Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
Honor: 70
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 19 years.
19:10:00 Apr 26 2009
Read 12,802 times

I'm getting ready to begin another round of major Vampire Rave updates. I've got quite a few things planned, but now's your opportunity to put forth suggestions.

A couple of things regarding suggestions. Please keep in mind:

• I cannot implement many suggestions because they are not practical.

• I oftentimes turn down suggestions because they do not fit with my 'image' of Vampire Rave. A prime example would be the friend system and not requiring friend approval.

• Don't get butt hurt if I can't implement your suggestion.

• •  REPLY  •

Kglitterous
    Kglitterous
    Sire (105)
    Honor: 0
    [ Give / Take ]
    House Eternal is a member of an Alliance

Member of House Eternal
    Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
    20:09:47 Apr 26 2009
    Read 12,783 times

When updating your status, I find myself thereafter looking at the status system page to see what the next level is and then using the back arrow to confirm how far I have to go. Of course that never works because you can only update your status once per hour.

I don't know if there is an easy fix for displaying status that doesn't involve updating again; however would it be possible to display automatically the number of submissions/hours/etc you have to log to get to the next of that level.

Or Worst case scenario... at the bottom of the update status page, perhaps you could duplicate the Status system information page so you can better come to grips with leveling up.

I know I am a sire... but I am actually 27.9 plus house mark... and I think others might greatly appreciate it.

PS I love the Browsing History Link and the 12 hour rule.

•  REPLY  •

Jens
    Jens
    Premiere Sire (121)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
    04:28:43 Apr 27 2009
    Read 12,721 times

I have a few suggestions, not sure how easy they are to implement. Here they are:

1) A third tier of societies.
    With the current number of covens getting kind of out of hand, a third tier of societies (my proposal: Tribes) would allow a society master to choose between two types of societies... or maybe not... might be Cancer's prerogative as to which coven becomes a tribe. :)

2) Allowing Society Masters to give out awards for good behaviour.
    This could be like a mark, but it doesn't change the member's level status any. The Society master can award perhaps up to 5 different .gif, .nag, or .JP graphics to hand out for favour earning, or well written essay or for quick leveling up, to mention a few possible ideas. These would show up under the member's avatar below society reps and any marks given.

3) More VR Store items.
    I, for one, would love to see a baseball cap with a VR logo on it, perhaps even a third party could offer members magnets, mouse-pads or mugs with their society crest on them... etc etc. Bumper-stickers with VR and Coven crests on them with a slogan would be killer too. :)

4) Bring back VR games for favours
    I am sure most of us are mature enough to play fair and not cheat. Those who are caught cheating can have all their favours removed as punishment. Perhaps Cancer can come up with better ways, but I feel the games would make VR fun again like it used to be.

5) Up to 5 personal pages which each premium member could use to create extensions to their profile as a link, rather than be forced to use table-boxes.

6) A drop-down selector box so a premium member can insert codes into profiles, society pages quickly rather than have to enter code repeatedly.

•  REPLY  •

Lethargy
    Lethargy
    Sire (106)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Member of The House of Caomhnõir-an-Eolas
    Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
    10:13:51 Apr 27 2009
    Read 12,688 times

SOCIETY

First of i would like to see for those who want to open a coven, a coven submission page. Where they upload there pictures, name and representation. And all you have to do sir is click approve or deny and the coven is made. this would save time.

Also when a coven closes a Coven Master Should not be allowed to pass favor on to another coven. That way It's 100% fair to all coven trying to get to number one.

Also custom css code for coven forums would be nice.

Profiles/Portfolio

First Off when you block some one they cant see your profile or portfolio, They should be redirected to a rating page so they can get rated. And still be inducted.

It would also be nice to see the unrated feature brought back for at lest profiles.

Also when a coven closes a Coven Master Should not be allowed to pass there Favors on to another coven. That way It's 100% fair to all coven trying to get to number one.

•  REPLY  •

Zom
    Zom

No Longer Registered
    15:10:44 Apr 27 2009
    Read 12,668 times

G'day! Some forum websites have the name of the author next to their post, and also have the name of the person who replied to the post.

It would be great if -VR- could be setup like that, so other members can see the name of who has replied to a post.

Another Idea of mine is about weekly rewards show.

There would be different Catargies for each thing. For some examples of each Catargy would be: "best profile" "worst profile" "best portfolio" "worst portfolio" "best messager" "worst messanger" "great chatter" * there would be MANY more different of thease Catargies.

How it would be faily sortedout would be if members above level 3 and above can see a spot-section button in a person's profile and they can click on one of the different-many Catargies for that person.

I hope other members would enjoy this idea of mine. Thanks.

Also, Members who are level 3 and above should be allowed to rate posts.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
    Cancer
    Superior Sire (147)
    [ Give / Take ]
    20:26:21 Apr 27 2009
    Read 12,635 times

A lot of good ideas have been brought up, and several of these ideas will be incorporated into the updates that are coming over the next several months.

I intend to leave this thread here, as sticky, for most of the summer. Dominars, please make sure this thread stays clean.

I want to point out a few things. I'm not picking on anyone, I just want you guys to try and start thinking like System Analysts if you can ;)

>> Also when a coven closes a Coven Master Should not be allowed to pass there Favors on to another coven. That way It's 100% fair to all coven trying to get to number one.

I think this is just about impossible to set up. There is no way for the system to read a Coven Masters mind.. to know if they intend to disband after a trade is made. I could limit the trade rate, but then the Coven Master could still accomplish his/her goal by trading members/favor out more slowly.

>> Having a number in brackets next to 'New Journal Comments' (like there is for stalking, message center and the acolyte and submission queues) to tell you when you have new comments.

Due to the current data structure of journals, I don't think this is easily done (which is why I probably didn't implement it in the first place... I put number totals everywhere if possible). I'll have to reexamine the data structure. If a total isn't possible, perhaps I can just put a flag that says new.

>> People to disappear off your 'friend lists you are on' when they self-delete.

I'm fairly sure this is how it works now.. I think. I thought I updated the system, so that your friends list updates every time you view it. Let's say member X self-deletes. You view your friends list, they're on it. The *next* time you view your friends list they should be gone.

>> Members who are level 3 and above should be allowed to rate posts.

I know that post rating is incorporated into many forums, as are other features like reputation. I've tried to keep that stuff away from VR. We have a simple Forum, tied into our Status System, that has functioned very well for us.

>> First Off when you block some one they cant see your profile or portfolio, They should be redirected to a rating page so they can get rated. And still be inducted.

This isn't possible, from a design standpoint, unless I make it so that you have to be logged in to view profiles. That's not something I want to do. If I were to implement this, someone who is blocked would just have to log out and view your profile anonymously.

That's it for now. If I didn't respond to something else you posted it means it's feasible and I'm considering it.

•  REPLY  •

lordxofxwar
    lordxofxwar
    Premiere Sire (123)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
    06:49:35 Apr 28 2009
    Read 12,595 times

First off I love the idea of making a Coven easier to make by making a "Petition for a Coven" link/page be made that Sires can see and use. It can go under the "Society menu" or the "Personal Menu" and once a member acquires Sire they can see it.

I do not think we should be telling Society Masters how they use the favor that their Coven has earned. If they are planning on their Coven closing and they want to give their favor away that should be their option to support another Society or let their Societies favor just disappear. After all it's their Society and their favor. Some might not like that, but if that was to happen then you should also suggest making it so trades between Covens have a max favor amount... Doesn't seem right to me and Society Masters should have the choice. *My two cents*

•  REPLY  •

18:19:35 Apr 28 2009
    Read 12,561 times

">> People to disappear off your 'friend lists you are on' when they self-delete.

I'm fairly sure this is how it works now.. I think. I thought I updated the system, so that your friends list updates every time you view it. Let's say member X self-deletes. You view your friends list, they're on it. The *next* time you view your friends list they should be gone."

Your own friends list does work that way (I think!) but I meant the premium feature 'Friend lists you are on'. Looking at mine, I'm on 78 so far and at least 15 of those people who added me are no longer on the site, or have changed their name. Either way, when I click on their names, I get a 'no such user' message.

Another feature I've just thought of while doing this post is perhaps having some kind of 'quote' option in the forums. Most forums have, on each post, a 'Quote' option which will show the post, or certain parts of, in a reply so everyone can see at a glance what you're referring to when replying to a specific post within a thread. I'm not doing a very good job of explaining what I mean!

Ooh, and another one!

It'd be really great if the textarea HTML tag was valid on journal/coven pages :-D

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
    Cancer
    Superior Sire (147)
    [ Give / Take ]
    18:46:47 Apr 28 2009
    Read 12,552 times

As a replacement for the div tag, I've added the textarea tag. Since the form tag is stripped, texarea is safe. It's been added to the allowed list for all members, so it should be available now.

•  REPLY  •

Lightningsking
    Lightningsking

No Longer Registered
    21:07:55 Apr 28 2009
    Read 12,532 times

1) I would like to have a way to just send a house message to my admin staff without sending it to the entire coven. like a masters message but only to my coven admin.

2) With all the houses and covens it is hard to find new members. Maybe a link to search profiles for members with no affiliation.

3) The unrated profiles button would be good to have.

•  REPLY  •

BLOODLIFE
    BLOODLIFE
    Venerable Sire (137)
    [ Give / Take ]
    11:38:38 Apr 29 2009
    Read 12,471 times

When it comes to adding friends I would love to see a request and accept button added along with a 'delete from friends list' too.
    How about making 'lurking' a feature that can be directed to certain members, instead of everyone?!

As it's been flogged here already I can only add that I too have many names on my ''friends list you are on'' who are no longer involved with VR. It makes it difficult to navigate through them to find the ones you want.

•  REPLY  •

TumorNamedMarla
    TumorNamedMarla
    Venerable Sire (135)
    [ Give / Take ]
    15:15:15 Apr 29 2009
    Read 12,455 times

The VR Store

~~ Maybe Iron Patches -- VR and Vampire Rave with the Bat

~~T-Shirt with the Bat in the Center with VR in a circle Below it.

•  REPLY  •

Kglitterous
    Kglitterous
    Sire (105)
    [ Give / Take ]

Member of House Eternal
    16:48:21 Apr 29 2009
    Read 12,450 times

This isn't really a code change... but it will take a lot of work that could be delegated out..

I'd like to see the book section have a few more subsections.

1.) Reference
    2.) Popular Fiction
    3.) Classic (ie Varny et al)
    4.) Trashy Romance
    5.) Sci Fi
    6.) Young Adult/Childrens
    7.) Games (V:TM etc)

Clearer Subdevisions may help in reducing all the duplicates in the Database.

•  REPLY  •

IveXtastedxthexrainbow
    IveXtastedxthexrainbow
    Premiere Sire (126)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Member of The House of La Bella Oscuridad
    Vampire Rave member for 15 years.
    18:42:36 Apr 29 2009
    Read 12,429 times

I know people would like to see a submit a coven page well I was thinking cancer maybe you could take the setup page that is already apart of the editing coven options and change the coding around to maybe have it as the submit a coven.

Change the fields that say change "" to sumbit ""

And add any additional fields you need from a sire.

Just a thought.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
    Cancer
    Superior Sire (147)
    [ Give / Take ]
    04:17:22 Apr 30 2009
    Read 12,382 times

I'll never change it so that you'd have to be logged in to view profiles, portfolios, or journals. That goes against my philosophy of Vampire Rave. These pages will always be fully viewable by the public. It's why we get so many 'anonymous' visitors. VR gets all kinds of search engine traffic that hits to these pages.

This is also why, blocking someone from viewing your pages is impossible.

•  REPLY  •

Abstract
    Abstract
    Premiere Sire (120)
    [ Give / Take ]

Member of House Eternal
    08:48:56 Apr 30 2009
    Read 12,339 times

Just a couple of things I wouldn't mind seeing.

• A quoting feature in the forums. That way we can just click and auto quote someones post that we are replying to directly.

• A status thing. Like so we can put our moods and it shows on our profiles. I just think this would be fun to have.

• Maybe implement a limit on how much crap someone chucks in their profile. For easier loading. I know I have an awesome connection and brand new computer, and half of the profiles here crash it. That can't be good for the server. D:

• A way to set up auto coding for when we make forum posts. I know PM's have the ability to use font changing codes in their posts. I was thinking so we can set it in our settings so that it automatically does it that color/font/ect.

That is all I have. :D

• •  REPLY  •

Lethargy
    Lethargy
    Sire (106)
    [ Give / Take ]
    13:22:33 Apr 30 2009
    Read 12,324 times

Hello Sir

With the rating the database i'm sure people are finding it a bit of a pain to go back to category menu. It would be nice if there was a "previous" and "next" button on the submission page. That way when they rate the entry they can just click next and it would go to the next one. This would save alot of time and could also be use for profiles and portfolios.

•  REPLY  •

ObsidianFury
    ObsidianFury
    Doppelganger (69)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
    18:51:19 Apr 30 2009
    Read 12,294 times

i like the idea of a VR Instant messaging program. like man of the other people have said alot of times one cant be logged in to vr bout would like to chat with friends online. and the other thing i think would like to see on VR is a way to maybe have a section of VR that is for 18 plus members.... but i am not really sure on how you would be able to code that one. but that is something i know i would like to see. i just find it kind of a pain in the ass talking to some one and then later have some one who turns to be under age. i know this is not a dating site that this is a site bout vampires and everything to do with them. but i know at times some of the older members can get some what crude with our humor and our other remarks that are made. i am just not sure how you would go about making that a workable idea.

•  REPLY  •

lordxofxwar
    lordxofxwar
    Premiere Sire (123)
    [ Give / Take ]
    20:40:40 Apr 30 2009
    Read 12,268 times

An 18+ part of VR can be accessed by people under the age of 18.... People lie to get into places like that and I believe it would cause more problems than good. I am not speaking for anyone but myself here, but if I owned and operated a website I would not want to take a risk and have an 18+ year old section. The site becomes responsible for it then... Plus there is no way to tell that a person that is saying they are 18 or up aren't really 13-17 unless they was honest and lets be honest not all 13-17 year olds are going to say that they was lying and they are only 13-17...

My two cents again

•  REPLY  •

Vampirewitch39
    Vampirewitch39
    Royal Sire (208)
    Honor: 75,626
    [ Give / Take ]
    The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
    01:44:45 May 01 2009
    Read 12,232 times

May I address the issue of profile/portfolio/ journal suspensions?

As a member I understand the ease of which the members bypass the notice on the welcome page that explains the suspension (first page loaded when you log in). Heck- I bypass it all the time myself.

To keep the members informed better can we please have the notice of the suspension sent as a private message? Yes- I know we could send each and every member who has an issue a private message, but we can not track those who answer us back, who made the changes and for many other reasons private messages do not work on a one on one case.

Suspensions are used for a reason and I have no problem with the system per say- but I do believe a message with the notice/reason of the suspension would help us all.

Thank you for asking the members of your site for input- shows what kind of person is running the place.

•  REPLY  •

Jens
    Jens
    Premiere Sire (121)
    [ Give / Take ]
    02:14:36 May 01 2009
    Read 12,223 times

More for æsthetics than anything, how much trouble would it be to allow the use of .PNG files in both society list pages. Currently only .JPG format is able to display on said pages, yet when I accidentally used .PNG, the crest only appears on the actual society main page.

It would be nice if our crests could have transparent backgrounds rather than a black rectangle or square.

The same would apply for the representation, although if you take my coven's rep as an example, for some reason it works as a .JPG with a transparent background... weird, but good for my needs. :)

•  REPLY  •

vHellsGuardianv
    vHellsGuardianv
    Arch Sire (199)
    Honor: 173
    [ Give / Take ]
    The House of Nocturnal Retribution is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Nocturnal Retribution
    03:18:21 May 01 2009
    Read 12,214 times

Meant to say this on earlier, but what I wouild like to see is being able to use CSS in our portfolios. Not sure how many changes to the coding would be necessary for that but it would be nice to see. In short, make it as skinnable as our profiles themselves.

•  REPLY  •

08:39:23 May 01 2009
    Read 12,194 times

We used to be able to skin portfolios, but it caused copyright issues as people were using web images as backgrounds and things. I think that's the reason it was stopped.

I agree with Jens, having transparent GIFs or PNGs allowed as crests (and perhaps even avatars) would be great.

A VR IM would probably be a hassle, but what about an option to open chatrooms in a separate window? Sort of like you can with the shoutbox, but smaller and real-time updating?

•  REPLY  •

VivaVendetta
    VivaVendetta
    Hellhound (70)
    [ Give / Take ]

Member of House Eternal
    09:01:17 May 01 2009
    Read 12,187 times

I'd love it if we could choose how much of a message thread gets sent with each new one. When you're having a long conversation with someone it can get confusing scrolling through tons of past messages. If you're talking to more than one person at the same time it's even worse :-D

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
    Cancer
    Superior Sire (147)
    [ Give / Take ]
    17:27:42 May 01 2009
    Read 12,165 times

Regarding a VR instant messenger:

I have no plans to implement something like this. I feel VR's message center and chat system are adequate enough. Premium members can easily use VR's chat system to start a group, multi-user chat.

I know IM systems are for quick easy messages, but as for right now, I feel there are more than enough 'resources' out there to get this done.

Jens:

There's a reason that only JPG files are currently allowed. There is code in place that resizes the Society crest. This resizing function only works with JPG files. If I were to allow PNG uploads, you wouldn't get the smaller crests that appear on the House/Coven list pages. I didn't write this code, it's a GD library.. So until they update it to include PNG support, no PNG uploads..

All representation files are suppose to have a pixel solid-color border, so transparency isn't really an issue there. Regarding the mark, maybe I'll eventually allow transparency.

Impala:

I implemented forced message quoting to force consistency throughout the Dark Network. Although it can be a bit of a hassle with a very long message thread, the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks. Many people would never message quote, and you'd get responses.. And depending on the volume of messages you receive, you may be left scratching your head wondering, "What is this message about?"

•  REPLY  •

Jens
    Jens
    Premiere Sire (121)
    [ Give / Take ]
    03:05:49 May 02 2009
    Read 12,114 times

I almost forgot to mention something I've been thinking of for quite a while now.

If Cancer would like to get more members go LIFETIME PM, he could find unique abilities that only LIFETIMERS would have. Perhaps like the ability to moderate their own forum threads or to have special HTML codes they could use on their profiles... or special Lifer Marks (not for status, just display)... etc etc. It's Cancer's prerogative of course to choose a Lifer's benefits if he likes the idea.

If this gets more people to buy lifetime memberships, that means more money for VR and to future site enhancements.

•  REPLY  •

Wolvie
    Wolvie
    Venerable Sire (131)
    [ Give / Take ]
    09:19:11 May 02 2009
    Read 12,088 times

It would be nice to have a search on the database main page that would search the entire database at once so if you are searching for something that you are not sure which category it belongs you don't have to search each one individually.

•  REPLY  •

BLOODLIFE
    BLOODLIFE
    Venerable Sire (137)
    [ Give / Take ]
    10:21:36 May 02 2009
    Read 12,083 times

I thought we had that search facility ..

I just bought a ladies T-shirt for my daughter but I was confused by the S. M. L. labels for size.
    Could we perhaps have a better size indicator keeping in mind the USA and UK are not the same.

•  REPLY  •

IveXtastedxthexrainbow
    IveXtastedxthexrainbow
    Premiere Sire (126)
    [ Give / Take ]
    16:13:52 May 02 2009
    Read 12,071 times

DarkWolfman is correct about not having 150 bucks just laying around that we could drop but a lot of us would love to become a lifetime member. I know I would.

Could there be a way to keep track of how much a premium member pays to there membership when they renew and just keep adding the total until it reaches 150 than grant them with a lifetime when it reaches the specified amount?

I think it sounds like a good idea but I can also see how much of an extra hassle it would be for you cancer. Let me know.

•  REPLY  •

Wolvie
    Wolvie
    Venerable Sire (131)
    [ Give / Take ]
    17:23:03 May 02 2009
    Read 12,062 times

To make lostinpa's suggestion a little more feasible how about an installment plan if you pay by credit card of 6 monthly payments of $25 ea. and the benefits don't begin until the payments are complete.

I also liked the suggestion of maybe a few perks even if they are superfluous for being a lifetime member, like maybe a couple extra coding options for your profile and or an extra title that would be added to your status title like say putting Pure Blood in front of the name for your current level. Since as you level up your ratings carry more weight would it be difficult to make it where lifetime members carry a little more weight?

•  REPLY  •

Jens
    Jens
    Premiere Sire (121)
    [ Give / Take ]
    17:52:47 May 02 2009
    Read 12,055 times

A Lifetime PM once got you a lot more. Now it just gets you Cancer's mark (with 10% status bonus) and no expiry of your PM. Which is why I made my initial suggestion in the first place. There is no real incentive anymore for people to get a Lifetime PM, it would seem.

The site cannot operate on ads alone, the more money we can get to VR the better the experience will be for all of us. I do realize there are children and adults with fixed or limited incomes on here and $150 is a considerable amount to dish out. And I certainly do agree that an installment plan is a great idea.

:)

•  REPLY  •

Jens
    Jens
    Premiere Sire (121)
    [ Give / Take ]
    18:43:45 May 02 2009
    Read 12,044 times

That just got me thinking of something.

What about a place in VR where members can donate small amounts, like $5, $10, $20 to a fund that permits those less fortunate on VR to help get PMs. I would donate to this, so that a single mother with dependent children, or a guy who recently lost his job or a young child who isn't of working age, could all apply to get PMs. Of course Cancer would have to appoint a Regent maybe to look into each case to determine validity to prevent fraud, but I feel it is a way for VR members who have to help those other VR members who do not. :)

•  REPLY  •

CuRsEdToDaRkNeSs
    CuRsEdToDaRkNeSs
    High Sire (150)
    Honor: 18,874
    [ Give / Take ]
    20:34:30 May 02 2009
    Read 12,025 times

Well, I have a suggestion I have not yet seen so I will go ahead and add my thoughts.

The ability for non premi members to have premi access when updating a house/coven page. A few of my members are not premium but are admins, or in charge of a page and every time they want to work on their page the coding of course is all messed up because they are not premium. The ability for them to work on the society pages without causing coding issues due to their premi non premi status would be aces.

The ratings from profiles that no longer exist to be deleted and not counted would be good as well. I can think of a few times Ive been rated a one by someone that just simply came on to create trouble, then they end up banned or self deleting and I am stuck with the rate. It would be similar in concept to the friends dropping of the friends lists once a self delete has happened, except it would be the rating they gave you that would drop off whether it be good or a bad rate.

I love Jens idea for making another type of society, but I will say this much. Perhaps it would not be a good idea to change a already existing coven into a different type of society. I am not sure of the other masters, but I for one have many graphics created for my coven that include the word coven..... that would be ALOT of work to change, and as much as I love my VR time... real life is not going to allow me to change all these things. It may not be that way for the others but that's from my personal standpoint.

I also agree that the option for a society master to send out messages JUST to their admins or even being more specific to a certain type of admin is a very good idea as well.

I really like the idea of voice chat as well. It would allow the societies to encourage more activity and allow members to have a proper conversation.

•  REPLY  •

Kglitterous
    Kglitterous
    Sire (105)
    [ Give / Take ]

Member of House Eternal
    23:03:09 May 02 2009
    Read 11,995 times

How about instead of saying Premium Member in Red it says "Immortal," if you are a lifetime member... LOL.

I was told a couple of years ago that a lifetime membership doesn't always get you Cancers mark... but that it was one of the paths to it.
    Am I mistaken, is it really so cheap to get...?

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
    Cancer
    Superior Sire (147)
    [ Give / Take ]
    23:12:09 May 02 2009
    Read 11,992 times

I don't want this thread too get off topic, but there has never been a policy that buying a lifetime membership gets you my mark. I have my own criteria for marking members. I mark members that I feel greatly support Vampire Rave. Some of these are lifetime members. Some are not.

•  REPLY  •

eavanya
    eavanya
    Necromancer (96)
    [ Give / Take ]

02:16:35 May 03 2009
    Read 11,977 times

Have discussed this idea with a few people who thought it was a good idea, but may be impossible to implement...

If and when a vampire is sent to somewhere like, oh lets say, Purgatory.. Because they were kicked from their previous Coven due to causing trouble etc... Is it possible to place some kind of restrictions on these members? Like limiting positing, no rating and commenting on profiles. Basically jailing them until their behaviour is deemed to have improved. Consequences for their actions?

•  REPLY  •

Artume
    Artume
    Enchanter (80)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Member of The Coven of Purgatory
    06:55:30 May 03 2009
    Read 11,959 times

I have read through this entire thread and must say that the suggestions thus far are very well brought.

But, there is one thing that may be good for the entire Rave: When answering messages, the reply box is open and the message that is being replied to is underneath the box.

My suggestion would be to incorporate this procedure into the threads reply box as well. So members do not loose their train of thought and have to go back to the thread itself to remember what they were replying to.

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
    RaggedyAndy
    Sire (101)
    [ Give / Take ]
    16:55:06 May 03 2009
    Read 11,932 times

I would like to be able to Approve/Deny other Members from automatically adding me to their Friend's List or to be able to remove myself from the Friend's Lists of others.

On my own Friend's list I have a total of 17 people; the count of those who have me on their list, at the moment, is 82 and I have no idea who 3/4's of them are. :)

•  REPLY  •

MysticalWench
    MysticalWench
    Great Sire (111)
    [ Give / Take ]
    01:46:37 May 05 2009
    Read 11,840 times

Personally, I believe there needs to be a better way to get the Prince's mark. Like maybe entering so many items into the database, or so many favors in a coven or something a little more fair then whom he see's fit... To me thats just too biased... IMO. I will admit I did something here that I shouldn't have and got caught but I learned my lesson. That one thing probably caused me to never get one, because I have noticed forgive and forget is not a big thing here. Maybe give it to people who have reached level 28, and numerous other things to help VR. Again, this is just my opinion so don't bite my head off.

Also, get the unrated option to work when viewing profiles, because its not easy to go through all 10,900+ to get all the people that updated their profiles after you went through them all already...

•  REPLY  •

13:07:23 May 05 2009
    Read 11,799 times

I've always wondered why there are automatic carriage returns used on VR, and if it would be too mush hassle to turn these off? Most of the time it's easier but it can be a bit of a nightmare sometimes; especially in society pages when you try to space the CSS out for other users and end up with a long blank space under your text. Would it be possible to implement the paragraph tag instead of auto-br?

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
    Cancer
    Superior Sire (147)
    [ Give / Take ]
    21:12:58 May 07 2009
    Read 11,690 times

Eavanya,

In short, no. Rating profiles, posting, etc. have nothing to do with the Society System.

Darkwolfman,

It's not very feasible. These files are oftentimes linked from outside of Vampire Rave, places I have no control over.

PsiVampire,

This will never happen. I set VR up from the start so that approvals for Friend Lists are not required. This is a vampire site. Vampires don't ask for permission.

MysticalWench,

How I choose to mark is my own business. I have marked *many* members that are not lifetime members. It is a misconception that being a lifetime member guarantees you a mark.

DJJarak,

If you edit your Profile over at SciFi Section, you'll see it has a different interface. In time, I may be able to develop something similar for VR.

Maledicta,

Without the conversion of newlines to html breaks, it would require Dark Network members to insert the html [br] code for every line break. That would get old very fast.

There are a few cases where this code causes problems, like if you're setting up tables and using carriage returns to space code.. But in these minor cases you just need to compact the code.

Overall, this is far more beneficial than detrimental.

•  REPLY  •

BLOODLIFE
    BLOODLIFE
    Venerable Sire (137)
    [ Give / Take ]
    15:26:35 May 08 2009
    Read 11,656 times

When the needs arrives to edit a members post it would be great to have the ability to 'move' that post too, similar to what you can do with a thread. Right now we can only delete or edit the text in a post.

•  REPLY  •

Abstract
    Abstract
    Premiere Sire (120)
    [ Give / Take ]

Member of House Eternal
    21:17:42 May 08 2009
    Read 11,635 times

Did you guys not read Cancers response?

This will never happen. I set VR up from the start so that approvals for Friend Lists are not required. This is a vampire site. Vampires don't ask for permission.

He will never set friends list up this way. So there is no point of suggesting something that won't happen.

I was wondering if PM's could have an option to set up separate CSS for their journals. Right now having to put it in each section every month gets a bit tiring. Even if it only gets implemented on Bloody Feather, it would be pretty nice. :)

•  REPLY  •

09:09:49 May 11 2009
    Read 11,493 times

Let's start small: A small amount of storage for the house/coven masters to use for society graphics/files.

Let's go big!
    I would alter the Societies. I had always felt it would make the task of monitoring all of the Covens easier if each coven were affiliated with/sponsored by a house chosen by the CovenMaster during creation. If A Master Vamp had access into the covens under his/her control it would add a bit of stability that most covens on their own don't seem to have. This isn't for creative control, but it would solidify the hierarchy. Of course, a percent of the favor generated in the coven would go to the house it belonged to and if/when a coven dissolves the balance of the favor would go to the house. A House would also have the ability to pass favor to Covens under their sponsorship allowing them to build a favor base for trades, ect..

And Cancer, my Prince, Please don't tell me this is impossible, because I know you have mad skills.

I also am aware of the reaction that this will cause the Coven Masters.. But I'm good with it:)

•  REPLY  •

cherryblossom
    cherryblossom
    Superior Sire (145)
    [ Give / Take ]
    19:24:09 May 11 2009
    Read 11,470 times

What about an application process for becoming a Sentoran, Dominair, or Procurator?

similar to becoming an acolyte but not as "simple"?

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
    LadyChordewa
    Superior Sire (140)
    [ Give / Take ]
    The House of Umbrae Octo is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Umbrae Octo
    20:01:18 May 11 2009
    Read 11,463 times

Is it possible to have a search feature for your own journal and for sent messages?

There have been times, I wanted to re-post something from my journal and end up searching.....or needing to remember something I accidentally deleted after I sent it (several weeks ago).

•  REPLY  •

DMZ
    DMZ
    Illusionist (78)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Member of Hell (Coven)
    02:40:27 May 12 2009
    Read 11,432 times

there cant be a app process for any of the other jobs here on the rave because it isn't up to anymore to decide who get those jobs except for the prince Mr. C is the only one who is promoted to what jobs that are on the dark network sites period. When it comes to Acolytes I refer to them as Junior Asst Helpers on the dark network sites and nothing more than that. It wouldn't make any sense to have a test to become any other position on the rave and other dark network sites as cancer is the only one who makes the choice in that department of things.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
    LadyChordewa
    Superior Sire (140)
    [ Give / Take ]

03:46:26 May 12 2009
    Read 11,425 times

Just so you know...Part of the job of an Acolyte, is to know the Terms of Service, the F.A.Q's and the VR Manual, to be able to answer any question that comes along.

Cancer only chooses his Admins from the Acolytes. This way, he knows who has a good grasp of how his site is run and the rules on the site.

•  REPLY  •

cherryblossom
    cherryblossom
    Superior Sire (145)
    [ Give / Take ]
    15:05:43 May 12 2009
    Read 11,386 times

Sab didn't Cancer creat the Position of Regent so that they can help monitor the covens?

Peacekeeper and Regent

On most Dark Network sites these positions are the same. On Vampire Rave, these positions have different powers. A Peacekeeper is known as a Master Vampire on Vampire Rave. Master Vampires run Vampire Rave Houses. Vampire Rave Regents administer Vampire Rave Covens. Each are appointed by The Prince.

and what I meant about the application to become a procurator, sentoran, dominar. I know some are afraid to even try to get a position when they probably would be a ton of help. This site is ever growing. Wouldn't it make it easier on Cancer if there was a way that people, who think they would be good for the position AND have been an acolyte for about 4-6 months(so they know the ropes inside and out), were able to prove they can do the job. All just by filling out an application and/or taking a quiz(like to become and acolyte).

•  REPLY  •

16:28:32 May 12 2009
    Read 11,375 times

The Regents position wouldn't change. I'm suggesting that tying the houses and coven together would be able to add another aspect to the societies in addition to easing the 'us & them' mentality between houses and covens.

Perhaps it would be possible to play some of the games (like 5x5) for small amounts of favor against another coven in the same house group allowing for favor generation again.

Perhaps we could come up with a list of 'perks' that a house's favor could be spent on. Example- 1 month of a premium membership would be worth so much favor. A way for Master Vamps to reward house/coven members for whatever reason (contests, exceptional activity, etc.)
    This would enhance the economy of the societies beyond trade. Favor would disappear instead of just shifting places.

•  REPLY  •

CuRsEdToDaRkNeSs
    CuRsEdToDaRkNeSs
    High Sire (150)
    [ Give / Take ]
    21:54:40 May 12 2009
    Read 11,355 times

Sorry Sab, I'm not so crazy about this idea. Not just because I am a coven master, but because I think it would cause many covens to close. The point for many coven masters to become a coven master was to get out of a house/coven, and create what they think the ideal atmosphere for their members. It would cause a feeling of still being in the same atmosphere as a house. Many people sire up so that they have the option of being unaffiliated if they choose to be, and if the covens were a part of a house with a master vampire they had to answer to so to say, it would take that very freedom from the coven masters. If a coven master only wanted to be affiliated with their coven, they would have to delete their coven to escape it. Not to mention it wouldn't be very fair to the covens in existence already as that was not a stipulation when they began. If another type of group were to come about and it be see fit to do with that type of society at least they would know upon creation that was the way it is before they started.

Now on a more personal note... I prefer my coven to be mostly private, I enjoy it that way, and so do my members. You will notice I don't have many members and there is a reason for that ( I am picky) I do not just go out and grab every caitiff that I can find. I do not like other covens/houses to see within my coven because my ideas are my ideas, and if a Master Vampire had access to see my covens contents it would take that privacy away from my coven, which is I think in part why the regents are unaffiliated. I mean I know that's not like the huge overall reason and it would only play a almost invisible bit in the regents title, but none the less they do not have a society to go back and use other ideas from other covens/houses or a coven to play favorites to.

As is the regents are over all the covens and they are doing a wonderful job. I think its fair that if you start a coven you should work your way to where you want to be with members, favor, etc.... its part of the experience, and it also helps weed out those who will last and those that will not. If a sire doesn't have what it takes to keep it afloat then it sinks, which is how it is with us all in anything we do.

Overall, what I am saying in this very mixed up and most likely confusing post is that I agree with CB on this one.... I think this should stay a job for the regents and only the regents. I for one feel I have earned my right to be a sire and coven master without having to answer or depend on anyone else to hold my hand in running my coven. If I need help with something I am perfectly capable of asking for it without having it forced upon me.

Not trying to anger anyone, just giving my opinion on the subject, nothing more.

•  REPLY  •

DeenaElyse
    DeenaElyse
    Carnal Creature (56)
    [ Give / Take ]

16:30:40 May 13 2009
    Read 11,282 times

I actually agree with Sabastian's idea, however, alot of you coven masters have raised some very good points as well. As I was reading back through the posts that people have made in this thread, I came across a proposal made by Jens:
    "1) A third tier of societies.
    With the current number of covens getting kind of out of hand, a third tier of societies (my proposal: Tribes) would allow a society master to choose between two types of societies... or maybe not... might be Cancer's prerogative as to which coven becomes a tribe. :)"

Maybe, instead of using the existing covens, or any future covens in Sabastian's idea...Cancer could some how incorporate Jens' idea with Sabastian's. You know, create a third type of society that is monitored/affiliated with a house. I'm not really sure about any qualifications that should be necessary in creating a "tribe"...maybe if that option was allowed, people who weren't sure about how stable their coven's could be would be more interested in having a tribe that is affiliated with a more stable society [a house].
    Maybe it's a bad idea lol...but I tried.

•  REPLY  •

Vampirewitch39
    Vampirewitch39
    Royal Sire (208)
    Honor: 75,626
    [ Give / Take ]

14:42:18 May 14 2009
    Read 11,195 times

Ok- I got one. How about a limit on the use of stamps in the main forum? I am not talking about the Happy Birthdays and Congrats stamps- but the ones from Coven/House masters when they post? Really any stamp other then the Happy whatever threads.

I mean… I don’t want to see all those flashy pictures, dividers, who you are dating and true love is, the position you hold on the site, your favorite society, what the color of your underwear is after you wash it with pink socks.

It is a forum- not a freaking stamp showcase. We put up with them in comment boxes because we have to but on the main forum? Speak your opinion without all the pictures.

Just saying... :)

•  REPLY  •

Zom
    Zom

No Longer Registered
    14:59:27 May 14 2009
    Read 11,192 times

There could be a special stamp page section in the profile. Just like the click on the portfolio and the click on the journal sections.

•  REPLY  •

vHellsGuardianv
    vHellsGuardianv
    Arch Sire (199)
    [ Give / Take ]

23:26:16 May 14 2009
    Read 11,163 times

Ok, how about my take on the whole Master Vamp/Sire relationship for the house/coven sponsorship idea.

Instead of a Master Vamp being in control of a coven, have it be an advisory role. A Sire has earned the right to stand a lone as they leveled up, and that's why one can't be force-inducted anymore. Wit that said, more or less someone to speak to considering how to deal with a member, trades or possibly even how to go about certain systems incorporated in the coven. Not so much a controller, but someone to offer advice.

•  REPLY  •

CarnelianMyst
    CarnelianMyst
    Sire (100)
    [ Give / Take ]
    00:51:23 May 15 2009
    Read 11,147 times

How about, under your name, gender, age, location info, a listing of your other profiles with a link to them?

Or, how about a section somewhere listing those who changed their user name recently? I look around for people I used to chat with and can't find them, and don't know if they changed their user name or self deleted.

•  REPLY  •

Jens
    Jens
    Premiere Sire (121)
    [ Give / Take ]
    00:57:03 May 15 2009
    Read 11,142 times

I just thought of this idea because of some "petty bickering" in the Master Message area recently.

To help keep the master message section clear, would it be possible for a special VR page to be created where society masters can post a member for trade so that the trade will stay visible to all masters interested and once the trade transaction is made it would be removed from the page... That way only those interested in a trade need be involved. Currently I feel there are many admins and others who such trade requests in the master-message do not apply to and just clutter their system-in-boxes. :)

•  REPLY  •

DMZ
    DMZ
    Illusionist (78)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Member of Hell (Coven)
    08:57:43 May 15 2009
    Read 11,116 times

when it comes a page about all members that could be traded I think it could up to a person who could create a forum page or use a universal page for every coven and house member that needed to be traded. It should list why this person wants to be person and what other places that person would prefer to be traded too. Kinda like fantasy baseball.q

•  REPLY  •

Revenous
    Revenous

No Longer Registered
    13:34:34 May 15 2009
    Read 11,102 times

Maybe hall of achievements something influence people to write and subscribe it to a mini competiotion, like perhaps ; best poem of the month or best story of the month or best quote of the mont with rating system going all along for a month and that is the judge.. Sound cool or battle of the covens where we can bring some art from each coven house to compete for the hall of fame of that month, you know little stuff that influence creativity withing the members of the covens and their family.. Can it be pictures or chess competiion or w.e a little dynamism and innovation..and even the prince and master vampire can be judges to.. Just an idea..

•  REPLY  •

CuRsEdToDaRkNeSs
    CuRsEdToDaRkNeSs
    High Sire (150)
    [ Give / Take ]
    18:19:24 May 15 2009
    Read 11,085 times

You know Jens that is really an aces idea... to add to it just a thought and it may perhaps not be possible, but...

What about a separate forum for the masters and admins on the site to use for trades, questions, etc... BUT you can only see the section of the forums that apply to you... such as..... I am a dominar and a coven master, so I would be able to have access to the masters, dominars, (and possibly acolytes section so that if the acolytes have questions as a former acolyte I may be able to help them), (that goes for all admins not just me per say) sections of the forum.... this may also be good for the acolytes, because then if they have a repeat question they can post it in their section of the forum and others can reference back to it..... I mean this could help us all with things... I love having the message option but I think that should be more for things of major importance.... if that makes sense...

It would be a good way for all the masters, admins, and acolytes to be able to reference back to things... of course more for the dominars to work on but I don't mind that because I feel it really could be beneficial to everyone if it is even possible to do.

•  REPLY  •

CryingMist
    CryingMist
    Royal Sire (212)
    [ Give / Take ]
    19:26:10 May 16 2009
    Read 11,018 times

About the sponsor suggestion, I do not like the idea of a Master Vampire controlling my coven, I know a few HM in person, they are awesome people and great persons, also wonderful adviser, when I need advice and feel trap in a decision, I consult them.

I am never disappointed, they never "control or force" me to chose their solution or suggestions, they give me free will, that is respect. A system that they would be attach to a coven as a mentor, adviser and teacher or counselor that is great.

If there was technologically a way to make some sort of access for HM to view without interfering, other then messaging the CM to suggest or assist I agree.

Like in vampire society I highly doubt one has to hand over their "earnings" to another, that would be more the style of lycans to have to bring to another "clan" their share, or payment for protection, I think vampire is not lycan or mafia.

Maybe also that a CM would be allowed to view the way a house works, access to House message, House forum, news ect, but no access to modifying, only to view, so it would be a good tutorial to help out making covens more equip to work greatly and long living like houses.

Sort of a "eye in the house but silent"

My 2 cents.

•  REPLY  •

Fizbop
    Fizbop
    Superior Sire (140)
    Honor: 168
    [ Give / Take ]

17:53:47 May 17 2009
    Read 10,971 times

I'd like to branch off of Sabastions Idea, by if the coven wants to be Affiliated to the house, that it's tagged as Sabastion suggested. I like his idea but think it should be that if the coven wants to be affiliated with the house it should be possible to do so.

I always wanted to do that myself when I was running stone guardians to be affiliated with Umbre, I think if that had happened I would have rethought my termination of the coven.

•  REPLY  •

CryingMist
    CryingMist
    Royal Sire (212)
    [ Give / Take ]
    18:02:04 May 18 2009
    Read 10,900 times

Premium pays for extra, if we start loosing the extras and the non premium gets them, there would be no , (no offense intended here, I am french speaker) real worth reason to spend money on a website, no matter how much we love it.

Personally I hand out premiums to my coven members are reward, serving 2 goals: help VR and motivate members.

So my suggestion, is why not have like, once a month or year, a yearly premium handed over to those who work hard on vr and do not have one yet.

Also Fiz, I do not mind being ask to affiliate with a House, I just feel uncomfortable become a "servant" to a house. Again I apologies if I offended anyone, it is not my goal.

I think houses are great and Master Vampires can really help covens to become as great, a teacher can teach and help its student learn, but a good teach will not command or do the work for the student, the teacher will be a mentor and guide.

One way this would be possible is also for example:: all Master Vampire get a second profile, called (suggestion) Coven Master Counselor, and be in a coven having all access to guide, but not do the work in the place of the CM.

Just my suggestion, and before I forgot, I love this place!!! with its up and down. Makes like more alive.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
    LadyChordewa
    Superior Sire (140)
    [ Give / Take ]

19:13:14 May 18 2009
    Read 10,886 times

I have a suggestion, that will help with making rating the database and Member articles smoother.

Is it possible to have a "Next" button on each item?

So, you can bring up the first item under Books. Instead of going back and hitting another item. You can simply hit next and continue rating.

It might be a coding nightmare, but it would help, I think.

•  REPLY  •

Abstract
    Abstract
    Premiere Sire (120)
    [ Give / Take ]

Member of House Eternal
    21:03:37 May 18 2009
    Read 10,876 times

For the record...The only real difference in a House and Coven is that the mark of the master is worth more and the House can't just up and go "poof" randomly.

They have the same features, same forum style, same way to make pages, ect.

I do like the idea of affiliating Covens with Houses, but it would cause too much drama since there are going to be those Coven Masters that want to fly solo.

Could we possibly get a "Preview Post" button for the forums?

That way we can make sure things like links, pictures, ect work before posting. :)

•  REPLY  •

MooniePie
    MooniePie
    Royal Sire (226)
    Honor: 40
    [ Give / Take ]
    01:45:42 May 19 2009
    Read 10,849 times

A couple questions about Covens:

1. Is there ever going to be a max amount for how many Covens are opened?

2. Is there going to me limitations in the future of how many times a person can open a Coven after it has disbanded?

•  REPLY  •

vamplez
    vamplez
    High Sire (154)
    [ Give / Take ]
    06:45:17 May 19 2009
    Read 10,833 times

I was wondering if there would be a way to add a new level above Sire. I know there are Master Vampires and other things but I would like to see something like if you double or triple the requirements for Sire there would be another designation as you go up higher with more prestige. As the site gets older there are so many Sires, I think there are almost 200 now, I just think it would be cool to have something else to strive for even if it was really hard to achieve.
    And perhaps in the future making it a requirement to be perhaps a level 2 Sire to start a coven instead of just being a Sire. Perhaps that would control the mass numbers of new covens. We could allow regular Sires that already have a coven to keep their coven with a grandfather clause.

•  REPLY  •

07:48:06 May 19 2009
    Read 10,823 times

I've always wanted to see a 'preview profile' option - when you're editing your profile it would be so helpful to be able to see what it looks like before making the changes live!

•  REPLY  •

vHellsGuardianv
    vHellsGuardianv
    Arch Sire (199)
    [ Give / Take ]

18:06:16 May 19 2009
    Read 10,801 times

Personally I believe the limitation to how many covens should be open at once should not exist- I like a few others are trying to reach Sire just so one can be formed under our names. Takes away a reason to work for it, if you know what I mean. Also, I believe that administration should only deny the opening of a coven if the Sire in question has his coven disbanded for him instead of disbanding for whatever other reason.

•  REPLY  •

SilenceKills
    SilenceKills
    Banshee (72)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Member of Hell (Coven)
    03:14:18 May 20 2009
    Read 10,768 times

I would love to see a "forward" and "back" button when browsing profiles, ports or the data base. It honestly would help with the computer freezing up :)

Or along those lines, have the option of picking what page your going to view. 1 to whatever the last page me be at that time. It becomes chaotic when you're trying to figure out the last person you rated, and then you have to keep hitting next until you reach that last rate. I know there are MANY of members on VR but it's something to think about.

Also, I love the idea of being able to see who I haven't rated as of yet. I noticed that the code is being worked and I feel that it would nice to have that option.

Lastly, I've been reading the previous posts and I really like the idea of having a bit more incentive. I paid my membership for a year and will continue to do so, but I've noticed that many of the newbies aren't buying the membership. There has to be some sort of proactive thought here.

(TY Cancer, you are doing a great job and respect is due to him by all)

•  REPLY  •

Lethargy
    Lethargy
    Sire (106)
    [ Give / Take ]
    02:24:45 May 22 2009
    Read 10,676 times

Would it be possible to have a 2nd rating stamp. So i have a choice on which stamp i use when i rate a profile. This would save me cut and pasting.

•  REPLY  •

Fizbop
    Fizbop
    Superior Sire (140)
    [ Give / Take ]

06:05:57 May 22 2009
    Read 10,623 times

Move the polls to be able to be commented on in the forums. Including adding a house/coven only poll.

•  REPLY  •

MsSanguinarius
    MsSanguinarius
    Superior Sire (146)
    Honor: 388
    [ Give / Take ]
    The House of Lunazure is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Lunazure
    17:50:53 May 22 2009
    Read 10,598 times

I am sure this has been suggested but in case it hasn't, perhaps we could have a search engine in place for searching profile by city, state and/or country, for those who actually put in their real location, those people who do would show up in the search. Have this feature be a perk or premium members only.

Also for a smaller suggestion, I was thinking optional signatures we can check and add to any of our forum posts, I have seen this on other forums on other sites. Where you can have a quote that's automatically posts along with your forum posts. Instead of a quote, members may choose to put there affiliation, like I could put: Assistant House Master of House Lunazure , for example.

•  REPLY  •

SireZombie
    SireZombie

No Longer Registered
    03:14:06 May 23 2009
    Read 10,568 times

Ok this may sound crazy yet is there a way that when we are rating things that it could actually put down the amt. of time we spent on the page.. :)

I mean I wonder if people actually take time to read what is on every single profile. I mean I admit some profiles are long and I find myself skipping down to read something else on the profile and not reading the whole thing.

I know, you would like to know why it matters. Well if someone is not on for a reasonable time as to read the profile , then maybe I would want to change it up and to see if I can actually catch someones attention as to what I put up...

I kNow crazy idea.. but, hey if you do not ask then you will not ever know...

•  REPLY  •

Lethargy
    Lethargy
    Sire (106)
    [ Give / Take ]
    05:06:29 May 24 2009
    Read 10,512 times

Alot of covens do test pages and i was wondering if its possible to have a setting so only my Acm's and Detail Master would only be able to view the page?

•  REPLY  •

Fizbop
    Fizbop
    Superior Sire (140)
    [ Give / Take ]

04:33:42 May 25 2009
    Read 10,444 times

An exception to the roll about photos in the Portfolio. If they are your kids I feel that we should be able to have them in the pictures uploaded as well even if they are professional done. They are still our kids.

*imagesinwords edit*

A portfolio is a personal body of work, meaning what you put their is your personal work. They might be your children, but the photography is not your work (you didn't take the picture, and you did not model/pose for the picture). Your VR portfolio is not just a 'photo album'. You can put pictures of your children on your profile and journal. That being said, there could be no change like this that you are suggesting for portfolios, it would contradict what a portfolio is.

An even better solution, is to take pictures of your kids yourself... and upload those.

•  REPLY  •

Lethargy
    Lethargy
    Sire (106)
    [ Give / Take ]
    06:32:44 May 25 2009
    Read 10,416 times

Okay for the whole portfolio thing. Why not give a choice to either have a portfolio or a photo album. A member could only pick one option though. And each one would have it's own set of rules and guidelines.

•  REPLY  •

10:31:37 May 25 2009
    Read 10,402 times

That's a damn good idea. I know lots of people who don't want to overload their profiles or journals with pictures, but can't have them in their portfolio because of the rules. but I think it should be in addition to a port, not an alternative - why not make it a premium feature, to have a port AND a photo album if the member wants to?

Another suggestion I've just come up with when making a coven trade; it'd be handy if, on the trade page, instead of having to type in the member's name, you could select it from a drop-down box like you can the coven name. It's not a major hassle but if you spell the name wrong it slows you down somewhat :-)

•  REPLY  •

BLOODLIFE
    BLOODLIFE
    Venerable Sire (137)
    [ Give / Take ]
    18:35:05 May 27 2009
    Read 10,302 times

As a CM, I get curious as to who has viewed my coven's pages.
    Is it at all possible to have something like we have for profiles to see the last ten, maybe only viewable to the CM?

•  REPLY  •

birra
    birra
    Venerable Sire (130)
    Honor: 20
    [ Give / Take ]

18:35:40 May 28 2009
    Read 10,253 times

I would just like to see the "Sort by: unrated" option finally work site-wide.

But... I'm sure that is in the works.

•  REPLY  •

TumorNamedMarla
    TumorNamedMarla
    Venerable Sire (135)
    [ Give / Take ]
    22:55:04 May 28 2009
    Read 10,241 times

Im sure it would be too much work but what if PM's had a secondary profile page...where they could place other details about them.Instead of filling their pages with scroll boxes or placing it in the journal for people to search for.Yes I know they can buy another PM but...one is enough for me.

With a link at the bottom of the main profile...just a thought.

•  REPLY  •

LordVerbal
    LordVerbal
    Great Sire (116)
    [ Give / Take ]
    12:40:03 Jun 01 2009
    Read 10,140 times

I'm lovin the Tribe idea, awesome Jens...

Having something new to work for period is the greatest proposal I've seen.

It would be awesome if there were a new level.

I don't know how feasible this might be, but maybe there could be a way for houses and covens to lay a claim on new members before they reach level 5, it would still be first come first serve but the member couldnt be snatched suddenly before another coven could get them, in other words if I had a coven and had my eyes on a particular member for induction when they get to level 5 there should be some way to reserve them so someone dont steal them while im logged out.
    probably a stupid idea, but i hear grief about this constantly.

•  REPLY  •

Lethargy
    Lethargy
    Sire (106)
    [ Give / Take ]
    03:56:16 Jun 02 2009
    Read 10,038 times

I think for this feature to work more effective it should only show members who have been on in the last 2 weeks. Just throwing in my 2 cents=-)

•  REPLY  •

Lethargy
    Lethargy
    Sire (106)
    [ Give / Take ]
    04:36:24 Jun 02 2009
    Read 10,026 times

Also alot of Pm stuff has been suggested. I would like to see maybe free members get a custom background. without the transparency.

•  REPLY  •

Fizbop
    Fizbop
    Superior Sire (140)
    [ Give / Take ]

05:19:27 Jun 02 2009
    Read 10,017 times

Free members page, things that may already be in the works but thought i'd mention. Could we get it to show when they were last online, and if their profile is suspended for violation?

•  REPLY  •

ObsidianFury
    ObsidianFury
    Doppelganger (69)
    [ Give / Take ]

00:39:51 Jun 03 2009
    Read 9,890 times

i was wondering could there be a way to have you show up online to your friends but remain lurking to the ones on your blocked list. sorta like some of the im services have. but i feel as if this idea may not be to practical in doing. just a thought.

•  REPLY  •

01:04:29 Jun 03 2009
    Read 9,885 times

>>>I don't want this thread too get off topic, but there has never been a policy that buying a lifetime membership gets you my mark. I have my own criteria for marking members. I mark members that I feel greatly support Vampire Rave. Some of these are lifetime members. Some are not.

As I really didn't know this, I feel honored. I got marked the very second I upgraded my account to PM Lifetime. I guess I just ordered way too many things to go with it. Thanks, Cancer. I appreciate it. Maybe I can make it up to you...

Speaking of donations...Why don't you set up a donation area for people to help YOU support VR in other ways than buying a very LIMITED amount of items from the Store. Some people probably wouldn't mind sponsoring VR without being in a business, so much as genuinely not wanting the place to ever fold. If you run into money problems, I seriously hope you would allow members to help fix it rather than shutting down. I like this place far too much for that. It would break my measly little heart...What little of one I have.

Not that the items you have there are bad. I would disapprove of bad VR products that make you gag or roll your eyes rather than look through.

P.S. I wear my shirts to work and stores frequently and tell everyone to come here. Unfortunately, I don't go to other sites so I don't have any referral points, but I DO refer people. Hopefully, they never find out what my user name is as I am not the same person here as I am in reality. Here I am much more open and honest.

Getting off track...People love your logo and shirts! Plus they are super comfortable and good quality. Thanks for that too...I like the baseball hat Idea...could you put text on the tiny part of the front brim the way some Military bases have their names? That is awesome looking to anyone who sees it.

The Immortal Idea is cute. It doesn't have to be under that title, but something besides Lifetime Member would be nice for the Profile page. I am fine with it being up in the corner of my page at all times.

Jenna Karro

•  REPLY  •

CuRsEdToDaRkNeSs
    CuRsEdToDaRkNeSs
    High Sire (150)
    [ Give / Take ]
    21:28:59 Jun 03 2009
    Read 9,818 times

This may be more trouble than worth but I was thinking on it and noticing all the different posts about wanting more in the VR Store.... I wonder if it is possible to partner with a company somehow that does personalization.... You would supply your VR shirts, hats, etc..... but have the option to have them personalized. Of course you would have to charge a bit more to turn a profit, but it may be a hit. Just a thought to think on if you don't think it to much a hassle. :)

•  REPLY  •

22:17:08 Jun 03 2009
    Read 9,808 times

I think it could be handy to have the ability to send the same message to multiple members at once. I realise this could be abused by spammers, so perhaps it could be restricted in some way; you can only select members on your friends list, or have a limit of 5 people at a time. Maybe it could be a premium feature or one only accessible after you reach a certain level as a free member - those types of member are perhaps less likely to harass and spam.

•  REPLY  •

Jens
    Jens
    Premiere Sire (121)
    [ Give / Take ]
    22:36:13 Jun 03 2009
    Read 9,805 times

How much work would be involved to have the membership of a coven be displayed on fewer pages. One idea would be to display it like the "Who's Online" page, with maybe some more details. It may be a minor thing, but it has always been tedious for me when rating the members other societies. That is just one example.

Perhaps even two columns would be nice, former for the Society-admins, the latter for the regular members. Maybe even a third column for blinded members.

Just throwing ideas to the table is all. :)

•  REPLY  •

Artume
    Artume
    Enchanter (80)
    [ Give / Take ]
    12:53:40 Jun 04 2009
    Read 9,756 times

Then it occurred to me...The Rave has a moon phase instituted into the site, why not a weather dial based city to city like the yahoo profiles do? Just a thought.

Might have been mentioned already...

•  REPLY  •

Fizbop
    Fizbop
    Superior Sire (140)
    [ Give / Take ]

17:32:37 Jun 04 2009
    Read 9,734 times

I'd like to see this site accept wiggets for just such the reason listed. We could use these in our own profiles or journal entries.

•  REPLY  •

BeautifullySadistic
    BeautifullySadistic
    Dastardly Being (59)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Member of Legion (Coven)
    04:55:28 Jun 05 2009
    Read 9,642 times

This is, I believe, a minor change but one I would love to see.

I would love to see the "post" option at the top of a post as well as the bottom.

I think this would be especially handy on those super long forum threads (much like this one). With this option, I could answer the initial question then go back and read the other threads.

•  REPLY  •

LostinLife
    LostinLife
    Hellhound (70)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Member of Hell (Coven)
    21:35:11 Jun 06 2009
    Read 9,534 times

I'm just wondering has there ever been a different layout on here? I've been here four years and it has never changed, maybe something new, just a suggestion I like change the same thing too long get's boring.

•  REPLY  •

vamplez
    vamplez
    High Sire (154)
    [ Give / Take ]
    22:03:50 Jun 06 2009
    Read 9,525 times

Can we get VR thongs back in the store?
    I need a new one, size large. My old one is all worn out LOL

•  REPLY  •

Fizbop
    Fizbop
    Superior Sire (140)
    [ Give / Take ]

04:42:43 Jun 07 2009
    Read 9,454 times

Stylesheets for Covens and Houses.

•  REPLY  •

vines
    vines
    Daemon (95)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
    06:54:41 Jun 09 2009
    Read 9,361 times

i have a suggestion. In the rating section by where it says "You have already rated this profile" is there any way you can put a date when you rated them?

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
    Cartomancer
    Arch Sire (193)
    Honor: 105,506
    [ Give / Take ]
    Cartomancer is the Hand of the Prince.
    21:15:11 Jun 09 2009
    Read 9,319 times

I didn't see this suggestion here, so forgive me if I mention something that already has been addressed.

The Message Center: is it possible to institute sending messages to multiple users- like spaces between each user ID or by comma in the 'To:' section... and then we could choose to Reply All or Reply to Sender in response?

•  REPLY  •

Jens
    Jens
    Premiere Sire (121)
    [ Give / Take ]
    00:47:44 Jun 10 2009
    Read 9,252 times

Low priority idea... I'd like to see the friends list be made more user friendly. Message-links and bite options for each member on the list would be cool. I almost never use it right now, due to how awkward it is to navigate.

Perhaps even better idea would be to somehow combine the friends-list and message page. Then you could select a member or multiple members on one part of the page and type and send your message on the other.

•  REPLY  •

jennaKARRO
    jennaKARRO
    Banshee (72)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Member of Legion (Coven)
    Vampire Rave member for 14 years.
    08:01:57 Jun 12 2009
    Read 9,126 times

I really hate the idea of having emoticons on VR.
    They make me gag on yahoo bad enough already.

Other than that:

I was wondering if you could add a 'First' 'Last' to the Polls page. I found it hard to go through all of the back polls when I had my first account.

P.S. Now that I have the second account and restarting the headache of trying to vote backwards, I am just borderline frustrated with it. There has to be an easier way to view all polls front to back.

•  REPLY  •

Jens
    Jens
    Premiere Sire (121)
    [ Give / Take ]
    04:52:32 Jun 13 2009
    Read 9,088 times

I second that with the polls. Listing them by title only with a link to vote is enough and would make more polls fit per page. :)

Also, could more info be listed on the stalking page? Like favour earned, forum posts made, time-spent and so on.... basically everything a Society Master would really look at with members. Right now the info is kind of limited. :)

•  REPLY  •

Wolvie
    Wolvie
    Venerable Sire (131)
    [ Give / Take ]
    07:34:56 Jun 14 2009
    Read 8,956 times

one thing that I didn't see mentioned about the use of professionally done pictures even if it is of you and or your kids is the fact that the photographer not you owns the copyright to the photos unless they give or sell you a copyright it is illegal for you to reproduce them in any form

•  REPLY  •

DarqnessWithin
    DarqnessWithin

No Longer Registered
    08:46:23 Jun 14 2009
    Read 8,949 times

ok im new to this as all can see but i have a suggestion and i dont want to seem like im out of place here but its just something that has crossed my mind...

ok i understand that being a premium member gets u the ability to put music and stuff on your profile just to beef it up a lil....

but how hard would it be to let the regular members do the same as the premium members can do...but set a limit to what they can add...they can add music players but give them a limit to what they can add. like premium members can add up to 70 songs or something to their playlist..regular member can only have 20 or less....

also why not make it easier to find codes to add pics on the profiles, like when we go to photobucket or something how hard would it be to have a code section that has get code for vr or vampire rave like you can on the others out there you know to be more COMPETETIVE!!! and also if you have friends that dont know of this website have it fixed to where you can click on a button and you can browse through the other places and send them a referral message saying: YOUR FRIEND HAS SENT YOU A NEW PLACE TO CHECK OUT HTML/WWW.VAMPIRERAVE.COM/HELLBILLY666..what that will do will give hem direct access to your profile and if they like it they can go and download it...

well i guess im done hope all has liked what i said...feel free to send me a message or whatever......

btw vr kicks a** !!!!!!!!

•  REPLY  •

MsSanguinarius
    MsSanguinarius
    Superior Sire (146)
    [ Give / Take ]

16:16:39 Jun 14 2009
    Read 8,936 times

There's no way to limit the songs on someones playlist as the coding is what it is and VR can't control how many songs Playlist.com allows someone on there to put on their playlist. As its stands, playlist.com allows you up to 200 songs on your playlist. Cancer can't come up with a code for every kind of scenario. He'd have no life. Also if you give more of the premium member perks to non playing members then how could Cancer afford the to keep this site up. It's the premium & lifetime members that help keep the site going and should have the best perks, all to ourselves.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
    LadyChordewa
    Superior Sire (140)
    [ Give / Take ]

20:17:18 Jun 14 2009
    Read 8,910 times

Hellbilly666,

Just so you know. We also have Banners and postcard you can send friends, to bring them to VR. You also can get referral points, if they sign up.

•  REPLY  •

Oblivion
    Oblivion

No Longer Registered
    07:55:43 Jun 15 2009
    Read 8,842 times

How about changing the look of VR to something else besides red and black? Someone with even partial color blindness would have lots of trouble reading anything on the pages....Not to mention it is highly overused and not very original....

•  REPLY  •

LostinLife
    LostinLife
    Hellhound (70)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Member of Hell (Coven)
    02:24:29 Jun 16 2009
    Read 8,776 times

I'd like to be able to arrange my photos in my portfolio photos, because as it is I can only upload them in order and if I want to add more pictures of my daughter after I've added my photography it gaps them and makes it seem random and unorganized.

•  REPLY  •

LostinLife
    LostinLife
    Hellhound (70)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Member of Hell (Coven)
    02:29:01 Jun 16 2009
    Read 8,774 times

And just thought of this but in the VR store, I love print shirts and absolutely HATE embroidery now I know you must prefer it but could we get some screened things in here?

•  REPLY  •

06:08:01 Jun 18 2009
    Read 8,641 times

Silk screening deteriorates swiftly. The more you wash and wear, the less it becomes.

I love my shirts. If you add any silk screens, Keep The Ones You Have. I am even thinking of ordering a few more, much less if I need to re-order.

Of course, I'd love a pair of jeans with the VR logo on it. Seems like that would be a pain for you though. I mean, think of all of the sizing issues. How about a patch that can be put onto other items...like a bookbag, etc.

I read a great deal and sometimes carry my laptop in a bookbag. I also tote around my pencils and scetch book sometimes, so I am always needing a new one.

Jenna Karro

•  REPLY  •

XDestinyX
    XDestinyX
    Antagonist (37)
    [ Give / Take ]

00:11:24 Jun 19 2009
    Read 8,604 times

I think maybe there should be an online horror book area. So there would be a list of books we could read online here. Or a link of a book and then it gets sent to our email or something. That would be a really cool idea.

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
    LadyChordewa
    Superior Sire (140)
    [ Give / Take ]

02:46:38 Jun 19 2009
    Read 8,579 times

Love the Dashboard, but I have two things:

The basic members of my Coven, state they are able to see their ratings.....is this a change in policy? Previously, only Premium members could see their ratings.

Secondly, is it possible to add into the list on the dashboard....How many favors you have earned today or for the month? Just a thought.

•  REPLY  •

MysticalWench
    MysticalWench
    Great Sire (111)
    [ Give / Take ]
    03:05:25 Jun 19 2009
    Read 8,572 times

I'm not following... We all get NEW system messages... CM's use the SOCIETY.. It's just when adding a bunch of items into the database, it would be nice to see which ones are NEW so you can check them out...

Let me rephrase. In Scifi section and PowerPunks, when you get a message in *INBOX* | *SYSTEM* | SOCIETY it has a NEW over the message that is, well, new - it would be nice for when you click on the SYSTEM link to view your messages for a little "NEW" to be in the message center in VR as well

Photobucket

but in red

•  REPLY  •

Jens
    Jens
    Premiere Sire (121)
    [ Give / Take ]
    01:44:09 Jun 20 2009
    Read 8,461 times

On the Dashboard I see the latest 3 rates that my profile received, however, would it be too much to ask if you could add the latest 3 rates for my portfolio as well? :)

Also, adding a daily total of our favour, as LadyChordewa suggested, would be helpful.

Perhaps a unique view for Society Masters which is more detailed. I'd like to keep tabs on my members better, such as who has been active on VR or not, etc. Sort of combining the Stalking page with the dashboard, but with more details to keep track of. :)

•  REPLY  •

MadameButterfly
    MadameButterfly

No Longer Registered
    16:51:32 Jun 21 2009
    Read 8,258 times

I would like to have a few emoticon in the vampbox

so that we can send a smile or a stick tongue out or a wink, it is cute and faster and also it can bring a smile to a friend or a tense convo

just my 2 cents, plus if you do not want to use them, then do not use them, making them more like optional, for example, maybe for premiums or a certain level

•  REPLY  •

NightBlossom
    NightBlossom
    Sire (106)
    [ Give / Take ]

14:35:13 Jun 22 2009
    Read 8,133 times

Apparently the master message idea is going beyond reasonable asking. I would love to be the Admin over my house. That would definately take care of the not knowing whats going on bit.

I understand the points being made:
    *Lazy House/Coven masters
    - This problem, as we all have seen, is easily fixed. If masters are going to use this to avoid logins, etc, their positions can be given to others. In the case of covens, shut down.

*AHMs and ACMs responding to the messages.
    - Simply have them as system messages, sent by the system, unable to be responded to. If an AHM or ACM has an issue with a message they can discuss it with their Master and it can be relayed from there.

*Using it as an excuse to see whats going on.
    - Well hell, why can't AHMs and ACMs see whats going on. I'm sorry and I know this doesn't apply to everybody but I do run Nocturnal Retribution. I deal with all the trades and inductions, making of pages, punishments of members, news, house messages, etc, etc, etc. When I get around to creating an alliance for Nocturnal, I'll be backing that up as well. It is a waste of Nicnivian's time to have to forward messages to me. For a while when ToiletDuc was an Admin, he would log onto his account and any messages pertaining to something I should know...he'd let me read them. I used my own discretion to figure out which was important and which was jabber.

*Ridicule caused by master messages in journals, friendships, etc.
    - If a person is an assistant to either house or coven master, that means they have been trusted. I know full well that it is difficult not to gossip behind closed doors and private messages about whats going on in the background of VR. Punishment for jabbering on about things that should be kept private would be simple. Suspensions are as easy to pass out as candy anyway. If an AHM/ACM starts going off at the mouth...silence it.

In argument to Wolvie's comment, not everything Cancer has to say needs to be shared by the entire site. Not everything that goes on in the Administrative world (including everyone from regents to Acolytes) needs to be shared with the AHMs or ACMs. Hence the option to have STRICTLY House/Coven related message options.

All that aside, its just a thought and suggestion. It isn't up to any of us whether or not this idea sees itself into existence.

•  REPLY  •

Nedra
    Nedra
    Dybbuk (76)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Member of Legion (Coven)
    17:55:24 Jun 22 2009
    Read 8,082 times

Two things (if possible please)

1. It would be great to be able to search the Book section of the database by ISBN number. Then there would be no doubt if there was a duplicate. I always check the title, and thanks to PandorasBox I check key words but sometimes I still do not get a hit. Then I submit the book only to be told it is a duplicate. Searching by ISBN numbers would save everyone a lot of time.

2. In light of the new Kindle that is out - can we add a section to the Book portion of the database to include Kindle books? I found a lot of great vampire titles but did not submit them because they use ASIN numbers not ISBN numbers.

Thanks for taking the time to read!!

•  REPLY  •

jmalitz1
    jmalitz1
    Disciple (53)
    [ Give / Take ]

01:00:33 Jun 23 2009
    Read 7,944 times

well i have a idea for the rating that would make it real easy for the new people and every one too... i have noticed that after you rate something and you click to go back to the list of things to rate it takes you back to the first page and if you are on page 3 or higher it gets to be a pain in the ass to rate and same thing with rating profiles and i think that more people will rate faster and better if you set it up so when you rate something it will to back to the page you was on and you can go on after

•  REPLY  •

RonniLee
    RonniLee
    Fiend (35)
    [ Give / Take ]
    07:15:46 Jun 23 2009
    Read 7,877 times

I'm all for more items in the VR Store (for example: bumper stickers, like Jens suggested...or better yet, magnetic bumper stickers, so they don't bugger up my car ;-).

Also, I noticed that my Status Level is "penalized" for being on 28 Friends Lists (1 to many apparently)...but we don't have any control of who puts us on their friends list...can this be resolved (one way or another)?

And I couldn't agree more that Premium Members should have many more "perks" than regular members...if I can fork over $4.95 a month (as an unemployed, single Mom)...well...you get the point (lol). ;-).

*Bows respectfully to Cancer*

•  REPLY  •

DMZ
    DMZ
    Illusionist (78)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Member of Hell (Coven)
    08:25:00 Jun 23 2009
    Read 7,863 times

I do have a question about mobile mode. When you load a profile on mobile it doesnt show which coven or house that person belongs too in mobile mode. is there somethere that could be done to fixed that?
    thanks,
    DMZ

•  REPLY  •

08:38:19 Jun 23 2009
    Read 7,855 times

Gee, now that you mentioned it...I have a -3 for being on 45 friends lists.

I thought being someone's friend was a good thing. Am I wrong?

•  REPLY  •

Indulgence
    Indulgence
    Noble Sire (163)
    [ Give / Take ]
    08:40:05 Jun 23 2009
    Read 7,853 times

More friends = more bonus.
    Less friends = less or negative bonus.

•  REPLY  •

kittenluvs2bite
    kittenluvs2bite
    Diabolist (91)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
    11:19:02 Jun 23 2009
    Read 7,837 times

I am not sure if it was just a glitch or what..

but i am not doing any refreshing or anything, and when i clicked the VR manual it booted me saying 'apparently you are not real'

this is a concern since all i wanted to do was read the manual

•  REPLY  •

Cheetahcry
    Cheetahcry
    Diabolist (91)
    [ Give / Take ]

23:42:45 Jun 23 2009
    Read 7,697 times

It would be nice to see more in the VR store, I am not particular about what is new in the store just seeing more.
    Also having an update on blood and water would be nice. If not the blood and water maybe something else?

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
    Cancer
    Superior Sire (147)
    [ Give / Take ]
    07:36:42 Jun 26 2009
    Read 7,499 times

Well, Bones isn't entirely correct. The new powers and levels closely resemble the old, but they're not exact in all cases. I rearranged some powers and levels.

Here's a formula you can use. Let's say you're level 70 now and you want to know what that would've equaled under the old system:

70 x
    --- = ---
    100 28

Solve for x:

100x = 1960

x = 19.6

So if you're level 70 now, that's roughly equivalent to level 19.6 under the old system.

Swap 70 and recompute for whatever level you are now.

•  REPLY  •

Indulgence
    Indulgence
    Noble Sire (163)
    [ Give / Take ]
    21:43:10 Jun 26 2009
    Read 7,421 times

This is probably the main thing I'd like to see.

Would it at all be possible to be able to search for Forum Topics made by specific users? Like we can at the moment for keywords, it'd be nice to be able to find old topics we've made to simply read them again instead of having to search through a few hundred pages using the 'Next 15' option.

•  REPLY  •

BLOODLIFE
    BLOODLIFE
    Venerable Sire (137)
    [ Give / Take ]
    01:04:57 Jun 27 2009
    Read 7,388 times

That reminds me...
    Is there any way that once we have made a journal edit that we don't lose any comments that may have been made?

•  REPLY  •

jdviper
    jdviper
    Savage (61)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Member of Hell (Coven)
    06:40:37 Jun 27 2009
    Read 7,345 times

can we has status as a "Vampire" back? or was it left out intentionally ? personally i'd vote out "evil one" for it :)

•  REPLY  •

Rav3nsBloodyWrist
    Rav3nsBloodyWrist

No Longer Registered
    11:30:51 Jun 27 2009
    Read 7,328 times

ok um i know this may sound a little dumb but i though it might be cool to have you top 10 friends on your page. say someone comes to your page they could click on a button or something and look at your top ten friends in your list, Be able to see their status and leave, also you could rearrange the list however you like so that if someone self deletes you could just organize however you want your top 10 friends to be...just a thought

•  REPLY  •

KCRC
    KCRC
    Sire (102)
    [ Give / Take ]

Member of House Eternal
    18:42:12 Jun 27 2009
    Read 7,282 times

Would it be possible to add to the line "You have already rated this Profile (Portfolio)" the DATE that you last rated?

I know the date / time is on the rating in the list of rates, but I would like to see it included with the "Already rated" note.

•  REPLY  •

Xzavier
    Xzavier
    Sire (105)
    [ Give / Take ]
    08:11:31 Jun 28 2009
    Read 7,189 times

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but I think it would be nice to have more search parameters for profiles, such as searches by Premium/Free members and location, either by country or zip/city.

One other thing is that of new profiles. Just like a portfolio wont show up until it has a description I think profiles, that don't have anything on them, should be limited in what they can do. Many profiles have been created just to rate people 1's so perhaps until a profile has some content a new member can't rate or at least not able to rate less than a 5 (for example). Also the whole 419 Scam thing, many profiles are created to spam, gather information (which doesn't require the sending of messages) etc.

Yes I know that all it would take is a person adding a word to a profile but it may deter some and I know it would help cut down on the 419 Scammers because they use bots or if it's a person (most times) they won't add anything to a profile.

One other thing that might work a bit better is if a profile is created and they make more than X (more than 3) number of low rates (1-4's) within 24-48 hours their rating privileges are suspended until they level up (to level 4 lets say).

Since the status system has changed getting rated low by unknown people can really hurt a persons ability to level up. From these types of rating my status today alone has gone from 97.88 to 97.42, just because I was rated a 1 and blocked by a Level 1 account I never saw before in my life and who had a blank pro.

Just some thoughts to try and lower the amount of free multi-account users, 419 Scammers and to make VR an even more enjoyable place.

•  REPLY  •

Spiritwalker
    Spiritwalker
    Anarchist (88)
    [ Give / Take ]

22:30:06 Jun 29 2009
    Read 6,999 times

I think that this has already been mentioned but I would like to see:
    The one thing that I would like to see is the unrated back or a way to toggle the pages other then the 15 increments. Like a next button or previous button for the database and profiles.

•  REPLY  •

10:50:05 Jun 30 2009
    Read 6,920 times

I find it very unusual that there is a search engine of some type for everything except journal entries. I realize this probably promotes adding a journal to your favorites list to find it fast. I only noticed it because I was trying to find someone's journal that I didn't have already.

Now, I would rather like to see one simply to find out the stats for my own journal. I guess I could do it manually and bookmark the page...lol. I just like all of the stats the journal link displays. I have never noticed it before (probably because I have never looked up a journal using the link). Usually, I simply go to Profile and then to their journal.

Why don't you mention the stats in any of the VR pages? Are they new, or have I really just missed them for two years? That was lax on my behalf if they have been there all along. Anyone who hasn't clicked on the journal link on the left-hand scroll at least once already...really should. It is interesting...to say the least.

Jenna Karro

•  REPLY  •

eavanya
    eavanya
    Necromancer (96)
    [ Give / Take ]

22:36:32 Jun 30 2009
    Read 6,881 times

I don't know if this has been mooted before or not, but is there any way it would be possible and/or feasible to have "Admin Only Access" sections in the Society forums? So Coven/House admin can discuss things privately?

eavanya
    aka kat
    "Ego ago ministro. Tamen ego sum solvo sumo."

•  REPLY  •

MartriarchOfWitches
    MartriarchOfWitches

No Longer Registered
    04:03:59 Jul 01 2009
    Read 6,841 times

after reading this thread carefully my mind wonders it should be made easier to build i been on vr for 4 yrs and counting , i havne made sire yet is there any easier way to level besides rating and forums constantly yawns i love them and doing so maybe chating would be and idea way of leveling up it can bring more people together in vampire rave if it has not been done so already , another thing thats annoying is the block list, again i have friends and people who add me and then there profile disapears yet there sitll on my list and i cant remove them. Its frusterating maybe that can be changed, with a link page or something but i love the work done so far cancer thanks for being there for us , this is great work and i dont think it can be any better for all of us.

•  REPLY  •

Tyamet
    Tyamet
    Ophidian (66)
    [ Give / Take ]

04:17:00 Jul 01 2009
    Read 6,829 times

Now, do you know if the level requirements will be posted here soon on the Status Tables, Cancer?

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
    RaggedyAndy
    Sire (101)
    [ Give / Take ]
    04:50:43 Jul 01 2009
    Read 6,820 times

Concortemanon:

If you scroll to the very bottom of the Status System Page, you will see a link to the Status Tables

•  REPLY  •

LordVerbal
    LordVerbal
    Great Sire (116)
    [ Give / Take ]
    05:25:04 Jul 01 2009
    Read 6,813 times

I wish I could send a message to everyone on my friends list at once, or at least to all the ones that have me on theres.

•  REPLY  •

09:02:54 Jul 01 2009
    Read 6,794 times

I get 'thottled' for trying to send my friends (just the coven masters alone) the same message all of the time. VR hates spamming. Of course, being strangled isn't a bad thing...lol.

I also get logged out for 'hammering' often when I am doing nothing except typing a sentence. I don't know if it is posting my half finished comments, or simply throwing me out of the system. More than likely my computer, electronics and plants hate me equally (which is to say a great deal).

Being able to send a message to multiple people faster would help me out, but I am just impatient. If I go slower and wait a tick before clicking the next send...tada, it works. Why take up more memory in the VR base just because we are all lazy and spoiled? I would rather see more of Cancer's astonishing genius than for him to waste his time catering to our spoiled rotten butts. Pardon the language...He has already said the 'Unrated' search engine took up too much space. How much space do you think VR has? I don't want the site to fail again. I missed it too much last time.

•  REPLY  •

jennaKARRO
    jennaKARRO
    Banshee (72)
    [ Give / Take ]
    Member of Legion (Coven)
    09:11:50 Jul 01 2009
    Read 6,791 times

Curious question: What is a unique visitor?

Have you ever seen it at the bottom of the 'Who's Online' link? So many questions...lol. I know, 'give it a rest, girl'.

•  REPLY  •

Wolvie
    Wolvie
    Venerable Sire (131)
    [ Give / Take ]
    12:08:16 Jul 01 2009
    Read 6,782 times

I had posted this in the master message area and someone suggested I put it here so that if it's not currently possible that it might be able to be included as an update.

Copied from my master message:

"Does anyone know if there is a way to link to your coven's current favor so it can be displayed on the coven main page? I know the favor score is there but I would like to be able to include the actual amount of favor also.

Wolvie™"

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
    Cancer
    Superior Sire (147)
    [ Give / Take ]
    17:05:17 Jul 01 2009
    Read 6,754 times

jennaKARRO,

Unique visitors is a count of the number of unique IP addresses recorded over a period of time. If several people log on via a home network, all of whom are sharing the same IP address, all count as 1 unique visit.

•  REPLY  •

Cheetahcry
    Cheetahcry
    Diabolist (91)
    [ Give / Take ]

23:04:31 Jul 01 2009
    Read 6,724 times

I was just curious if there is an idea of when the mentoting system will be ready?

I also have a question about it. If I am mentoring someone and they then reach level 80, (I am thinking) that they would lose the mentor that they have or the mentor bonus they are receiving. When someone gets the chance would you please explain that part about the mentoring.

Thank you

•  REPLY  •

MsSanguinarius
    MsSanguinarius
    Superior Sire (146)
    [ Give / Take ]

00:22:15 Jul 02 2009
    Read 6,708 times

I see house masters and coven masters have a MASTER mark now displayed under there other marks, could ACM's and AHM's alsp have a mark , like it could just be initials or Asst. Master ...just curious as I am a proud assistant house master.

•  REPLY  •

00:37:51 Jul 02 2009
    Read 6,704 times

MsSanguinarius - If you go along those lines then every member of a Society's staff would want whatever title they hold on a mark as well. I think it's just fine as it stands. Only Society Masters should have such.

•  REPLY  •

BLOODLIFE
    BLOODLIFE
    Venerable Sire (137)
    [ Give / Take ]
    01:07:52 Jul 02 2009
    Read 6,697 times

I've just been playing Boggle with a couple of friends, it would have been nice to say 'hi' kind of thing.
    Would it be possible to put in a chat box for the players?

•  REPLY  •

PandorasBx
    PandorasBx
    Royal Sire (209)
    [ Give / Take ]
    01:34:18 Jul 02 2009
    Read 6,688 times

The Top list covers many areas and all that count towards leveling up but we do not have a Top Database Submissions list, I would like to see this included if feasible as it also a part of leveling on this site and the core of it as well.

Is this a possibility?

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
    Cancer
    Superior Sire (147)
    [ Give / Take ]
    02:11:38 Jul 02 2009
    Read 6,674 times

I'm going to close this thread and start a new one. This one is getting a bit long.

This thread is continued here:

https://www.vampirerave.com/forum/message.php?message=44320&group=1&catid=1

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
    •  Closed by Cancer on Jul 02 2009  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
    REQUEST HELP
    CONTACT US
    SITEMAP
    REPORT A BUG
    UPDATES
    LEGAL
    TERMS OF SERVICE
    PRIVACY POLICY
    DMCA POLICY
    REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
    © 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
    All Rights Reserved.
    Vampire Rave is a member of 
    Page generated in 1.3485 seconds.
    X
    Username:

Password:
    I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
    I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
    I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
    I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
    X