more obvious the truth of something becomes. But that won't be neccessary because people are already manipulating it... but don't take my word for it go and read some of the actual entries people are making on some of these honor pages and you'll see the same people giving or taking favor on a single profile all five times at once, every day!!
Seriously folks are already hip deep into the drama of it and I have already gotten the message - " so and so dishonored me 5 times in one day so can you help me out by honoring me today."
All the while there are very active and honorable people with no honor given at all.

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
03:53:58 Jan 08 2012
Read 10,407 times

Dude, he was kidding you. Have you looked at your Honor points? You don't have any negatives.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
04:02:34 Jan 08 2012
Read 10,400 times

Some people are dense.

•  REPLY  •

DireConsequences
DireConsequences
Venerable Sire (131)
Honor: 54
[ Give / Take ]

06:04:16 Jan 08 2012
Read 10,353 times

Okay, I think I have a valid question. =) I'm on dial up. I get kicked often because of phone calls from our switch and when I go to update, it says I've been logged out from my IP address changing.

With the honor system... how does it work with dial up?

We use several different access numbers since we have free long distance and I'm sure they have mirrors in place since we don't have one for Canton, OH on our list but it shows when I look at my facebook along with other places in Ohio and West Virginia.

But considering I do live in a house with another VR member, I was wondering if it does work the same since our IP address does seem to change a lot.

*Side note of no concern: We can't get high speed or wireless. I miss it. Don't take it for granted! Haha!*

•  REPLY  •

Erulastiel
Erulastiel

No Longer Registered
10:43:09 Jan 08 2012
Read 10,297 times

At first, I honestly thought it would be just another stupid feature that no one would use. But kinda like it. The only thing I question is the following....
(Yes Ive read the page on honor a few times)

If someone is down rated with honor over and over again by the same person every day, Hardly seems fair. Yes we should all be mature enough not to attack people with such petty things as down rating them, with ratings and Honor, but people do. I think their should be some way to block it, from you giving that person honor and from them giving you honor.

Other then that I think it's a good idea and will grab more attention and to have a bit more fun and if it doesn't catch on, eh there will be some people (like myself) who find it to be a bit of a challenge lol

•  REPLY  •

YOURFUKINGOBSESSION
YOURFUKINGOBSESSION
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]

Member of Poison (Coven)
18:03:16 Jan 08 2012
Read 10,218 times

I DON'T THINK A SYSTEM COULD BE INVENTED THAT WOULD REFLECT SOMEONE'S POPULARITY IN A TRUE WAY BECAUSE THERE ARE ALWAYS FACTORS TO BE MANIPULATED. IF YOU LOOK AT MOST OF THE TOP ON THE HONOR LEADER BOARD YOU WILL SEE MANY PEOPLE LUMP HONORING THEIR FRIENDS. AND SINCE THERE ARE ONLY 5 A DAY, MANY PEOPLE AREN'T SHARING THEIR HONOR WITH PEOPLE THERE ARE FRIENDS WITH BECAUSE THEY ARE PICKING ONLY A FEW TO GIVE IT TO. THAT IS THEIR CHOICE OF COURSE, BUT THE POINT IS ANY SYSTEM CAN BE MANIPULATED. A TRUE REFLECTION OF SOMEONE WHO IS LOVED IS WHEN THEIR FRIENDS LEAVE NEGATIVE HONOR ON THE ATTACKERS ACCOUNT AND LET THEIR FACES BE SHOWN AS TO WHO DID IT. BECAUSE THAT MEANS WE ARE WILLING TO BE ATTACKED FOR STANDING BESIDE THAT FRIEND. THAT IS TRUE FRIENDSHIP.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
18:47:23 Jan 08 2012
Read 10,203 times

DireConsequences,

It shouldn't affect anything, except that you will not be able to give Honor to the person you live with.

XxBeautifullyDisturbedxX,

You get 5 Honor rates. You're allowed to use them how you wish within the pre-determined constraints of the system.

TWISTEDBUTTERFLY,

People manipulate online because they manipulate in real life. Cliques form. When someone is disliked, more energy is put toward that dislike. VR reflects this in letting you use more than one Honor rate per day per person.

•  REPLY  •

xMrSilver
xMrSilver
Dybbuk (76)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
02:49:58 Jan 09 2012
Read 10,110 times

It's with any system which can be abused. The honor system isn't an exception. I believe the members who are willing to leave negative honors should be made to appear as it might discourage mulitple takings. If the anonymous members are going to dishonor another member into showing shame then the ones who are doing the shaming should also be highlighted and seen by others. Negative honors shouldn't been hidden from the public and neither should their names.

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
03:15:02 Jan 09 2012
Read 10,101 times

You want them to appear because you want to know who these people are. Many PMs see who rate them, then gather a ton to go e-attack that person for the rate. We've never been able to truly give honest feelings with rates due to apprehension with being seen doing so and having (sometimes) your whole society 'pay' for a one simple rate given. Now, people can feel free to do what they want without worry.

It can't be 'abuse' if it's an allowable option. It's 5 shots a day, and if you are a paying member that has more profiles you've earned your right to have more whacks at it. The only way it could really be abuse is if you could give YOURSELF Honor, and you can't.

If Honor was the same as rates (being able to see who does is), you wouldn't see the results we have right now. It wouldn't be any different.

•  REPLY  •

xMrSilver
xMrSilver
Dybbuk (76)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
07:32:38 Jan 09 2012
Read 10,037 times

No disrespect intended but if it's an allowable option and the majority believes it can't be abused then can't the same be said for the rating and blocking options too?

•  REPLY  •

AngelSpit
AngelSpit

No Longer Registered
08:37:40 Jan 09 2012
Read 10,025 times

Images hit the nail on the head, in regards to people who have a lot of honour. My friends chose to give all of their daily honour to me, on my main profile. I think a lot of people are jealous of that.
Again, it reflects upon the way people view you.

It's all simple and straight-forward when you think about it.

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
09:21:34 Jan 09 2012
Read 10,013 times

That's right, Butterfly. Rating 1s and blocking is not 'abuse', and that's why you've never heard of anyone being suspended for it. Members message admins all the time complaining about rates and blocks- and we tell them it's not 'harrasment', they are obvious allowable site-given options. All the same, due to the way members use this to their advantage in manipupating others to rate them the way they want it, it's less accurate. You have no control over who takes Honor and you have nothing solid in knowing who did it.

A member can feel free to say what they really think with this option. And a lot of people are pissed because they aren't used not being able to talk people into (in some cases, 'bully') changing the numbers.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
15:17:04 Jan 09 2012
Read 9,951 times

>> And a lot of people are pissed because they aren't used to not being able to talk people into (in some cases, 'bully') changing the numbers.

This is one of the reasons this new system is accrual based. You cannot change Honor ratings made in the past. In a few weeks from now when some people are +/- 10,000, it will take more than a few Honor ratings to swing it around, making manipulation even more difficult.

•  REPLY  •

crossbow
crossbow

No Longer Registered
20:06:34 Jan 09 2012
Read 9,900 times

I was thinking about that--these numbers are probably going to go pretty high. Just look at what we have in a week! Unless people get bored of it, of course...I doubt that will happen. I bet we will see 100,000 point honor scores in a year.

I do find the psychology of all of VR's ratings metrics fascinating.

•  REPLY  •

MooniePie
MooniePie
Royal Sire (226)
Honor: 40
[ Give / Take ]
22:57:20 Jan 09 2012
Read 9,857 times

I've noticed on my other profile that someone gave me honor. They self deleted and then the comment was gone.

If a person self deletes does their honor/dishonor get removed?

•  REPLY  •

Novus
Novus
Great Sire (115)
[ Give / Take ]
23:08:10 Jan 09 2012
Read 9,851 times

If you've logged into vr from a friends computer who's also a member how long does it take for the ip address to be rectified so you can leave them honors?

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
23:12:45 Jan 09 2012
Read 9,847 times

MASTERxROHAAN: 30 days.

•  REPLY  •

Isis101
Isis101
Venerable Sire (134)
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Lunazure is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Lunazure
01:06:50 Jan 10 2012
Read 9,817 times

Overall I think the new Honor system is great...like others though, I'm bummed about not being able to honor some due to the 'duplicate account error'
nuisance. It's too bad that that has to stick around in the system.

•  REPLY  •

xMrSilver
xMrSilver
Dybbuk (76)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
04:34:37 Jan 10 2012
Read 9,761 times

There's possibly a way to get around the duplicate error of more than one person living in the same house. I'm sure members wouldn't give their passwords out so is it possible to have a password protect to honor those who are in the same household but not the same person?

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
04:56:55 Jan 10 2012
Read 9,753 times

You still couldn't prove is wasn't one person with different profiles and different passwords for each.

•  REPLY  •

Isis101
Isis101
Venerable Sire (134)
[ Give / Take ]

05:08:57 Jan 10 2012
Read 9,749 times

That's why I'm bummed about it. I live alone, and don't share my comp with anyone.
Someone mentioned that AT&T has trunk lines shared by many, and that they all have the same ip address, for example. I use AT&T, so I must be one of the ones the duplicate error affects. Bummer.

•  REPLY  •

xMrSilver
xMrSilver
Dybbuk (76)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
06:32:01 Jan 10 2012
Read 9,735 times

I meant like when you update your profile and you need to reenter the password, couldn't that be implemented into the honors?

•  REPLY  •

dewgoddess
dewgoddess
Needler (12)
[ Give / Take ]
07:47:22 Jan 10 2012
Read 9,707 times

I am sort of new here and wanted to know, what are honors? What are they for? And what happens when you take one? How does it all work? lol Confused. :) Thanks!

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
10:20:00 Jan 10 2012
Read 9,680 times

Read the FAQ link Cancer provided in the first post of this thread.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
15:21:51 Jan 10 2012
Read 9,615 times

When an account is deleted, the honor ratings and comments left are also deleted.

•  REPLY  •

xMrSilver
xMrSilver
Dybbuk (76)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
23:51:01 Jan 10 2012
Read 9,499 times

Does that apply for members who change their usernames too?

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
00:25:47 Jan 11 2012
Read 9,489 times

No. The 4th post in this thread Cancer stated, "Name changes are fully transferred."

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
01:11:51 Jan 11 2012
Read 9,475 times

Certain mobile access users are finding themselves unable to award Honor because of using the Opera Mini browser, or other services (I found it with some AT&T mobile users as well). When you use some of these to log onto VR, it connects you to other users who use them here... and it's going to show up as a duplicate account error when you try to Honor those other members also using it.

This is just a heads up- Opera Mini (for one) is not going to be a way you'll want to access the site if you plan to use the Honor option.

•  REPLY  •

xxEmaeraldxx
xxEmaeraldxx
Superior Sire (141)
[ Give / Take ]

22:37:22 Jan 11 2012
Read 9,197 times

I am wondering will the honour points ever be reset after a given time-period? (i.e yearly honour rolls) This could give new members an incentive to participate in this new highly favourable site activity.

•  REPLY  •

Terminus
Terminus
Great Sire (119)
[ Give / Take ]
House Eternal is a member of an Alliance

Member of House Eternal
03:33:56 Jan 12 2012
Read 9,108 times

Personally? The Honor system is pretty cool. It more or less, when, all said and done? Gives everyone an idea of whether you are an ass or not on VR.

Be an ass? Get negative Honor. Get along with everyone? Your Honor is positive.

But, that's just my opinion, not that it really counts.

•  REPLY  •

ObsidienButterfly
ObsidienButterfly
Mosquito (7)
[ Give / Take ]
05:00:57 Jan 12 2012
Read 9,087 times

I think the honor system is a good thing. There will always be people who abuse the system, but overall this is a pretty fair way of doing things.

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
13:39:13 Jan 12 2012
Read 9,000 times

I like the system,but as always,there are the abusers.
I did come across a problem this morning when someone left their honour but decided to stretch the page to the point where it is pretty much unreadable.
Is there anything that can be done about this?

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
20:43:46 Jan 12 2012
Read 8,936 times

Cancer and I got the page stretcher as well. These are anonymous, but obviously people- the site owner can see everything. Don't be stupid. Negatives aren't abuse- but messing with the site's aesthetics is a different story.

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
00:12:40 Jan 13 2012
Read 8,723 times

Thanks Images, and yes,I agree.It isnt the honour,because thats a choice that we are free to make,but I have to admit it bummed me out when I saw that it had stretched the page so bad that I couldnt read it anymore.

•  REPLY  •

Loki666
Loki666
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]

Member of Poison (Coven)
02:16:01 Jan 13 2012
Read 8,682 times

I personally like the feature and think it is a great idea! As long as you don't piss people off by being rude or anything as far as treating them bad and are positive and nice to people it will show! So that being said it could be a good thing to make people be nicer or just keep quiet! People need to realize this is a fun place to learn and socialize so leave your real life problems in the real world and have fun.

•  REPLY  •

Obscurity
Obscurity
Great Sire (117)
Honor: 30
[ Give / Take ]

19:25:39 Jan 13 2012
Read 8,483 times

If honor is an honest rate of a person, wouldn't resetting it pretty pointless?

Vampire Rave Honor is a rating system. More than just a rating of a member's profile or portfolio, Honor encompasses the entire member. It is the rating for a member as a whole.

We don't get 'honor resets' in real life, why should it be any different here? How you choose to interact with people is how you are going to be judged. I'd want to see if a person changed their ways over a certain amount of time. If they haven't then I wouldn't want to deal with them. If they have, then great, let's see how they are.

The only point I see in an honor reset is so that people can try to get on the either Highest Honors or Lowest honors list. And that list is going to keep changing over time.

If you want on the highest honors- don't act like a tool.
If you want off the lowest honors- don't act like a tool.

It's pretty simple.

•  REPLY  •

DarqnessWithin
DarqnessWithin

No Longer Registered
16:12:59 Jan 14 2012
Read 8,216 times

Well, after reading up on all the info and questions asked and answered... I think this new honor system sounds very intriguing and exciting! I don't really have any issues with anything about it and it seems like it will work out for everyone in the end (if "you" can behave and be nice to everyone, leave RL drama out of VR --- be adult about any given situation instead of resorting to petty childish behaviors ::if "you" don't want someone doing something to "you", then don't do it or anything like it to anyone ....and remember something we all were taught most likely growing up.... two wrongs don't make a right:: if we all can do this I believe this will be a great move for VR).

When I first started reading up on the honor system I wasn't sure I was fully impressed with the idea --- the main "issue" being the idea you could honor/dishonor the same person with all 5 shots (i was thinking that if "you" could honor/dishonor each person of "your" choice 1 time every 24hrs, then that would be a more than fair and reasonable ideal, of course still keeping the limit of 5 honor/dishonor points for each member to give out daily) --- but the more I got to thinking about it and reading all Q&A's, the more I was perfectly comfortable with the way things are set up.

The reason being: That even if there are those certain individuals who are going to try and "manipulate the system" by whatever means they see fit, in the long run it isn't going to matter. Because due to the great ability to think outside the box and the foresight to see the big picture and not just the "right now"... Our Awesome Cancer has come up with a system that I, for one, fully believe will prove itself fair and effective within the 1st year(at the most) of being in effect!

I mean, think about it.... (and I know that there are those of you out there that just don't like the idea of someone being able to "honor their best friend"/"dishonor their worst enemy" 5x's every 24 hrs) ....we ALL get the same opportunity to do as we please with our own 5 points!
"But he/she has more profiles than i do, therefore they have more power" ... if that's your biggest argument then go make yourself an additional profile or not, that's your right and your decision same as everyone else.

At least there are boundaries and limitations set in place to maintain structure best as possible. And for another thing, we All now have the chance to finally feel like we can honestly rate one another. We can voice our opinions loud and proud or quiet as a mouse, however we so choose, and we can do this without fear of retaliation!! Cancer gave us all a little bit of freedom guys, so that no matter who you are or what your standing is we all start on the same steady footings. How steady you want your footing to be is entirely dependent upon how much effort you are willing to put forth to gain it.... now that's just pretty cool, least in my book.

Good job Cancer!! Way to bring equality and consequences for ones actions and behavior back to VR and to everyone here!!

Work hard and strive for success and you'll reap the benefits...do nothing but be a menace and cause problems for others and well, you'll get what you asked for! The choice is up to you.

•  REPLY  •

TheDarkDemon
TheDarkDemon
Aggressor (83)
[ Give / Take ]

Member of Poison (Coven)
19:58:41 Jan 15 2012
Read 7,910 times

I think the honor system is an awesome idea! I believe it's also a great way for people to get to know each other better and possibly get people to be more social then they normally would be. More community interaction so to speak and an increase in activity for others. Something new always adds a little spice to the site so to speak.

•  REPLY  •

Isis101
Isis101
Venerable Sire (134)
[ Give / Take ]

20:55:48 Jan 16 2012
Read 7,744 times

Honor should be earned, right?
Since asking/begging/demanding honor is the pinnacle of tackiness, those who do so should be 'dishonored'...
or ignored.

•  REPLY  •

Isis101
Isis101
Venerable Sire (134)
[ Give / Take ]

20:58:09 Jan 16 2012
Read 7,741 times

I forgot to state that my comment is my opinion. We all have them...

•  REPLY  •

scorpio
scorpio

No Longer Registered
07:43:36 Jan 17 2012
Read 7,587 times

seems like a cool idea whats next?

•  REPLY  •

Floki
Floki
Sire (106)
[ Give / Take ]
00:13:33 Jan 18 2012
Read 7,369 times

i agree with you ..honor should be earned..i have never asked for honor but i have given it in return for those giving it to me..but as i think on this more now.. any honor i give out is going to be because the person deserves it..

•  REPLY  •

LittleLostWolf
LittleLostWolf
Monstrosity (34)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
04:06:44 Jan 19 2012
Read 6,999 times

This is such a awesome new feature I think...

•  REPLY  •

demi
demi
Charmer (84)
[ Give / Take ]
14:46:33 Jan 19 2012
Read 6,891 times

I don't give honor out to just anyone. They have to earn it through my eyes. I don't see the point in giving someone a high number just because they are a Sire or higher. When I log in and see that my honor has changed, I go and see who left some for me. It's exciting because it's nice to know who is thinking about you enough to click that button.

•  REPLY  •

DevineRapture
DevineRapture

No Longer Registered
14:49:39 Jan 19 2012
Read 6,886 times

i like the honor feature its honest, it to the point an maybe it will get ride of the drama makers on this site, its nice not to be bothered for once, i havent had anybody say hey can i get some honor, and ya know its relaxing lol, thanks Cancer for this new treat cant wait to see how you introduce it to the status system, that should make for a nice bonus :) blessed be

•  REPLY  •

demi
demi
Charmer (84)
[ Give / Take ]
14:53:48 Jan 19 2012
Read 6,884 times

I would like to believe that it'll get rid of some of the drama starts, but to some, it has only made it worse.

•  REPLY  •

LunaHag
LunaHag
Evil Spirit (60)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
18:11:51 Jan 19 2012
Read 6,852 times

I think its great and means you can make someones day if they dont have any honours already.

•  REPLY  •

DevineRapture
DevineRapture

No Longer Registered
03:30:21 Jan 20 2012
Read 6,722 times

i personally think that if we can all act a bit more mature the drama could be avoided, i mean just cause you dont like sombody doesnt mean you have to be mean back turn the other shoulder

•  REPLY  •

GatsunoKisu
GatsunoKisu
Basilisk (92)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
06:20:34 Jan 20 2012
Read 6,690 times

Is anyone at all surprised about the ruckus caused by this new feature? Is anyone surprised by the tops to the positive or negative?
The top 10 positives are inflated(minus Cancer, his numbers in either direction were to be expected)by their friends and covens. Lets face it, if I had three profiles that all had covens and those three profiles had friends with three profiles I could swing a competitive inflation of honor but I don't so I won't and I wouldn't because it's foolish.
The entire honor rating system is as amusing as the popularity contest itself. Piss away at each other folks, piss away. LOL

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
09:38:40 Jan 20 2012
Read 6,659 times

Every new implementation creates something like this- people that love it and people that hate it. One thing's for sure, it gets people signing in, talking, and utilizing the site more each time. It's always good for Vampire Rave when that happens.

•  REPLY  •

Loki666
Loki666
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]

Member of Poison (Coven)
03:32:08 Jan 21 2012
Read 6,475 times

I agree anything that makes the site "boom" be it praise or bitching is good for the network. So everyone keep complaining or praising. Basically what im saying is the site requires people to be active to thrive so view that page post that comment and give that one honor or dishonor... who cares it is activity.

•  REPLY  •

MOONLITDREAM
MOONLITDREAM
Arch Sire (190)
[ Give / Take ]
05:50:17 Jan 21 2012
Read 6,442 times

As with anything which Cancer adds to the Dark Network, it is another great feature. Some will use it to their advantage while others will use it as it was created to be used. Thank you Cancer for yet another wonderful addition to the Network.

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
06:40:50 Jan 21 2012
Read 6,429 times

Keep in mind, 'as it was created to be used' is subjective amongst members- the truth is, I think it's working in all cases exactly as he intended. There is no abuse with something that is allowed. People decide to give all their daily honor to one person, and that's 'great'- but take all your daily honor from one person, and that's 'abuse'. It's really just, 'allowed' and 'fine'.

•  REPLY  •

PAGAN
PAGAN
Great Sire (116)
[ Give / Take ]
Chateau Orleans (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Chateau Orleans (Coven)
13:26:34 Jan 21 2012
Read 6,335 times

I agree with that Images. I have a feeling that Cancer knew exactly how this new feature would 'pan out'. Pretty clever, huh?

Nice one Cancer! I LOVE it :P

•  REPLY  •

DevineRapture
DevineRapture

No Longer Registered
14:08:26 Jan 21 2012
Read 6,322 times

i think like the lovely Images said earlier, as long as its bringing in more people to VR and helping this site we should be greatful for it, i for one would like to see more people on here, because lets face it most of us live on here its like home

•  REPLY  •

MooniePie
MooniePie
Royal Sire (226)
[ Give / Take ]
16:15:55 Jan 21 2012
Read 6,293 times

The feature is fun. I really hope it doesn't become part of the rating process. It's one of those things that is just fun to do and not mandatory.

heh And an observation if you will-

The ones I notice that mostly say 'it is being abused' are from those that are constantly getting negative honor for one shenanigan or another.

Maybe its a sign?

•  REPLY  •

DevineRapture
DevineRapture

No Longer Registered
20:50:52 Jan 21 2012
Read 6,227 times

Moon i have to agree with you there anybody who has beeen recieving honor seems to like it and those who dont like it seem to be the trouble makers and the drama starters, maybe Cancer did this for that reason to be able to keep an eye on people...hmmm

•  REPLY  •

Morrigon
Morrigon
High Sire (159)
Honor: 59
[ Give / Take ]
01:26:32 Jan 23 2012
Read 5,909 times

I seriously doubt that Cancer gives a rat's (sorry Vampirewitch39) ass about people who get into arguments with each other here. If you're within TOS, it's all on you.

The Honor feature, like everything else here, should be taken with a grain of salt. Don't act like you're above the drama if you can't get over a few negative honor. It is going to happen. Get used to it and move on.

•  REPLY  •

deathnitegrl
deathnitegrl
Venerable Sire (131)
[ Give / Take ]
House Eternal is a member of an Alliance

Member of House Eternal
18:23:38 Jan 24 2012
Read 5,778 times

Drama is going to happen anyway. It happened everytime something new was introduced and it's going to happen whatever is the reason. Afterall it happens in the real life and anywhere on the web this is no different place, afterall I never heard of a vampire without drama ;) Anyway thanks for this new feature.

•  REPLY  •

ScarlettDarkLady
ScarlettDarkLady
Illusionist (78)
[ Give / Take ]

17:45:35 Jan 25 2012
Read 5,583 times

well,its stupid if u ask mes, the whole thing is dumb. i hope this place doesn't end up looking like facebook with a thousand redundant features. i hate the blast 2. it is just irritating 2 me. and the honor thingy only reflects who has more friends, which will obviously be the vr members that have been here the longest. so i feel sorry for any lower levels who would piss off any of them, cuz they will get negative honor for days by an angry horde,lol no wonder people stay quiet about how they really feel.

•  REPLY  •

MooniePie
MooniePie
Royal Sire (226)
[ Give / Take ]
18:00:46 Jan 25 2012
Read 5,578 times

You do realize that you can actually turn blasting off?

I also notice that you aren't a Premium Member. If you were to purchase a membership, which supports the site, there are other features you can turn off as well.

Then maybe you wouldn't find the 'whole thing dumb and irritating'. ;)

•  REPLY  •

ScarlettDarkLady
ScarlettDarkLady
Illusionist (78)
[ Give / Take ]

18:10:12 Jan 25 2012
Read 5,575 times

can mes turn off the honor thingy?

•  REPLY  •

MooniePie
MooniePie
Royal Sire (226)
[ Give / Take ]
18:14:44 Jan 25 2012
Read 5,572 times

No, you cannot turn of the honor system. The honor system is another form of rating. Instead of rating a profile, you are rating the person.

The honor system, at this time, does not take a toll on your status. So you can choose to participate with it or not. It is your choice.

•  REPLY  •

ScarlettDarkLady
ScarlettDarkLady
Illusionist (78)
[ Give / Take ]

18:23:39 Jan 25 2012
Read 5,568 times

well if mes can't turn it of, then i am participating whether mes likes it or not cuz peeps can still give mes honor. it isn't like rating da person cuz if u say or do 2 piss off certain peeps. they will come and distort that rate with an angry mob,lol mes been watching it happen. i thinks the honor system is the worse thingy ever and many peeps 2 shy 2 say so won't tell u that cuz they r afraid. so how can that be rating da peep?

•  REPLY  •

ScarlettDarkLady
ScarlettDarkLady
Illusionist (78)
[ Give / Take ]

18:36:38 Jan 25 2012
Read 5,557 times

o wow, see what happens when u disagree round here,rofl =)
negative honor,roflmfao how stupid, see point proven.

•  REPLY  •

Morrigon
Morrigon
High Sire (159)
[ Give / Take ]
18:41:53 Jan 25 2012
Read 5,553 times

For the most part, Honor is given or taken based on another person's perception of your conduct. Take some time to read through this thread and understand it, focusing especially on the posts by Cancer.
Just because you don't like someone's opinion of you doesn't mean it's stupid.

It's a feature that you don't have to acknowledge or use.

•  REPLY  •

ScarlettDarkLady
ScarlettDarkLady
Illusionist (78)
[ Give / Take ]

18:46:07 Jan 25 2012
Read 5,545 times

it is hard 2 ignore when some meanie leaves an ugly rude comment that they are giving -14 cuz i talk like jar jar,lol
so i disagree with ur entire statement. and many others agree. no wants 2 tell any upper cuz they will get nailed 2 da floor,lol it is clear that bashing is acceptible if it is by the uppers. i thought dis sit wuz better than that, o well, i guess they will give me negative honor 4 my grammar next,lol

•  REPLY  •

Morrigon
Morrigon
High Sire (159)
[ Give / Take ]
18:53:50 Jan 25 2012
Read 5,539 times

There's not much to disagree with when I say that everyone can take or leave honor as they see fit, for any reason they see fit, much like Rating. How they do it is up to them, and it is not abuse, and it is not exclusive to "uppers".
If you choose to not participate in giving or taking honor, then why would you even be stressed? If you don't want to use the feature, don't.

•  REPLY  •

ScarlettDarkLady
ScarlettDarkLady
Illusionist (78)
[ Give / Take ]

19:02:17 Jan 25 2012
Read 5,531 times

u shouldn't assume im stressed,lol i just like getting peeps 2 see other perspectives. i thinks it healthy 2 have other view points. it helps broaden urself. and what i wuz disagreeing with is dis statement,"Honor is given or taken based on another person's perception of your conduct." how can the -14 reflect my conduct when i don't even know anyone in the 140s level. they did it solely based on how i talk. that doesn't take into consideration my conduct at all. i wasn't being disrespectful 2 anyone, only trying make a valid point. and when i try and add 2 dis discussion i get judged by someone who doesn't know me. so if we go with ur line of thinking the talking likes jar jar is my conduct? i never thought i talked like him, but i think he is a fun character and a hero, so i take it as a compliment. then wouldn't positive honor be a more accurate reflection of my conduct?

•  REPLY  •

Morrigon
Morrigon
High Sire (159)
[ Give / Take ]
19:22:14 Jan 25 2012
Read 5,523 times

Conduct: The manner in which a person behaves, esp. on a particular occasion or in a particular context.

That's in context of what I am talking about. Someone doesn't have to personally know you to observe something in your conduct and judging by the reason left, it has nothing to do with your opinion, only your conduct.

I'm not going to go back and forth over definitions and why someone would leave or take honor because that is their own personal reason. You're allowed to have your own opinion but you're also going to have to deal with the fact that people will disagree and apparently think Jar Jar Binks is annoying.

If you're upset about the Honor feature because you don't get what you want based on the context of which you see things, then it's really just something you're going to have to work out on your own...

•  REPLY  •

ScarlettDarkLady
ScarlettDarkLady
Illusionist (78)
[ Give / Take ]

20:04:48 Jan 25 2012
Read 5,505 times

well then, not that i care, but don't u think a -14 is a little harsh for spelling? it is a little overkill,laughs. i mean wow, it took a lot of effort 2 express displeasure over something so trivial.

•  REPLY  •

moonkissed
moonkissed
Fire Thrower (87)
[ Give / Take ]

22:00:10 Jan 25 2012
Read 5,477 times

I think that butchery of the written word cannot have a harsh enough punishment and you are lucky after the activity on this thread that it is only -14.

•  REPLY  •

gravechild666
gravechild666
Sire (109)
[ Give / Take ]
22:59:01 Jan 25 2012
Read 5,463 times

I love the new idea ^_^ it's great

•  REPLY  •

FatalAttraction
FatalAttraction
Savage (61)
[ Give / Take ]
00:56:03 Jan 26 2012
Read 5,447 times

Alanna: Just because you don't like the honor system doesn't mean it's stupid. Calling it stupid is calling Cancer stupid. Just because someone has been here for 5 years doesn't mean they hold the top spot (but I think they do), it has nothing to do with seniority, it has to do with being well liked. imagesinwords and PandorasBx both have had honor taken from them and they've been here for a long time. Running your mouth is how you get dishonor. I've been on here for 5 years on my other profile and have less honor on it than I do on this one. If you don't like the honor system, ignore it. Quit worrying about it and checking it.

Oh. LEARN HOW TO TALK LIKE AN ADULT!!! My 7 year old soon to be step-daughter talks better than that.

•  REPLY  •

Deliciousness
Deliciousness

No Longer Registered
01:08:15 Jan 26 2012
Read 5,444 times

only thing dont like about the Honour system is that you can not honour friends family that live in the same household or can no longer honour friends family if you log in when at their place

•  REPLY  •

moonkissed
moonkissed
Fire Thrower (87)
[ Give / Take ]

01:14:15 Jan 26 2012
Read 5,440 times

I don't see a problem with that Risque. It keeps people from using household profile to falsely inflate the honor levels. Ya know just in case it could someday mean a boost in level.
I could for example honor myself(hehehehe)from my son's profile, my husbands profile, my lifetime profile and my other basic account. It isn't really honor so it means nothing at all but it would be fun for the people who rate themselves and create new referral accounts I suppose.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
01:22:04 Jan 26 2012
Read 5,433 times

Alanna, I gave you negative honor simply because you're negative. Nothing to do with your disagreement.

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by Cancer on Jan 28 2012  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 1.139 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X