Malignant Spirit (49)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Chateau Orleans (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Chateau Orleans (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 9 years.
18:30:20 Jan 28 2019
Read 219 times

Let me preface this thread to acknowledge that, while this conversation is not on a terribly pleasant topic, I have zero intention or desire to offend anyone - I am merely seeking opinions to see if perhaps others have had similar mindsets and have found their own solutions.

I came to this website more than 10 years ago as Darklight. It was a wonderful, amazing place back then. While we didn't have as many members, there were many 'old timers' who I truly respected, admired, and adored such as Emmy, Moonie, Kamui, Narakyndryn, Dami, Enhoa, TheBatt, etc. Many people who I remain in contact with to this day on one medium or another.

With the welcome influx of newer members, it gives us new bonds to create and wonderful people to get to know.

However with this influx comes drama. Pettiness. Immaturity.

When I was new here, the drama that we had was never intense and rarely public. If anything, it was resolved quickly, and we could go back to having fun arguing with the bots in the Conservatory (as was my favorite thing to do!) or play Hangman and other games, or just chat among ourselves.

Now it seems that it's constantly in your face. There seems to be some sort of clique mentality that I've always detested, and to be honest, and this may sound harsh, but it's legit, it's the reason a lot of the old timers I still speak to have left.

A website that was once nothing but fun for his has become an annoyance, full of people who bicker and fight and rage block you, or even block you because someone 'told them to'. This never happened when I was a Whelp more than 10 years ago. It was a welcoming place full of people who truly wanted to help and educate and guide, not people who messed with you to gain the approval of others.

So I left. I deleted my profile and vanished for 6 years, before gritting my teeth and making a new one. And even now, I'm rarely here, not just because of my Military duties, but because

Nothing.
Has.
Changed.

This is a problem. A huge problem. Because the membership of VR, in my opinion isn't being enhanced by new members. It's weeding out the members who actually care about this website and others and replacing them with members who treat this like 3rd grade drama club. I do not mean to imply that EVERY new member does this, but I do mean to imply that enough do to make it noticeable.

I am sure I am not the only person who feels this way.

Therefore, I am seeking ideas on how to best handle the VR drama. "Ignore it"? I do. Until it fills my inbox and I miss messages from people who I actually want to chat with. "Just leave"? I have, and I do. I am barely, if ever, on here. Clearly these two methods solve nothing.

Therefore, I'd like to ask the community, mostly the older members how they have stuck around without quitting, and how they keep the drama away from them.

I would also like to request that no names are mentioned in the negative. This isn't a thread meant to hate on anyone in particular, or even to be hateful in general. I do not wish to leave this website, and the members that I speak to did not wish to leave either, and those that I speak to want to return. But the drama is keeping them away.

Ideas and suggestions will be helpful and warmly received.

Cheers,
Nicolescu

•  REPLY  •

Aemilian
Aemilian
Malignant Spirit (49)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Chateau Orleans (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Chateau Orleans (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 9 years.
18:35:53 Jan 28 2019
Read 217 times

Apologies for any typos that this thread may contain - I am at the end of a 24 hour Duty shift.

•  REPLY  •

MooniePie
MooniePie
Royal Sire (226)
Honor: 40
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 19 years.
19:34:43 Jan 28 2019
Read 212 times

Talking about the drama and conflicts are more of a journal item and not the main forums.

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by MooniePie on Jan 28 2019  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.0642 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X