Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
Honor: 88
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 19 years.
06:24:00 May 07 2017
Read 3,763 times

I'm here to answer your questions about all the changes to Vampire Rave. I'd rather answer questions in the Forum, versus private message, as others can learn.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
07:54:04 May 07 2017
Read 3,742 times

I just realized many of you may be having page caching issues if you're using the old layouts. You're not seeing the site correctly.

How to know if you're affected

If you load the message center and don't see the same drop down menu (for inbox, saved, etc) in the center of the screen, like you see when using Phantasm, you're affected. You'll see 5 rows of text for the message boxes instead of the drop down menu. There are many other areas of the site that will display incorrectly too.

Eventually this issue will work itself out on its own, but if you want to fix it now:

Firefox

Firefox handles page caching pretty well. Just hit F5 and your browser cache is refreshed.

Chrome

When you press F5 in Chrome it will refresh the page you're looking at, but it won't refresh linked pages. The issue is the styles.css file, linked in the HTML code. Many of you are seeing the old css file and the site doesn't look right. This is the only way I've figured out how to force a refresh in chrome:

• Right click anywhere in the page, select View Page Source. A new tab opens.

• Look for the line:

[ link rel="stylesheet" href="https://www.vampirerave.com/inc/layouts/css/vr_classic_purple.css" type="text/css" / ]

It's in the first 15 or so lines. It will be a link you can click on. Click on it. It opens in a new tab.

Now press F5. This reloads this style sheet file.

Go back to your VR tab. Press F5 again. The page should be updated.

I know this is a pain. Blame Chrome.

Mobile Chrome

I know of no way to force refreshes of style sheets in Chrome Mobile. But you shouldn't be using VR Classic on a mobile device anyway. 😈

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
10:13:16 May 07 2017
Read 3,735 times

I re-skinned my profile using Phantasm. There is also a new premium public skin "Phantasm Purple". It's in the Skin Manager.

Both skins demonstrate how to utilize background images with Phantasm. Phantasm Purple shows how you can restyle the hamburger navigation menu.

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 139
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
19:05:25 May 07 2017
Read 3,707 times

ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR. This is what I get when I try to edit my profile. Any idea as What is going on? Everything happen after the chance. Have a wonderful Sunday!!

•  REPLY  •

04:14:52 May 08 2017
Read 3,685 times

Mentorships and covens are not showing custom pages that have been made, nor can you see any customizing done to them, will this be updated later for us to put a code into?

•  REPLY  •

FatalAttraction
FatalAttraction
Savage (61)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Dark Souls (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 7 years.
07:15:05 May 08 2017
Read 3,673 times

Tried updating Coven and Alliance Crest like I used to, typed in my password to save my changes, my description box clears completely and there's no information on my profile. Why?

•  REPLY  •

FatalAttraction
FatalAttraction
Savage (61)
[ Give / Take ]
07:26:33 May 08 2017
Read 3,671 times

Also, I cannot log in on my phone.

•  REPLY  •

TigerMoon
TigerMoon
Venerable Sire (137)
[ Give / Take ]
Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 12 years.
07:55:25 May 08 2017
Read 3,667 times

Probably it is due to some coding issues on your part. It is best if you made a copy of your existing codes. Make sure the codings are right, I guess.

•  REPLY  •

TigerMoon
TigerMoon
Venerable Sire (137)
[ Give / Take ]

08:00:38 May 08 2017
Read 3,665 times

As for the profile codings, it may take some minor adjustments. Phantasm (default) is best for mobile navigations. For example, my profile is best viewd under VR CLassic layouts.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
08:40:30 May 08 2017
Read 3,659 times

On May 07 2017 markus666 wrote:

ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR. This is what I get when I try to edit my profile. Any idea as What is going on? Everything happen after the chance. Have a wonderful Sunday!!

I think this has been fixed. Please confirm.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
08:41:57 May 08 2017
Read 3,658 times

On May 08 2017 VerestaUlfur wrote:

Mentorships and covens are not showing custom pages that have been made, nor can you see any customizing done to them, will this be updated later for us to put a code into?

Please file a Bug Report. List Mentorship name, exact page URLs, and provide as much detail as possible.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
08:44:37 May 08 2017
Read 3,657 times

On May 08 2017 FatalAttraction wrote:

Tried updating Coven and Alliance Crest like I used to, typed in my password to save my changes, my description box clears completely and there's no information on my profile. Why?

This be the same issue that markus666 reported and which was fixed. Please check.

Also, Premium Members have profile backups that can be used to restore data to the description box. There's a 7 day limit, so if all your info is gone you need to restore it before 7 days elapses.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
09:10:49 May 08 2017
Read 3,651 times

If you're having problem editing or creating a page, post, anything... Entering anything into Vampire Rave, it may be related to this known issue:

https://www.vampirerave.com/bug/bug.php?id=53

At the heart of the issue is using emoji's. Vampire Rave is not yet 100% emoji compatible.

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 139
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
14:36:19 May 08 2017
Read 3,629 times

Try to edit the Profile again, now, the message read: Errno: 1366
Error: Incorrect string value: '\xE2\x9D\xA4 \xE2\x9D...' for column 'description' at row 1. Wondering if the message has to do with Chrome. Have a wonderful day!!
My profile is doing Ok, I was trying to change some font size.

•  REPLY  •

FatalAttraction
FatalAttraction
Savage (61)
[ Give / Take ]
17:19:58 May 08 2017
Read 3,619 times

I guess part of it got fixed, I was able to change my text code no issues but still can't change my coven crest.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
21:52:30 May 08 2017
Read 3,604 times

On May 08 2017 markus666 wrote:

Try to edit the Profile again, now, the message read: Errno: 1366
Error: Incorrect string value: '\xE2\x9D\xA4 \xE2\x9D...' for column 'description' at row 1. Wondering if the message has to do with Chrome. Have a wonderful day!!
My profile is doing Ok, I was trying to change some font size.

That's an emoji error. You need to either remove the emoji from your profile code or re-convert the emoji to hex/dec code before submitting your edit.

The bug report is here: https://www.vampirerave.com/bug/bug.php?id=53

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
21:52:58 May 08 2017
Read 3,602 times

On May 08 2017 FatalAttraction wrote:

I guess part of it got fixed, I was able to change my text code no issues but still can't change my coven crest.

Also an emoji error, I believe.

•  REPLY  •

FatalAttraction
FatalAttraction
Savage (61)
[ Give / Take ]
02:30:03 May 09 2017
Read 3,587 times

I'm using the code from the coven page itself, so how can I fix it? I'm not an expert on coding lol.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
06:04:27 May 09 2017
Read 3,583 times

On May 09 2017 FatalAttraction wrote:

I'm using the code from the coven page itself, so how can I fix it? I'm not an expert on coding lol.

What' the URL for the page you are trying to edit?

•  REPLY  •

trepidation
trepidation
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The Coven of Pirates
Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
09:43:32 May 09 2017
Read 3,574 times

A quick question about premium members and adverts on the mobile site. Every now and again i see adds at the top of the page, not sure if premies see adds now or not, I know the old site didn't show adds to premies.
It's not on every page but some are slipping through.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
10:56:38 May 09 2017
Read 3,564 times

I'm still working on the mobile advertising... trying to optimize it... I'm not there yet.

•  REPLY  •

FatalAttraction
FatalAttraction
Savage (61)
[ Give / Take ]
17:18:51 May 09 2017
Read 3,552 times

https://www.vampirerave.com/profiles/profiles2.php?profile=FatalAttraction

Just trying to add the crest to my page.

•  REPLY  •

xTaintedAngelx
xTaintedAngelx
Nightmare (97)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The Coven of Purgatory
18:05:41 May 09 2017
Read 3,544 times

My profile bg and song are not showing up. I have reentered my codes for both and did the refreshing things you suggested in your post, but they still are not showing up. I tried on Firefox, Chrome and Chromemodo and Internet Explorer.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
18:53:50 May 09 2017
Read 3,540 times

On May 09 2017 FatalAttraction wrote:

https://www.vampirerave.com/profiles/profiles2.php?profile=FatalAttraction

Just trying to add the crest to my page.

Find this code in your profile code:

https://www.vampirerave.com/houses/darksouls_crest.jpg

And replace it with:

https://www.vampirerave.com/houses/images/darksouls_crest.jpg

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
19:04:17 May 09 2017
Read 3,539 times

On May 09 2017 xTaintedAngelx wrote:

My profile bg and song are not showing up. I have reentered my codes for both and did the refreshing things you suggested in your post, but they still are not showing up. I tried on Firefox, Chrome and Chromemodo and Internet Explorer.

For music, it looks like you're trying to embed a Youtube iframe. The iframe has width=0 and height=0. This won't work with Youtube. You need widths. If you change it to something like width="300" height="200" it should work.

Regarding your background image, you don't have any style code that references the Phantasm CSS classes... Only VR Classic classes, which is why your background is only working in VR Classic.

See my profile and CSS code for an example.

•  REPLY  •

FatalAttraction
FatalAttraction
Savage (61)
[ Give / Take ]
06:04:04 May 10 2017
Read 3,525 times

I'm not sure if it's showing up or not for other people because I still have a blank box with a blue square.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
07:16:57 May 10 2017
Read 3,519 times

I edited your profile and fixed your Coven and Alliance links.

•  REPLY  •

BatsInTheBelphry
BatsInTheBelphry
Premiere Sire (120)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 13 years.
02:10:46 May 12 2017
Read 3,484 times

ok I read the message about the chat not working in cams, so I tested the cam in general the cam comes up, if I type in the box and click send nothing happens, if I type in and click enter it goes to main cam page (using chrome)..anyway While there I tried to test my borders, they show up in border management or the show borders areas, but when I click on the borders I have made to select them, nothing happens , not sure if thats part of the same issue with the chat but thought Id let you know

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
08:51:34 May 12 2017
Read 3,473 times

On May 12 2017 BatsInTheBelphry wrote:

ok I read the message about the chat not working in cams, so I tested the cam in general the cam comes up, if I type in the box and click send nothing happens, if I type in and click enter it goes to main cam page (using chrome)..anyway While there I tried to test my borders, they show up in border management or the show borders areas, but when I click on the borders I have made to select them, nothing happens , not sure if thats part of the same issue with the chat but thought Id let you know

Actual cam streaming works. Some of the features don't, like border changing, paging, etc. These commands are sent over an invisible chat channel, which isn't working right now.

•  REPLY  •

xTaintedAngelx
xTaintedAngelx
Nightmare (97)
[ Give / Take ]
18:32:19 May 16 2017
Read 3,415 times

I looked at you code source for your profile to see what mine should look like, but couldn't figure out what to do or where to put anything to make my profile work in Phantasm. I'm not very good with coding so any help would be appreciated.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
06:14:57 May 20 2017
Read 3,360 times

Download the Phantasm layout pack in the Skin Manager.

Alter the CSS file to change whatever elements you want. If the CSS file directly points to ANY graphics, make sure they are https: and not http:.

If you want to change any of the graphics, use the pack as a guide. For example, if you want to change bat.png, like I did on my profile, swap it out with another file. The only requirement is the new file must be the same name (bat.png) and the same file type (.png).

When you're done editing graphics and the the css file, upload every file (one-by-one) to your file storage.

In the skin manager, point the graphics directory and css file to your premium file storage. For example, mine is:

CSS file: https://www.vampirerave.com/premium/files/cancer/style.css

Graphics Path: https://www.vampirerave.com/premium/files/cancer/

Yours will be different.

If you don't change any of the graphics, you don't need to re-upload them to your file storage. Just point the graphics path to the Phantasm default, which is:

https://www.vampirerave.com/inc/layouts/images/phantasm/

If you want your profile to have graphics down the left and right gutters, this is the code from my profile:

.holy-grail__sidebar--first {
  order: 1;
  background-color: #180000;
  color: #E0E0E0;
  min-height: 100%;
  background-image: url('/inc/layouts/skins/cancer_phantasm/fire_left_border.png');
  background-position: top left;
}

.holy-grail__sidebar--second {
  order: 3;
  background-color: #180000;
  color: #E0E0E0;
  min-height: 100%;
  background-image: url('/inc/layouts/skins/cancer_phantasm/fire_right_border.png');
  background-position: top right;
}

Change the background-image: url() code to point to files you upload in your file storage.

Is profile skinning complicated? Yes, it is. But you're looking to do something complicated, so expect it to be complicated. Vampire Rave gives you all the tools you need to take control of your profile.

•  REPLY  •

madlyn
madlyn
Venerable Sire (139)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Vampire Masquerade (Coven)
06:34:22 May 20 2017
Read 3,355 times

Can anyone tell me why the whole site is so stretched out I have to keep scrolling left to right to read anything?

•  REPLY  •

madlyn
madlyn
Venerable Sire (139)
[ Give / Take ]
15:43:38 May 20 2017
Read 3,340 times

My other profile Scarletta is doing the same thing, really stretched out. What could be causing this?

•  REPLY  •

madlyn
madlyn
Venerable Sire (139)
[ Give / Take ]
15:45:48 May 20 2017
Read 3,339 times

Also on Scarlettas profile portfolio, journal etc. doesn't have the icons.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
08:55:55 May 22 2017
Read 3,322 times

On May 20 2017 madlyn wrote:

Can anyone tell me why the whole site is so stretched out I have to keep scrolling left to right to read anything?

My guess is you are using Firefox (or another browser that is not Chrome) and it is old and not updated.

If you're using Firefox, make sure it's the most recent version. Click Help, About Firefox... It will check your version number. As I write this, the current Firefox version number is 53.0.3. If yours is older, update.

If you're not using Chrome or Firefox, make sure your browser is the most recent version.

Try Chrome. Chrome should auto-update and be the most recent version. VR should look correct via Chrome.

Internet Explorer has issues with browser versions prior to 11. Again, make sure, whatever browser you're using, it is the most current version.

If your browser is current and you're still having issues, fill out a Bug Report. Attach a screen shot and include what your browser and OS are.

I need to see what you're seeing in order to fix it.

•  REPLY  •

madlyn
madlyn
Venerable Sire (139)
[ Give / Take ]
10:39:00 May 22 2017
Read 3,314 times

Thank you Cancer, I'm using I.E. but I also have Firefox so I will definitely check that now.

•  REPLY  •

madlyn
madlyn
Venerable Sire (139)
[ Give / Take ]
11:11:17 May 22 2017
Read 3,310 times

That indeed was the problem. In Firefox everything seems to be fine. Many thanks

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
10:49:29 May 23 2017
Read 3,290 times

In IE, click help / about. What is the version number?

VR should work fine on IE version 11+.

I might need to start doing browser detection in the VR source code... Then notify users when they're using a non-compatible browser.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
11:51:22 May 23 2017
Read 3,285 times

I added basic browser detection to the main homepage of Vampire Rave. If you're using an old browser, you'll get a pop up box that asks you to update your browser.

The popup only appears on the main homepage and if you're using an old browser. If you don't get a warning message, your browser version is fine.

•  REPLY  •

Lav
Lav
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
14:40:01 May 23 2017
Read 3,276 times

Just a heads up that the image link for "you've been bitten" messages seems to be broken, or at least a couple I've received have been. (More for an fyi than a help me, I suppose)

•  REPLY  •

madlyn
madlyn
Venerable Sire (139)
[ Give / Take ]
23:58:12 May 24 2017
Read 3,236 times

Forum Error

Unable to load specified Forum.

When trying to delete posts in any of the threads in my coven they won't delete and that msg. comes up.

Any help?

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
08:02:33 May 29 2017
Read 3,198 times

On May 24 2017 madlyn wrote:

Forum Error

Unable to load specified Forum.

When trying to delete posts in any of the threads in my coven they won't delete and that msg. comes up.

Any help?

This should be fixed now.

•  REPLY  •

Lap1s
Lap1s
Venerable Sire (131)
Honor: 745
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of La Bella Oscuridad
Vampire Rave member for 14 years.
23:50:09 May 30 2017
Read 3,178 times

Wanting to leave alliance. Keep getting an error.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
11:08:32 Jun 03 2017
Read 3,145 times

Are you the alliance master or just an alliance member?

Please post bug reports here. Provide as much information as possible and include a screen shot if you can. This gets bugs fixed as quickly as possible.

•  REPLY  •

Erinyes
Erinyes
Royal Sire (206)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
13:07:07 Jun 04 2017
Read 3,127 times

I'm loading gif files from my PC to my file storage and they are magically becoming jpg's. I wonder if this is happening to anyone else?

•  REPLY  •

TheImpossibleProject
TheImpossibleProject
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 6 years.
14:39:29 Jun 04 2017
Read 3,123 times

Ive had this happen with css files becoming txt

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
11:33:17 Jun 12 2017
Read 3,063 times

On Jun 04 2017 Erinyes wrote:

I'm loading gif files from my PC to my file storage and they are magically becoming jpg's. I wonder if this is happening to anyone else?

Please fill out a bug report and attach the file you're having a problem with. I'll see if I can duplicate and fix your error.

•  REPLY  •

Dragonrouge
Dragonrouge
Premiere Sire (121)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
17:59:30 Jun 15 2017
Read 3,033 times

Is there any way to make the access to the mentorship forum for my pupils more easy?

YOUR COVEN and YOUR MENTORSHIP links are useful. Could it be something like that for the mentorship forum?

Thank you!

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
07:36:12 Jun 25 2017
Read 2,986 times

On Jun 15 2017 Dragonrouge wrote:

Is there any way to make the access to the mentorship forum for my pupils more easy?

YOUR COVEN and YOUR MENTORSHIP links are useful. Could it be something like that for the mentorship forum?

Thank you!

As soon as you click Your Coven or Your Mentorship the Coven or Mentorship Nav drop down menu is top and center of the page. It's one more click to the Forum.

Also, premium members who use Phantasm can set up direct links to their Coven or Mentorship forum. More information about that is here. And here is a screen shot example.

•  REPLY  •

xTaintedAngelx
xTaintedAngelx
Nightmare (97)
[ Give / Take ]
04:03:31 Jul 07 2017
Read 2,917 times

Had an issue with my cam.. I had one friend in cam, and another one cam in and it booted the one that was already in there. Just thought I would let you know.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
11:16:44 Jul 17 2017
Read 2,875 times

So Cams are very tricky.. everything is peer-to-peer. For the most part they work okay.. But when things get out of whack they are programmed to "fix" themselves. This means booting people, etc. All I can say is, the system auto-corrects and everything eventually works itself out.

•  REPLY  •

Dakotah
Dakotah
Premiere Sire (120)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 10 years.
11:33:17 Jul 26 2017
Read 2,807 times

Cancer, have you ever considered for users to edit there post after they make a post? All I think we currently have is the ability to edit our journal main post once it is posted. After that any edits done to one's person journal entry is to leave a comment to our own post. When we comment to someone's journal and after we post our comments and then notice any mistakes in our comment the only way we have to correct is to re-post. On the forums here there is also no way of editing a personal post at all. I know a lot of my VR friends though the years I have here have expressed a 'wish they could edit a comment/post they made any where on VR' If you could ever consider coding this ability into VR perhaps you could offer it to all Prem account holders. I would not be surprised if you did put this option in non-prems would pay for a prem just to have the ability to edit. Maybe you could do a POll and Poll members about this option being placed into VR. For one who always seem to ONLY notice a mistake he made in a post after he hit enter having this ability would be fantastic.

-Dakotah-
One who is famous for noticing his mistakes only after he hits Enter

•  REPLY  •

TheImpossibleProject
TheImpossibleProject
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
01:11:19 Jul 29 2017
Read 2,793 times

On Jun 25 2017 Cancer wrote:

On Jun 15 2017 Dragonrouge wrote:

Thank you!

As soon as you click Your Coven or Your Mentorship the Coven or Mentorship Nav drop down menu is top and center of the page. It's one more click to the Forum.

Also, premium members who use Phantasm can set up direct links to their Coven or Mentorship forum. More information about that is here. And here is a screen shot example.

The YOUR COVEN link is so out of place there. It really should be an update your status link.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
07:35:44 Jul 30 2017
Read 2,774 times

On Jul 26 2017 Dakotah wrote:

Cancer, have you ever considered for users to edit there post after they make a post?

This has been a long time member request for the Forum. However, the reason there is no edit button is to protect thread integrity. If members were allowed to edit their posts, threads would very soon stop making sense and become impossible to follow.

In Journals, yes, you are allowed to edit your posts. However, when you do all comments to that post are erased.. Also to protect the data integrity of the conversation. Imagine a situation where you make a post about Vampires, and there are 10 comments. Then you change the post and make it about Rainbows... Those comments make no sense... so comments are cleared when you edit a journal post.

Post editing will not be implemented in the Forum.

•  REPLY  •

TigerMoon
TigerMoon
Venerable Sire (137)
[ Give / Take ]

14:45:34 Aug 13 2017
Read 2,717 times

After the changes with Photobucket, we all know the pictures are all messed up. Why is my alignment with the coding of the mentorship pages messed up as well? Thank you for your time.

•  REPLY  •

TheImpossibleProject
TheImpossibleProject
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
14:35:30 Aug 17 2017
Read 2,699 times

When it comes to skinning profiles is the .holy-grail__sidebars consider ad space or can a user hide the play now so they can display their background?

•  REPLY  •

MotherNight
MotherNight
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
Safe Haven (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Safe Haven (Coven)
04:40:37 Aug 28 2017
Read 2,653 times

ok not sure whats going on..ive tried to start my came from this profile and the box comes up but the cam window has no video symbol..Why is my video not starting?..its a laptop with built in cam.light is on showing cam is on but not seeing anything
and I am using chrome browser

•  REPLY  •

KillOfTheNight
KillOfTheNight
Sire (105)
[ Give / Take ]
Letchworth (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Letchworth (Coven)
18:24:37 Sep 07 2017
Read 2,597 times

Are there new codes coming to put up backgrounds for the coven pages etc. My codes I used before do not work anymore.

•  REPLY  •

LadySilver
LadySilver
Revenant (41)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 13 years.
15:51:40 Sep 14 2017
Read 2,548 times

Hi All Ok So Im Having An Issue .. Ive Had About 4 people so far tell me there is something wrong with my page ... but i dont see anything wrong at all ? Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated , message me if needed .. im lost lol

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
06:55:38 Sep 15 2017
Read 2,540 times

On Aug 17 2017 TheGunslinger wrote:

When it comes to skinning profiles is the .holy-grail__sidebars consider ad space or can a user hide the play now so they can display their background?

It won't be treated as ad space per the ToS. Additionally, it will be infrequently used as ad space.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
06:57:51 Sep 15 2017
Read 2,539 times

On Aug 28 2017 TwinFlameSouls wrote:

ok not sure whats going on..ive tried to start my came from this profile and the box comes up but the cam window has no video symbol..Why is my video not starting?..its a laptop with built in cam.light is on showing cam is on but not seeing anything
and I am using chrome browser

This is very hard to troubleshoot. OS, browser, and webcam configuration can all affect cam streaming. The basic steps are:

#1 Try Chrome first. Try Firefox second.

#2 Make sure no other program is accessing and locking up your webcam.

#3 java script must be enabled on your device or machine.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
06:59:39 Sep 15 2017
Read 2,538 times

On Sep 07 2017 XBeautifulFaeX wrote:

Are there new codes coming to put up backgrounds for the coven pages etc. My codes I used before do not work anymore.

The old system had some "loopholes" that covens and mentorships were taking advantage of. These loopholes were closed.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
07:02:55 Sep 15 2017
Read 2,535 times

On Sep 14 2017 LadySilver wrote:

Hi All Ok So Im Having An Issue .. Ive Had About 4 people so far tell me there is something wrong with my page ... but i dont see anything wrong at all ? Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated , message me if needed .. im lost lol

This isn't really the place to discuss and fix profile coding issues.

When 2 people see 2 different things on the same page, page caching is usually to blame. To clear your cache and see the page as it really is, press and hold the control key and press F5. This will force reload a page and all images in google chrome.

•  REPLY  •

TigerMoon
TigerMoon
Venerable Sire (137)
[ Give / Take ]

11:49:59 Sep 16 2017
Read 2,520 times

After the changes with Photobucket, we all know the pictures are all messed up. Why is my alignment with the coding of the mentorship pages messed up as well? Thank you for your time.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
10:12:41 Sep 28 2017
Read 2,480 times

On Sep 16 2017 Tristesse wrote:

You'll have to dissect the underlying HTML to figure out why. Both Chrome and Firefox have debugging tools in the browser. You can load a page and then change the HTML (all within your browser only).. fiddle with things until you achieve the desired result.. Once you have that, you can change the code for the page.

For example, in Chrome, right click on this text, then click Inspect. It opens the code for this part of the page. You can edit lines and you'll see the changes in real-time in your browser.

•  REPLY  •

Dakotah
Dakotah
Premiere Sire (120)
[ Give / Take ]
03:16:00 Sep 29 2017
Read 2,466 times

When can we expect the Mark of Shame to show itself?

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
04:57:20 Oct 07 2017
Read 2,401 times

A lot of the code is already in place, I just have to turn it on. Honestly, I'm not sure I would use it all that often. The people I would use it on end up being banned permanently (or self-delete) anyway.

•  REPLY  •

Dakotah
Dakotah
Premiere Sire (120)
[ Give / Take ]
23:53:15 Oct 19 2017
Read 2,306 times

I wanted to point out when I post in sandbox and then click to go to sandbox home instead of just opened the sandbox forms were taken to the Vampire Rave Forums. Before 2.0 when you posted in a form them clicked to go back to that form that form would open up and not Vampire Rave Forums. Hope I explain this right.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
08:34:48 Oct 20 2017
Read 2,301 times

It really is a minor difference. The page would reload scrolled down the the forum you were in.

Now the same page loads.. you just need to click the forum you were in to expand the threads.

•  REPLY  •

Dakotah
Dakotah
Premiere Sire (120)
[ Give / Take ]
22:01:43 Oct 20 2017
Read 2,295 times

On the Mark of Shame, I agree on your views on when I most likely would use the Mark of shame. Recently one profile I would have used it on ended up suspend for life when I reported it. Your staff quickly handled the issue due to the profile broke your Tos. I worry that The mark of shame will only give a tool into some folks hands here whom would use it to cause more drama. We have enough of that here.

•  REPLY  •

04:44:01 Oct 23 2017
Read 2,277 times

The Mark of Shame can only be given by the Prince. "Mark of Shame (awarded by the Prince only) is -10%." via the Society FAQ. I see no risk of drama associated with this.

•  REPLY  •

Dakotah
Dakotah
Premiere Sire (120)
[ Give / Take ]
00:52:50 Nov 07 2017
Read 2,232 times

Oh! I did not know it was only to be given by the Prince. I thought it was something we all could use, like Honor. Thanks vXVampre.

•  REPLY  •

23:19:17 Nov 08 2017
Read 2,214 times

Yes ,glad to help Dakotah.

•  REPLY  •

FatalAttraction
FatalAttraction
Savage (61)
[ Give / Take ]
02:32:57 Nov 13 2017
Read 2,197 times

I don't know if it's because I am using Safari on my Mac, but I can't seem to get the cam actually working. It opens up like it is and my camera shows it on, but I can't see the video or anything.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
03:40:57 Nov 13 2017
Read 2,194 times

On Nov 13 2017 FatalAttraction wrote:

I don't know if it's because I am using Safari on my Mac, but I can't seem to get the cam actually working. It opens up like it is and my camera shows it on, but I can't see the video or anything.

Cams with apple/mac/iphone don't work. Their browsers don't follow internet standards.

If apple changes their policies and adopts the technology that webcams are currently using, cams should start working on apple devices without any updates on my part.

•  REPLY  •

WitchBitch1900
WitchBitch1900
Fiend (35)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
02:13:21 Dec 03 2017
Read 2,157 times

I was wondering if you buy a lifetime pass will that still apply when the new vampire rave goes into effect and even if you just have a 1 year pass. I'm not sure if this question has been asked or not but I'm new so I was concerned sense I just paid for a 1 year pass.

Thank you For Your Time
CelticDarkAngel

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
13:34:57 Dec 19 2017
Read 2,125 times

VR made the transition last May. You are using the new VR now.

Premium Memberships were not affected in any way.

•  REPLY  •

FatalAttraction
FatalAttraction
Savage (61)
[ Give / Take ]
17:23:06 Jan 01 2018
Read 2,102 times

I think there is a glitch in the dashboard. Mine's saying I'm been on for 35 minutes and 8 seconds and view 105 pages (which is what I did yesterday), yet my browsing history is saying something completely different.

•  REPLY  •

Agdistis
Agdistis
Specter (43)
[ Give / Take ]
Spiritual Enlightenment (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Spiritual Enlightenment (Coven)
16:07:01 Jan 05 2018
Read 2,090 times

More technical support than question -- but I'm realizing I don't know where bug reports go.

My time spent/pages viewed tally in my Dashboard hasn't updated since December 31st. I *think* it's continuing to update for Status purposes, but I'm not sure.

I only have this one account, so I can't speak as to if other folks are experiencing it.

It's not terribly irritating (especially if it's still updating for Status) but I figured someone should know if they don't already.

•  REPLY  •

xRobin3x
xRobin3x
Royal Sire (316)
[ Give / Take ]
09:15:27 Jan 14 2018
Read 2,061 times

Agdistis, i am assuming its not just you, glitch.

•  REPLY  •

Lithilian
Lithilian
Savage (61)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 8 years.
17:09:34 Feb 08 2018
Read 2,008 times

How can I take a google image and put it between paragraphs in my profile..because I literally have tried it all for a couple hours..and i downloaded the skin to edit and it is only showing me images. I cant seem to open it and edit layouts??

•  REPLY  •

11:58:19 Feb 09 2018
Read 2,003 times

This is not a VR 2.0 issue however,
You do not add images to your skin. To add images to your "paragraphs" you simply add img html tags with the proper url to the description section of your profile, found on the edit profile page. You can place these codes anywhere within the text.

Skins are used to change the overall appearence of VR for your personel browsing experience. As a premium member you can download the css coding and defualt images for a chosen layout. You then edit these files and re-upload them online. After doing so you may create a skin with the skin manager by using the proper urls for the image host and css file. This generally will only change how the the navigation of VR will look including text , link and background colors as well as the graphical buttons such as those for portfolio, journal, bite, and stalk on a profile.

•  REPLY  •

MoonlitGodess
MoonlitGodess
Dastardly Being (59)
[ Give / Take ]
Poison (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Poison (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 9 years.
06:02:02 Apr 01 2018
Read 1,934 times

im not sure if the is VR 2.0 related but for some reason when i try to change my password it keeps telling me that i need numbers or a special symbol which ive done and i have forgotten my old password as well is there a way to reset it?

•  REPLY  •

MoonlitGodess
MoonlitGodess
Dastardly Being (59)
[ Give / Take ]
Poison (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Poison (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 9 years.
06:11:23 Apr 01 2018
Read 1,930 times

update: i was able to log into my profile on my phone with my old password but still was unable to change it

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
06:24:12 Apr 02 2018
Read 1,926 times

On Jan 05 2018 Agdistis wrote:

More technical support than question -- but I'm realizing I don't know where bug reports go.

My time spent/pages viewed tally in my Dashboard hasn't updated since December 31st. I *think* it's continuing to update for Status purposes, but I'm not sure.

There have been reports of this, but I have been unable to duplicate the issue and thereby fix it. I think it's just a page caching issue. Go to your Dashboard page, press and hold Control+R, then press and hold Control+F5. You may have to do the process twice. This will dump your page cache for the Dashboard page and force reload it.

Status computation should be unaffected as they are different systems.

If the issue persists, please file a Bug Report. The link to the Bug Report section is in the footer of every VR page (if you're using the Phantasm layout).

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
06:30:49 Apr 02 2018
Read 1,924 times

On Apr 01 2018 MoonlitGodess wrote:

update: i was able to log into my profile on my phone with my old password but still was unable to change it

So there is an old incompatibility issue with old VR passwords (pre VR 2.0) that are longer than 12 characters. You can log in, but changing your password is impossible. Here is what you need to do:

• Make sure the email address on your account (edit Profile page) is current and correct.

• Go to the password reset page and do a password reset. It will be emailed to the email address from step 1. If you skip step 1 and your email address is bad, you may get locked out of your account.

• Check your email, get the temporary password. Log into your account. Change your password.

If you do all of the above, generate a new password, but never you receive the password email, check your spam folder. If you still can't find it, use the Contact Us page and file a report... And we'll email the new password to you manually (only to the email address on file for the account).

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
06:29:38 Apr 09 2018
Read 1,888 times

As I posted on the Updates page, I am currently working on a major revision and fix for webcams.

I hope to have the new system online in a week or two. It is much improved.

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by Cancer on Nov 21 2018  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.8424 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X