thecrucible
Termagant (58)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 5 years.
18:12:13 Nov 02 2018
Read 1,008 times

What do you think about Mainstream Hollywood, Film, Art, and “vampires” as a subject?

Do you enjoy the fictitious world or are you insulted by the picture Hollywood paints of vampirism? What about “coming out of the coffin”, as being a topic for many youtuber’s videos?

In contrast to these two recent styles of art, do you enjoy works which are more on the informational side, such as books about folklore, or that which has been published by this generation of vampires?

•  REPLY  •

thecrucible
thecrucible
Termagant (58)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
21:32:02 Nov 02 2018
Read 1,001 times

I think, at a glance, the Vampire-themed Art of the 21st century is very unique, and the medias are vast.

Everything from the popular modern recordings of haunted events, which can be found in multiple areas of the web, to the brief time in which certain vampires were “coming out of the coffin” to be a part of the general public’s eye, bring some diversity to “tasteful entertainment”. It seems, within the audience, vampires, artists, and even “the mundane” are evident.

Artistic and informational videos, strange video diaries, combined with modern renovations of haunted cities and gothic/elegant, or even upscale takes on recycled art, has become a vast gallery with an endless amount of masterpieces. I think it’s a very impressive collection so far.

The strive towards success has had some real benefit for those who have produced it, from my understanding.

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 21
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
13:44:02 Nov 05 2018
Read 994 times

Are you watching "Midnight Texas"? the vampires portrait are the typical Vampires. No outside during the day. Super strong. and for sure, thirst for blood. Typical entertainment for the masses. Remember, Vampirism is a way of living, just like everything else. Books are in the same classification as movies. and nope, I am not offended because someone wants to make some millions.

•  REPLY  •

20:24:35 Jan 30 2019
Read 954 times

I personally enjoy all vampire content whether it be a documentary about staking innocent corpses in graves or television series like the new spin off to the vampire diaries Legacies. I do not believe in the content of every source of course but this does not make them less fun to watch.

•  REPLY  •

thecrucible
thecrucible
Termagant (58)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
13:19:41 Jan 31 2019
Read 949 times

I’ve not seen Midnight Texas, interesting though. I made the forum post because I personally would love to get some feedback about how people feel in regards to film and literature whose main subject is vampires/vampirism... it’s something of a task to check off from my list of research. And my first response in the thread/topic would be my answer to the question. Thank you for your answers I’ll be checking the forum, from time to time, to see what others have to say.

•  REPLY  •

TigerMoon
TigerMoon
Venerable Sire (137)
[ Give / Take ]
Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 12 years.
07:14:59 Feb 01 2019
Read 943 times

What do you think about Mainstream Hollywood, Film, Art, and “vampires” as a subject?

Do you enjoy the fictitious world or are you insulted by the picture Hollywood paints of vampirism? What about “coming out of the coffin”, as being a topic for many youtuber’s videos?

In contrast to these two recent styles of art, do you enjoy works which are more on the informational side, such as books about folklore, or that which has been published by this generation of vampires?

In one of my journal posts, I had briefly talked about how Vampirism is a phenomenon in today's world. Hollywood does nothing but romanticise these supposedly creatures of the night, turning the characters into role-models for the youth. This is not how it ought to have been. Anything that is being churned out by Hollywood must be taken with a pinch of salt. There are plenty of Indie artistes who make lots of B-movies out there, and I don't think these movies have anything to do with "Hollywood". I am not insulted by it all, as discernment is crucial, especially when it comes to the media.

YouTubers who have "come out of the coffin"... well, they can have their 5 seconds of fame! I believe highly in social responsibility. So, just be careful. The internet is most definitely a dangerous place.

I never liked folklores... not even the vampire ones. Al these diseases and how they are brought to life by corpses... nah, it's too scientific. I am a dark romanticist. So yes, I don't work well with science or empirical research.

Books are awesome. There aren't many books out there that provide in-depth insight and help... basically, an instruction manual. There are some vampiric leaders I look up to and absolutely adore, but that's about it. I have utterly stopped reading vampire teen fiction. I am too old for that, really... I'm way past my prime.

What Hollywood has done is to sensationalise vampires. I have not watched a single episode of Vampire Diaries, or Tru Blood. None of that... Sad, but, they just don't appeal to me. I prefer the old-school kind of tormented vampires, who are very philosophical. A philosophical vampire... if you will. Nothing too gory or over the top or too posh.

So yeah. There are too many sub-elements in the original post... got me thinking, nonetheless. :)

•  REPLY  •

kyriaragnar33
kyriaragnar33
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]
The Cry of the Banshee (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Cry of the Banshee (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 7 years.
22:48:41 Feb 24 2019
Read 914 times

I’d have to say mine is the classic one which is Nosferatu. It’s just captivating to watch for me, how everything was back then. I mean who can argue with a classic movie like this one. I feel that this movie is probably the most entertaining film to watch. as far as vampires are concerned with the Hollywood image that is.

•  REPLY  •

EstrangedOne
EstrangedOne
High Sire (154)
Honor: 167
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
18:16:51 Aug 09 2021
Read 556 times

Personally, I'm more of the scientific/informative type, so frankly, the concept of legend/lore and the scientific studies are and have always been most partial for me. But of course, I never really could stand the fictional depictions, because, well... in the words of an old, distant buddy of mine; "fictional books and films have so much distorted the image of what a vampire is and what a vampire can do, almost to where it's unrecognizable".
For that very reason, I never cared for the fictional writings and films - Hell, the first fictional vampire film I've ever seen, that I actually enjoyed, was Dracula Untold. And that, alone, is a rare occurrence, for me to actually take a liking to a movie, in the first place.

So, in short, for me... Fictions? No thank you. If you want to talk about the legend/lore and science of it all, then I'm game.

•  REPLY  •

Toxicbite29
Toxicbite29
Savage (61)
Honor: -23
[ Give / Take ]
The Celtic Order of the Wolf (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Celtic Order of the Wolf (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 7 years.
10:12:03 Oct 12 2021
Read 495 times

I love to read some of the literature and watch some of the movies, however, I think that Hollywood has sensationalised it too much rather than look at the legends and Lore or the science behind Vampires.

The interview with Don Henri was very compelling and interesting to watch and I could not find fault with what he was saying.

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by Vampirewitch39 on Dec 07 2023  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.1317 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X