StraightxEdge
Wyvern (85)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The Coven of Purgatory
Vampire Rave member for 13 years.
15:21:06 Feb 19 2017
Read 1,363 times

Have you ever dreamwalked? I can't be the only one whom has. Where you go to some far away place and either walk with a far away friend or someone you love but can't see. Do you believe it's possible to do?

I personally do. I've walked green hills with a loved one while they have been locked away. Or gone to a special place to both of us and held a full conversation then wrote them asking if they remember with amazement when they tell specific details from said dreamwalk that no one could know.

Just curious as to what others opinions are on the matter.

•  REPLY  •

15:50:11 Feb 19 2017
Read 1,357 times

It sounds similar to astral projection but you are navigating the dream world instead of the actual world. AP is supposedly an out of body experience.

I can't really say I have since I have no loved ones, but I have dreamed of interacting with my droogs out there, and discussing our plans but likely its all in my head rather than a cross dream communication.

•  REPLY  •

StraightxEdge
StraightxEdge
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]
16:13:49 Feb 19 2017
Read 1,352 times

Mort you have a good opinion about AP and maybe just maybe you're right. Maybe we are leaving our bodies and going to a dream world where a whole other existence is. Maybe we walk in the shadows of death while we are dreaming. . . . since our heart is so slow ya know. Hmm... pondering pondering.

•  REPLY  •

16:42:02 Feb 19 2017
Read 1,350 times

No I mean AP is travelling "this" world as an astral form, though perhaps one can travel into the dream world but I don't see how since the dream world is in your head, you would not need to leave your body.

Although there is the astral plane.

•  REPLY  •

StraightxEdge
StraightxEdge
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]
16:46:58 Feb 19 2017
Read 1,348 times

I know AP is in this world. But what if it intertwines with the dream world as well is what I mean?

•  REPLY  •

16:48:42 Feb 19 2017
Read 1,346 times

Hence why I said astral plane, which is a different yet similar plane to earth, I guess dreams could connect to it.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven Of Malevolent Shadows is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven Of Malevolent Shadows
18:19:36 Feb 19 2017
Read 1,341 times

That sounds like the typical psychic stuff that is in those cheap books on energy and chakras.

Dreaming can seem very real, and it is easy to think you might be visiting other worlds and seing friends.

•  REPLY  •

Terezi
Terezi
Sire (102)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Art (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 7 years.
14:36:39 Feb 20 2017
Read 1,330 times

Dreamwalking is actually a scary thought because you can do unpredictable thing's such as sleep walking to different areas

•  REPLY  •

LazurusAQ
LazurusAQ
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
06:56:12 Feb 21 2017
Read 1,312 times

I can't say that I remember ever doing any sleep walking myself, though I have witnessed it.

If by 'dreamwalk' you are referring to having a shared dream with another person, where they remember dreaming of the same walk that you did, then yes, this can and does happen.

I've shared dreams with different people since about 2007 or 2008.

There was walking on city streets, in venues, on beaches, and once on an alien planet with 3 moons and tall red blades of grass. The silky feeling grass was part of a hive mind, it would open paths for you, guiding you. Kind of like avatar in the sense that the plant life was clearly connected in a conscious telepathic feeling way (Tappin' into those Cameron project ideas before they hit the big screen again).

I also briefly mentioned the importance of practicing astral projection techniques with regard to a shared dream experience in my last post in this thread:

Dreams.

If I am reading the op correctly, the experience would speak to the point that astral projection is not a requirement for a shared dream. Yet it certainly helps, a lot.

•  REPLY  •

StraightxEdge
StraightxEdge
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]
08:59:16 Feb 21 2017
Read 1,308 times

That is exactly what I am talking about. A shared dream.

•  REPLY  •

LazurusAQ
LazurusAQ
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
09:32:54 Feb 21 2017
Read 1,305 times

If you did it by accident, I would imagine you can achieve the same thing with mutual practice. That's how I got there, lots and lots of practice. Here are the main keys to consistent success.

1- Dream Recall (Practicing remembering, dream journal, active communication with partner etc.)

2- Awareness (recognizing you are in a dream while still dreaming)

3- Sleep Cycling (Sleeping for 4-6 hours, then waking up for 5-45 mins then going right back to sleep so the fun can begin)

4- Astral Projection (Deep meditation techniques and visualizing your dream body exit your physical body)

5- Dream Extension (learning techniques to extend the dream and help prevent it from collapsing or waking up.

6- Avoiding being woken up abruptly. (No alarm clocks, or phones, or loud noises. Just waking up when you feel like it and taking time to reflect on your journey)

7- Belief.

If your partner already confirmed sharing the experience, and you are both willing to practice your ability to lucid dream together while applying those techniques, you should be able to duplicate your success and be able to get a bit creative with it. I'd suggest not too creative though. I find when I start showing off, and flexing LD imagination it is often difficult for a partner to remember those specific tricks or special effects, once they are awake and describe things as they saw them.

•  REPLY  •

StraightxEdge
StraightxEdge
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]
09:53:36 Feb 21 2017
Read 1,303 times

This the thing. Its not happening between me and my partner. It's happening between me and my ex. One that the relationship ended swiftly and harshly. He is the one initializing the dream walk as well. I can tell by how subtle he comes into them. Wether it be a quick reveal or a full blown conversation. The last one was a little to real for me. I was walking with my husband and there was my ex. Hubby said it was OK to go talk to him so we began talking. He kept hanging his head down and one thing I said stuck out the most. "How can I look into those pretty eyes of yours if you keep looking at the ground". That was when he looked at me this specific way he used to always tried to kiss me and my husband fucken LOST it. So I handed my wedding ring over and said I messed everything up. Went searching frantically with my ex mother in law for my husband but was awoken by my alarm. I was crying when I awoke.

I doubt it was a preminition it was to real. I could feel his touch. It was him trying to tell me he got my letter I believe. Letting me know he understood but wished it were different. Me and my ex are a touchy subject. I don't show emotion very often but with him its uncontrollable.

Wow I sound pathetic.

•  REPLY  •

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Premiere Sire (126)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
16:09:40 Feb 21 2017
Read 1,299 times

It sounds as if you have some unresolved issues regarding your ex. I really feel like you need to address these so that you can have peace of mind and move forward in your life, and your new relationship. Been there, done that.

As for the dreams, if you study up on lucid dreaming and learn how to control your dreams a bit better, you might have some luck in tapping out when things gets emotional. If you don't want to dream about (or with) your ex, you can auto-eject from the dream once you realize what's happening. If you really want to, you can sever that connection.

Of course, you'll have to want that. So, I would work on resolving those issues. Once you make your peace with saying goodbye to the ex, it will be much easier to put an end to the tumultuous dreams you're having.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]

16:16:34 Feb 21 2017
Read 1,297 times

Being woken abrubtly is what allows you to remember a dream more better, so its best to actually have an alarm clock on. Dream time is different to real time so its doesn't matter how long you sleep so long as you have entered the necessary stage to beging dreaming.

It is really shared dreams though? People can dream about the same things if they both had the same experience, but those dreams are not exactly the same and there is cross communication.

•  REPLY  •

StraightxEdge
StraightxEdge
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]
16:42:06 Feb 21 2017
Read 1,295 times

We've never been through this experience and I had told no one but his mom reiterrated what he had told her and it was the same. Dreamwalking is possible if you're able to spot it, is what I am getting at. Just curious as to how many other people have done so.

I may have some unresolved issues with my ex. But those issues are being resolved even as I type this.

That was getting off subject.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]

16:49:50 Feb 21 2017
Read 1,293 times

I meant experience as a blanket term, I mean that if people done, seen or heared the same things, watched the same movies and tv shows, they both may have similar dreams about it. I do understand what you mean by dream walking and sharing dreams, but I am simply offering a possible explanation that is more likely as these dreams could just be a really, really strange coincidence.

Rule of sherlock is a good thing to use when encountering the strange, attempt to find all possible logical explanations first and whatever is left, must be the answer. It is no good to go straight for unlikely.

•  REPLY  •

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Premiere Sire (126)
[ Give / Take ]
17:33:24 Feb 21 2017
Read 1,289 times

I believe you mean Occam's Razor.

Abruptly waking up does not lend to dream recall. It's easier to recall dreams if you're not thrust into the waking world. The minute you come fully awake and thoughts about the upcoming day start forming, you're more likely to lose your grip on your dreams. One of the most common tips for dream recall is to allow yourself a period of twilight upon waking, a time to just lie there and think about what you dreamed.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]

17:49:17 Feb 21 2017
Read 1,285 times

From Wikipedia. Don't like to use these as sources for obvious reasons but here:

"Dreams mainly occur in the rapid-eye movement (REM) stage of sleep—when brain activity is high and resembles that of being awake. REM sleep is revealed by continuous movements of the eyes during sleep. At times, dreams may occur during other stages of sleep. However, these dreams tend to be much less vivid or memorable.

The length of a dream can vary; they may last for a few seconds, or approximately 20–30 minutes. People are more likely to remember the dream if they are awakened during the REM phase. The average person has three to five dreams per night, and some may have up to seven; however, most dreams are immediately or quickly forgotten.Dreams tend to last longer as the night progresses. During a full eight-hour night sleep, most dreams occur in the typical two hours of REM."

And

"Rapid eye movement sleep (REM) has since its discovery been closely associated with dreaming. Waking up sleepers during a REM phase is a common experimental method for obtaining dream reports; 80% of neurotypical people can give some kind of dream report under these circumstances. Sleepers awakened from REM tend to give longer more narrative descriptions of the dreams they were experiencing, and to estimate the duration of their dreams as longer"

https://psychcentral.com/lib/stages-of-sleep/

So to reword what I said, in order to have a better memory of your dream, you must wake up (natural or forced) during the REM stage but because the stages repeat, REM isn't always the last stage of sleep, people can repeat the ealier ones so waking up natural is not always a guarantee of remembering but neither is using an alarm clock.

•  REPLY  •

LazurusAQ
LazurusAQ
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
07:08:00 Feb 23 2017
Read 1,268 times

There are no guarantees indeed.

Now I am going to guess, that when the subject was woken up, there was someone there to ask said subject: "Do you remember your dream?"
Usually this does not happen in your bed, in your house.

And while that is all great and accurate information about the stages of sleep, I was speaking specifically to optimum LUCID dreaming conditions. More specifically, optimum conditions for remembering a shared dream. A Lucid Dream is still a dream, but a dream by itself is not necessarily lucid.
The URL article made no reference to Lucid dreaming.

However the following book:

Does.

And they make reference to the previous point that I made in regards to sleep cycling and avoiding premature wake ups when coming out of the 2nd or greater numbered sleep sessions. Now you might want to use an alarm clock in the first round of sleep, to be woken up after those first 4-6 hours, after you've gotten that deep REM rotation out of the way. But when you go back to sleep after that, you want to wake up naturally and reflect, or replay the dream in your mind before doing anything else, and then write it down and/or share it.

The main reason why you do not want to wake up to an alarm clock, phone, or some random noise, especially if you are new to Lucid, is because it has a great potential to interrupt your dream. You went through all the trouble of doing the research, mastering awareness techniques, only to be woken up as soon as you become aware that you are dreaming? That's no fun, in fact, it is pretty frustrating. I would not recommend that someone new to LD, be woken up by anything external if possible once they dive back in. It is possible to wake up, and continue where you left off in a dream, but that doesn't always happen, especially when it is still a new concept that you are trying master. When you get the deep sleep out of the way first by cycling, you can much more easily and quickly become aware that you are dreaming when you go back to sleep. Sleep cycling simply yielded the best results from personal experience, especially with respect to trying to dream with another person.

The book came out in 2013, I probably didn't read it until 2015. Meanwhile, I was deep into LD exploration about 5 years before the book was even published. At that time, I think we only found one online "official" lucid dreaming 'guide'. Pretty much anything we found in online research at that time was worded specifically for deep meditation or astral projection techniques. I only read the book upon discovery years later to see if they had found anything I had missed, which was a very very short list. It was a rather validating read personally, and in my experience, if you aim to share dreams, you better get your LD game up first and foremost.

In my first confirmed shared dream, the dream I had was actually a replaying of a memory. And while I woke up, only with a dream of something that had happened in my past, my dream partner had a dream from another room in that same house. A house that she had never been to or seen, with residents she'd never heard of or met. And while she did not interact with any of the people who lived there, she perfectly described very specific and detailed items (one of which was very unique as it was a gift that I had purchased) that she saw in her dream, the same night I 'coincidentally' had a dream of this memory in another room of the house, which allowed me to confirm she had seen what she saw.

Going into the LD exploration initially, she had more lucid experience than I did, so once we confirmed it as possible it became easier and easier to accomplish. And fast forward several months into this WILD shared LD journey and we share a dream on an alien planet that I mentioned before.

As I mentioned before, belief is one of the critical elements. So if you are skeptical, and don't think it will ever work, I doubt it will work for you. On the flip side, when I mentioned some of the more visually challenging (Superman/neo style flight, free-base teleporting, super speed etc) and physics manipulating tricks being difficult for some to recall, my best guess is this is related to the same issue of belief. Especially in a dream, the mind makes things what they are, so if there is a physics red flag, and your partner doesn't believe it to be possible, they don't see it. Perhaps they don't process it, or perhaps they simply don't remember it. But I stand by my experience and advise that anyone who does try this to "keep it simple". I've come to let go of this idea of rules within the dreamscape or on the astral plane, and this belief allows me to build, do, and see an awful lot.

So no, the dreams are not always exactly the same. And sometimes they are, and sometimes you can only remember pieces while they remember pieces. And I imagine there are some folks, like the authors of the book, who got way better at it than I have.

I've come to understand that not everyone lucid dreams, and beyond that, some people have medical or mental conditions or situations that prevent a lucid or shared dream from being an option.

However, if you can lucid dream or want to try, I do highly recommend the book.

•  REPLY  •

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Premiere Sire (126)
[ Give / Take ]
17:02:57 Feb 23 2017
Read 1,259 times

OP, I'm sorry if you feel that discussing unresolved issues with your ex was off-topic. I don't agree. You brought up that the dreams involved your ex and you seemed rather upset by them. I merely suggested dealing with issues outside of "dreamwalking" might give you some peace of mind, which, in turn, could give you more control over your dreams.

I was in a relationship with someone for a bit, someone I loved a great deal. After we broke up, there was a lot of on again, off again action that hindered any type of closure I could have had. I would go for months without hearing from him, then one night dream about him, and the next day receive a text from him or a phone call. Now, I never discussed these dreams with him, and I don't feel like they were shared dreams, per se, but I did (and do) feel like there was some sort of connection there that caused the dreams. Perhaps I was picking up on his thoughts, or he was picking up on mine. I think that people can be connected in that way. Like, maybe he was sending out these telepathic signals, a desire to talk to me, that I was picking up on subconsciously as I slept and was more open to such a phenomenon. While I say it could have been the other way around and he was contacting me because I was dreaming about him, thinking about him, I truly feel I was picking up on what he was sending out because the dreams would come without any sort of provocation. I would have totally forgotten him, then BAM, there he was, in living color, in my dreams.

Anyhow, it doesn't matter in the end why this happened, it just matters that it did, so therefore I can relate to what you're experiencing. This is why I suggested working on the issues outside of the dreamscape. This is still an ongoing process for me. I'm still ignoring communication from him. The dreams have ceased, more or less. What dreams I do have now, I can handle much better than I could in the past. I'm not as disturbed by them. I don't feel as raw or anxious upon waking up. I feel that finding peace, or closure, in my waking life has made whatever my subconscious may create much easier to deal with. Or if it's not my subconscious and it's an actual shared dream, having made my peace with the death of that relationship makes it much easier for me to say, "I'm not playing this game anymore. Toodles!" Then I can sever that connection, either by manipulating the dream into something more enjoyable or waking up altogether.

Regardless of whether or not it's just a regular ol' dream or a shared dream, or dreamwalking, as you call it, you're the one who has the power, if you choose to exercise it. You can continue to engage your ex in these dreams or you can say, "Toodles." It's your call. And this goes for any sort of dreaming. I'm not just talking about dreaming about exes. Dream control is totally possible. As Laz stated, it might not be possible for everyone and it's definitely not easy for everyone, but it is possible for some, especially those who believe and who are willing to put in the work. It seems like you believe and that you're willing to put in the work, so dream control for you is a very real thing. Good luck with it!

As for your original post and the questions it posed, yes, I believe in shared dreams, and yes, I have experienced them.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]

00:40:30 Feb 24 2017
Read 1,249 times

The URL was only about sleep stages and REM, but from what I know of lucid dreaming is that you are aware that you are dreaming and that you are able to exert control over your actions, as well as clarity over the situation. Still, even lucid dreams might be forgotten just as easily as normal dreams.

People forget their dreams because they are not stored being "recorded" as for process for creating new memories is not used during sleep, hence why you can only remember the dream when being woken during the dream. People will on average experience more than one dream a night.

•  REPLY  •

LazurusAQ
LazurusAQ
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
15:52:34 Feb 24 2017
Read 1,236 times

Yes, I am aware that people have dreams and do not remember them. I am aware that most times these dreams are forgotten.

I am speaking towards conditions for first controlling a dream, and then remembering it, both of which are sort of important if your goal is to dream with another person.

If you pay attention to the instructions I provided, the "woken up" effect takes place in round 1 and is part of the formula. You then go back to sleep to maximize potential of being aware that you are in a dream in the first place. And because you knocked out the deep sleep in round one, you can wake up naturally and still remember things in round 2.

I did my own trials and error with dreaming, years before reading someone else publishing the same results I found within the area of the dream conversation I am having here. The steps I provided gave the optimal results. Unlike a failed reverse engineered Deja Vu attempt, we were successfully able to find optimal conditions for Lucid and shared dreaming. You have to "WAKE UP" to know you were dreaming, or you're dead. You don't have to be woken up by external items. I used to finish and complete dreams, and choose waking up, in my sleep plenty when I was at peak performance.

I misread the OP intentions. I was under the impression she wanted to explore this, not stop it. In which case, I would advise she follows my Coven Mistress's advice, because it worked for her. I know it worked for her, because I gave her similar advice about a similar situation. Maybe real world closure isn't the solution for her, but in both cases, people just trying to help other people via sharing knowledge through EXPERIENCE.

•  REPLY  •

Maro
Maro
Venerable Sire (132)
Honor: 428
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Invisus Secretus is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Invisus Secretus
Vampire Rave member for 9 years.
13:22:41 Feb 25 2017
Read 1,222 times

Chateau Nottebohm, Belgium

Here's a thought for those that are Dreamwalking or Astral Traveling. Meet here while in the Astral or Dreamwalking from 3:13 - 3:33 a.m. your time.

•  REPLY  •

StraightxEdge
StraightxEdge
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]
14:59:08 Feb 25 2017
Read 1,216 times

You're correct Lazurus. Sorry if I mispelled your name. I do wish to explore not stop. I mean yes there are days i wake up in tears but not always sad tears.

•  REPLY  •

decondemon
decondemon
Revenant (41)
Honor: 60
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
08:59:48 Feb 26 2017
Read 1,207 times

i havent personally experienced this. but ive talked to people who claim to have.

•  REPLY  •

Maro
Maro
Venerable Sire (132)
Honor: 428
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Invisus Secretus is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Invisus Secretus
Vampire Rave member for 9 years.
11:13:09 Feb 26 2017
Read 1,202 times

"The answer is yes, I do have medicine."

•  REPLY  •

LazurusAQ
LazurusAQ
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
07:35:08 Feb 28 2017
Read 1,173 times

One might want to be careful with whom they freely invite to play around in their subconscious.

Here is the real reality on the subject matter. Most people will tell you they're down to be a superstar athlete, or famous actor, or samurai warrior. The problem is that these desires are not followed up with putting in the work required to achieve these goals. Most people are not willing to carry buckets of water up the hill everyday so that the samurai temple has water to function. You must carry water, before picking up a bow or sword.

It's not over night. It took months of research and practice to be able to achieve wake induced lucid dreams. And at that time, the research itself was work. Today, others have already done the research for you. I made reference to a book which has information I can confirm, but even if you don't want to spend the 5-10$ there is more information already here on VR than I ever had:

Dream Control.

Dreams.

If shared dreaming is your goal, focus on nailing down controlling your own dreams first and foremost.

•  REPLY  •

Dakotah
Dakotah
Premiere Sire (120)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 10 years.
22:52:13 Feb 28 2017
Read 1,160 times

In thinking about this, dream control, I really would not want to do that. I think our dreams can be a way of diving into our subconscious at the time of what might be bothering us, to bring issues to light. Also, a way of a fantasy, desire, a want to come to the surface that we might not be away of when awake. So in that aspect I would not want to be able to control my dreams. The girl I am involved with lives a great distance from me. Recently I had a dream where I was kissing her and in my dream I was telling myself this is real. Her lips are real. The kiss is real. I shared this with her. Its something I want so badly to do. We play Second life together and have avatars and have created in SL what we want to have in real life someday... a house, a life together, even a child. Until that day comes we make due with this life we have created. In having this dream that I had no control over having it just showed me how bad I want that day to come when I am kissing her lips for real, and not though two avatar's. I have had many dreams about her and I would even call some shared dreams where we shared the next morning our dreams and they were extremely similar. Hardly a day goes by that we do not finish each others sentence many times during that day. Or I can be thinking something and she will say word for word what I was thinking. We even began to record how many times we do this because I just want to see for a two week period how often we do this. She is my soulmate and our minds, our thoughts, our dreams often are the same.

•  REPLY  •

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Premiere Sire (126)
[ Give / Take ]
15:38:03 Mar 02 2017
Read 1,142 times

Dakotah, I love you and Lily, and love the idea of the two of you together. You've both shared in the Connection thread how deeply connected you are, as well as in your journal entries. I believe it is totally possible for you all to connect on a subconscious level through your dreams. In fact, because your desire and connection are so strong, it sounds like this may have already happened. It wouldn't hurt to look into it and give it a go. We are more than skin and bones. We are spiritual creatures, too. There is a whole other world we can tap into when we sleep and our minds (souls?) are free to roam, no longer bound by flesh. It sounds a tad melodramatic, but it's true.

As for dream control, there is nothing wrong with being able to control your dreams. You speak about dreams being repressed desires or hidden fears and that being able to deal with them in dreamland can be beneficial. This is definitely true. However, dreams are unpredictable and often volatile. What can start out as something mild, a realization of some inner turmoil, can quickly turn into a nightmare that leaves us shaken, vulnerable, and scarred.

Take the OP of this thread for example. She wakes up in tears. Is that really necessary? She already knows she has unresolved issues regarding a past love, why suffer it over and over on a nightly basis? In being able to control her dreams about this, she might find peace more quickly. She could use the power she gains from having control to really look at the issue objectively and come to a conclusion regarding what she should do in order to move on. I know this. Been there, done that. Or being able to look at the situation without being so emotionally invested could allow her to say, "You know what? This is not healthy. I need to walk away from this," and then do just that.

Furthermore, imagine that you are caught up in a nightmare, say, about a tornado, for instance. You might have to remain in that nightmare, playing it out to whatever end. You may see really horrible things, but you can't wake up, you can't escape. Now, what if you could control that dream? What if you could say, "I'm dreaming. This isn't real?" Maybe you could wake up. That in and of itself would be a relief, right? What if you could do something else, though? What if you could turn the nightmare into something ... fun?

I had a dream about a tornado last year. Normally, these dreams scared the crap out of me, and I used to have them quite often. It usually means you're experiencing upheaval in your life. Anyhow, in this dream, I was scared, nay, terrified. I was separated from my mother and my child, and I feared for them. I was with my father, though. We ran into a church to seek shelter, and just as the tornado hit, with the walls shaking and everyone around me screaming in fear, I realized it was a dream. Instead of waking up, though, I decided to have some fun with it. So, in my dream, the tornado began to toss the little church around. Everyone was jostled around, like clothes in a dryer. But it was actually fun! I even told my dad, "Don't worry. You won't get hurt." The tornado rolled the church and its occupants down the road, and it was kind of like how you see people in those bubble ball things rolling:

Since then, I haven't had another tornado dream that scares me. I took control of that, I owned that, it no longer has power over me.

Controlling your dreams doesn't mean getting rid of the magic. In fact, you can really push your dreamself to the limits by being able to control dreams. You can enjoy your dreams more. Just because you realize you're dreaming doesn't mean you stop dreaming. It just means you have the ability to harness the power of dreams and use it to your own benefit.

Also, becoming more aware while you're sleeping leads to being more aware during your waking hours. At least, that's what I believe. Of course, it could be the other way around: being more self-aware during waking hours leads to self-awareness during sleep. I don't know. All I know is that when I started manipulating my dreams, my mind expanded in ways I never knew was possible. It was the beginning of a self-awareness, self-actualization journey that I am still enjoying to this day.

•  REPLY  •

StraightxEdge
StraightxEdge
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]
17:13:18 Mar 02 2017
Read 1,131 times

You have a good point there girl. Not just about the manipulation thing but the tornado dream.

During the time my parents were getting divorced every night I had dreams about tornados or dinosaurs chasing me. I never thought that that could have been what was causing it but now that you mention it it all makes sense. Thank you for pointing that out.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]

19:50:08 Mar 04 2017
Read 1,115 times

Never fear your dreams, it is only reality that can kill you. Of course exceptions can be made if you have a weak heart and are easily startled then I suppose it is in the realm of possibilities to be frightened to death via a heart attack induced by a nightmare.

•  REPLY  •

PaintedBlack
PaintedBlack
Premiere Sire (124)
[ Give / Take ]
Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 10 years.
10:47:59 Mar 07 2017
Read 1,088 times

Wow this is a great topic, I do have very vivid dreams were I'm hearing people talk and then next thing I know I'm in some strange place. Saying stuff in my dreams. Saving a life in a dream only to wake up and read something about it in a newspaper two days later. So I suppose dream travel is possible. Not sure. On that. Maybe my dreams are just coincidences but it happens slot. Even in day dreams. Too many voices. Inside my mind. I dream I'm on all fours running to someone then wakeup in a daze.

•  REPLY  •

Lav
Lav
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Dark Souls (Coven)
17:02:57 Mar 07 2017
Read 1,081 times

While I've not experienced it, I have known people who do this. Dreamscapes are an odd thing, and I would be happy to learn more about them as I start working with dreams more.

•  REPLY  •

13:54:50 Mar 08 2017
Read 1,073 times

Dreams are good for inspiration and creativity, many artists may have been inspired by what they remember from their dreams.

•  REPLY  •

StraightxEdge
StraightxEdge
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]
06:29:18 Mar 25 2017
Read 1,030 times

Well I am glad I am not the only one who has gone through this. It seems my dreamwalking has stopped for now but we shall see. I can go years without walking with him or his mother and than BAM hello. So ya I guess I need to learn to control it. Maybe learn from it.

•  REPLY  •

LuvlySwan86
LuvlySwan86
Changeling (71)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Dark Souls (Coven)
12:14:01 Mar 29 2017
Read 1,003 times

This specifically, I haven't experienced it. But I won't say it isn't possible, or even plausible. I personally believe it is.
I have, however, dreamed things before they have happened to me. Silly little things like once I had this dream I was talking to a young man with a blue baseball cap on, sitting in armchairs on the veranda of a brick house and then several months later I met an old boyfriend of mine, Peter. One day Peter and I were sitting on his sister's veranda, smoking and talking. We were sitting in armchairs. Jo had a brick house. Pete was wearing his blue baseball cap.

•  REPLY  •

StraightxEdge
StraightxEdge
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]
15:20:10 Mar 29 2017
Read 999 times

I've had dreams like that... One was it was me and my family walking down this well lit path. All my brothers were there and my mother and father. Then one moment the path stopped into a black abyss. Everyone but my mother stopped. She just smiled and kept walking off the edge. Found out a year later that that year she tried to commit suicide that very night I had the dream.

Then another one was after we put my dog down.... very sad day for me. I dreamed he showed up trying to play and I threw a broken beer bottle at him screaming "YOUR NOT REAL" and when he ran away two german shepard puppies came running out from where he disappeared. The next day at my brothers Honors ceremony I was outside with my dad smoking a cigarette and the SAME two puppies went trotting by with their owner. To me this was my dogs way of saying he made it ok and that he's not hurting anymore.

Lastly there was this time I dreamed of a guy named Thomas. Never met him before in my LIFE but we were hanging out at this place here called Great Skate. Couple months go by and I happen to be at Great Skate and I see someone trying to backwards skate. So I figured I would go by and give him some advice. After he started to get the hang of it I introduced himself and that's when he told me his name was Thomas. . . . .

I wholeheartedly in preminition dreams and dreamwalking. The mind is a wonderful mysterious place.

•  REPLY  •

Umyalanaraku
Umyalanaraku
Evil Spirit (60)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
22:28:10 Mar 30 2017
Read 982 times

Apparently I get lost in my "dream walking" and end up in some screwball world where nothing makes sense.

•  REPLY  •

Gumiho
Gumiho
Sire (106)
Honor: 97
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Nocturnal Retribution is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Nocturnal Retribution
01:55:18 Mar 31 2017
Read 974 times

I remember a Dream I had with my best friend it was very dark and horrifying House we walked through walls and then seen some things that did not seem all there , I wish I can be more detailed but it was so long ago, it was like she called me to her dream and then poof we say the same dream we had the next day, So yeah your'e not the only one that has these if your close to someone I call it syncing to help out each other through there nightmares, to help them snap out of the dream.

•  REPLY  •

Terezi
Terezi
Sire (102)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Art (Coven)
03:55:19 Apr 03 2017
Read 949 times

No i haven't dreamwalked as of know of yet.

•  REPLY  •

Amalga9
Amalga9
Exasperater (20)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
03:42:53 Apr 19 2018
Read 771 times

My spouse shares dreams with our blind cat sometimes. Mostly though, my spouse just likes to magickally send tuna and cat treats to her while she is asleep and we will watch her physically react to the gifts. My spouse continues to try to further the dreamwalking skills and relationship with our cat. The progress has been slow.

•  REPLY  •

MadameRose98
MadameRose98
Shadow (10)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 6 years.
05:40:19 Apr 26 2018
Read 764 times

I have a recurring place that I go to in my dreams. I often run with wolves or simply walk around the town and talk to all the people. I go to it quite often.

•  REPLY  •

StrangersInTheNight
StrangersInTheNight
Marplot (14)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 5 years.
14:57:14 May 01 2018
Read 758 times

I had a traveling companion a few years ago that would lock up in his sleep. Sleep paralysis. When he woke up he was always stunned and ecstatic about where he'd been, things he saw, people he talked to. Once, he called a person immediately, they answered and were confused about where he was because they just had a face to face convo with him. It was really strange, but true nonetheless.

•  REPLY  •

BurningFlames
BurningFlames
Ghoul (21)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Tenebris Corvus (Coven)
02:26:42 Jun 21 2018
Read 718 times

Yes, I believe dream walking is possible. I have had similar experiences.

•  REPLY  •

Tantras
Tantras
Unregenerate (63)
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
09:09:10 Jun 27 2018
Read 707 times

It's an absolutely true phenomenon. I have often walked in my more lucid dreams. My most often dream walks involve experiences with deceased loved ones who I would give anything to see again. The dream unfolds with choices, and is a similar experience to astral projection during meditation.

I love this thread. Thank you for creating it.

•  REPLY  •

22:33:48 Aug 11 2018
Read 679 times

I have dream walked plenty of times. I have done so into the past, and I have done so into the future to when later on I feel like I've had dejavu's. I've dream-walked into others dreams, and I have dream-walked into alternate realities of the same timeline that felt livid, so yes, a person can dream walk if they know how to.

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 139
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
21:26:01 Aug 28 2018
Read 669 times

I always dream catching a plane, and never get to the airport. And I am always looking for my plane ticket. Weird and interesting.

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by TheRat on May 04 2023  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.4878 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X