General Discussion
•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

kyriaragnar33
kyriaragnar33
Firebrand (79)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
The Cry of the Banshee (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Cry of the Banshee (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 8 years.
20:26:32 Jan 27 2019
Read 1,954 times

This particular discussion is a common yet complex one. For some others say they are because they have the craving for blood. While others have said they are because they evaded death a few times. Although it could be true however it could also mean a medical perspective as well. While on the other hand it is said. that the mind itself is strong enough to fool itself as to what may be the truth. What’s your opinion and what makes you believe that you are one?

•  REPLY  •

04:21:58 Jan 29 2019
Read 1,943 times

Firstly let me make it clear that I do not consider myself a vampire, well a traditional stereotypical vampire anyways. I think there are various reasons why people come to believe they are a "vampire". The definition of what a real vampire is has been discussed at length in this forum many times and this definition is paramount when one claims to be a vampire. For example: If your definition of a vampire is a person that enjoys to consume human or other sources of blood, then being a vampire is not too difficult as this is a dietary choice. If a vampire is a person whom enjoys the dark and is a drain on society you may find a 24 hour grocery store near you full of vampires. If a vampire is someone who bites, stalks people, enjoys Gothic culture, associates with houses and covens, grows more powerful with time and activity, and gains more and more abilities, you may just be a Vampire Rave Vampire. I am not one to dismiss the supernatural either. Some claim their soul is that of a vampire and this claim is impossible to test or prove. This does not make it untrue however. It is a valid belief. To more directly answer your question, my opinion is that we all have a desire to find our true home and family. We are all put in this universe and created uniquely. The kinship some find with the darker aspects of life may cause them to be drawn to the vampire community and thus shape their perspective of their own true self.

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (117)
Honor: 143
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
13:40:04 Jan 29 2019
Read 1,940 times

Ahhhh. Vampirism. A way to be immortal. But, is just a Hollywood and books writer idea to make a buck. If I take you to Budapest, to a small village, where people still living like is 1347, then, your mentality about vampirism will take a detour. Where you live, will shape your perspective about Vampires. I am NOT telling you, that people in Budapest are vampire, is just making a point. Relating to the subject of belief, many people doesn't believe in Voodoo, but, at the same time, if you go to Haiti, is totally alive. So, my point is, "because you don't believe, does not mean, doesn't exist". The human body, especially the genetic part, can change, under some condition. just a tough.

•  REPLY  •

kyriaragnar33
kyriaragnar33
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]

16:08:36 Jan 29 2019
Read 1,937 times

I don’t consider myself to be a vampire either but some say otherwise. The reality is that because i didn’t have any light for many years. I developed a medical condition that burns my skin in less than 3-5 minutes even with sunblock. I might heal fast but i still bleed like everyone else too. Some people ignore the possibility that some things can be medical. while other times it could be just the thought. Vampires has been in anywhere from folk lore myths to the Hollywood image. Passed down time after time though it’s a tough argument. Nonetheless it’s a fair question that takes away from the topic of those who role plays.

•  REPLY  •

01:41:58 Jan 30 2019
Read 1,934 times

1347!? I had no idea people are that old around the world. Thank you for sharing that tidbit of information Markus666. I also totally agree, the body is an amazing thing.
Although you do not consider yourself a vampire Elizabethbathory33, one could argue the point that your medical conditions do make you a real vampire of sorts. At one time a vampire was simply the misunderstanding of corpses. They thought that the dead were coming back to life and feeding on the living because there was red fluid on their mouth, the hair and nails seemed to have grown longer, and their bellies seemed full due to gas. In the past this made everyone believe that they found a real vampire and they Staked the body to the earth to keep it down there. Many myths about vampires are based on this interpretation. If I was you Elizabeth I would embrace the label ;-)

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (117)
[ Give / Take ]

12:16:25 Jan 30 2019
Read 1,931 times

1347 was the year when the Black death hit Europe, killing 30 to 50 percent of Europe population.

•  REPLY  •

17:58:59 Jan 30 2019
Read 1,928 times

Ah, I mis interpreted your sentence. I thought you meant some lived to be 1347 years old in Budapest. You are trying to say they live like it's the year 1347 in Budapest, which is to say that they live like the plague days of Europe. Is that correct?

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (117)
[ Give / Take ]

11:45:23 Jan 31 2019
Read 1,919 times

Yes. And not only in Budapest. many villages in European countries still living without electricity. The modernization of the world is not affecting them. Which is good, my opinion.

•  REPLY  •

19:55:25 Jan 31 2019
Read 1,914 times

I agree to a point Markus666. I know that technology is intended to improve life but we must not let our valuable traditions go either and preserve them for the future. I think your point for this topic is that the vampire of old still exists in these secluded communities whether they are real or not is up for debate but the spirit is very much alive.

•  REPLY  •

DarkestTemptation
DarkestTemptation
Daemon (95)
[ Give / Take ]
Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
20:56:49 Jan 31 2019
Read 1,911 times

Do not deny or disclaim that you are one indeed. We are as in spirit so shall we want to believe in this body on this body of land we now have called our home. Many have struggled to fight to keep there dark side a secret from the world. Embrace yourself and never let others or different ones try to say no you are not.

•  REPLY  •

Margulis626
Margulis626
Shadow (10)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 5 years.
02:30:03 Feb 01 2019
Read 1,907 times

Guilty by association. Ideas do not die, they only travel and the travel shapes them. How well do you fit the idea of vampism? Oh well, some certainly do better than others, but that is not the point. Remember that there is the dragon chocking itself with its own tail on Dracula’s shield. It is there to remind you that “hen to pan”, so it is never about being or not being. It is always about process of permutation.

•  REPLY  •

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
Premiere Sire (124)
Honor: 12
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 6 years.
00:52:42 Feb 02 2019
Read 1,895 times

Personally, I've always enjoyed the taste of blood and flesh. I should clarify that I do not mean in a cannibalistic way but in a sensual manner. I have pale skin which is sunburned very easily, grey eyes which are very sensitive to bright light, and slightly animalistic tendencies at times. I often feel a detachment from the world and that somehow I am much older than my years. I have never considered myself a vampire in the traditional sense but I suppose it might be as close as you get in the modern era. Some say that I bear more of a resemblance to a werewolf but who can really say for sure *grins wickedly*

•  REPLY  •

kyriaragnar33
kyriaragnar33
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]

00:14:00 Feb 03 2019
Read 1,881 times

Not to my knowledge vxvampre, I’m just a unusual woman.

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (117)
[ Give / Take ]

13:23:39 Feb 05 2019
Read 1,873 times

Chupacabra, I am confuse like a cat in a dog convention. If you love the taste of blood and the taste of flesh, do you mean eating them or just licking them? If you eat them, WOW, you are a cannibal and for that, you are living a vampire life. If you are just licking in a sensual way, then, you are a lover. LOL. My humble though.

•  REPLY  •

thecrucible
thecrucible
Termagant (58)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
19:34:20 Feb 05 2019
Read 1,869 times

I was given a gift. I would say more about it so as to add to your thread - I think it’s a great question. I do not think I could share more detail about my gift, simply because it’s something I view as being too personal.

I feel comfortable addressing a few other phenomenons which involve the logic of a vampire as they realize their nature.

One common trait of vampires is that they feel in some way different, for as long as they remember... one day it occurs to them that they are a vampire, generally the information is as clear as day, unavoidable. I wouldn’t say it’s an illogical or delusional thought that they have, it’s self-discovery. From that day forth it is understand what it is to be a vampire.

Some people describe waking up or suddenly feeling changed... it seems to happen in an instant, and they simply will be that way forever, never unaware of the differences ... I understand that may sound more like fiction, if a person had never encountered fiction they would probably perceive that form of immortal vampirism when they encounter it.

Some people go into realities and return different, they are conscious of their change at the time.

There are likely many kinds of awakenings.

•  REPLY  •

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
Premiere Sire (124)
Honor: 12
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 6 years.
00:30:55 Feb 07 2019
Read 1,850 times

Markus, of course I enjoy the taste of flesh and blood...but I only eat people I don’t like *sinister smile*

•  REPLY  •

DanielleMoonchilde
DanielleMoonchilde
Marplot (14)
[ Give / Take ]
02:44:24 Feb 07 2019
Read 1,847 times

i do not believe vampires and lycans exist. not sure why anyone would sit there and claim such things when they aren't real. thats how i feel about it. i admit at one time when i was younger i thought i was but i grew up and saw reality and realize that it was all in my mind and that there is no such things as them. i think its all for attention. thats my viewpoint.

•  REPLY  •

kyriaragnar33
kyriaragnar33
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]

18:37:46 Feb 07 2019
Read 1,834 times

What made you believe that you were at one point? And what made you have a change of mind?

•  REPLY  •

DanielleMoonchilde
DanielleMoonchilde
Marplot (14)
[ Give / Take ]
18:48:44 Feb 07 2019
Read 1,832 times

i was young, naive and was dealing with the death of a best friend so i was in a dark place in my mind. so i was dressing gothic and like the crow. i had a nervous breakdown so that contributed to that.

what changed my mind was the fact that i was make believing a fantasy cause of the movies

•  REPLY  •

thecrucible
thecrucible
Termagant (58)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
23:05:11 Feb 07 2019
Read 1,828 times

DanielleMoonchilde You mentioned that previously you thought you were one, then realizing as an adult that this was not real... Did you ever meet anyone that you thought might be a real vampire? It is difficult, (facing strange laws in existence such as death and hidden truth). Does it bother you, the idea that we don’t exist? And I’m sorry.

Elizabethbathory33, you mentioned that you do not feel like you are a vampire, that being in lack of light caused a medical condition. Do you feel, that, after this happened, you sprang up into higher health than before. Was the affect of your health being compressed creating any vampiric change?

•  REPLY  •

kyriaragnar33
kyriaragnar33
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]

21:29:55 Feb 08 2019
Read 1,813 times

I had to go to the hospital after being without a sweater on in the hot sun. Even though it was for less than roughly half a hour. My skin doesn’t adapt to the sun that well. Doctors believe my case is something unusual. All the same, my father boarded the windows just about everything around me. I had complete darkness, nothing but a mere candle to keep me company. (Other than books he gave me of course). This went on for almost 8 years of my life. It’s more annoying to me than there is something for me liking any of this. Painful oh yes do I heal, well the body always heals naturally. (There is nothing unusual about that.) do I feel like I’m a vampire because of this not really. Even if there’s little logic in this medical condition. This also has very little evidence to what is known to be a vampire. This is also broken down into many different conclusions anywhere from the folklore tales to new studies in today’s society.

•  REPLY  •

kyriaragnar33
kyriaragnar33
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]

03:31:41 Feb 09 2019
Read 1,806 times

I can understand how you feel danielle, for what it’s worth though I’m glad that you felt apart of it.

•  REPLY  •

kyriaragnar33
kyriaragnar33
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]

12:49:49 Feb 09 2019
Read 1,803 times

By the way this comment pertains to a past tentative during a younger age. So sorry if this seemed a little bit misguiding. What I experience now isn’t as severe.

•  REPLY  •

kyriaragnar33
kyriaragnar33
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]

17:28:00 Feb 11 2019
Read 1,783 times

I definitely like your answer vxvampre that’s a interesting way of looking at it.

•  REPLY  •

kyriaragnar33
kyriaragnar33
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]

17:31:37 Feb 11 2019
Read 1,781 times

But of course all these comments are quite fascinating.

•  REPLY  •

Doru
Doru
Venerable Sire (134)
Honor: 579
[ Give / Take ]

Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
08:30:29 Mar 25 2019
Read 1,736 times

"As Professor Margaret Murray discovered herself, vampirism was not the prerogative of the merchant or peasant classes, but was a cultic observance confined to the environs of the nobility, often as an adjunct to rites of the Noble and Royal Witch Covens of Scotland.

We can say with confidence then that real vampirism was indulged in by living beings who, unerringly, were members of the pre-christian and anti-christian high nobility and royalty. The most famous vampire stories, those of Dracula, Bathory and de Rais, support this conclusion. The historical evidence therefore supports the etymological origin of the word ’vampire’ - An Overlord.

Vampirism, up until the early 1700’s, by which time it had been in decline for several centuries, was not merely or solely the practice of a few isolated, high-born opportunists seeking some form of personal advantage or satisfying private perversions. Vampirism took two forms and the bloodline descendants of the ancient vampire lords had, in Britain, set the practice within an overall, multi-faceted social and cultural framework, stemming from the Iron-Age, that never gets an airing in the Gothic novel.

Vampires weren’t just vampires, as the penny dreadful would have us believe, they were individuals and families who used the practice to achieve specific aims and thereby fulfill those specific social obligations which, since the Scythian-Celtic period of the High Dragon Kings, were equated with their rank and position as leaders and overseers."

From the following link: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/dragons/esp_sociopol_dragoncourt02_01.htm

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (117)
[ Give / Take ]

21:36:27 Mar 25 2019
Read 1,730 times

DanielleMoonchilde, many people got the weird imagination about Vampires, and the cause is because the influence of Books and Movies. Since an early ages, monster's movies has been part of a Saturday night, with friends around and snack and drinks. But, there are another spectrum that many people don't know about it. Vampirism is a way of living. Is like a cult, where the members get toguether and celebrate the moment. Remember, you are from a western mentality and your environment is blurry, when come to the understanding of such of thing, like Vampirism.

Teachings Of Narayana Vampirism Revealed Within Vaisnavism

Tempel of Azagthoth
P.O. Box 4932
Cary, NC 27519-4932
USA

•  REPLY  •

thecrucible
thecrucible
Termagant (58)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
01:26:31 Mar 27 2019
Read 1,722 times

Doru, that is an interesting rendition of vampirism in history... The history of them is vast... I see the same list of facts, and yet I have a different conceptualization of a vampire’s revelation and presence in history, based on those facts. I feel vampires are as original as creation itself... and that any societal connections or politics is not a choice as much as it is a form of slavery. I think that each vampire is an individual also, though... and so, whatever is applied to a vampire is not something that can be applied to everyone.

DanielleMoonchilde, I meant my first post informatively... my ideas come from personal experiences only... in experience, people who have an affinity with vampirism attract vampires... because I am a vampire I can partly see where your artistic ideas are from... I didn’t entirely mean to express it...

I reject anything outside of truth altogether. I have a logical understanding of vampirism. I don’t make an attempt to paint my words to be anything but what they are... and so commonly what I’ve said has been misinterpreted.

I guess I’ll add as a final point that the most definitive thing I can find about all vampires - is that there is more than one kind... I think that is of some great importance, when facts about culture are taken into consideration... It isn’t as if all that is vampiric has the same characteristics...
they aren’t all gothic, they don’t always hold the same definition, they don’t have the same roots, the life-path chosen is never exactly the same, it is of the most complex subjects ...

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (117)
[ Give / Take ]

20:23:19 May 10 2019
Read 1,664 times

I post on my Journal an article dating back to the mid 70"s. I will be translating it later on. Vampirism still alive and will be for eternity.

•  REPLY  •

kyriaragnar33
kyriaragnar33
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]

02:11:16 May 12 2019
Read 1,655 times

I’m definitely going to be reading this. after all I’ve always loved your intelligent mind.

•  REPLY  •

ForgottenGoddess
ForgottenGoddess

No Longer Registered
02:19:18 Jun 14 2019
Read 1,618 times

The term "Vampire" is simply a metaphor that we use to describe the actions of what a person can do in a vampiric manner.
Most people who ARE human living vampires, go through an "awakening" process. This usually happens in the teenage years,
however, for some, it can happen at a later age. Sometimes vampiric entities that lurk around a certain individual, can deplete that
person of energy, forcing them to feed, and become as a vampire. That is a TEMPORARY form of vampirism.
Blood drinking for most people who do it, is more of an act, however take someone who is a psychic vampire, can also drink blood, but for them,
it's pulling the life force direct from the blood, and not the actual blood is needed. Some like the taste though.
According to Judaism, vampiric spirits are mentioned, but those lurk outside of body. A person who is vampiric, can go outside of body
and feed from others that way as well. As for myself, I am questioning my vampirism, because the need to feed (sounds like a movie), is not
there for me. However, that doesn't mean i'm not doing it unaware, and I have been validated many times that I am a psychic type. I haven't
done that for a long time now. I don't believe people are vampires. I KNOW some truly are. :)

•  REPLY  •

Vampireking777
Vampireking777
Carnal Creature (56)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
03:15:15 Oct 15 2019
Read 1,441 times

Well I think it something you feel you are as vampirism is 4000+ years old as you can be born with it cause it is a cancer that changed over time that the tech today can't pick up

•  REPLY  •

Vampireking777
Vampireking777
Carnal Creature (56)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
04:53:52 Oct 15 2019
Read 1,434 times

Well the ignorant will say they don't exist when the facts say otherwise

•  REPLY  •

Dakotah
Dakotah
Premiere Sire (120)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 10 years.
19:44:06 Oct 24 2019
Read 1,402 times

@Vampireking777 You keep posting how most are ignornat that vampires exist. Post and share what 'facts' are there that they do exist. I am not saying one way or the other what I believe here. But post your facts to educate the ignorant. Educate the masses.

•  REPLY  •

Vampireking777
Vampireking777
Carnal Creature (56)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
08:51:33 Oct 31 2019
Read 1,383 times

Dakota go look at the home page of vampire rave

•  REPLY  •

Doru
Doru
Venerable Sire (134)
[ Give / Take ]

18:47:22 Dec 01 2019
Read 1,291 times

We all see life in the small spectrum that has evolved throughout our enculturation, of which, has shaped our understanding, withstanding, our mental ability to do so or not. Therefore, our concept of living vampires stems from our limited knowledge, ability, biases, experiences, and our ability to divulge such information clearly. Reality is then possessed by the mental ability of the being possessing any such beliefs, no matter what collectively society may believe.

•  REPLY  •

FracturedMoonlight
FracturedMoonlight
Revenant (41)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
18:53:32 Jan 02 2020
Read 1,200 times

I was recently told that I may have one of the Porphyrias, not the vampire kind and tests are yet to be definitive, but I’ve been learning a lot about this group of blood disorders that affect the bodies heme production.

“The Vampire kind”, or Erythropoietic protoporphyria, is said to be what Dracula, or Vlad the Impailer, had.

“ “People with EPP are chronically anemic, which makes them feel very tired and look very pale with increased photosensitivity because they can’t come out in the daylight,” says Barry Paw MD, PhD, of the Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center. “Even on a cloudy day, there’s enough ultraviolet light to cause blistering and disfigurement of the exposed body parts, ears and nose.”

Staying indoors during the day and receiving blood transfusions containing sufficient heme levels can help alleviate some of the disorder’s symptoms. In ancient times, emerging only at night may have achieved a similar effect — adding further fuel to the legend of vampires. “

“ In 1963, the Proceedings of the Royal Society of Medicine, which is now the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, published the paper “On porphyria and the ætiology of werewolves.” Its main thesis was that because of a lack of scientific and medical knowledge in the Middle Ages, the legends of the werewolves were spawned from accounts of porphyria. It has even been suggested that Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia, more commonly known by his infamous surname Dracula, suffered from porphyria. In some circles, porphyrias are actually called the “vampire disease.” However, any association with vampires does a great disservice to the poor souls who suffer from these diseases. “

Quoted text from
https://vector.childrenshospital.org/2017/09/gene-protoporphyria-blood-disorder/
https://www.medicalbag.com/home/features/profile-in-rare-diseases/porphyria/

I am not a vampire and have never claimed to be but I’m not “normal”. Odd energy has always followed me and I’m at very least an Empath. If I’m going to sick, at least it’s maybe something interesting enough to be shrouded in dark myths.

•  REPLY  •

MutantGoth
MutantGoth
Illusionist (78)
Honor: 85
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Hellhounds is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Hellhounds
Vampire Rave member for 4 years.
23:52:41 Dec 04 2020
Read 973 times

Porphyria...

•  REPLY  •

19:22:00 Dec 06 2020
Read 963 times

MutantGoth can you elaborate on how you connect Porphyria to vampires?

•  REPLY  •

Doru
Doru
Venerable Sire (134)
[ Give / Take ]

01:54:16 Dec 14 2020
Read 950 times

It is not as "if" we see ourselves as a vampire, it is "if" society perceive us as one.

•  REPLY  •

OccultRanger
OccultRanger
Premiere Sire (120)
Honor: -668
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 4 years.
03:45:24 Feb 12 2021
Read 872 times

So the question for this thread is: "What makes us believe we are a vampire"?

If you have a submissive attitude to a strong personality this would "make" you believe.

If you are subject to occult forces that are of the catabolic nature this would "make" you believe as well.

Not many are privy to these things so there is much skepticism.

•  REPLY  •

Audio
Audio
Shadow (10)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 3 years.
05:00:02 Mar 05 2021
Read 840 times

I have a love-hate relationship with the word "vampire." On one hand, it leads me to communities like this where people are fairly open with their experiences and what those experiences make them. On the other, it implies a reliance/dependency on those who have made me feel Othered which is absolutely abhorrent.

So I'd have to agree that "being a vampire" isn't a personal decision, but one that society enforces. I don't think many enjoy admitting to a dependency on others so may not feel like a vampire at all if they're even compelled to label themselves. It's the people around you that can properly dispense that title whether you're amenable to it or not.

•  REPLY  •

IveXtastedxthexrainbow
IveXtastedxthexrainbow
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of La Bella Oscuridad
Vampire Rave member for 15 years.
20:01:57 May 09 2021
Read 760 times

I don't consider myself to be a vampire, or believe they are real. I think they are interesting and I have always liked the supernatural or occult.

•  REPLY  •

Doru
Doru
Venerable Sire (134)
[ Give / Take ]

14:08:15 May 19 2021
Read 741 times

We are neither wholly born nor wholly made what we are. The choice for us to become was made long ago. From that time onward, we have been reborn again and again, carrying within us in every lifetime the seed of what we are.

Sometimes we forget ourselves, and wander our lives like sleepwalkers, only half-aware of our true natures. Yet sleeping or awakened, we are born with the potential for transformation.

Awakening is a process of expanded awareness. Anyone with gifts and talents of a subtle nature undergoes an awakening in their life. This is when they come into their own, finally accepting what has been latent within them since birth. For us, the process can be traumatic, as the existence we awaken to opens us up to a host of strange thoughts, sensations, and experiences which lie outside the limits accepted even by other Awakened.

Awakening is the alchemical forge in which we are transformed from dross to spiritual gold. It is the recalling of a part of our Selves that has become clouded over time. It is becoming more than the little self of this lifetime, grasping the totality of who we were and who we are to be -- our Essential Self.

Some of us have greater potential than others. Some are born with an instinctive understanding of their potential and they may gradually come to realize that potential on their own. They recall without prompting and their power is great.

The bulk of our number are born ignorant to what they are. As they grow and mature, there are subtle hints of the latent power, but fear and self-doubt generally keep these from being acknowledged and accepted. Such as these must be awakened to their true selves by another of our number already familiar to our ways.

There are two rituals of initiation. The Lesser Initiation is an exchange of feeding which occurs between the teacher and the initiate. The initiate is drained deeply, often for the first time. This heightens his awareness of his energy body and will often catalyze him into realizing his potential in the next few days. The sensations that this process inspires are usually too intense to ignore or explain away. If fed from deeply enough, his instincts will overcome him and he will feed from others in order to replenish his depleted system.

The Greater Initiation involves a ritual death and rebirth which occurs on both the physical and spiritual levels for the initiate. It is visionary and shamanic in nature and forces the initiate to face himself and all that he has been within the boundaries of his own soul. Like all deaths and rebirths, this ritual strips away old identities and assumptions. The little self of this lifetime is subsumed into the greater Self, and the initiate is irrevocably changed. This rite is reserved for only the strongest minds, for any who are weak or filled with fear may not survive the initiation. Their minds can be blown away like dry autumn leaves in the face of the totality of who they are.

•  REPLY  •

TheeAngelofDarkness
TheeAngelofDarkness
Ethereal Being (31)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Guardians Of The Night (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 2 years.
21:49:25 May 30 2021
Read 725 times

I don't consider myself a vampire, but have always been fascinated by the idea of them. To be immortal is would be amazing.

•  REPLY  •

EstrangedOne
EstrangedOne
High Sire (157)
Honor: 159
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
09:45:00 May 31 2021
Read 719 times

The concept of vampirism and the many stemming factors surrounding it goes as far back as history itself (and I'm sure I'm not the only one to point that out in this thread).
As for myself, let's just say that it's been a very long road, on which I had to find a lot of things out the hard way. Things that I once thought were nothing more than fiction I learned held ties to some of the world's most ancient legends, and even found some things that no one (not even someone as twisted as I have become) would expect.

I write about a majority of those things in my journals, both personal (my physical journal) and on here, which the latter I make a point of keeping public if I can, simply because I just nk longer care what the rest of the world thinks about it or myself.

•  REPLY  •

Zurix
Zurix
Irritater (16)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 2 years.
22:48:31 Jun 03 2021
Read 712 times

i not belive it just multiple ppl say me that i am :D i usualy not go arguing

•  REPLY  •

Aemilian
Aemilian
Malignant Spirit (49)
[ Give / Take ]
Chateau Orleans (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Chateau Orleans (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 9 years.
05:09:12 Jun 08 2021
Read 696 times

I have been on this website for about 15 years, so I've seen all sorts of pretentious claims. Some people had this mental thing where they truly believed they were vampires. That was ok. I merely assumed they wanted to roleplay a more interesting life. However, the claims that I personally took offense to is when they moved from claiming to be vampires, to claiming to be vampire *hunters*, and even Demons. I was amused until one girl told me that she was an Aspicio Demon, and I told her that that specific demon was a figment of the mind of Kelley Armstrong and her 'Women of the Otherworld' series and promptly blocked her.

I don't mind if people claim to be vampires, we all know that they aren't. However, Demonolatry and Demonology, along with other Occult-ish 'sects' for lack of a better word always strike a nerve for me as I've spent the past 20 years researching and studying from the Ars Theurgia, The Orphic Hymns, etc. I don't appreciate people making a mockery of things that I find important. It's cool if it's about Vampires, as Twilight has already made a mockery of it.

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by Vampirewitch39 on Dec 07 2023  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.4953 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X