Viper (75)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
House Eternal is a member of an Alliance

Member of House Eternal
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
00:59:22 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,206 times

I've just got through watching the newest segment of Dr. Phil dealing with mind control. Usually, I just pass over him... but tonight, I watched a woman talk about how her daughter killed her son because of the cult she was in.
How parents sold their daughters for religion.
... and how global warming is a form of STD.

I'm curious on how people view mind control. Is it seen as an involuntary form of mind rape? Or as a voluntary way of falling into the "trend"?

•  REPLY  •

placidchaos
placidchaos
Illusionist (78)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
01:42:54 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,196 times

First I have to point out that there isn't any true form of mind 'control' as most people look at it, it's brainwashing and manipulation. When it comes right down to it, what these people do IS voluntary. At some point and for some reason they allowed someone else to dictate and shape what they think and do. Most of the people in that position were preyed upon during a very vulnerable time and typically it's a time when they're depressed or during youth.

•  REPLY  •

LouisLeMeer
LouisLeMeer
Nihilist (19)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 15 years.
02:12:12 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,188 times

Agreed: It is nothing meta-physical about mind control, it is just a person using guile to get their agendas done.

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
02:17:11 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,185 times

NLP and other techniques..thats what it amounts to.

•  REPLY  •

Ciardha
Ciardha
Premiere Sire (129)
[ Give / Take ]
Oderint Dum Metuant (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Oderint Dum Metuant (Coven)
02:42:49 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,179 times

I think that someone can tap into someones emotions and have a sort of controll over them

•  REPLY  •

Rastaferal
Rastaferal
Nightmare (97)
[ Give / Take ]
Poison (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Poison (Coven)
03:29:08 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,172 times

thats simply just manipulation. true mind control doesnt exist.

•  REPLY  •

La6Muerte66
La6Muerte66
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]
Chateau Orleans (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Chateau Orleans (Coven)
04:15:00 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,168 times

Cults and the like are brainwashing. There's nothing metaphysical about that. The people are convinced, one way or another, that what they're doing is right, and oftentimes will do just about anything they're told not because they're controlled, but because they believe so firmly that what they're being told is right.

•  REPLY  •

Kaynan
Kaynan

No Longer Registered
12:20:09 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,159 times

When your young its easy to be manipulated or have people sway your opinions. Sometimes its peer pressure in order to fit in with some society or group.
I don't believe you can mind control someone to the extent that you can make them jump off a cliff or whatever but you can certainly have a great effect on their thought process.

•  REPLY  •

La6Muerte66
La6Muerte66
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]

15:50:45 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,155 times

Case in point: Nazi Germany.

You can't believe that every German soldier agreed with what was going on, even before the invasion of Poland and the war, but the need to belong is a powerful force and can affect one's thinking drastically.

•  REPLY  •

Kaynan
Kaynan

No Longer Registered
16:16:22 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,153 times

To the poster above:

They may have agreed but what choice did they have? I somehow think thats a little different from being brainwashed. I'm sure some were, but I'm also sure some just did what they were told to stay away from further punishments.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
21:54:59 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,145 times

Warning signs of a potentially destructive cult
[edit] Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader.

1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

2. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.

3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.

4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.

5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

6. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.

7. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.

8. Followers feel they can never be "good enough".

9. The group/leader is always right.

10. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Ten warning signs regarding people involved in/with a potentially unsafe group/leader.

1. Extreme obsessiveness regarding the group/leader resulting in the exclusion of almost every practical consideration.

2. Individual identity, the group, the leader and/or God as distinct and separate categories of existence become increasingly blurred. Instead, in the follower's mind these identities become substantially and increasingly fused--as that person's involvement with the group/leader continues and deepens.

3. Whenever the group/leader is criticized or questioned it is characterized as "persecution".

4. Uncharacteristically stilted and seemingly programmed conversation and mannerisms, cloning of the group/leader in personal behavior.

5. Dependency upon the group/leader for problem solving, solutions, and definitions without meaningful reflective thought. A seeming inability to think independently or analyze situations without group/leader involvement.

6. Hyperactivity centered on the group/leader agenda, which seems to supersede any personal goals or individual interests.

7. A dramatic loss of spontaneity and sense of humor.

8. Increasing isolation from family and old friends unless they demonstrate an interest in the group/leader.

9. Anything the group/leader does can be justified no matter how harsh or harmful.

10. Former followers are at best-considered negative or worse evil and under bad influences. They can not be trusted and personal contact is avoided.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
21:57:46 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,144 times

Doing something that one is curious about, especially when it is against ones nature, is always easier done when the potential for those who witness the activity to write it of to another third party. "So I killed your daughter, the guru made me do it."

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
22:00:41 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,142 times

http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-propaganda.html

•  REPLY  •

cadrewolf
cadrewolf
Premiere Sire (127)
[ Give / Take ]
22:10:26 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,138 times

yet mind control is always apt to those with low esteem or power to fight back, culture has given us these points before Jones Town. Brainwashing and mass suicide on an epic level. we as humans look to an inspiring talker or preacher(sorry) to show us the direction in life to go even if that person is unstable. Manson and all his followers even doing a very act against us, which is murder. much like a hypnotist can twist the mind of those who are willing to succumb to it. so can the strong fight against it or be persecuted into following by others pressures.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
22:14:22 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,135 times

Jim Jones had a Rehab Program, family members actually signed over their loved one to Jim Jones. I have worked with recovered cult members. I have worked inside cults. The strong willed usually have positions of "leadership".

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
22:16:44 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,132 times

besides I don't need to convince you that I am a person gifted by a god, People will likely catch me in a slip eventually, it is better to convince two others, and send them on a recruiting mission.

•  REPLY  •

cadrewolf
cadrewolf
Premiere Sire (127)
[ Give / Take ]
22:21:00 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,129 times

I know teenagers are done in by peer pressure a form of mind control to say, yet i have try hypnotism and asked to leave every time for my unwillingness. yet I just can imagine mind control at a mass level. yet I do not know everything. but people are willing to follow so much with those who seem to hold the key to leadership and power, whether it be church or some other faction in society. individualism seem to have gone out the door.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
22:39:05 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,126 times

One need not create a whole pitch from scratch, adaptation of existing beliefs is actually a much better method of building a base following. It is best to present the adaptation in a more user friendly manner then the actual belief does. It would be even better to sugar coat it, and make it flatter your followers.

•  REPLY  •

La6Muerte66
La6Muerte66
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]

23:30:07 Nov 06 2008
Read 1,116 times

To the poster above:

They may have agreed but what choice did they have? I somehow think thats a little differant from being brainwashed. I'm sure some were, but I'm also sure some just did what they were told to stay away from further punishments.

It was an example off the top of my head, and only because it's been used elsewhere. lol. Gimme a break.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
00:53:39 Nov 07 2008
Read 1,110 times

I give you propers for the concept, there is also the fact that any one person can usually hold out against adopting fringe indoctrination. Yet as a group (usually people seeking socialization.) a person becomes people. People sway in waves. It is hard to be a wake in the ocean.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
01:56:56 Nov 07 2008
Read 1,107 times

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_Cars_scam http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Hartzell

The only difference between a con-man and his mark?

A con man is likely to know when he has been had.

Two cases for your consideration.

Keep in mind, someone may be pretending to be a mark.

•  REPLY  •

La6Muerte66
La6Muerte66
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]

02:34:06 Nov 07 2008
Read 1,104 times

That Oscar Hartzell one is good, but for con men, I have to say Victor Lustig is the best of them all.

http://home.nycap.rr.com/useless/lustig/index.html

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
06:29:25 Nov 07 2008
Read 1,096 times

It is thought that he was only the patsy for sadie witticker.

•  REPLY  •

Riallisa
Riallisa
Antagonist (37)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
15:30:16 Nov 07 2008
Read 1,080 times

I was reading Dabbler's lists - and I'm amazed at how closely a friend of mine falls into those "ten things." He's a self proclaimed "christian" which always makes me nervous...

He attended this huge revival thing in Lakeland Florida. He's since changed his personality so completely that it's shocking. He'd been single and he met this woman at the revival. She is married with two teenagers. He's basically fallen in love with her...they've moved in together, she's left her children and husband. And they're still calling themselves "christian." They consider her divorced 'in the eyes of the Lord." and they consider themselves "married in the eyes of the Lord."

She won't come to our home to visit - first she said it was because my husband reminded her of an ex-boyfriend she'd had. Then later, when my husband saw her in a store, she didn't even recognize him. So ... how closely could he have resembled her ex?
Later, she told Danny (our friend) that because we have a little Jack Russell who lives in the house with us...we're unclean. It's unclean to have an animal in the house. Danny used to have a dog himself - not any more.
Now..me...I think anyone who doesn't like animals is probably the spawn of the devil anyway....but on top of not liking animals, they've cut all of Danny's friends out...
I could go on and on...

My point being...something...LOL I guess I might have a point.
Oh yeah...religion...to me is a HUGE form of mind control. They justify ANYTHING.
Shocking.

•  REPLY  •

LouisLeMeer
LouisLeMeer
Nihilist (19)
[ Give / Take ]
15:56:27 Nov 07 2008
Read 1,074 times

I will put a little more here;

Mind control through empathic means is something I have not witnessed, or if I have, have not Identified.

Manipulation, Is something I have done, gave people the feeling that they may be capable of preforming acts that the prior thought incapable of performing. I believe it is called esprit De corps, or something similar to that, using moral of the people you inspire to do your wishes.

•  REPLY  •

Beastt17
Beastt17
Pain Giver (55)
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
19:32:41 Nov 07 2008
Read 1,068 times

Mind-control is that which we see as having happened to others; never to ourselves. The Christian or Muslim might well look to a member of the People's Temple and see them as being a victim of mind control, all the while displaying many of the same traits of holding an unevidenced belief which, in many cases, lies outside of the realm of credible possibility, has been preached to them and threatened them away from disbelief.

We're all victims of mind-control to one extent or another. Government propaganda, peer propaganda, preaching, teaching, political parties... these are all things (and a very small list of the things), which lead us to hold our beliefs. Hitler was highly skilled when it came to the use of propaganda and censorship to control the majority main-stream thoughts of the populous. Manson demonstrated a far lesser capability but then again, he wasn't granted a position of authority over a large population as was Hitler. Had Manson been groomed as a politician, the U.S. might well have fought wars we felt were well justified under Manson's direction.

The problem with ideas is that once adopted, most cling to them as a crucial part of their own identity. It's as if by weighing arguments on the basis of reason rather than emotionalism, they'd somehow lose their own identity. That's what makes schemes of "thought manipulation" (a more appropriate term in my estimation), so effective.

As Mark Twain stated it; "In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing."

Of course it does go beyond religion and politics. But those two areas along with personal diet, seem to be the most effective at invoking intense emotion rather than reason.

•  REPLY  •

Joli
Joli
Premiere Sire (127)
[ Give / Take ]

20:17:03 Nov 07 2008
Read 1,062 times

"Tachistoscopic input."

Remember the "Drink coke" subliminal ads run during movies in the 50s? Sales went up in the lobby by about 60%!

Also interesting are the messages that can be put into the muzak found in department stores. Within the music, repeated again and again, are messages about honesty and how you would never steal. Studies have shown these to reduce shoplifting by nearly 40%.

There have been many, many more studies on the subject. Some have demonstrated that by flashing an image to you subliminally, they can dictate which lever you will pull in response during clinical tests.

Mind control of a sort?

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
22:28:18 Nov 07 2008
Read 1,051 times

Ahhh, yes the power of sublimination.. walks into the minds and hearts of America as we watch for the man with the burger tools.. you have given me a chill Joli. A very subtle note you make, one with much to consider.

•  REPLY  •

La6Muerte66
La6Muerte66
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]

00:07:33 Nov 08 2008
Read 1,044 times

Can subliminal messaging work in reverse? What I mean is, can the person receiving the message react contrary to the intended result under certain conditions, mental or otherwise?

•  REPLY  •

cadrewolf
cadrewolf
Premiere Sire (127)
[ Give / Take ]
00:13:51 Nov 08 2008
Read 1,041 times

I think it depends on the sub-message presented. for people react different to different stimulie, so the effect may not be the same but carried out to what was intended.

•  REPLY  •

Beastt17
Beastt17
Pain Giver (55)
[ Give / Take ]

00:39:56 Nov 08 2008
Read 1,037 times

Re: "can the person receiving the message react contrary to the intended result under certain conditions, mental or otherwise?"

I would say this most certainly can occur. In order for any subliminal message to be effective one must make certain assumptions regarding the target audience. Should those assumptions fail to fit any individual, the effectiveness of the message will be altered.

If one assumes their target audience will be primarily Christian, they might make the suggestion that God is pleased by X-behavior. Should an individual who receives the message look upon the Christian God as other than a benevolent entity, they might well react contrary to the desire of those devising the message.

Take a less subtle message like those "Baby on Board" signs that were so popular for a while. The idea is that people will take note that there is a very young human in the vehicle, and will therefore, exercise more caution in their driving habits. But not everyone subscribes to the human instinct to protect infants to the same degree. I tend to see them as a young human -- nothing more, nothing less. The suggestion that I should alter my driving habits simply because someone has taken it upon themselves to exercise their reproductive system strikes a non-favorable chord with me. I'm not likely to drive in a manner other than my usual, but some may feel even more assaulted by the suggestion and could, perhaps, speed past the vehicle in a careless manner.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
01:51:19 Nov 08 2008
Read 1,030 times

Got Vampire Rave? As opposed to Get Vampire Rave !

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 131
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
20:43:44 Nov 08 2008
Read 1,017 times

Mind Control. MMm...may be not. Most of the cult use the old tradition of telling their members that they are their true family and that they will provide for everything. Many people need attention in their life and if someone give them some, then, that person in being controlled.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
20:54:56 Nov 08 2008
Read 1,014 times

What if I wanted to make a person obsess over their job security?

Do you think I could do it?

Now once that is going on, what say I go behind their back to undermine their fellow employees?

But behold once that person subscribes to my idealism (really just a pitch, I could careless about what I project for others to believe.) he gets a promotion. So now I have one guy who is sold out on my idea, I no longer need to expose myself as a manipulative person. I have removed myself from the strings by degree.

It is easier for a follower to get more followers. But remember a skeptic can make a believer believe, but seldom is the skeptic made to believe.

•  REPLY  •

Beastt17
Beastt17
Pain Giver (55)
[ Give / Take ]

21:39:35 Nov 08 2008
Read 1,010 times

Re: "Most of the cult use the old tradition of telling their members that they are their true family and that they will provide for everything."

Why is it not mind control if you use bait? This is a common tactic among pretty much all religious organizations, not just cults. They offer you the love of the "brotherhood", the security of family through membership and usually, the divine love of some supposed divine entity. And it's hard not to notice that people who have never felt a strong sense of family and family love, are among the most vulnerable to such tactics.

None-the-less, once free from the influence of such tactics, most will look back and wonder how they could ever have been so blind. In some ways it's not unlike being in an unloving romantic relationship and constantly attempting to bring the love back into the relationship. One will try almost anything (within reason), and continually be confused as to whether they're the problem, their partner is the problem or whether it's a fairly equal mix. Once the relationship finally dissolves, things usually become far more clear. One can look back and wonder how they could ever have even considered some of the things suggested to them by their former partner.

•  REPLY  •

sPerAnZa
sPerAnZa
Viper (75)
[ Give / Take ]

Member of House Eternal
15:58:19 Nov 09 2008
Read 991 times

Some churches use a "mind control" technique. These churches are usually the ones that are on T.V or high profit and others are southern churches with bendable morals.
I've seen people in the church, including the pastor, use God as a choke hold on people to do things; like donate amounts of money. You know, how they'll do on T.V where the pastor looks in the camera and yells: "IF YOU LOVE GOD, YOU WILL SEND IN THIS GENEROUS DONATION!" ...and then follow that up with a statement that makes it look like he's not using God as a form of getting paid.
People in the church will use God as an excuse to judge people and deem them "unchristian."
For someone that really wants to be with God but doesn't have the knowledge or the backbone to see what's going on; I see it like a form of mind control. Basically, that person is altering themselves to be apart of a society, in this case a church.

If any of that makes sense. :)

•  REPLY  •

Beastt17
Beastt17
Pain Giver (55)
[ Give / Take ]

16:12:06 Nov 09 2008
Read 988 times

It would seem that imagined love that one pays for is somehow preferred to real love that one must work for. But this is a classic form of mind control. People are told what to say and even what to think. They're told to purge bad thoughts from their minds and that thinking the "wrong" things is a sign of weak faith. Of course it's suggested that faith is good, despite the fact that in every facet of life, faith is a bad thing to demonstrate. It tends to facilitate one's own victimization and serves no other purpose. I guess what's good for the controller doesn't need to be good for the "controlee".

People aren't quick to hand over the control of their thoughts to another. But it's often amazing how little it takes before they willingly submit. Often, the key is to offer a suggestion of safety, of family and of unending love. With an offer of unending love, many people will walk away from real love and never even look back.

•  REPLY  •

XTCraver
XTCraver

No Longer Registered
16:41:46 Nov 09 2008
Read 984 times

Well, I think there may be people who can really control the mind because they have psychic powers. But for a lot of other people I think it's just the art of talk. You can get people to do a lot of things depending on if you word things right and use a good tone. It's hard to pull off, but I've done it a few times.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
00:05:06 Nov 10 2008
Read 975 times

Well, I think there may be people who can really control the mind because they have psychic powers. But for a lot of other people I think it's just the art of talk. You can get people to do a lot of things depending on if you word things right and use a good tone. It's hard to pull off, but I've done it a few times.

"Well, I think there may be people who can really control the mind because they have psychic powers."

Then the world has a potential to become very bleak, because look how bad computer hackers are. Think how much more sinister such possible things could be? Then wonder how exactly wrong this assertion is, a very General statement in deed, You would have me believe this possible? Please provide links?

"You can get people to do a lot of things depending on if you word things right and use a good tone. It's hard to pull off, but I've done it a few times."

You can make people believe they are vampires, for example. You can "convince" others that you maybe a vampire, but could it be that (like some cases of "mind control" that the person "influenced" is actually humoring the " Controller"?

Would not the first part be "sweet talking".

I bet if a person told themselves, and others something over and over enough.. that they would eventually believe it, or at least act like they did to fit in with a social group.

•  REPLY  •

Euresken
Euresken
Unclean Spirit (39)
[ Give / Take ]

06:48:54 Nov 10 2008
Read 968 times

well the mind can be an easy thing to control, those who say you can't control the mind are saying that because they have a strong will power and cannot speak for being controlled because they cannot be controlled, so they think that it is not posible, but those who have a weak mind or who have been through a death, or loss of a freind due to moving, it causes a weakening of the mind, therfore in a sense a pshychiatrist can be considered a mind controller, because when you go through one of the afore mentioned things their job is to assure you that every thing will be alright, but if they didn't tell you this would you ever think about things being alright or going back to normal?

•  REPLY  •

Angitia41
Angitia41
Evildoer (42)
[ Give / Take ]

11:15:40 Nov 10 2008
Read 964 times

I agree the mind is very easy to conttroll especially when it is children or someone who is weak.. But not so easy when a person has a strong mind...

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
12:07:11 Nov 10 2008
Read 962 times

What about critical thinking? What about being observant? A person that checks references, or claims made by suggestive people. Stronge willed people can be greedy as well and greed is a portal for manipulation.

Leaving a person with nothing to show for themselves for their devotion and commitement while the effort built anothers cause, "strong willed" people have fell for that.

•  REPLY  •

Beastt17
Beastt17
Pain Giver (55)
[ Give / Take ]

17:17:05 Nov 10 2008
Read 954 times

For those who believe that there are people who can utilize "psychic powers" to control the mind of another, how do you suppose this would work? By what means do these psychic powers manage to over-whelm the actual neural connections in a person's mind?

Certainly there may be forms of energy which can be generated and transmitted which may alter the normal functioning of the brain, but such energies are purely detectable. To the best of my knowledge, no proclaimed psychic has ever demonstrated the ability to produce any such energy.

It's one thing to proclaim that a give concept is true. It's quite another to explain the mechanics behind the concept. And when one can neither explain the mechanics nor demonstrate the assertion, they're left with little more than a lot of talk.

•  REPLY  •

cadrewolf
cadrewolf
Premiere Sire (127)
[ Give / Take ]
17:45:34 Nov 10 2008
Read 949 times

Mind control from phisic energy or thought of the mind is to me much like the movie x-men, yet in todays society do not think this is highly plausable. mind control is the ability to draw the audience in to your way of thought with words of what they believe, look at the cult around the world, manipulation of the mind by power of words and scare tatics..

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
20:41:00 Nov 10 2008
Read 941 times

Any "projected psychic energy" that would interfere with another mind would be measurable by MRI. Just as a "pitch" would (and has) created activity in a persons MRI.. *now where to find a willing "psychic".

•  REPLY  •

Theban
Theban
Great Sire (115)
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Umbrae Octo is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Umbrae Octo
21:40:25 Nov 10 2008
Read 938 times

Cadrewolf

“Much like a hypnotist can twist the mind of those who are willing.”

The use of the word twist, I feel, is very harsh!

As for being “asked to leave for being unwilling” I am intrigued!

Strange that you had already taken steps to see a therapist. So what would you expect to gain from seeing a therapist and be unwilling for the therapy provided?As for the therapist asking you to leave I cannot comment on this.

Mind control is possible of sorts. An example of this is, and try this for yourselves. When your next with someone in a conversation covertly match and mirror them...if it's your wife, girlfriend, what ever your preference it should be easy to just glance at the window, or the door for a seconds. If you have correctly done it they will have an overpowering urge to look at what you are looking at.

The same example of this is when you are outside in a busy place just look up at the sky and you will notice others will do the same.

Ok ok...it can be argued that it's really a form of conditioning and not mind control however don't we want to try and control the minds of our children? Condition them into being better versions than us?

Do you see what I'm getting at? We all are conditioned/controlled by out side influences and it starts from the moment we are born.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
21:47:02 Nov 10 2008
Read 934 times

The ban is that something on your collar?

•  REPLY  •

cadrewolf
cadrewolf
Premiere Sire (127)
[ Give / Take ]
23:21:48 Nov 10 2008
Read 926 times

THEBAN: if i did say therepist i was wrong, it was hypnotists that ask me to leave all the time for i am not a willing i shall say person, and yes twist of words may be harsh, but these examples are some of the tapes I have heard from know cult groups , and the twist of words is not harsh specially on the things they say.. for it is a twist on the word to make the followers more friehtened and make them beleive in the person. As i say cult it is not just the dark arts but a few know religious based parties. and I know the thought of looking up draws others to do the same much like a yawn it is contagious yet not mind altering in the aspect of saying changing the direction or belief of your audience to think or act in an intent they would usually not.

•  REPLY  •

Theban
Theban
Great Sire (115)
[ Give / Take ]

00:12:29 Nov 11 2008
Read 922 times

Dab bler

No it was on my shoe lol

Cadrewolf

You know I really really ouch really want to say that the use of the term dark arts is a label best used to describe something maybe from buffy! I like to use the words positive and negative. You are able to use what ever you wish as I may of in the past been drawn to other words...just like a fly to the headlights of a car.

Interesting though that I had overlooked the yawn. The use of the word contagious however means to catch or contact. But still,are you not in a way causing the individual to yawn? Is that not a form of control?

You were not wrong because you didn't say therapist, it was good old me.
I made an error in my response because I got caught up in the intrigue. So when you say hypnotist you mean stage hypnotist?or have I misinterpreted the use of the word hypnotist?

You see I am a fellow of The National Guild Of Hypnotists (USA) and The National Council Of Hypnotherapy (Uk) The term used (twist) is inaccurate because the hypnotist/hypnotherapist is bound by a code of ethics and a code of conduct.

Of course nobody is perfect...and I'm nobody. lol

That then leads me to ask why on earth did you persist in seeing a hypnotist for them to ask you to leave?

•  REPLY  •

cadrewolf
cadrewolf
Premiere Sire (127)
[ Give / Take ]
00:44:45 Nov 11 2008
Read 918 times

well have tried hpynotist as acts(stage)at reno and in our club even tried to go to them to help quit smoking yet have always failed to get or be hpnotised, dark arts as cult is probably the wrong term as stated but i was trying to refer to cults not like devil or god based religion but in a general statement. so and yes a yawn would be a way to manipulate another actions into yawning. so I stand corrected on that. but to me mind control is in the realms of altering thought and intent in actions based on what may be logical to the other. so That is what i based my logic on.....

•  REPLY  •

cadrewolf
cadrewolf
Premiere Sire (127)
[ Give / Take ]
00:47:14 Nov 11 2008
Read 917 times

and for the going to hpynotist is my other have is so easily gone under and cannot believe i cannot so ever time she wants to go one i am the ginny pig to say and I always fail but they do put on good shows... and quit smoking was givin to me by afriend who was hypnotisted and quit so... this is me never learns...

•  REPLY  •

LadyMajik
LadyMajik

No Longer Registered
17:09:24 Nov 11 2008
Read 902 times

My opinion on mind control is more or less a form of brain washing. You get enough people to say or do something and stick with it you can get all kinds of people to believe and do anything.

I dont mean to offend or upset anyone but here is my example.

All through history there has been battle after battle to reform everyone into christianity. For a god that wants peace on earth and good will toward men there are a lot of bloody deaths in the name of a just god. All through history people have been brutalized, murdered, and outcasted for not believing in God. Is that not a form of mind control?

•  REPLY  •

Undervampsgaze
Undervampsgaze

No Longer Registered
20:53:23 Nov 11 2008
Read 893 times

It all gets narrowed down to NLP.. Yes anyone can be lured into mind control... Or there wouldnt be such a thing.

•  REPLY  •

Theban
Theban
Great Sire (115)
[ Give / Take ]

20:59:49 Nov 11 2008
Read 891 times

Cadrewolf:

A friend I knew enjoyed (and I'll emphasis enjoyed) to smoke fags and skunk weed and then through choice, stopped. The decision was made because he didn't want to be deemed selfish by his children as well as his partner. He didn't want his children to grow up without a daddy and his partner without her husband. Of course he also didn't want to die. Also they were trying for another child and he had found out that smoking fags and skunk weed can render some people impotent?(It lowers the sperm count) He realised that smoking is really another example of self harm.

If you really want to achieve an outcome then you know you will!

CD or tapes from therapist are normally tailor made to suit the individual so this is proburly why it didn't suit you. As for you saying “this is me never learns”....just to play with your word never. What you should of said is “So far I've been unable to reach a proper level of hypnosis”

Didn't you learn to walk, talk! Would you admit that it is harder to learn to walk as well as talk, ride a push bike than it is to give up smoking?

Now as another form of control which I use alot with clients when they ask me “Can anyone be hypnotised”

The answer I give is no, people with an IQ of 70 or less cannot be hypnotised....funny that I've not had anyone yet who has stated that they didn't go into trance....lol

•  REPLY  •

cadrewolf
cadrewolf
Premiere Sire (127)
[ Give / Take ]
21:38:59 Nov 11 2008
Read 886 times

Iq of 70 or less can not do not believe that for i am higher than that. and yes smoking is self harm, but so is eating junk food or breathing any more.

•  REPLY  •

Beastt17
Beastt17
Pain Giver (55)
[ Give / Take ]

21:41:52 Nov 11 2008
Read 882 times

Re: "You get enough people to say or do something and stick with it you can get all kinds of people to believe and do anything."

I not only agree but recall that Adolf Hitler both promoted and demonstrated the effectiveness of such a tactic.

"Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way round, to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise." -- Adolf Hitler
---

Re: "All through history people have been brutalized, murdered, and outcasted for not believing..."

This, of course, applies to the history of many religions and again is demonstrated to be correct in the full support Hitler enjoyed from the Pope and the majority of the German Catholic church of which he was a member.

I think it arguable that any belief, religious or otherwise, which must be held on grounds of faith rather than on grounds of evidence, can only be the result of forms of mind control.

•  REPLY  •

cadrewolf
cadrewolf
Premiere Sire (127)
[ Give / Take ]
21:44:01 Nov 11 2008
Read 881 times

Anyway, mind control an intent to change ones belief and intent of doing something against their nature. for common in todays society.

sorry for above post do not usually take offense in language or views of others.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
03:24:12 Nov 12 2008
Read 869 times

In my human behavior class I was in a pinch for a project, the day we where to announce our project I had nothing in mind. Then as I waited out side the door it hit me, I waited intently, others joined me waiting. The late bell rang, a few others joined, no one hazarded to see if the door was even open. One girl came and eventually asked (not tested) if the door was locked. My project.. Unspoken persuasion, leading to conformity.

As a Carney I used the same concept to increase my player output.

•  REPLY  •

TragicMind69
TragicMind69
Spook (24)
[ Give / Take ]

14:47:37 Nov 12 2008
Read 863 times

I believe that "mind control" is really just a form of "brainwashing"

I think that brainwashing is wrong as everyone should have the right to make their own decisions and follow their own beliefs/religions etc.

People should not be encouraged to do something to conform to a majority or minority, people should act in a way that they find acceptable and not be influenced by others.

•  REPLY  •

Beastt17
Beastt17
Pain Giver (55)
[ Give / Take ]

16:34:18 Nov 12 2008
Read 854 times

Re: "People should not be encouraged to do something to conform to a majority or minority, people should act in a way that they find acceptable and not be influenced by others."

Let's look then to the days of Galileo. One is faced with two concepts, one of religious faith and the other of physical evidence. Galileo had the evidence and the church had the interpretation of an ancient text. How is one to choose without being influenced by either?

My suggestion would be that when presented with such a choice, the correct belief will always be represented by the evidence, and never by the belief of faith. I can think of no example throughout the history of man where this was not the case. However, because many of the evidences behind new discovery in this day and age is beyond the immediate grasp of the average individual, one must listen to those on both sides of such an issue and allow themselves the opportunity to be influenced by both, and then choose that which seems the most likely. For some, that will be the choice which most appeals to their emotional desire. For the rest, the evidence will speak with greater authority than their wishful thinking.

•  REPLY  •

cadrewolf
cadrewolf
Premiere Sire (127)
[ Give / Take ]
16:51:38 Nov 12 2008
Read 852 times

Good post beast, yet in the realms of todays society, people are looking for answers to the great unknown, many follow the values set into them as a child or the beliefs they have been raised with. the mass seem to look for answers without evidence yet to rensure themselves own choice as they call it. yet if we dive into it it is the choice of society and not of their own. for if individualism was on a mass scale the world or culture would be different. we listen to peers and others and with certain text we are pulled to the side we do feel safe with. yet masters of words know this and use it on every scale in society, from tv adds, music or religion based structures.

•  REPLY  •

JadedXGurl
JadedXGurl
Curmudgeon (11)
[ Give / Take ]
16:54:05 Nov 12 2008
Read 850 times

i agree

•  REPLY  •

Beastt17
Beastt17
Pain Giver (55)
[ Give / Take ]

19:23:57 Nov 14 2008
Read 831 times

cadrewolf,

I completely agree that people claim to be looking for answers to the unknown. But when examined, it appears they're more interested in pursuing alternative answers to what is more properly concluded to be known. They simply don't like the answers and pursue anything which provides them with an alternative answer.

Probably the most common among these is; what happens to us when we die?

And the answer, based on all of the objective evidence is; we die and cease to exist as a functioning biological unit or as any form of consciousness. But despite the fact that this answer is consistent with all of the objective evidence, people don't like it because they prefer to believe that they continue on in some conscious state. So they keep looking for a different answer and anyone willing to suggest a different answer.

It's not so much about looking for the answers to unknowns, but about looking for alternative answers to the "knowns", which appeal more readily to their emotional desires. It's as though living their entire lives within a cold and indifferent universe which continually demonstrates that it isn't the slightest bit concerned with anyone's emotional desires simply hasn't happened. So instead they look to a handful of odd coincidences in their lives and proclaim them to be something else. And through these few accidental alignments, they completely ignore the other 99.9% of reality's rigid demonstrations.

Unfortunately, the desire to subscribe to false and often ridiculous ideas, leaves them completely open to any charlatan, fraud, con-man, nut-job or self-proclaimed "spiritual leader" who cares to offer them any kind of a story, no matter how ill-conceived or lacking for evidence, which helps to fulfill their desire to believe in contradiction to the evidence. You don't wish to believe that the 20,000 ton freight train that has derailed from the bridge above you is going to crush you to death? No problem. Just believe that it won't. Believe hard enough and you'll be protected from the laws of physics -- boom *splat* "get a mop" -- oh well, I guess they didn't believe hard enough. Their "faith" was weak. Nevermind the fact that never has anyone ever been able to demonstrate that belief itself can ever change anything.

And in exchange for this wondrous gift of being allowed to believe anything which provides comfort, no matter how much one must deny reality, there is a price to be paid. One must simply hand over their rational, reasoning mind in favor of one which looks to non-existent mysteries and the non-existent answers to those non-existent mysteries, for continual false comfort in life.

How is it that mere belief can stop a falling train? "We don't know, it's just one of those unknowns" -- a mystery of life. Actually, we do know. It can't, never could, never has and never will. But if it provides comfort to believe otherwise, many will gladly offer their ability to reason in exchange for proclaimed mysteries. And by taking advantage of that weakness in the human psyche, mind control becomes mere child's play.

Why force yourself to become comfortable with realities when it's so much easier to simply deny that they are real?

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
19:32:19 Nov 14 2008
Read 828 times

Then there is the " If all these other people believe in "it, then it must be reasonable to consider.

So the person next to you may be there for nothing more then the social function, or perhaps even paid to be there.

Multituid does not make accountability.

to present a person with a suggestion while alone is a hard thing to do, a people together.. that is actually easier.

•  REPLY  •

Beastt17
Beastt17
Pain Giver (55)
[ Give / Take ]

19:50:30 Nov 14 2008
Read 822 times

Yes, the ever-erroneous appeal to popularity. If ten people believe the world is other than flat and EVERYONE else believes it is flat, then the world must be flat.

Why should anyone believe the world is round (spherical), on the basis of mere evidence when nearly EVERYONE else "knows" it's flat? And if the evidence is irrefutable, then "science can't explain everything".

It's all about believing what serves the desire even at the cost of losing touch with reason and rationality. And of course there are the always-present "feeders" who will offer any argument support so long as there is profit to be had.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
19:59:06 Nov 14 2008
Read 820 times

Or perhaps a tie in with their scam.. err I mean Research, and subsequent book.

•  REPLY  •

cadrewolf
cadrewolf
Premiere Sire (127)
[ Give / Take ]
20:33:09 Nov 14 2008
Read 818 times

feeders donot just go after profit, there are those who will argue to the end if its on the winning side of conversation, 4 aginst one. I have witnessed this several times even if the the method was way off base and sometimes wrong.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
22:19:25 Nov 14 2008
Read 807 times

some times persassion is not projection of thoughts onto others, it is a matter of subtly relaxing critical thinking, or resting their natural suspicion.

•  REPLY  •

LordWolf
LordWolf
Charmer (84)
Honor: 6
[ Give / Take ]

Member of House Eternal
16:49:42 Nov 15 2008
Read 791 times

while i would like to project my wishes into another and have them carried out, it is easy to look around us and see mind control....church...school...the media...even movies control what we want, what we want to look like, and what we want to buy and believe.

unfortunately people are a bit too easy to control if there is a concerted effort to do so.

•  REPLY  •

DefiantxXxAngel
DefiantxXxAngel
Daemon (95)
[ Give / Take ]

22:53:02 Nov 15 2008
Read 779 times

Mind control is just like being forced against you own will to do something, even if you know that you are going to be controlled

•  REPLY  •

Beastt17
Beastt17
Pain Giver (55)
[ Give / Take ]

02:56:47 Nov 16 2008
Read 770 times

I would suggest that the most effective form of mind control is not by force, but by deceitful manipulation. Find out what a person wants more than anything else, then convince them that what you want is the best way for them to attain what they want.

People want to evade death. So you offer them religion complete with an afterlife, if they will simply abide by your standards -- offered as the standards of a god. In short order you will be able to sit back and watch while they engage even in murder, in the name of your desires.

People want wealth, so you offer them the opportunity to seek profit, so long as they give you a cut for the "privilege" of being allowed to work within the financial structure you claim to have provided -- tax.

More than all of that, people seem to want security. And security means many different things to many different people. To most, it means protection from those who might mean them harm. And if there isn't anyone who means great or imminent harm, you simply invent them. Report a false attack and people will be clamoring for protection. Invent a group of terrorists and people will give up even their "inalienable rights" in search of protection. Point a finger and they'll begin killing for your profit, in the belief that they are vanquishing an enemy.

Mind control is manipulation and manipulation on a grand scale requires deceit. And once the deceit has started, those most prone to gullibility and to instilled fear will carry your torch for you, defend you against those not prone to your propaganda, and literally do your job for you, to their own demise.

And all the while, you smile behind their back and proclaim you're there for them.

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by TheRat on Oct 03 2010  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.6801 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X