chloesteele
chloesteele
Harasser (15)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 13 years.
08:17:38 Aug 10 2016
Read 1,959 times

I grew up Christian so theres that mindset that if you follow Jesus Christ you will go to heaven and you shouldn't fear death. but lately as each birthday goes by and I get older and more friends and family pass away I have started to fear death. how will I die? will it hurt? and most importantly where am I going when I die? I haven't been following my religion like I should and I really don't want to. I want to just be myself. but I think of dying and think where am I going? to hell to heaven? to a whole new dimension? or does it just end? no afterlife? ive never been so scared lol I like to believe when I die ill go to the most beautiful forest with superpowers and all the animals talk and I am a queen.

•  REPLY  •

11:25:05 Aug 10 2016
Read 1,956 times

I think this is...well...it's obviously natural to fear death. The fear of death, the uncertainty of what happens afterwards is, in my opinion, the cause of religion. I don't know, that's just what makes sense in my mind. I don't have any sources to back that up or anything. I feel like religion was created as a means through which to explain away such a large question mark. This is something that's on my mind a whole heck of a lot. I'm not sure what I think is going to happen after I pass on...but like you I was raised a Christian. Baptist to be exact...but really my family was just a regular working class family and my parents worked every day so we never went to church. Ever. Except for, well, when I was a kid I went to a church youth service on Wednesday nights just to have something to do. That being said, we never took church seriously, we were never devout Christians but being raised in this part of the world I have this mindset or this thought in the back of my mind of heaven and hell, and the prospect of ending up in either place. Even though I don't have any set religious beliefs, I'm not a Christian, I don't know, none of that stuff is a way of thinking that I personally subscribe too, and yet that thought is still there for me, the thought of hell. I guess because it's something so talked about in this part of the world, it was how I was raised, and the concept is so prevalent in pop culture. I wonder if...say in other cultures, like cultures that created "bogey men" to scare their children into being good, I wonder if those kids grew up understanding that those stories weren't real, and yet they always had the thought of that something ominous in the back of their mind because it's how they were raised.
I am not certain that posts with religious connotations will be allowed to remain open, but I'm not a dominar. :) I think it may have a chance if there is more of a discussion element here, like how religious beliefs, and the thought of the after life differ and I don't know, all that junk. I'm not great at creating discussions anymore.
Anyway, I have no clue what I believe will happen after death, I mean for myself like most everyone it's an enormous uncertainty, and it's something I worry about. I really do. But like you've mentioned, even though I do not identify as a Christian the thought of heaven, and more predominantly, hell still lingers in the back of my mind.

•  REPLY  •

23:58:00 Aug 10 2016
Read 1,945 times

not at all, actually looking forward to it

•  REPLY  •

Lore
Lore
Shaitan (64)
[ Give / Take ]
House Eternal is a member of an Alliance

Member of House Eternal
Vampire Rave member for 10 years.
22:26:53 Aug 11 2016
Read 1,936 times

Not scared to die. Sometimes I am a little afraid how I will die ( I hate pain). But as for Death I believe that's just the next big adventure

•  REPLY  •

chloesteele
chloesteele
Harasser (15)
[ Give / Take ]
07:35:56 Aug 12 2016
Read 1,926 times

hell definitely lurks on the back of mind. if I never heard there could be a hell I wouldn't be afraid of death. I was always suicidal and craved the end of this life but never did it because of the fearof hell. I envy those who aren't afraid of death. even when I follow my religion and its practices I still think what if I'm not good enough? I guess that's where faith comes in, faith in God and his "salvation" my best friend had a dream back when I was compromising my faith and doing things I know I shouldn't do . an angel was pointing at me telling her "repent before its too late, repent before its too late" I had a similar dream of an angel drowing me in a bathtub sayig "repent" and I kept seeing the flames of hell everytime I was dunked under the water. coincidence? I think not

•  REPLY  •

CryingMist
CryingMist
Royal Sire (212)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
08:14:03 Aug 12 2016
Read 1,923 times

I am not affraid to be dead. what I fear is HOW I will die, and also if I am "not really dead" and only sort of parylised (you now all those horror stories) and end up bury alive... This is what scares me the most

•  REPLY  •

18:03:56 Aug 12 2016
Read 1,915 times

I do not fear death, and really speaking, why should anything? why fear something that will sooner or later catch you? because until then it will always be nipping at your heels. You may as well look forward to it, eternal retirement from the boringness of your life.

•  REPLY  •

DauntlessDolly
DauntlessDolly
Specter (43)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
05:33:46 Aug 13 2016
Read 1,906 times

Fearing death is pointless. It's every living beings inevitable fate. No need to fear or overthink, enjoy now. You cannot live the rest of your days in fear, if you do your spirit dies, and then you're pretty much dead already. We live to die, and are slowly decaying. Don't fear, relish.

•  REPLY  •

DragonFang
DragonFang
Curmudgeon (11)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 7 years.
02:58:34 Aug 16 2016
Read 1,877 times

it's natural to fear death.
Well,for most.
If people didn't have this fear..
then many would just die without a care
in the world.
Like the fear of heights,or the fear to
drown in deep water.
It's natures way of saying..
'HEY! don't do this,you must live and learn and move on.'

some of us..
the 10% of us..Don't fear it.
not much at all because either we died before and
know this process..and become famillar with it,
or we have nothing to loose or hold onto.

•  REPLY  •

vX
vX
Termagant (58)
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
16:08:53 Aug 16 2016
Read 1,869 times

The final step of Earthly existence. No fear.

•  REPLY  •

Sorvena
Sorvena
Termagant (58)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 4 years.
14:11:42 Aug 18 2016
Read 1,841 times

Nothing is final.
Death is merely a transformation of energy.
Back to what you originally are.
Spirit. Energy.
Imagine yourself like a butterfly coming out of your human suit.
Death is a necessary chaos because the world isn't meant for overgrowth in population.

•  REPLY  •

jaggedxtears
jaggedxtears
Premiere Sire (129)
[ Give / Take ]
18:34:07 Aug 19 2016
Read 1,832 times

Scared either way...even if there is something afterward, I don't want to think of not being with my family every day...

•  REPLY  •

DarkoTheLite
DarkoTheLite
Hellion (73)
[ Give / Take ]
Immortal Blood (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Immortal Blood (Coven)
20:37:55 Aug 19 2016
Read 1,827 times

I was scared as a child because I thought I had God, Jesus,
Granpa, Dad, Brother all ahead of me!

Now with just 2 left God and I, I'm not afraid at all. Its
like being on a roller coaster and you see the others on the rungs above you. No it will be my turn for my stomach to
jump out as I go screaming through the change!

•  REPLY  •

QueenofHeaven
QueenofHeaven

No Longer Registered
16:10:06 Aug 20 2016
Read 1,819 times

Think about being reincarnated many lifetimes and just how many families you helped to create that are here today? You wouldn't be leaving any of your family behind....not at all.

•  REPLY  •

HeathenRunes
HeathenRunes
Termagant (58)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The Coven of Purgatory
02:23:56 Aug 23 2016
Read 1,800 times

I'm saved, I'm good :o)

•  REPLY  •

RomanDeath
RomanDeath
Viper (75)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Taboo (Coven)
08:04:08 Aug 23 2016
Read 1,793 times

I was very ill about seven years ago. Must sicker that I realized at the time. After four days in the hospital and the doctors still didn't know how to treat me. I had this waking dream, a vision. I was walking down this road. I had a choice, to continue down the road and die. Or to turn around and live. I was also shown this dark kingdom. I chose to turn around and live.

It wasn't two hours after that, the doctor came in and told me they identified that I had legionaires disease and gave me the proper antibiotics.

I do not fear death because of what I have been shown and as a vampire I know my soul is immortal and will live again. This life has not been easy being a dark soul. Yet I am in no hurry to leave it. I enjoy beating death, though it will win eventually.

•  REPLY  •

Khemett
Khemett
Vampling (25)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 9 years.
01:40:47 Aug 27 2016
Read 1,773 times

I fully embrace the idea of nonexistence. I've made my peace.

Philosophically, to me, it is the only "purity", if any, that exists.

If there's something else after "lights out", fuck it. If there isn't, fuck it.

Someday, all of this will be gone regardless. It has both been concluded in science and in the very large majority of the oldest spiritual paths multiple millennia old.

Maybe we're the two quintillionth Universe to exist in a chain of begin, exist, destroy, and repeat.

Maybe we're the first.

It's none of my business either way. I've seen enough of existence to understand how the fundamentals work, and personally I'm just not as impressed as most others seem to be.

•  REPLY  •

LilyRose
LilyRose

No Longer Registered
10:18:11 Aug 30 2016
Read 1,756 times

I accepted death along time ago. I know that I am not immortal and I will die. Death is a but a door way and we should not fear it. I also grew up in church and was told follow Jesus and you will go to heaven. Mess up and you go to hell if you die in your sins. However, I do not follow that way. My heritage covers Asatru and Celtic belief. Personally I believe that you need to live as honorably as possible and live life to the fullest. Fearing death is basically living in constant fear and that robs you of so much.Heaven, Valhalla, Elysium are all places of reward. We will see who is right in the end.

•  REPLY  •

AllHallowsEveNight
AllHallowsEveNight
Blood Drinker (68)
[ Give / Take ]
Mystic Falls Of Wisdom (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Mystic Falls Of Wisdom (Coven)
21:43:02 Sep 01 2016
Read 1,741 times

I used to fear Death when I was in the Church. Now I can go help at Church or not go. I sin but can sleep easy just
cause I want pleasure doesn't mean Ill fry for it!

Ive lost most of my family to death so Im not afraid!
I try to be nice to people I know or strangers. Sometimes
I try to encourage lustful, tattoo encouragement, rituals!
But all in fun!

•  REPLY  •

HellsBitch
HellsBitch

No Longer Registered
18:34:10 Sep 02 2016
Read 1,733 times

If anything, church always made me look forward to death. I still cannot wait.

•  REPLY  •

AshMoon
AshMoon
Vampling (25)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
19:02:04 Sep 02 2016
Read 1,729 times

I await death and when the day comes I will embrace him like an old friend. I fear nor death nor pain.

•  REPLY  •

LonelyDarkSoul
LonelyDarkSoul
Bloodsucker (50)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Dark Souls (Coven)
05:35:46 Sep 05 2016
Read 1,713 times

Death is my friend I fear not him

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 143
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
14:05:47 Sep 05 2016
Read 1,710 times

I am not. Death is part of you. There is no pain in death, only happiness.

•  REPLY  •

RaynesAsylum
RaynesAsylum
Great Sire (119)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 14 years.
23:17:54 Sep 05 2016
Read 1,705 times

I do not fear dying. The things I fear are leaving my kids without a mom and will they be ok after I am gone.

•  REPLY  •

WeareLegionWeareOne
WeareLegionWeareOne

No Longer Registered
03:28:41 Sep 07 2016
Read 1,699 times

Death is a longed for lover. She should not be feared but eagerly embraced. The end of the path is only the beginning of another. I have longed for her embrace for so long. My fear is living after all that I love are dead. That is a scary thought.

•  REPLY  •

Darkesthours
Darkesthours
Malignant Spirit (49)
[ Give / Take ]
Safe Haven (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Safe Haven (Coven)
23:43:43 Sep 08 2016
Read 1,682 times

I was but with 8 immediate family members
Deceased why should I be afraid!

In fact I doubt by the time I get cremated,
I could be the last living member!

My name went from 1 male in my dads
Generation no brothers
To Brother and I but he is gone
He is survived by one son and I have 2!
3 chances to extend to next generation!
Unless I have another child?

•  REPLY  •

AllHallowsEveNight
AllHallowsEveNight
Blood Drinker (68)
[ Give / Take ]
Mystic Falls Of Wisdom (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Mystic Falls Of Wisdom (Coven)
19:59:07 Sep 09 2016
Read 1,674 times

Death is just a part of life just as life is a part of death no fears! And maybe the insurance money will help my wife!

•  REPLY  •

SanguineRaine72
SanguineRaine72
Lusus Naturae (45)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 8 years.
20:55:11 Sep 09 2016
Read 1,671 times

I personally long for the relief it will bring.

•  REPLY  •

YogenSha
YogenSha
Scamp (26)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
06:38:56 Sep 13 2016
Read 1,653 times

In order to conquer my fear of death, I first had to get past my fears in life. I used the idea that fear is the main ingredient of documented propaganda and control techniques to motivate me. The powers that be use this emotion against us in droves to keep society in check and pivot your attention to advertising and material possession's we don't really need. When I accepted that, I was determined not to let it have the same power over me it once did.

Care a little less. Fearless, but not reckless is the key.

People don't give their individual ability to control their thoughts and emotions enough credit. I am sure that you love your family dearly, and if you believe everything works out in the end, it will. That simple.
Things are neither good or bad, it is our perception that makes it one or the other. Believe in death being good and the big sleep will be the least of your worries.

•  REPLY  •

Sugarbunni
Sugarbunni
Heretic (18)
[ Give / Take ]
08:37:06 Sep 13 2016
Read 1,649 times

I work in med field, ...dying is soo faceted.. people repent, mostly 80% of people find god or doogooders before they die,..its like...u had your whole life why up to the last minute? alot of people are afraid to die and that natural,..or dying alone, hospice u hold a lot of hands when someone passes mostly bittersweet, others its relief and long time coming all in all its a new journey this I am certain of and in the end all the pain goes away, ever have someone talk to you after their heart stopped? or a overwhelming strange feeling from nowhere that everything is alright? better yet.....have you been visited by a deceased after they have passed? a smell...a dream? a conscious sound?

•  REPLY  •

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Premiere Sire (126)
[ Give / Take ]
22:34:37 Sep 13 2016
Read 1,641 times

So many people say they don't fear death, but I wonder if that's just to keep up appearances? I mean, all us dark folk should not fear death. We should embrace it! Um. No. Many, many, many people fear death. As Nevermind stated early on, it's natural, and, most likely, one of the main reason for the development of religion. And, yes, Nevermind, there is research to back that up, but I have to leave in, like, 6 minutes, so I'm not looking it up right now. I took a Death, Dying, and Bereavement class last December is how I know about the research on it. Anyhow, it's natural to wonder what happens, and because we don't really know, that can lead to fear. So, really, in order to combat your feeling of fear, you'll have to either develop some sort of faith in a hereafter or make your peace with not having the answers. That's easier said than done.

I grew up in the Bible Belt, and I am all too familiar with the concepts of Heaven and Hell. In fact, I'm baptized. (I just love how some people think a dunk in a tub of water means you're "good.") I left my church when I was 11, though, because I just couldn't buy into the whole, 'Be good, go to Heaven; be bad, go to Hell' concept. Why can't I just be good for the sake of being good? Why do I need to be good just so I can go to Heaven? Of course, over the years, I have developed other reasons for not following organized religion, but that's what started it. Now, I'm not going to talk about religion, but this does lead to my next point, which is that I don't believe in Heaven or Hell, at least not in the Christian sense. What I do believe in is a little hard to explain. It's more that I know what I don't believe in than what I do believe in. I would feel like a fool to think I had all the answers. I don't. I don't know what happens next, if anything. And because of that, because I let go of my need to know, I don't fear death like I used to.

Now, having said that, I will say that I don't want to leave this earth. I love my daughter so much and the thought of leaving her breaks my heart. That's what I don't look forward to. But ... I just have to make the most of the time I have with her, I guess.

At any rate, for your own peace of mind, you should look into finding some kind of spirituality that feels right to you. Religion, spirituality, whatever, it's all personal. You just have to follow what works for you. And if believing in Heaven helps you sleep at night, then go for it. You can't go through life being afraid to die. You'll never really live if you do. :)

•  REPLY  •

Dakotah
Dakotah
Premiere Sire (120)
[ Give / Take ]
06:55:32 Sep 14 2016
Read 1,633 times

I tend to agree with Cinnamon in that many are trying to keep an appearance up of 'I am not afraid of anything; death I spit in your face' attitude. Fear of the unknown comes to mind here, we do not know when we will die, how we will die, what happens to us when we die. Recently a healthy friend of mine passed away in his sleep in his 40's. Went to bed and a blog clot hit his brain and died. That scares me. Know for my culture we believe death is a part of the circle of life that we journey on. I want to believe that and sometimes I do, again the unknown, I do not know for sure what happens to us. One time I was on a plane. It was my first time flying and I was sacred. As the plane lifted up I got in touch with just how powerless we are against death. I thought to myself well if the plane crashes now I am on it and there it not a thing I can do about it and chances real good I would die. I had this acceptance that washed over me and then I was able to enjoy the flight. I kind of look at death like that with life. I am powerless over death and I am not going to stop living because of it.

•  REPLY  •

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Premiere Sire (126)
[ Give / Take ]
17:03:10 Sep 14 2016
Read 1,624 times

You hit the nail on the head, Dakotah. It's when we give up control that we can finally accept death. That doesn't mean we embrace it or long for it. It just means that we've made our peace with it.

I also wanted to say (I was rushed for time yesterday), that I think we go(?) somewhere. I'm not sure go is the right term, but it's probably the easiest way for us to comprehend what happens. Anyhow, my logic is that we're energy and energy never goes away, it just transforms: "The law of conservation of energy is a law of science that states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, but only changed from one form into another or transferred from one object to another." - Your Dictionary So, when we die, we don't just ... go out, like a light. Something does happen to us. What happens? I'm not sure. I believe in ghosts, so I suppose we could become ghosts. Or we could be reborn, perhaps. Or maybe we exist on another plane, sort of like Heaven.

Now, as for the development of religion to explain the inexplicable, as well as to offer comfort to those who feared death, there is an article in the European Journal of Personality which states that the results from a study performed were "consistent with the oft-proposed notion that death-related anxiety motivates religious belief, which in turn serves to alleviate such anxiety." Furthermore, "non-believers who are more afraid of death become more open to or less sceptical of religious belief, and believers experience decreased death anxiety the more fervently they believe." -- taken from the article Fear of Death and Supernatural Beliefs: Developing a New Supernatural Belief Scale to Test the Relationship written by Jonathan Jong, Matthias Bluemke, and Jamin Halberstadt. Of course, death wasn't the only reason for the birth of religion, but I believe it was definitely a part of it.

Before I go, might I suggest another way to make peace with death? Live a good life. Do something worthy. Make a positive impact on the world, on someone. You don't have to win a Nobel Prize (but if you do--congrats), but do something. Love someone, nurture someone, mentor someone ... leave your mark. It will make you feel fulfilled, and may make it easier to say, "Okay. I did my part. I'm out! See ya!"

•  REPLY  •

17:08:03 Sep 14 2016
Read 1,623 times

I agree that there is indeed a lot of "folk" here claiming a fearlessness of death and I would wager some would piss themselves when death actually comes. That is human nature for you but it would be sensible to not fear it. It is good to have a survival instinct to keep you going but when it is completely inevitable with no escape, one should just accept it, unfortunately so few do.

Fearing the inevitable is completely useless, sure you can try and survive...if it is possible, but for those funny times where death is 100% certain, why bother crying about it? I don't see humanity crying because they can't stop the sun and the moon going down, death is just another thing that cannot be stopped, only delayed at best, so they may as well have some dignity when facing their doom.

The fear of death has been fuelled by history, when such fear had been a tool of religious fanatics for thousands of years..i.e "do as we say or you will burn in hell" and so on.

What I so find humorous is that if these priests believe so sincerely that they will be going to a "much more" better place, then why do they beg so cravenly before they die? So while I do find it strange that something "intelligent" would fear something so natural, it never fails to amuse.

•  REPLY  •

danzig1330
danzig1330
Fire Thrower (87)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 19 years.
00:25:29 Sep 15 2016
Read 1,617 times

I don't fear death but I'm certainly not looking forward to it either. I especially hope I make it to see my five kids grow old enough to get thru life with out needing me. As far as what comes after I don't figure any of us will know till the time comes.

•  REPLY  •

KieaCakes
KieaCakes
Phantasm (48)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
00:55:07 Sep 20 2016
Read 1,589 times

I don't fear death itself. Everything dies. Worrying about how it'll happen or the pain invovled is counter productive. A fear like that can cripple some people. My only fear concerning death is will I die alone? Not that I want people to be sad over me but is there anyone that truly would be? Would they forget about me within a month? What will my daughter remember most and will she think of me as a good mom or thank god the bitch is dead? Have I had any good effects on someone's life enough to the point where they'll always remember me fondly? Will I have anyone there to hold my hand and tell me they love me when I go? I have friends... or people that call themselves my friends anyway. The effort they put forth to see me or speak to me is laughable (read non existent). I try my best to be there for them but will they be there for me in the end? Most of me says no. And dying alone without someone to tell me everything is very frightening to me.
I don't think about it a lot. It comes and goes when family members pass. Getting older doesn't bother me. In my culture, getting older is something to look forward to. If you've lived a good life people come to you for advice and listen to stories of before they were born. Wrinkles and gray hair are badges of honor. Dying means you get to be reborn so you're never really dead. But who will miss you when you've moved to the next life? Who will be happy to follow and seek you out to keep the connection? I'm afraid of dying alone and living each new life the same way.

•  REPLY  •

SarahBieberBrownShort
SarahBieberBrownShort
Unregenerate (63)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
22:05:37 Sep 20 2016
Read 1,577 times

Not scared to die per se, I'd just rather go on my own terms at a time that I choose rather than be caught up in an accident or have an unexpected sudden death

•  REPLY  •

LuvlySwan86
LuvlySwan86
Changeling (71)
[ Give / Take ]
05:44:36 Sep 22 2016
Read 1,567 times

Not in the slightest.
I've dreamed of snippets of my past life, and honestly can't wait to get out of this one and on to the next.

•  REPLY  •

Atieno
Atieno
Incendiary (86)
Honor: 7
[ Give / Take ]
Poison (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Poison (Coven)
23:25:53 Sep 22 2016
Read 1,553 times

Reincarnation is just a word created for those that fear death, for the beauty of life is not how well you lived it but how bold you are in letting it go....i fear death now so on that day i'll welcome him like an old friend.

•  REPLY  •

16:48:46 Sep 24 2016
Read 1,539 times

i'am not scared to die because death is death.... you're shell is dying but your soul lives.

•  REPLY  •

Anaksha
Anaksha
Spellbinder (81)
[ Give / Take ]
22:20:47 Sep 24 2016
Read 1,535 times

I am terrified to die. Absolutely TERRIFIED.

•  REPLY  •

xSABLEx
xSABLEx
Ghoul (21)
[ Give / Take ]
01:27:49 Sep 28 2016
Read 1,515 times

Me being a witch I obviously believe in reincarnation. So either you pass away and go to the summer lands and choose to stay there or you choose to be reincarnated.

I'm not afraid to die because I know I'll be going to somewhere truly peaceful and beautiful or I might choose to come back, who knows.

It's nature to be afraid of the unknown.

•  REPLY  •

LuvlySwan86
LuvlySwan86
Changeling (71)
[ Give / Take ]
07:16:14 Sep 28 2016
Read 1,509 times

Nope. Not even a little. I've actually had dreams of my past life, and personally, I believe that I have more of them to live.
I'm actually curious as to what will be next.

•  REPLY  •

YogenSha
YogenSha
Scamp (26)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
11:23:35 Sep 28 2016
Read 1,504 times

Life is absurd.
So a box truck ran me off the highway today. I type therefore I survive.

Suffice it to say, when looking straight at concrete doing around 60mph after just getting hit by a truck that is a lot bigger, in the moment can't exactly be sure how it's going to play out.

I asked myself, "So this is it?"
But I also did not panic. I was able to soak up those whole 2 seconds of bullet time I was given and regain control of the vehicle before hitting the wall. I caught a few pieces of glass in the arm and probably have a concussion from the original impact, but I didn't freak out.

Meanwhile the larger truck that caused the impact, which the officers confirmed shouldn't even be trying to merge into the far left lane, was rolled off the opposite side of the highway about 2 tenths back. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess his initial reaction to the impact was more of the "OMG HOLY SHIT" variety and he cut the wheel as hard as possible in the opposite direction. Thankfully the officers told me he appeared to only have a broken arm and some glass cuts but should be ok.

So I share this experience here because I prior to this incident, I said: Fearless but not Reckless.

"We just had a near-life experience, fellas." - Tyler Durden

•  REPLY  •

GolemTheDarkestBeing
GolemTheDarkestBeing

No Longer Registered
19:41:40 Oct 05 2016
Read 1,459 times

I use fear death when I was young and I grew up Christian. I knew I wasn't perfect and feared the concept of hell. As I grew older I drew my own conclusion that God in the idea the mass perceives him cannot be real, at least to me. With that the fear of hell was erased but the disappointment of no heaven still lingers. I picture death as an eternal sleep with no dream. The best way to describe non existence. Although that idea is depressing, I can't manage to believe anything different even though I would want to. I'm afraid of the idea of immense pain on the way out of life, but if I were to die instantly and painlessly I wouldn't fear if I knew that was the case.

•  REPLY  •

Angelofdark
Angelofdark
Wraith (46)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
02:58:17 Oct 06 2016
Read 1,452 times

I'm never afraid to die.

•  REPLY  •

Sorvena
Sorvena
Termagant (58)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 4 years.
14:15:29 Oct 06 2016
Read 1,438 times

It's not about appearance at all esp if you have your own proof that reincarnation does indeed exist, which makes our ancient spiritual cultures correct sharing it as factual teachings. I don't believe anyone would go through great hard work building massive statues and multitudes of walled hieroglyphs just to F with everybody's heads. Not just Egyptian culture ofc, but even on a scientific level, energy leaves the body when you die (which wasn't long ago that issue was tossed out there as being seen and the weight factor changing), and right now, coming from a younger standpoint, sure you might be afraid but when you're an older generation and have been around a while, you come to accept that this is part of life, and so they embrace the reality of it. Some go very peacefully when it's time. The afterlife isn't so secret ya know.

•  REPLY  •

BillytheJust
BillytheJust
Venerable Sire (135)
[ Give / Take ]
02:44:42 Oct 11 2016
Read 1,416 times

"Dying is similar to a guy replacing his wallet with a new one.

Nothing sucks more."

~ billy

•  REPLY  •

kyriaragnar33
kyriaragnar33
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]
The Cry of the Banshee (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Cry of the Banshee (Coven)
10:19:45 Oct 11 2016
Read 1,405 times

i have never feared death but perhaps that has been my problem for far too long when that is all i have wished for is a means to a end in life and at last peace where i will be waiting perhaps some day though life will end

•  REPLY  •

MistressAngelique
MistressAngelique
Chimera (90)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
11:34:40 Oct 11 2016
Read 1,403 times

Interesting topic. Initially, the question was: who is scared to die?

I read through each response, and enjoyed them all. I mean this in a positive way:)

Now my thoughts. I have thought a lot of this topic in my life. My perceptions have changed based upon what was going on in my life at the time, and what I have learned. I believe this happens to us all. One person mentioned that when people are close to death, they "suddenly" find God, and "repent." If that gives them the peace they seek, then good for them. :)

I took several religion courses back in college, and loved it. Learning about the different religions does put a different perspective on my thoughts of God and the beyond. One question I have always had is, if there is one God, then why so many different religions?

Back in the days of old, the Catholic religion came into play as a means of gaining power over people. Now, I am not trying to offend anyone with my post - just stating what I learned. It makes sense to me, because how else would a mass of people be controlled? Nothing is more powerful than working on a person's mind.

Some are more susceptible than others. For example, if a person is told enough "you will go to hell if you are not good!" then he/she will believe that. I believe that is what prompts fear in dying within us.

Death and dying is a personal perception, and based upon our own beliefs and faiths. I have always wondered why people feel they have to go to church every week to be on "God's good side," when Jesus preached anywhere he was. It didn't matter to him, just as long as he spoke to others.

Churches were made as a means of bringing like-minded people together, so they can feel loved and wanted and needed. If that helps them, then that is wonderful. I have tried many times to go to church and learn, but decided I was better off on my own. That is my choice.

I have thought about reincarnation as others here have mentioned. I still have the belief that we are put on this earth to learn, and once we have learned what we set out to learn, we move on to a higher plane of existence. That is a nice thought, because it is so sad to think we are here one time, we live, we die. What is the purpose in that?

In closing, if we fear death then perhaps finding peace in a spiritual sense, factual sense, emotional sense, whatever works, will help us to accept the inevitable. :)

•  REPLY  •

YogenSha
YogenSha
Scamp (26)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
12:13:05 Oct 11 2016
Read 1,399 times

MistressAngelique, Nice Reply and I appreciate you reading all the responses in entire conversation.

"There is no god but God."- Lilith

•  REPLY  •

carden11
carden11
Scamp (26)
[ Give / Take ]
09:08:01 Oct 13 2016
Read 1,376 times

I envy those who ain't afraid to die, I do wanna die. I'm confused in who I'll spend my forever with

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven Of Malevolent Shadows is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven Of Malevolent Shadows
03:12:59 Feb 10 2017
Read 1,205 times

Most animals that are self aware and know of death would likely fear it, I don't fear dying as I lack anything to lose lol
But more than that I just don't think of death as a bad thing, it happens to all the living sooner or later, so why worry over things that cannot be controlled.

•  REPLY  •

StraightxEdge
StraightxEdge
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]
15:34:05 Feb 19 2017
Read 1,189 times

Fear of death. -chuckles- one of my biggest. But being who I am i dont believe that the world is gonna keep going. Maybe reincarnation with some of the dreams I had. I just don't want everything to go black ya know? I can't see how it just ends. No more family or loved ones. No more friends.

In these last 3 years I've had many of my friends die so I am well aware how easy it can be. Last month one of my good friends died from overdose. Slowly each and every day I was killing myself with my allergies and didn't even know it. Death scares me and I fear it for anyone I know because I don't want to see them go.

•  REPLY  •

15:56:23 Feb 19 2017
Read 1,183 times

Death is inevitable, even this world will die eventually. Life has a beginning and an end. Why fear it?

it sounds all like greed to me. Humans just want more and more, not satisfied with what they were given and if their current life was wasted, then that is on them, don't cry at the clouds I say because there is nothing up that is listening.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]

18:23:35 Feb 19 2017
Read 1,178 times

Fearing death might be odd but fearing the cause of death can be completely understandible since not all farewells is going to be quick and painless.

Fear as well comes from the unknown, death is certain but what comes after is unknowable.

•  REPLY  •

Terezi
Terezi
Sire (102)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Art (Coven)
14:39:53 Feb 20 2017
Read 1,166 times

im not entirely scared of death perhaps maybe just a little bit
but thats about it

•  REPLY  •

bloodredatrophy15
bloodredatrophy15
Changeling (71)
[ Give / Take ]
Enlightened Souls (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Enlightened Souls (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 12 years.
03:25:24 Feb 21 2017
Read 1,151 times

You shouldnt fear the inevitable. Everybody dies at one point or another. So why fear death?

•  REPLY  •

LazurusAQ
LazurusAQ
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
07:47:25 Feb 21 2017
Read 1,144 times

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."
-Elbert Hubbard

Shed all your fears. They do much more harm, and little to no good. Death is not special in this regard.

As others have mentioned, logistically speaking, there is no real reason to fear death as there is no way to know what really goes on, it is rare that one will know how and/or when. It makes little sense to fear something, simply because you don't know. No one lives to tell the tale.

I've read, seen, and heard accounts of people being "clinically" dead, brought back, and reporting dream like experiences. I'll chalk that up as a potential clue.

As far as I can tell, worst case scenario, big sleep and don't wake up. Since the waking up part, is the part that sucks now, I don't think that version is a 'lonely' as typically expected.

Best case scenario is that like a lucid dream, it's whatever you believe it is. You believe in heaven, get your halo fitted. Believe in hell, pack light. Want to explore the universe, go where no one has gone before. Hang out with your spouse forever, be half of a whole forever.
Reincarnation, I would imagine like the others, one would have to first believe in reincarnation to be eligible for the recycled soul draft lottery.

I like to think it's all pretty lucid and limitless over there when you're dead, same way it can be now while among the living. If I'm wrong, what do I care, dead anyway.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]

16:26:31 Feb 21 2017
Read 1,138 times

It is a pity those that have actual death experience, cannot recall what happened after the fact.

•  REPLY  •

Nashoba
Nashoba
Premiere Sire (129)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
02:45:22 Feb 22 2017
Read 1,129 times

i aint scared of death because i know it is coming someday and im gonna go one day so i dont worry about death.

•  REPLY  •

TheArtistRose
TheArtistRose
Venerable Sire (133)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Art (Coven)
02:53:10 Feb 22 2017
Read 1,124 times

I like how this poem puts it. I'm not afraid.

Death, be not proud
By John Donne
"Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;
For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow
Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,
Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee do go,
Rest of their bones, and soul's delivery.
Thou art slave to fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,
And poppy or charms can make us sleep as well
And better than thy stroke; why swell'st thou then?
One short sleep past, we wake eternally
And death shall be no more; Death, thou shalt die.
"

•  REPLY  •

ProjectAlice
ProjectAlice
Sire (100)
[ Give / Take ]

17:16:23 Feb 22 2017
Read 1,114 times

We all die a little everyday, so I am not afraid of dying.

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 143
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
18:14:13 Feb 22 2017
Read 1,111 times

...Just remember, Death is not the end, but the beginning of life. religion got nothing to do, with the after life. If, every religious person die today, The so called Hell, will be over populated. What is on your mind, Your Heart and Your soul, will define, the after life, that you will be rewarded.

•  REPLY  •

17:23:10 Feb 23 2017
Read 1,099 times

Hell must be overpopulated as well haha.
Yeah, you are basically dying as soon as you are born, your personal hourglass is turned over, and the clock is ticking down. It seems to be a human's nature to try to swim upstream and against the current but they only wear themselves out faster.

•  REPLY  •

LazurusAQ
LazurusAQ
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
15:41:50 Feb 24 2017
Read 1,080 times

Whatchu kno'bout dat 2pac back tho:

I mentioned here that people don't usually know when they are going to die. Now I remember, people who were close to the Notorious B.I.G. said that he knew he wasn't coming back from Cali prior to being shot and killed. He knew there was danger. Went anyway. His last album, entitled "Life After Death", was an instant classic, and both artists, are only 2 of many who prove that one's creative idea can live on, through the living.

•  REPLY  •

DiabolicalMe
DiabolicalMe
Bete Noire (44)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Guardians Of The Night (Coven)
21:07:30 Feb 24 2017
Read 1,075 times

Not at all as long as dying is not painful but I don't fear
death at all since, all Grand Parents, both Parents and Brother and sister gone. I'm 56 and the average age of
lives in my family is 51.75 when you kick the bucket.
I plan to say "Let us cross over the river and rest under the shade of the trees and strie the tent" then actually kick a bucket in the end if possible!

I want my funeral song to be "Strutter" by Kiss (a song about a hooker" to be played just to create a smile on survivors face!

•  REPLY  •

decondemon
decondemon
Revenant (41)
Honor: 60
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
09:11:41 Feb 26 2017
Read 1,058 times

the fear of death is usually just a fear of the unknown you are going into. the sense of uncertainty you are beholden to as you stand on the threshold of the void, looking into the other side. to be stripped bare and placed before the creator is equally intimidating a thought. i dont personally fear death, but the experience in which i will encounter it i suppose might frighten me

•  REPLY  •

Li
Li
Chimera (90)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
21:00:46 Mar 02 2017
Read 1,027 times

Many here are saying that one should not fear death because it is inevitable. Just because something is inevitable, doesn't mean it shouldn't be feared. In fact, one could argue that the inevitability of death is a huge factor in why people fear it. There is no escaping death. There is no getting out of leaving loved ones. There is no getting around the pain of dying. Yes, you might get lucky and pass away in your sleep, but that's rare. Chances are, we are all going to experience a painful and possibly traumatic death.

Yeah, the inevitability of death is quite terrifying.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]

19:16:03 Mar 03 2017
Read 1,018 times

There is no point worrying over things you cannot control. It is a waste of time and energy. I can understand such fear but its pointless outside of an actual life and death situation.

•  REPLY  •

DiabolicalMe
DiabolicalMe
Bete Noire (44)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Guardians Of The Night (Coven)
22:16:44 Mar 03 2017
Read 1,013 times

Well the older I get 56 now the more I just don't care anymore! My whole family is already gone so be it!

•  REPLY  •

MsSanguinarius
MsSanguinarius
Superior Sire (147)
Honor: 288
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Lunazure is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Lunazure
Vampire Rave member for 19 years.
05:45:12 Mar 04 2017
Read 1,007 times

Not afraid to die because I believe it's possible the afterlife will be quite amazing :)

•  REPLY  •

Lav
Lav
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
17:30:33 Mar 07 2017
Read 976 times

I honestly thought I'd already be dead by now. So it's this life thing that I just can't seem to get my head around.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]

20:50:00 Mar 07 2017
Read 973 times

Be happy you are not, most take life for granted and waste so much time worrying that they don't get to enjoy it.

•  REPLY  •

DarkestTemptation
DarkestTemptation
Daemon (95)
[ Give / Take ]
Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
18:05:58 Mar 08 2017
Read 962 times

I do not fear death or dying at all. I am ready an embrace it for its apart of life.

•  REPLY  •

StraightxEdge
StraightxEdge
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]
13:41:45 Mar 09 2017
Read 951 times

Call me pathetic but I am afraid. Its just I don't want it to end. I may bitch in my journals but I do love my life. I dont want that to go away. Knowing my luck I would die with unfinished business and get stuck on this realm. I've been having alot of dreams of my death and that always worries me.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]

14:38:58 Mar 09 2017
Read 948 times

Then instead of worrying I would suggesting living life to the fullest, within reason of course. Stress itself can affect your health, it impairs memory, weakens the immune system and some say premature age you.

•  REPLY  •

LazurusAQ
LazurusAQ
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
06:05:40 Mar 10 2017
Read 935 times

For what it's worth, I had a very vivid reoccurring death dream prior to ever lucid dreaming, a very vivid and specific dying dream after having lucid dreamed, and a whole series of detailed after life experiences while deep in lucid exploration.

And I'm still here.

As long as you wake up, you're good.

Every day is a gift.

•  REPLY  •

LaSoeurDesAnges
LaSoeurDesAnges
Daemon (95)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
16:50:50 Mar 11 2017
Read 916 times

I tend to be afraid of it. but i know once im dead i dont care.

•  REPLY  •

Zodd
Zodd

No Longer Registered
21:03:22 Mar 13 2017
Read 900 times

I've gotten used to the fact that one day I will die. After all death comes in my job description as a possibility.

•  REPLY  •

BlackenedEssence
BlackenedEssence
Great Sire (118)
[ Give / Take ]

21:56:04 Mar 14 2017
Read 886 times

I have accepted fate.....there is no point of worrying about it

•  REPLY  •

Umyalanaraku
Umyalanaraku
Evil Spirit (60)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
23:12:34 Mar 14 2017
Read 882 times

I think it makes no sense to be scared of death, you can't stop it. It's going to happen one way or another, so why spend your whole life fearing the inevitable. Why pass up living your life because you fear something you have no control over? Seems rather ridiculous to me.

•  REPLY  •

BlackenedEssence
BlackenedEssence
Great Sire (118)
[ Give / Take ]

07:27:54 Mar 15 2017
Read 875 times

There is no point to fear an outcome that can't be changed

•  REPLY  •

Lav
Lav
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
02:15:54 Mar 17 2017
Read 856 times

Death specifically, no.

What happens to the people around me when I'm no longer there to look out for them...well, that's a little bit jarring. I think I'm honestly more concerned with whether the payouts will cover my debt load so no one else has to pay for me to drop dead. Not that I'll really be concerned with all that after I'm dead, but I mean...presently, the real question isn't whether I'm afraid of death as much as the question is "am I prepared for it".

•  REPLY  •

SinisterJoker
SinisterJoker
Dastard (23)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
17:12:03 Mar 18 2017
Read 838 times

not at all to be honest

•  REPLY  •

Toxicbite29
Toxicbite29
Savage (61)
[ Give / Take ]
The Celtic Order of the Wolf (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Celtic Order of the Wolf (Coven)
05:43:46 Mar 21 2017
Read 819 times

I am not afraid if dying, I am sure scared about how it will happen. Death is a new beginning and it starts with in another stage of our life.

•  REPLY  •

Amalga9
Amalga9
Exasperater (20)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
03:36:33 Apr 15 2017
Read 768 times

Death has never bothered me. Even as a child, I had no fear of it. People in my life would die and I would not care. I thought those around me crying over the dead were horribly selfish people who only thought about how the loss of their "loved ones" would affect their lives.

When I was about 1 or 2 my father died. At his grave I noticed everyone was crying. My first thought was that if they are crying and I am not that they will think there is something wrong with me or that I do not understand what has happened so I made myself cry so as to be left alone.

Through the years my apathy and fascination with death has increased. Through my studies of death and the afterlife I have only found reassurances that I should continue as I always have in regards to death.

I have found that when I explain that science tells us that nothing ceases to exist but merely changes form that this usually brings no comfort to the individual who fears death. Then I realized that it is not death that actually frightens people but the loss of self/identity. It is a fear of uncontrollable change upon the self that keeps people afraid of death and afraid of evolution.

For those who need comfort or reassurance of self after death, know that there are numerous documentations out there of near death experiences and EVP that have continuously given consistent data on the afterlife experience. Based on this documentations one can be confident that the self will remain intact and that even if you are required to have a "hell" experience that in the end after your "soul" has learned its lesson that you will eventually reach a place you can be happy in. Pain and Hell have a purpose to serve but they are not forever. Be assured your "self" is safe and will continue. Death is merely a transition from one form of existence to another.

•  REPLY  •

NocturnalPulse
NocturnalPulse
Shade (32)
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs
Vampire Rave member for 6 years.
17:33:11 Jul 25 2017
Read 698 times

i'm not afraid to die, as John Lennon said: "I'm not afraid of dying. I'm prepared for death because I don't believe in it. I think it's just getting out of one car and getting into another"

•  REPLY  •

NocturnalPulse
NocturnalPulse
Shade (32)
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs
Vampire Rave member for 6 years.
17:34:20 Jul 25 2017
Read 697 times

humans fear to the process of dying, to don't know exactly what will happens, and what wait in the other side

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by Vampirewitch39 on Feb 06 2019  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.8354 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X