Wolvie
Wolvie
Venerable Sire (131)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
23:40:18 Jun 10 2019
Read 901 times

How do you feel about dark realm ( vampire, werewolf, witches and the like ) movies that go away from the traditional mythology?

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 139
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
12:30:08 Jun 11 2019
Read 892 times

The answer, BAD. The old film makers were fanatics of the Unknown and through their film, they brought back into the light, folks legends. Today, the new fil makers are targeting the young generation, and the restriction as what to film, is a block to the real topic.

•  REPLY  •

ForgottenGoddess
ForgottenGoddess

No Longer Registered
02:37:03 Jun 14 2019
Read 888 times

I'm open to change whenever it comes to anything film. I think some people grow tired of the same old thing all of the time, so people have
to get a little more creative. As long as that creativity doesn't sound completely stupid and off-the-wall, I think in the realm of cinema,
that's what the world of books and movies are about.

•  REPLY  •

FluffyPuff
FluffyPuff
Antagonist (37)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 4 years.
00:43:32 Jul 28 2019
Read 817 times

I like seeing new interpretations. The creativity of some people is astounding. I wish I had an imagination even half as wonderful.

•  REPLY  •

CreepyFear
CreepyFear
Nihilist (19)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 4 years.
02:54:53 Jul 30 2019
Read 809 times

It's stupid. It's just like the Twilight books/movies turning vampires into stupid, sparkly things. No. Vampires are monsters. And not glitter-covered ones. And let's not get started on what that awful series did to the kink community...

•  REPLY  •

LibraLaneyLuvz
LibraLaneyLuvz
Hellion (73)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 13 years.
16:29:56 Aug 07 2019
Read 785 times

It depends on how those films are done. Like CreepyFear said, movies like "Twilight" almost bastardize the vampire species by making them fluffy, romantic types. And sure, they can be. But vamps are indeed monsters, and they tend to be sexual beings who prey on their victims, and often times without those victims' consent.

One zombie movie that strays away from the mythology - but only slightly - is the Canadian film "Fido". It's a satire about what would happen if a zombie were a family's pet, like a dog. It's actually a really good film, and pretty funny too - I definitely recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.

It's one thing to stray from mythology for a modern retelling of things - but to eradicate the mythology completely is a dishonor to those myths of old.

•  REPLY  •

17:02:05 Aug 09 2019
Read 772 times

I think a film should be intended to entertain first and foremost. I realize that we tend to find our niche at a young age about what a certain film should be like when we see the first film of that type. This sort of sets your particular foundation for the future. Sometimes we enjoy a twist from the "original" some times we think they messed it all up and desire more of a sense of nostalgia. However in my perspective none of the films about these monsters are 100% accurate to their mythology or to reality to begin with, so as time goes on it should be expected for films to go up and down on tradition.

•  REPLY  •

LilWyldTygressKittyn
LilWyldTygressKittyn
Transgressor (54)
[ Give / Take ]
Poison (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Poison (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 8 years.
05:53:16 Nov 07 2020
Read 544 times

I don't mind as long as the authors of books screen writers make it believe able
I believe that there could be some supernatural creatures that are not totally monsters but a part of them are still good if they were before they were turned

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by Vampirewitch39 on Dec 07 2023  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.1159 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X