VR
Electrokinesis and Practical Magnetism
General Discussion
•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

11:56:26 Dec 01 2016
Read 594 times

Whilst posting in another thread, I was reminded of an old interest I had in electrokinesis i.e the ability to generate, manipulate and control electricity, preferably with combat and defensive applications.

The living body generates electricity naturally and even has a magnetic field. There have been plenty of times where static shock has occurred between two or more individuals as well cases of extreme magnetism.

Electric eels are a good case of weaponized electricity. Their stacked electroplaques allow them to discharge over 800 volts.

One man was reportedly able to absorb a lethal amount of electricity without being harmed whatsoever, however, I rarely trust such reports.

What are your thoughts on this? do you believe it possible and if so, what would be needed for the bio-electric field to be harnessed effectively as a weapon of defence mechanism?

•  REPLY  •

Soulshroude
Soulshroude

No Longer Registered
12:48:44 Dec 01 2016
Read 589 times

The human body along with all living organisms NEED electricity in order to stay alive. We have neurotransmitters that enable us to function normally.

IF the human body could harness the power of magnetism through an electrostatic field or charge than I don't see why science couldn't perfect this "kinesis".

You brought up the electric eel as an example, technically the eel can in general range, in strength summon up to a few hundred millivolts. However, currents of one ampere at 600 to 1000 volts are generated.

I urge this audience to research Luigi Galvini and Allesandro Volta. 18th Century scientists who made a connection with frogs and other animals that were important in the development of the sciences of physics and physiology.

Further, if mankind can harness the power of electrokinesis... there may be a point to what Tesla was on about during his experiments, as well.

But, how does one practice to harness this type of phenomenon?

•  REPLY  •

13:06:08 Dec 01 2016
Read 587 times

Well if one understands how the eels voluntarily discharge electricity, perhaps scientists could replicate it in humans. The eel isn't the only electrical animal of course but its one of obvious.

As for magnetic ability, going by the basics of attract and repel, pull and push, such an ability would be highly useful if it could be generated up to eleven so to speak as if anyone has metal on them, which enemy soldiers would likely have, then one push and goodbye, or one can pull them onto a mine.

Unlike other typical fantasy abilities like telekinesis, Electrokinesis and practical Magnetism has the potential to be real because its foundations already exist within the bio-electrical field.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven Of Malevolent Shadows is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven Of Malevolent Shadows
Vampire Rave member for 13 years.
03:07:51 Feb 10 2017
Read 518 times

This guy has twice "demonstrated" the ability to safely conduct "electricity" throughout his body.

As with most cases, the reliability of such demonstration is highly suspect. It doesn't help that he is connecting two wires thus the electricity if any is simply passing through him. Using one wire would likely have a different result...of course that is assuming electricity is being used at all.

Then there is this video

Who suspects Mohan to be a fraud.

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 143
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
11:30:54 Feb 10 2017
Read 514 times

Electricity, that is a cup of tea that I will not drink. The body produce electricity to keep the arrhythmia of the heart working, any outside electricity will produce Atrial fibrillation, and death will be probably imminent. I don't believe, that 240 volts can be absorbed by any human without burning his internal body parts. As that video, i don't believe, what other post on You tube. My Humble opinion.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]

17:28:01 Feb 10 2017
Read 510 times

Yep, I call fraud as well and the last video I posted which doesn't seem to show up, well none of them have, was from someone called Electroboom who apparently has a habit of getting electrocuted and he basically called out the two videos of Mohan as being staged.

I do think that out of all the abilities people have displayed in sci-fi and fantasy, that manipulation of electricity and magnetism would be the most probable if its not impossible, as there is already something to work, people have managed to electrocute others through static shocks as well as become highly magnetic. Just needs to take that to the next step.

•  REPLY  •

00:44:25 Feb 18 2017
Read 481 times

Not much has been said about magnetism which I think would be a highly useful thing to master, especially if one learns to repel metal.
The army would likely kill to have soldiers with that skill, a soldier that can repel and push back bullets and anything metal would be an asset, though taken into account force and speed, redirection would be practical and the skill would need to be passive and always have to be "on" since no one can react fast enough against a bullet.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]

18:10:52 Feb 21 2017
Read 471 times

It is shame there are so many frauds, I don't buy the usual cult excuse that "we can do this and that" but not allowed to show you, but you would think the offer of millions of dollars would tempt someone to demonstrate something unusual.

There was one man called James Hydrick, who appeared on tv and was asked to prove he had Psychokinesis after he claimed he could do it, he seemingly demonstrated it by turning the pages of a book but not when there was polystyrene on it. Obviously he was a fraud and later he was convicted on child molester charges, his trick was actually him using his breath and draft caused by hand movements.

The challenge I was talking about was the One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge, which has now been taken down.
Such a lack of proven abilties is quite disappointing but a lot of those abilities required way too much breaking of natural laws. Psychokinesis is an unlikely if not impossible ability. Electricity and magnetism is at least got some ground.

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by Vampirewitch39 on May 28 2018  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.1183 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X