VR
Vampiric Spirituality (with the help of VR)
General Discussion
•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

vormel
vormel
Hellhound (70)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Invisus Secretus is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Invisus Secretus
Vampire Rave member for 6 years.
09:33:04 Sep 04 2023
Read 203 times

Since a time ago, I've been practicing a type of vampiric meditation that, honestly, is helping me a lot.

It consists of meditating on the meaning of each of the levels that VR proposes in the progress of its members: whelp, leech, parasite....malefactor, blood drinker....primogenitor, sire, etc. That is to say, my technique consists of meditating on the symbolism associated with each level, its characteristics, its meaning in history and literature... and after gathering all the possible information, confronting it with the personal situation, with the natural or supernatural capacities, with the objectives, difficulties, aids, etc. It is amazing how much information is obtained and, by the way, very useful information for self-knowledge and for progress towards that ideal of vampire nature we are aiming for.

For example, as of today (04.09.2023 of the common era or September 4 of the year 5023 after Lilitu), my level is that of "Doppelganger". By the way, several people have advised me to be somewhat careful with this level, as a Doppelganger has the potential not only to see everything you see, but also to experience everything you experience. Aside from that, in researching, I have found the following information:

Doppelganger is a biologically unrelated look-alike, or a double, of a living person. In mythology, a doppelgänger is often portrayed as a ghostly or paranormal phenomenon and usually seen as a harbinger of bad luck. Other traditions and stories equate a doppelgänger with an evil twin. In modern times, the term twin stranger is occasionally used. (For further details, you can look for it at Wikipedia).

Well, in my particular case, meditating on the "Doppelganger level" helps me to analyze possible bipolarities, character changes, unstable spirituality, etc.

Do you have any experience on vampire spirituality and meditation based on vampire mythology?

•  REPLY  •

EstrangedOne
EstrangedOne
High Sire (157)
Honor: 159
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
00:59:02 Sep 08 2023
Read 190 times

Personally, No. But then, I also don't focus on one manner of spirituality. Not a bad concept, though. I'll definitely grant you that one.
I, myself, keep up much more with things closer to the lines of Spell-craft/witchcraft in all forms possible. My personal favorite, thanks to my little brother, has actually become Psychic magic(k), due to having found out from him just how utilizable and strangely handy it can be. Though, it doesn't really matter what you practice, in my experience. Any and everything includes having to "ground" the Self, in a manner of speaking.

I certainly wouldn't say that the Rave has assisted me, in any way, with 'spirituality'. But in other ways, it has shown me a faintly broader "horizon", so to speak.

•  REPLY  •

vormel
vormel
Hellhound (70)
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Invisus Secretus is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Invisus Secretus
Vampire Rave member for 6 years.
09:38:44 Sep 15 2023
Read 184 times

Thank you, EstrangedOne, for your thoughts that I'm considering.

•  REPLY  •

LordWolf
LordWolf
Charmer (84)
Honor: 6
[ Give / Take ]
House Eternal is a member of an Alliance

Member of House Eternal
Vampire Rave member for 15 years.
03:04:00 Sep 24 2023
Read 161 times

I practice some of the things described in the book "Sanguinaricon". Black mirror meditations for example. I think its helped center me more.
W

•  REPLY  •

EstrangedOne
EstrangedOne
High Sire (157)
Honor: 159
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
20:59:56 Sep 24 2023
Read 158 times

Something I did neglect to mention is that it also depends upon whether you're talking about "vampire spirituality" as is so commonly talked about by the masses, or the "Temple of the Vampire" concept of it all.
Personally, I especially don't subscribe to either one, but I do take into account, as with many things, they do have their place. I also live by a vastly different 'code' from what most in either factor try to instruct, so following either concept would be rather pointless for me.

To the ToV, the "vampire code" is always held very loosely, and just like with most religions, is often thrown about or seems to be discarded at a moment's notice, to suit someone's own agenda (personally, I'm not a fan of that, but hey).
Then you have the many varying "teachings" of most alleged "elders of the community". I rely more upon instinct, logic, and the focus of my own mind and energies, so once again, rendered rather pointless. The only thing that I will openly give due credit, there, is that (from what I have seen, at least) there are some who do try to teach openness with openness. Honestly, that is just about the only thing (or one of the few) I can really agree with, despite having been exiled, even from that, some time ago.

Overall, however, my concept of it is that being a vampire is not a spirituality, unless you decide to make it so. It's something that literally lives in your veins, and thus, at some point, alters the way you life, entirely. But I also view it much more through the scientific lens, since I've long been studying it that way, and it took me years to fully find what it was that made me the way I am - not an easy thing to do, when you're surrounded by religion and you're seeking something biological.

•  REPLY  •

Aeznara
Aeznara
Irritater (16)
[ Give / Take ]
03:06:03 Dec 26 2023
Read 86 times

I find the idea of meditating on the levels pretty interesting. I often meditate on language that comes up a lot for me or is particularly gripping, looking for the seeds of some greater truth or understanding within that prompt.

I mean as far as meditations go archetypes can be meditated on. I am just learning more about the vampire community, but I have always been one; just in a different context socially. I am really glad to talk about this stuff and have been a bit underwhelmed with the amount of good conversation about vampyric topics here. There is some though.

To the note on being surrounded by religion while you look for something biological I guess I can relate to that. Reminds me of having this clearly physical expericence that no one else seemed to have a reason for or want to talk about and so as a kid I turned to my own spirituality to address physical needs as I was Pretty ill and messed up so that was what was available. The spiritual aspects helped hold my own mind together until I could address the physicalities better. I raged against religion. I knew spiritual stuff was real because I could see and feel stuff happening and moving around and it can be infuriating when religion doesn't want to address these things.

Basically I feel like riding the edge of what is physically possible and spirituallity are very much entwined. Technology is also mirrored off of reality so studying reality through meditation and such can bring greater clarity about the technology of our bodies.

•  REPLY  •

POST RESPONSE

•   QUOTE  •   QUOTE HELP  •  

POST PREVIEW

•  CLOSE PREVIEW  •  
Post preview does not reflect tags that may be stripped out after you post. What HTML tags you can use depends on your membership type. More information.

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.0979 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X