Bloodmother
Bloodmother
Sire (108)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
20:54:49 Aug 12 2011
Read 4,149 times

Whether you believe in vampires, or just enjoy a literary romp with them, is Faith in a Higher Being, or Spiritual Belief the foundation for such belief or pleasure?

Is Faith in a Higher Being the primary ingredient for Fear?

•  REPLY  •

PoeticHeart
PoeticHeart
Anarchist (88)
[ Give / Take ]
Poison (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Poison (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 13 years.
21:36:33 Aug 12 2011
Read 4,143 times

Very intriguing topic. One I've never given much thought to. Thats probably due to the fact that I don't believe in a higher power.

However, if you were to look at it from that stand point, wouldn't it only make sense? If you believe in a Divine Creator, then you believe that person created you, thus having to instill vampirism in you (if you follow the hypothesis that you are born a vampire).

•  REPLY  •

LordZmey
LordZmey

No Longer Registered
22:09:25 Aug 12 2011
Read 4,139 times

Hmm well I was brought up catholic though I follow no religion in the present I was taught that "god" creates all and knows what path all shall follow. So being that this were true yes I believe god did create vampires as well as all other creatures of the night.

I mean is it so ludicrus to believe that "god" would create creatures whom survive on human flesh/life force exc? When the animal kingdom consists of exactly this.

•  REPLY  •

kenji99
kenji99

No Longer Registered
00:51:47 Aug 13 2011
Read 4,129 times

It could be a possibility. A theory that is close to it talks about Jesus doing this to us because of one man. Judas Iscariot one of Jesus's twelve disciples denied Jesus in his life during his crucifixion for 30 pieces of gold. Therefore cursed him saying that he will work this earth forever as if the blood of Satan is in his mouth. I've read that story again and again and it is interesting but still.... there is no proof but as I said it could be a possibility.

•  REPLY  •

Isis101
Isis101
Venerable Sire (134)
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Lunazure is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Lunazure
01:18:39 Aug 13 2011
Read 4,124 times

If one believes that the vampires came from Fallen Angels, then yes...God did create vampires.

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
02:02:13 Aug 13 2011
Read 4,118 times

Just because Vampires descended from those falsely vilified as "Fallen Angels" provides no evidence for "God" having creating either group. Both the term "God" and "Fallen Angels" are simply specific interpretations given to events and persons that defy easy explanation by one particular group of people (in this case, the ancient Israelites). The actual explanation is most certainly far removed from such basically superstitious interpretations.

•  REPLY  •

SireHecate
SireHecate

No Longer Registered
03:55:00 Aug 13 2011
Read 4,110 times

I agree with Upir. I will say that Lilith was considered a Vampiric character however that's in dispute

•  REPLY  •

Severus
Severus
Sire (107)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 15 years.
04:58:26 Aug 13 2011
Read 4,107 times

I must unfortunately disagree with you both... Big shock right Upir. lol

The supposition is that God did not actively create Vampires or Fallen Angels is irrelevant.
If you believe in God then you in turn must believe in the ideology that he is all knowing and all powerful. Thus if Vampires do exist then God actively allowed for our existence.
One could then conclude that we are part of God's master plan and therefore part of his creation. He loves all his creations and thus loves Vampires.

All I can tell you is I love the circular reasoning of Religion. lol

•  REPLY  •

kenji99
kenji99

No Longer Registered
05:23:07 Aug 13 2011
Read 4,102 times

Well everything is a dispute and a contradiction depending on another persons belief and whether they are spiritual or not. But in all reality no matter what your belief really is, everything is debatable to an extent.

•  REPLY  •

PriestessxKarei
PriestessxKarei
Heretic (18)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 12 years.
05:28:51 Aug 13 2011
Read 4,101 times

Yes and no.

Cause and effect really. Even if you believe Lilith to be the first Vampire, she was created by God and then cast out when she refused to submit (if you believe the jewish story). The accounts of Lilith go way back to the Mesopotamian culture, the first civilization.

If you believe Judas was the first Vampire, God created Judas fulling knowing his betrayl but this was a needed stepped for the Salvation of all. He betrayed Jesus with kiss for 30 Silver, regretted what he did and then hung himself out of guilt. Some believe he was cursed to walk the earth as the living dead to atone for his crime. Though Judas made a choice that was wrong, if not for that choice, Jesus would not have been crucified. So I would have a hard time believing Judas was cursed for his free will choice which is promised to us by God.

Some people think that the Catholic's created the first Vampires by a Ritual that binds the soul to the body and does not allow it to move on. Its a terrible curse but would make sense.

All in all, if you believe that God created everything, then yes, he created Vampires. God created Lucifer too I might add and I don't think any Vampire could reach those levels of darkness. But I think the creation was a side effect of a punishment. Removal from Grace, Cast out from Heaven, etc.

Asking if God loves Vampires totally depends on the Vampire. Its like asking if God loves people who work for the IRS, Tax Collectors, which were looked down upon in Jesus' time. It all depends on your life, your choices and relationship with God. Let us not forget Faith as well.

Priestess Karei

•  REPLY  •

Soulshroude
Soulshroude

No Longer Registered
05:51:35 Aug 13 2011
Read 4,098 times

Religion is in place for man to find and become like "God", it is there for those who would seek to reign over their fellow people with such tactics as fear for example. If one would put fear into the heart of its audience for the benefit of manipulation and it works, what is to stop that same individual to create a realistic scenerio based on folklore?

I believe the "creation" question to be about science and not religious idealism. Then of course, the fundamentalists would have a field day with this one.

(Chuckles)I didn't answer the question directly, did I?

•  REPLY  •

RighteousFatality
RighteousFatality
Grave Robber (22)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
06:09:23 Aug 13 2011
Read 4,095 times

Interesting topic.

I don't believe all religion has to do with fear, but in some of them, fear is indeed the main ingredient for strong faith. The larger, monotheistic religions thrive on fear. Their very belief system would buckle under it's own weight if it's evil and sinister counterparts didn't exist. The question is, what is the most effective way for making someone do what you want, and that is fear. Love can work, but in the aspect of religion, strong faith due to love instead of fear would be a low percentage.

Let's say hypothetically that Hell didn't exist in the Judeo Christian dogma, and that Satan was never mentioned. What incentive would that leave people to have faith? God says that lust, pride and gluttony are sins, but sin would have no meaning if there were no punishment, which is why fear is required for a lot of religions. Exhaustive claims require exhaustive reason.

•  REPLY  •

FateUnseen
FateUnseen
Shaitan (64)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 14 years.
06:49:45 Aug 13 2011
Read 4,091 times

anything is hypothetically possible in terms of the supernatural, If God is the "creator" then in one form or another yes he/she must be directly or indirectly responsible for vampires

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 143
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
17:59:44 Aug 13 2011
Read 4,077 times

Wow..Interesting question. My two cents. Did you ever read the Bible? Are you familiar with the Last super? Well, if you are, then, you must understand that the answer is YES, God create Vampires, and to induct them, they have a last supper, where Jesus, gave them his blood, now, that is what we call, real Vampirism.

•  REPLY  •

SireHecate
SireHecate

No Longer Registered
18:14:44 Aug 13 2011
Read 4,074 times

One might also say that it's cannablism as well to a point. However I believe the gestures were symbolic, not literal

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
20:14:00 Aug 13 2011
Read 4,066 times

If ever there were an evidence that proves that actual Vampires did not drink blood, I could not think of a better one than the fact that Jesus instituted vicarious blood-drinking at the "Last Supper."

Were Vampires truly blood drinkers, then it would stand to reason that the LAST thing Jesus would do would be to have his followers, Christians... who are suppposedly the archenemies of Vampires... drink blood and thus (by loose definition) become Vampires, themselves.

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
20:18:41 Aug 13 2011
Read 4,064 times

As Christians are, most certainly, not Vampires... then the vicarious blood-drinking of "Communion" has not Thing One to do with actual Vampriism. Thus, by extension therefore, neither does actual blood-drinking.

To return to the topic, if Vampires were/are the descendants of the Biblical "Sons of God(s)" (Bene Ha Elohim of Genesis Chapter 6), then it is not that God "created" them but that He literally sired them.

There's a thought for ya!

•  REPLY  •

PoeticHeart
PoeticHeart
Anarchist (88)
[ Give / Take ]

Member of Poison (Coven)
00:53:02 Aug 14 2011
Read 4,054 times

Really this type of question comes down to what one believes.

And yes. The whole communion thing is one big symbol. Jesus didn't actually hand out his blood and flesh.

•  REPLY  •

Bloodmother
Bloodmother
Sire (108)
[ Give / Take ]
02:31:35 Aug 14 2011
Read 4,048 times

Reading "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" which has everything to do with cell culture and nothing to do with vampires - except for that word "immortal."

The author incorporated what would have been a 20 page article on the cells (plenty on the net, and even youtube) into a 400 page sociological treatise on the effect Henrietta's cell legacy had on her descendants, most of whom are poor and uneducated, and the health industry, which effects all the rest of us.

I've never managed to get through the Bible, and call myself an atheist. I was raised Catholic, however, and Spanish Catholism is harshly superstitious. Without quoting the Bible, its tenets still seep into your consciousness.

It's impossible, I think, in Western civilization to read anything w/o having the Judeo-Christian mysteries thrust upon you.

Here's some choice quotes I got from the Lack's book:

"Those who believe in me will live, even though they die: and those who live and believe in me will never die." (huh?)

"This is how it will be when the dead are raised to life. When the body is buried, it is mortal; when raised, it will be immortal. There is a physical body, so there has to be a spiritual body." (huh 2x?)

Jesus said, "I give them eternal life, and they shall never die." and "Why do you who are here find it impossible to believe that God raises the dead?"

I'm with Severus on the way religious logic works, which seem illogical to me.

But, more importantly, I think humans have a deep need to believe that there is more, and we've created the religions and the vampires to support our need.

•  REPLY  •

Owlish
Owlish
Venerable Sire (136)
[ Give / Take ]
02:38:53 Aug 14 2011
Read 4,045 times

Is this going on the assumption that Vampires and God(s) exist?
Why can't they have evolved like everything is thought to have?
To be honest, in a logical way it make more sense for them to have gone through the cycles of evolution than being the creation of a "higher power".

Assuming they exist, that is.
I'd be more inclined to go with that in a book or movie.

•  REPLY  •

kenji99
kenji99

No Longer Registered
11:11:16 Aug 14 2011
Read 4,036 times

Or could it be possible that we may be the more higher evolution of humans? Even though i dont think thats the case.

•  REPLY  •

Owlish
Owlish
Venerable Sire (136)
[ Give / Take ]
15:36:50 Aug 14 2011
Read 4,030 times

How is that not feasible considering that a Vamp's primary food source (No, no Twilight here) is humans? They're supposed to look just like people with fangs only being the only part that's really evolved as such. The "white, place, icy skin" comes with the "un-dead" part, so eh. If anything were to present a somewhat reasonable basis for the beginning of vamps, I'd go with evolution.

•  REPLY  •

SireHecate
SireHecate

No Longer Registered
00:20:04 Aug 15 2011
Read 4,011 times

Most of the Literature suggests Vampires are purely human to ethereal.

•  REPLY  •

SireHecate
SireHecate

No Longer Registered
00:21:48 Aug 15 2011
Read 4,008 times

•  REPLY  •

Doru
Doru
Venerable Sire (134)
Honor: 579
[ Give / Take ]
Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
04:01:26 Aug 15 2011
Read 3,997 times

"Is Faith in a Higher Being the primary ingredient for Fear?"

No, "Fear" is the primary ingredient for controling the masses regardless of belief in a higher power.

•  REPLY  •

KnightLevin
KnightLevin
Fire Thrower (87)
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
04:40:34 Aug 15 2011
Read 3,995 times

I think that fith and belief in a higher power is a big key. With out those two thing, generally they stop existing. I'm sure there are a ton of "higher Powers" that since the people stoped living, and where never past on to future generation, don't exsist now.

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
06:34:38 Aug 15 2011
Read 3,993 times

Doru... you just said a cotton-pickin' mouthful. While we rarely agree, in this one you've hit the proverbial nail on the head with a friggin' sledgehammer.

•  REPLY  •

Bloodmother
Bloodmother
Sire (108)
[ Give / Take ]
16:32:10 Aug 15 2011
Read 3,984 times

Doru, I agree w/you absolutely. But Faith to me means Unquestioning Belief, otherwise the consequences to the individual are dire, which creates Fear. The Fear itself magnifies the belief in some people, because the fear is so great, then the majesty and power of the Supreme Being must also be great.

Fear and manipulating people do go hand-in-hand, and Religion is a primary conveyor of such fear which is why so many political leaders drape themselves in religious finery.

Vampires are scary because they're like us only more Godlike. They have the power to create life and take it away. If one hadn't been exposed to any religious or higher being mythology, I don't think vamps would be so frightening.

•  REPLY  •

PoeticHeart
PoeticHeart
Anarchist (88)
[ Give / Take ]

Member of Poison (Coven)
22:57:34 Aug 15 2011
Read 3,974 times

Fear is definitely the key that keeps the masses controlled. Because without fear of repercussion, they would act however they pleased.

Religion is a man made concept to control mankind.

•  REPLY  •

SireHecate
SireHecate

No Longer Registered
20:41:30 Aug 16 2011
Read 3,958 times

Bloodmother, even myself being pagan I question things, and will never accept anything as 100% truth under any circumstances.

•  REPLY  •

starfields
starfields

No Longer Registered
15:12:18 Aug 18 2011
Read 3,931 times

Going back to the original question, if one really wanted to answer that one would have to start with,

"What is your definition of God?"

followed by,

"What is your definition of a Vampire?"

When we have those we can start a discussion.

Personally, I define God as that which created the multiverse and beyond, everything, alpha and omega, in which case whatever the definition of a vampire would be, would have to be included.

But as I said, it depends on the definition of both terms.

•  REPLY  •

SireHecate
SireHecate

No Longer Registered
01:10:02 Aug 19 2011
Read 3,919 times

If you're a pagan such as I, then it could be argued as to whether Lilith was the originator. Bacchus could be another candidate as well as Pan

•  REPLY  •

Stranger
Stranger
Viper (75)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
12:03:21 Aug 19 2011
Read 3,909 times

Lullaby, evolution is what the "Blood: the Last Vampire" novel is based on. I'm with you on that. If vampires were real then it'd be because of evolution, not so much of a God based thing. Heh, so far, the only 'vampires' I can see in this time, have been because of people's novels. Not facts, so until I see proof.. :P Then vampires exist just as much as God. Lol

•  REPLY  •

SammanthaWolf
SammanthaWolf
Transgressor (54)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
23:18:45 Aug 21 2011
Read 3,885 times

Well I think it all depends on weather or not you believe in god. Me personally I believe in the goddesses. Nyx, Selene, etc..........

•  REPLY  •

Doru
Doru
Venerable Sire (134)
[ Give / Take ]

04:06:33 Aug 22 2011
Read 3,880 times

We all control "life" or "death"by are actions, yet does that make us "GODS"? No, it only gives us the ability to control others by fear because we do not know what lies at death's door.

•  REPLY  •

HellsFire
HellsFire

No Longer Registered
17:12:22 Aug 24 2011
Read 3,856 times

I feel that It is a basis of fear in some belief systems but not all of them!

•  REPLY  •

yuppafubara
yuppafubara
Disciple (53)
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Secrets is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Secrets
05:11:55 Aug 25 2011
Read 3,842 times

A lot of discussion here for a simple answer. That answer is YES. All herds need predators.

•  REPLY  •

lunaraven2
lunaraven2
Chimera (90)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
09:39:00 Aug 25 2011
Read 3,835 times

it all stemed from one man called vlad who drank the blood of his victims not god

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
16:29:46 Aug 25 2011
Read 3,830 times

I've been unable to find any direct evidence that Vlad Tepes (Dracula) ever drank the blood of any of his victims. And were it not for Bram Stoker choosing to use the name in his vampire story, we would never have come to associate Tepes with vampirism.

•  REPLY  •

Tzaddi
Tzaddi
Venerable Sire (136)
[ Give / Take ]
01:03:37 Aug 26 2011
Read 3,821 times

Makes sense! I'm not a "God" believing person. I have a healthy respect for fear. We all fear death in one way or another. But I do not believe that "God" created Vampires. True dead walking, blood drinking Vampire exsist do not exist, although they exsist in our minds! Vampires hold a certain "something" that we all admire. I think partially it is immortality.

•  REPLY  •

HauntedPassions
HauntedPassions
Blood Drinker (68)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
08:13:48 Aug 26 2011
Read 3,812 times

your faith in a higher being does not inspire fear. on the contrary, your fear of a believed higher being inspires you to have faith in that higher being.

if you believe in god then you must have feared him first before you ever had faith on him. for in many passages in the bible, god punishes and even kills those who do not accept him and would not believe in him. so there we cannot be sure if jesus, the apostles or his disciples were really true believers or were merely scared of god's wrath.

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
20:12:16 Aug 26 2011
Read 3,804 times

If you believe that a higher being created mankind,then the answer is yes,God/Goddess created vampires.Because whether anyone likes it or not,vampires are ALL born humans.Well,except vampire bats..But even they are created by a supreme being if thats what you believe in.

•  REPLY  •

SireHecate
SireHecate

No Longer Registered
02:26:06 Aug 28 2011
Read 3,786 times

While not trying to express doubt why is there so little written hypothesis on the topic, that can be dated back to antiquity?

•  REPLY  •

littleflames
littleflames
Great Sire (118)
[ Give / Take ]
06:46:45 Aug 29 2011
Read 3,781 times

Well I say this you can not believe that there is a God and then not believe that there is a devil.
I believe in good and bad but until the end of time, man will know both.
I am still not sure were true vampiric powers come from but I know for a fact they can not come from God or gods.
Because God is holy, which means to be set apart from. God made man and man is holy too but not separate but with Him. True vampiric power must come at a price death is its price. But some might say God made death but God put an end to all death. The living dead is what some call it. I say i use to be dead but now am very much alive. I died to self but now am very much not dead but alive I am not an undead but a born again.

•  REPLY  •

Bloodmother
Bloodmother
Sire (108)
[ Give / Take ]
16:44:34 Aug 29 2011
Read 3,775 times

Golgotha, I think you've hit on something. In psychology, there's something called the "negativity bias."
When people’s thoughts are wandering, unoccupied, people tend to begin to brood; the negativity bias means that anxious or angry thoughts capture our attention more effectively than happier thoughts.

Little Flames, I've never heard the Born AGain thing explained better. It's a strange spiral which fits nicely into the vampirism.

•  REPLY  •

SireHecate
SireHecate

No Longer Registered
17:53:36 Aug 29 2011
Read 3,772 times

Little flames as a pagan, the concept of the "Devil" is not in opur cosmology. In fact only 3 religions accept the concept of a "Devil," Christianity, Judaism and Islam. That's it. Now as far as a Deity creating Vampires, Lilith was supposedly the first. However there's arguments pro and con on that one.

•  REPLY  •

Tzaddi
Tzaddi
Venerable Sire (136)
[ Give / Take ]
23:51:50 Aug 30 2011
Read 3,764 times

~If "God" supposedly created man and earth, etc, why not Vampire also?~

•  REPLY  •

SireHecate
SireHecate

No Longer Registered
01:42:07 Aug 31 2011
Read 3,756 times

As a pagan who is both polytheistic and pantheistic, I believe Gods, Goddesses who create beings can be found in many places

•  REPLY  •

littleflames
littleflames
Great Sire (118)
[ Give / Take ]
04:25:37 Sep 02 2011
Read 3,738 times

i am in a coven that is pagan so i know that the concept of the devil is not there to you or them all i am saying that proves it right there just like people say there is no such thing as vampires well they fear thats why they say that .i am just saying what if there is a devil then almost the whole world is wonrg and only about 10% or less are going to live. i would not want to take that kind of chance . Now i know why vampires dont want to come forward becase they would not be exepted in the general public .

•  REPLY  •

lonlydreamer4life
lonlydreamer4life
Heretic (18)
[ Give / Take ]
06:42:04 Sep 02 2011
Read 3,735 times

well being that i am agnostic. im not quite sure what to think about this one

although i do verry much believe in spirits.. evil powers and the oh so lovely vampires ;)

everything was created somehow its just a matter of proving it.. but seeing as how not one person could ever show this proof.. i just simply accept the fact we all exist as well as vampires.. but this is just my fucked up way of thinking ;D

•  REPLY  •

AsphaltTears
AsphaltTears
Elemental (77)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
12:18:55 Sep 05 2011
Read 3,709 times

Unfortunately the word vampire is late in the game and a very loosely used word almost always referring to blood drinking in just about every dictionary, etc. that anyone uses for a definition. I have found generally it is the prevailing word used by the most people to describe demons and other beings set aside who have a connection to blood one way or another. The idea of life force seems to get stashed and buried even though it is mentioned in a number of legends. I believe it deals with various cultures like the Romans that observed tribal rites and misuderstood them.

I personally have dismissed Lilith. Just because there is a blood connection or anything else doesn't make her a vampire. Someone came up with that idea and it spread as if fact. A woman being discredited by the Hebrew culture who did not follow what men thought they should do got called any number of names and stories sprang up about them. Anyway her story was used to explain two verses that weren't exactly the same and then all the other things now said about her got tacked onto it. She was from Mesopotamian lore anyway. Cain is another one, He was marked and who is to say he was not given a birthmark that would carry down his lineage. It was common to mark those thought to be evil or traitors by cutting them and leaving marks in many tribal groups as well. The stories about Judas are just that and the red haired lot. Many of the attributes stated about any of these people are obscure and in some cases state a marking or curse. It's based on rumor and gossip well after the fact. Most of it is either literary or superstition regarding these people and over time has taken on a life of its own. Many of them may refer to something else or never have existed at all.

I don't believe a "god" had anything to do with it at all. Much of what is bandied about these days comes from modern writers. It would be difficult to answer about how vampires came to be because no one can agree on a definition of what they are or even if they truly exist. There are many theories and some redundant ones that only have a basis in superstition, which seem to appear in dictionaries and encyclopedias but it is stated as folklore. So until something more concrete about them is proven I would say no, a god did not create them exactly at least like a punishement of some sort. To even accept that theory in the first place, one has to believe there is a "god" or some sort of sentient force to substantiate such an idea. No one has been able to prove that yet other than by faith alone. To add to that, I would have to say which god exactly?

•  REPLY  •

kenji99
kenji99

No Longer Registered
09:26:23 Sep 08 2011
Read 3,675 times

Well Vampirism is a condition of the astral soul ultimately we do not know if it is really a curse or a blessing from God or Gods from any religion or faith, so it really can not be determined if anything casted this condition on certain people in this world or even created it for that matter.

•  REPLY  •

Visiden
Visiden
Illusionist (78)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
18:21:32 Sep 12 2011
Read 3,659 times

If God created animals, then in that he created predatory species to control the numbers, these creatures can and will live side by side without harming each other, a wolf pack will only kill what it needs to sustain life in the pack, will never deplete their resources within their hunting grounds.

I believe humans were created by whatever diety you choose, as i conclude they all are one and the same, to nurture the earth. Assuming that humans were the top of the food chain, their numbers grow exponentially. Would it not be wise to assume that vamps/lycans would be created by the supreme being/s to control the numbers. I am definitely not condoning going out and "controling" the numbers what i am pointing out is that every species on earth has a major predator. Kindred races would fit the bill for this role.

As i stated in another post, we live in the grey area of good and evil as do other predatory creatures. A lion is not evil because it kills to eat, a leech is not evil because it feeds from blood, these two examples are good for vamps/lycans and humans.

Humans kill to eat yet they are not necessarily evil, some perhaps lol... psy vamps leech life force to sustain their existence, again this is not evil... blood vamps in the society we live in are learning to feed from donors and do not killl their donors, this is not evil, it is merely survival of a species.

I put to you this, if God created predatory animals then why would it not be concluded that God created Kindred races when none of these are necessarily intended to be evil or good, simply marked as a predatory evolution?

•  REPLY  •

Dragonrouge
Dragonrouge
Premiere Sire (121)
[ Give / Take ]
18:43:14 Sep 12 2011
Read 3,658 times

Vampires in Romantic literature are rather an absence of God then a creation of God.

Outside literature the vampires are just human way of living.

•  REPLY  •

Bloodmother
Bloodmother
Sire (108)
[ Give / Take ]
17:13:39 Sep 17 2011
Read 3,632 times

Dragonrouge says that in Romantic (vampire) literature it is the absence of god, rather than the presence of a god who creates vampires.

Really, quite insightful. For anyone who has read Interview with the Vampire, one of the most romantic (not in the sense of chick lit romance) vampire novels I've read, Louis'
torment, agony, gloom all has to do with his loss of Faith. Never really understood that before.

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
19:17:28 Sep 18 2011
Read 3,618 times

I view Louis' torment a bit differently. To me, it did not seem so much an absence of faith but a loss of his Humanity that tormented him... and, thus, fear for also losing who he was...his very soul. This is why he drank rats' blood and shunned murdering others...and why LeStat loved to torment him knowing this...and at the same time envying Louis for it while mourning the lack of such Humanity in himself.

As re: the view of Vampires as romantic...absolutely so where the actual Vampires of history are concerned! As those who have read my writings here might recall, the true Vampire was first and foremost a deeply romantic and sensual/spiritual being. Thus, to believe romance is evidence of the absence of God is to also believe that God possesses no romantic nature. And to conclude thusly is to believe only in God as portrayed by celibate priests rather than to consider the natural and extant examples of fecundity and fertility found throughout our world. The more advanced the lifeform here, the more pronounced

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
19:19:31 Sep 18 2011
Read 3,617 times

... the more pronounced its inherent romantic nature and the depth of the emotional bonds between that life form and its mates.

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

LadySilva
LadySilva
Venerable Sire (134)
Honor: 2,380
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs
23:54:35 Sep 18 2011
Read 3,609 times

despite the fact that i dont belive in god i do think that we were created for som greater purpose that of wich we cant understand

•  REPLY  •

Doru
Doru
Venerable Sire (134)
[ Give / Take ]

03:17:15 Sep 19 2011
Read 3,602 times

God did not create vampyre's. Man's sinful ways created this demon by his actions.

•  REPLY  •

Nekirena
Nekirena
Venerable Sire (132)
Honor: 97
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Lunazure is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Lunazure
06:12:24 Sep 19 2011
Read 3,595 times

Just some ideas (really just some thoughts, nothing that I believe, but if it were true):

Perhaps Vampires (along with any other "hybrid" of a species) were created by the same thing humans, animals, and plant life were created. Think of it as this:

What if humans, as have many species of animals and plants, evolved into an entirely different species from which it first was "created". Perhaps with Vampires- they are the evolution of man's mortal sins and thus has created a monster that does what so many others (predators, like killers, etc) do it feeds off of the living. It evolved from some form of demented and twisted creature due to a mental or physical disorder. Like animals, it slowly but surely developed a survival mechanism (much like how some animals developed teeth and claws) to survive with in its form.

Or, perhaps in a way, scientifically, what if a "vampire" is nothing more than a species of humans that, through evolution, had to turn to cannibalism (feeding off of the blood of others to survive, or like with "Lycans" feeding off of the flesh of others) due to contributing factors of that specific "human" environment? Perhaps there was no wildlife to hunt and barren lands and thus they were incapable of surviving without having to turn to "Vampirism/Cannibalism"?

Because, techinically... If you really think about it- According to legends, Vampires feed off of the blood of others thus killing it in order to survive.

When does Vampirism end and Cannibalism start? What could have caused the difference in that particular species to have to adapt to blood drinking in order of surviving? What would have originally caused a species to be unable to walk in sunlight without 'bursting' into flames, ash, and/or smoke?

There are millions of theories one could go with on what vampires really are and why, how, and when they were created.

•  REPLY  •

PosionedFate
PosionedFate

No Longer Registered
12:32:59 Sep 19 2011
Read 3,590 times

interesting question but heres another one that goes along with this. are you sure that there is really a god. if there is then he made everything according to a book people live by

•  REPLY  •

kenji99
kenji99

No Longer Registered
16:23:51 Sep 19 2011
Read 3,586 times

Theres no way that everything that now exists on this planet was made on its own there has to be something divine out there that made everything.

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
16:53:05 Sep 19 2011
Read 3,583 times

Agreed, kenji. While, for example, computer programs can be written that are capable of learning and developing on their own (like evolution purports to do biologically)... yet someone had to have first written the programs in the first place.

•  REPLY  •

kenji99
kenji99

No Longer Registered
17:20:14 Sep 19 2011
Read 3,579 times

Exactly also just like myths we can not always assume that the myth is not always true everything has an origin of where it began. To deny something is to deny who and what you are aswell.

•  REPLY  •

TheMonsterYouAdore
TheMonsterYouAdore
Vexer (13)
[ Give / Take ]
19:57:25 Sep 19 2011
Read 3,571 times

Religion is the primary ingredient in FEAR

People with actual Faith do not have it because of fear

•  REPLY  •

LadySilva
LadySilva
Venerable Sire (134)
Honor: 2,380
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs
00:24:35 Sep 20 2011
Read 3,557 times

well i feel that the egyptians were the first vampires on record

•  REPLY  •

Bloodmother
Bloodmother
Sire (108)
[ Give / Take ]
17:32:33 Sep 21 2011
Read 3,521 times

Very interesting responses. It seems to me that in considering the question of Did God Create Vampires, people start from their basic belief system - pagan, religion based, or what they like to call logic - and then go on to justify their base belief by interpreting our existence, and that of vampires.

But what it all revolves down to is that we humans find it impossible to conceive of nothingness. We all are victims of straight-line thinking, and we're born into a world filled w/life, where creation abounds. We want to have a creator. We want one that we can understand and we want it to love us.

Again, I think of Interview with the Vampire, and Lestat's, Louis', and Claudia's search for their origins and for others like them. They want rules, why's answered, explanations.

So to me the next big question is, if there is a god, does it have our best interests at heart? Does it know what it's doing? Is it capable of fucking up?

•  REPLY  •

NeverNevermore
NeverNevermore

No Longer Registered
08:54:56 Sep 23 2011
Read 3,507 times

I'd say the God, Goddess, and Devils are responsible for the creation of all their own children and whichever we Vampyr may birth from. Regardless of deity, they are all gods. ;)

•  REPLY  •

8thHunterScar
8thHunterScar

No Longer Registered
04:05:39 Sep 24 2011
Read 3,498 times

Well if we are to take a creationist view then yes you would have to conclude that vampiric elements were created by the being(s) that created "everything" this would include evil, war, pestilence, disease, death, suffering, murder, genocide the list just keeps on going.

•  REPLY  •

NeverrNeverrmore
NeverrNeverrmore

No Longer Registered
00:16:05 Oct 02 2011
Read 3,471 times

I was referring to the living being, not any state of being or event.

•  REPLY  •

lavisbre
lavisbre
Savant (82)
[ Give / Take ]
House Eternal is a member of an Alliance

Member of House Eternal
06:44:03 Oct 02 2011
Read 3,460 times

Very interesting read. And lots of good points.
Im very interested in Ismael’s suggestion that Egyptians were the first… can you elaborate or can others add to this.. or make it a new post?

•  REPLY  •

blodycupcake
blodycupcake
Termagant (58)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
20:56:47 Oct 03 2011
Read 3,431 times

well honestly i think a higher being did make them and they were made to prove that there is more then just what everyday people see

•  REPLY  •

RomanianBoy90
RomanianBoy90
Curmudgeon (11)
[ Give / Take ]
01:31:35 Oct 04 2011
Read 3,413 times

if god so called created everything that exists than it would only make sense that he im fact did create vampires as well they just weren t thought up out of the blue

•  REPLY  •

LegionofGabriel
LegionofGabriel

No Longer Registered
17:20:23 Oct 05 2011
Read 3,405 times

If you believe in a God based on Fear then you are doing it wrong.

One has faith in something based on personal experiences USUALLY (thus not always the case for everyone) and/or what seems to make the most sense logically.

If we were to take out God/Gods and base our information on what is defined as vampirism alone through reality and/or sciences since God/Gods cannot be proven through science (at least not yet), we see there's more than one side of it and several explanations to how vampirism works and how energy plays a major role.

Now if we were to put your spiritual entities back into the equation, we find ourselves questioning more about things than what we have answers for. Vampires? Fallen Angels? Human beings with deficiencies?

We could go on this for years......

See the issue?

God is not yet proven to exist logically speaking.
Vampirism is a reality.

It doesn't matter whether or not some big sky father, or aliens from other worlds brought things here previously, or if the Earth itself created vampires. The simple fact is, if it exists, then it's meant to.

•  REPLY  •

Cabrion
Cabrion
Archfiend (57)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
19:28:10 Oct 05 2011
Read 3,400 times

God is everything.
Evil, Neutral, Good, all of it.
According to his definition, anyway.

•  REPLY  •

ApertureStar
ApertureStar
Apparition (36)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
05:24:59 Oct 23 2011
Read 3,370 times

According to Bram Stoker's version of Vampires, Dracula created himself by openly forsaking God in some kind of anti-Christian ceremony after his wife killed herself thinking he had died in battle. Because suicide was a sin and she would not be ascending to Heaven, he hated God for it.

•  REPLY  •

SLEEPERKING30
SLEEPERKING30
Unregenerate (63)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The Coven of Purgatory
07:17:45 Oct 23 2011
Read 3,366 times

the christen god didnt
because he is one himself

•  REPLY  •

RavenousNightwind
RavenousNightwind

No Longer Registered
09:52:21 Oct 23 2011
Read 3,364 times

Well if one and all powerful being created everything then it also created vampires?

•  REPLY  •

RenoKarazura
RenoKarazura
Harasser (15)
[ Give / Take ]
21:42:34 Oct 23 2011
Read 3,350 times

I do not believe in a higher power, but if one does exist it has been a very poor caretaker. To put vampires on the planet that humans live on is a sadistic idea. If a god put vampires on this planet, he would be a sadistic god, one who is unjust. I again am not religious so I think that vampires evolved, and I also believe that without religion suppressing scientific advancement, technology could be far more advanced, not necessarily would be more advanced, but the possibility would be there.

•  REPLY  •

bitchmistress
bitchmistress
Shadow (10)
[ Give / Take ]
19:29:08 Oct 24 2011
Read 3,341 times

I think man created vampires

•  REPLY  •

RenoKarazura
RenoKarazura
Harasser (15)
[ Give / Take ]
21:49:13 Oct 24 2011
Read 3,337 times

Vampires are a product of evolution, not human imagination or some deity that does not even exist. Get over the face that you might not be right those of you religious people who thinks that your "Creator" is just and created everything. Evolution and time created everything that exists, will exist or has existed.

•  REPLY  •

gravechild666
gravechild666
Sire (109)
[ Give / Take ]
01:35:19 Oct 26 2011
Read 3,329 times

Ever heard of Lilith cursing Cain from killing his brother Abel.

•  REPLY  •

chloesteele
chloesteele
Harasser (15)
[ Give / Take ]
17:00:14 Oct 26 2011
Read 3,322 times

i believe God created everything
adn i do enjoy reading vampire novels- not gonna lie lol

•  REPLY  •

05:38:12 Oct 27 2011
Read 3,311 times

Remember, God created the vampire bat...

Vampire bats feed exclusively on the blood of living animals and are thus the only true parasites among mammals. There are three species ranging from Argentina to N Mexico. Unlike most bats, vampire bats can walk on all fours with the body lifted off the ground; it is in this manner that they approach their sleeping prey. The bat uses its razor-sharp incisors to make a neat incision, usually without waking the victim, then laps the blood with its tongue. Its saliva contains an anticoagulant that causes the wound to seep for several hours. Vampire bats parasitize a variety of animals, chiefly mammals. Although the quantity of blood they take is insufficent to harm a large animal, they are dangerous to livestock and humans because they transmit serious diseases such as rabies and Chagas's disease.

I could be that supersticious old folklore orginated from these vampire bats and it well known that rabies has been linked with vampire folklore. The susceptibility to garlic and light could be due to hypersensitivity, which is a symptom of rabies. The disease can also affect portions of the brain that could lead to disturbance of normal sleep patterns (thus becoming nocturnal) and hypersexuality. Wolves and bats, which are often associated with vampires, can be carriers of rabies. The disease can also lead to a drive to bite others and to a bloody frothing at the mouth.

So yes from a medical perspective, God did create vampires.

•  REPLY  •

BloodyTheSin
BloodyTheSin
Dastard (23)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
17:27:41 Oct 30 2011
Read 3,292 times

The "god" that is most commonly spoken of is relatively new, The vampire god would probably be Lilith or Lilitha, who has shown up at random points in legends as the Vampire Mother. As I've researched there are only a few stories or vampires before the first stories of her some I'm unsure. The common god looks down upon vampires because of their natural co-existence with his creatures

•  REPLY  •

Nightgod
Nightgod
Evildoer (42)
[ Give / Take ]

Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
02:59:55 Oct 31 2011
Read 3,285 times

My best response to this question would be, there is no solid evidence on the exsistance of our Race. Majority of them are based on belief. I have believed for many years that vamoires are created from a sucubis or incubis demon that possesess a mortal body and once infused by birth cannot be removed. I base this belief on the history of the two demon types. I do believe that our Race accends from a god of some sort. which one who I cannot answer.

•  REPLY  •

TT
TT
Spook (24)
[ Give / Take ]

18:04:51 Oct 31 2011
Read 3,278 times

For priestessxxkarei don't misunderstand what the scriptures say, Jesus was called a wine bibber, friend of publicans, and tax collectors, it was the religious hypocrites he stood against.

•  REPLY  •

TT
TT
Spook (24)
[ Give / Take ]

18:09:35 Oct 31 2011
Read 3,277 times

I believe vampires were created by god. I firmly believe in creation. I disagree with macro evolution but I do believe in micro evolution. Vampires I believe are at least born if not fully vampire with a vampire gene that must be triggered. I think it is the vampire gene that draws us to love vampires.

•  REPLY  •

CuRsEdToDaRkNeSs
CuRsEdToDaRkNeSs
High Sire (150)
Honor: 26,335
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of La Bella Oscuridad
12:17:05 Nov 01 2011
Read 3,267 times

This topic intrigued me. My thoughts are... as far as the fear side of things go, and pardon me if I repeat anyone as I didn't read the entire threads contents, If one believes in a higher power such as "God" then based on most religious faiths practices and belief systems you would say that yes he created vampires in a sense of they believe he created all. Biblical side note: It never said that he created just one side of things... it never specifies between his hand creating good and evil as only one but letting implication state he created both.

There is of course as I did notice for-mentioned the theory of vampires being the angels that chose to fall from heaven and side with Lucifer. That said in this theory there is the fact that drinking of blood and eternal life in sorts is considered to be a curse and punishment for the fall.

It is all really based on what you choose to believe really.

As far as the fear aspect of it all goes... I believe the fear in religion comes from nothing more then the unknown. No matter who we are we really do not have the answers. It is unknown to us the real reasons behind everything and all we do know is what we choose to believe we know. Even the most stubborn person to post and argue with everyone thinking they know everything knows nothing more then what he or she chooses to believe they know. That said... people fear the unknown, and will do strange things when confronted with it. I guess all in all... yes to a degree in my opinion faith in a higher being is the primary ingredient for fear. Especially when different walks of faith teach you to fear that Omnipotent being and his or her power. Such fear in a deity has been the beginning of many different types of problems over the years all the way down to killings in "the name of god".

Long story short, people will do what they are told to do or feel they should do because of the fear they have of their deity which is stemmed from not knowing the real truth behind what happens when they pass on.

I hope what I was attempting to say came out in some sense here, as I've had very little sleep and have began to ramble in my attempts to make a logical and contributing post. lol.

•  REPLY  •

Nightgod
Nightgod
Evildoer (42)
[ Give / Take ]

05:44:35 Nov 04 2011
Read 3,243 times

Great response cursedtodarkness. I have many agreements to your post. As I have experianced, legends are for the most part always true or at least have fact. Therefore the belief in a higher power (which has been around as long as man) is the one ultimate legend that has truth. Wheather or not one religon is true and one is false doesn't matter. I know that something was responsible for the creation of life and what i see when I walk outside. I know that Vampires were also created by a higher power as well. I don't know who was responsible and what not but I have my faith and belief of who was responsible. If I am wrong, well I am wrong. But at least I believed in something and to me that is all that matters.

•  REPLY  •

Bloodmother
Bloodmother
Sire (108)
[ Give / Take ]
15:26:00 Nov 04 2011
Read 3,238 times

There is no proof to the statement that "all legends are based on fact."

The most one can say with any assurance is that hearsay has the power of fact if it's repeated often enough.

If this were not true, there would be no explanation for pop culture and the people who are famous for being famous.

The magnificent, yet petty, Gods and Goddesses of Mount Olympus, are legendary, but did they, in fact, exist?

No.

Humans created them in our image, as we've created every god before and thereafter.

God didn't create vampires. We did.

•  REPLY  •

FallenPhoenix
FallenPhoenix
Phantasm (48)
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Secrets is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Secrets
22:31:32 Nov 04 2011
Read 3,224 times

I feel that a supreme being did create us all whether you believe in a god or as I do a goddess that we didnt just come from a monkey and in my opinion I dont understand why we are so wrong I mean look at it like this if a polar bear for example can it its own young and that is exceptable I dont understamd why a vampyre is not allowed to consume from a willing donor. now I understand if it is unwilling but I mean if they are willing it should be excepted. however this is just my opinion.

•  REPLY  •

Nightgod
Nightgod
Evildoer (42)
[ Give / Take ]

22:32:52 Nov 04 2011
Read 3,223 times

Bloodmother with all do respect there is no proof that man created gods and goddessess either. and it sounds to me and I could be wrong but you don't truely believe we r vampires. How could man create a species supperior to him or her.

•  REPLY  •

Keiara
Keiara
Disciple (53)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
16:20:26 Nov 05 2011
Read 3,211 times

I was raised a christian- southern baptist. But although I use that whenever I'm asked for my religion, I really don't practice it. I believe that I am probably an atheist truly. Anyways... Most Christians would probably freak out if anyone said god created vampires saying "vampires don't exist, or they were created by the devil... Blah blah blah.." my stepdad is a very hypocritical Christian.... He drink and goes to bars and whatnot and curses, but he doesn't like for my brother to watch movies like say Harry potter because of the witchcraft... Of course, he can't tell me what to do because he isn't my dad. I'm all about vampires and witches and werewolves. :] but I'm sure highly religious jesus freaks probably don't believe that god created vampires. :/ but I dont know.. That's just my opinion.

•  REPLY  •

Darken
Darken
Vampling (25)
[ Give / Take ]
Chateau Orleans (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Chateau Orleans (Coven)
17:15:05 Nov 05 2011
Read 3,208 times

I consider myself eclectic Christian, but I very much believe in Jesus, God, the Trinity and the Bible. And according to the Bible, God created EVERYTHING. Everything started with Him, no exceptions. Even Satan was created by God; there has to be balance. So did God create vampires from a Christian standpoint? Yes, absolutely.

~Darken

•  REPLY  •

Bloodmother
Bloodmother
Sire (108)
[ Give / Take ]
20:04:21 Nov 08 2011
Read 3,177 times

Sooooo . . . next question: Was a vampire on Noah's arc?

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by Vampirewitch39 on Dec 12 2011  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.8809 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X