BloodLust1724
Enchanter (80)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
22:01:46 Jul 16 2007
Read 3,921 times

I have always been able to have premonitions. Though I'm not so sure now, that that's what I am having. I have always had dreams, and some of the time the dreams mean something or come true. A lot of my "premonitions" are from my gut though. i get a lot of feelings in my chest and belly when something is about to happen. I don't always know what it will be, but usually I do. For example, if my mom tells me she is going somewhere I might get a bad feeling she will run into someone she doesn't want to see, and then she does.

I always listen to my gut. But lately Ive been getting these bad feelings ALL the time. about everything in my life. My girlfriend went out of town today and all day my stomach was in knots because i felt something would happen to her on the plane. I don't know why i felt it. but she called me an hour ago and she landed safely.

So my question to you all is, how can you tell the difference between being paranoid and actually having a valid bad feeling? before i was never wrong, but lately Im starting to just be paranoid.

•  REPLY  •

InsaneAngelTears
InsaneAngelTears

No Longer Registered
22:05:16 Jul 16 2007
Read 3,917 times

You can't.. So what you do is you keep in mind what your feeling is. You go on with your life, but keep aware of the events surrounding your life. Only by doing that can you find if this feeling is true or false.

I myself often have that problem.. I go with what my heart and soul tell me. And keep good watch on my surroundings and all. But I don't let it stop me.

•  REPLY  •

InsaneAngelTears
InsaneAngelTears

No Longer Registered
22:08:08 Jul 16 2007
Read 3,914 times

Also, if your beloved ones are the cause of this distress, you may be getting forwarnings far ahead of when the damage will occur or whatever the harmfull, bad situation is.

Another thing, if she was upset with something, and she is very dear to you, which i will dare to assume she is, you could have been feeling her feelings.

•  REPLY  •

karnstein
karnstein
Hellion (73)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
22:08:52 Jul 16 2007
Read 3,912 times

i know exactly where you are coming from. it's the same for me, i used to have accurate precognition and reliable gut feelings, but in the past few years i've found it has been simple paranoia most of the time. it's difficult to tell the difference between a true warning and an expression of our fears. the more our premonitions come true, the more we listen to them, and the paranoid we become every time we feel that little twinge of apprehension. it goes with the territory. worry,fear, apprehension - they all manifest in the same way as premonition or precognition, so it becomes a learned response.

•  REPLY  •

VampiressWarrior
VampiressWarrior
Hellion (73)
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
22:09:23 Jul 16 2007
Read 3,911 times

ok.... because you have been having preminitions since the time you were young you get used to the fact that something is going to happen one way or another

you are not being paranoid at all...you are ....how should i put this....over protective of those around you because when your gut is saying "hey something bad is going to happen" then you listen to it and kind of warn someone about what you feel
its nothing bad just a warning sign that wont turn off
it doesnt mean not to keep listening to it, but just to be precautious when the time comes

•  REPLY  •

InsaneAngelTears
InsaneAngelTears

No Longer Registered
22:11:52 Jul 16 2007
Read 3,909 times

Thats another very good point I failed to realize, my apologys for that.. I need to keep that in mind more often than i do myself. Hahah.

•  REPLY  •

AngelInHell
AngelInHell

No Longer Registered
23:21:57 Jul 16 2007
Read 3,900 times

when you start to doubt yourself it is because your growing and getting more cautious of things, so everything seems to be different to you. Just relax and go with your instints,*gut feelings* they are usually correct. I would say you really love her and the seperation of you too is just over bearing your true senses. just my opinion.

•  REPLY  •

fallenangelV
fallenangelV
Scrounger (4)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 13 years.
23:23:54 Jul 16 2007
Read 3,898 times

You really cant tell the difference sweetie but keep your feeling with you and move on with life it will be hard but it will hit you when you are suppose to know

•  REPLY  •

Sonneillon
Sonneillon

No Longer Registered
23:35:37 Jul 16 2007
Read 3,892 times

You can't really tell the difference between them. The only thing you can do when you have a premonition, even if it's a false one, is to just be cautious and aware.

•  REPLY  •

RavenKnight
RavenKnight
Royal Sire (234)
Honor: 85
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The Coven of Midnight Dreary
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
23:50:37 Jul 16 2007
Read 3,888 times

I agree with TheAlmighty13 i dont think you could tell the diffrence, but if you do have a bad feeling go with it, it might be nothing but it might be something...

•  REPLY  •

RavenEyes
RavenEyes
Hellion (73)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
01:12:04 Jul 17 2007
Read 3,881 times

You can't, really. You just have to trust yourself and keep your eyes open.

•  REPLY  •

poesraven
poesraven

No Longer Registered
01:27:47 Jul 17 2007
Read 3,878 times

with age comes wisdom, but i've found that second guessing myself is also becomming a problem. if you find how to tell the difference please let me know.

•  REPLY  •

AngelOfInsanity
AngelOfInsanity
Unregenerate (63)
[ Give / Take ]

01:51:49 Jul 17 2007
Read 3,870 times

i agree with poesraven. a way i learned to tell the difference with mine are, if i see the same thing more than three times, it's more than likely true. so far none of my premonitions, precognitions, or gut feelings have been wrong, and i hopethey never do. just keep your head up .

•  REPLY  •

Whipped
Whipped

No Longer Registered
01:55:45 Jul 17 2007
Read 3,868 times

The only thing you can do when you have a premonition, even if it's a false one, is to just be cautious and aware. We always get alittle more worried when it involve a loved one. Just go with the instinct.

•  REPLY  •

CryingMist
CryingMist
Royal Sire (212)
[ Give / Take ]
02:58:00 Jul 17 2007
Read 3,862 times

at one point you cant really tell the difference, I got the same, I got the feeling at one point I will call my mom, or tell the person I am talking to that they have to becarefull for this or that and 2/3 something is hapening and they ask me how I know, but it does not happen all the time, as 1/3 is a false feeling. I guess its becuase you are constantly on guard

•  REPLY  •

WitchBoard
WitchBoard
Pain Giver (55)
[ Give / Take ]

06:07:03 Jul 17 2007
Read 3,857 times

My sister gets premonitions and she goes by her gut feelings too . But sometimes these are just warning signs to look out for. Just recently she had a bad feeling something was going to happen to our Aunt and it did she had a stroke.

•  REPLY  •

birra
birra
Venerable Sire (130)
Honor: 20
[ Give / Take ]

07:24:53 Jul 17 2007
Read 3,849 times

Premonitions are great if they can be trusted. If you have a history of being able to forecast events, wonderful for you.

Paranoia is a real issue to deal with.

If you can't tell the difference, seek professional help.

•  REPLY  •

Carvall
Carvall

No Longer Registered
09:00:06 Jul 17 2007
Read 3,845 times

I would say take a step back and try not to worry about possible outcomes.

Practice makes perfect as they say.

•  REPLY  •

Cryptomnesia
Cryptomnesia

No Longer Registered
03:15:22 Jul 18 2007
Read 3,838 times

I know how you feel, I can't always tell the difference. Just relax with it, take deep breaths, and re-group. Sometimes it's just nerves, and after that you might feel better.

•  REPLY  •

Traveler
Traveler
Exasperater (20)
[ Give / Take ]

04:04:56 Jul 18 2007
Read 3,833 times

Have you tried keeping a journal of when you have these gut feelings, how you felt the gut feeling and what if anything happened later on? This may help you to keep track and be able to start telling the difference between a reaction and pay attention to this. Some people only receive one foretelling feeling/dream.

•  REPLY  •

missravenbloodlust
missravenbloodlust
Bestial Spirit (27)
[ Give / Take ]

06:02:35 Jul 18 2007
Read 3,825 times

there is a myriad of reasons that we sometimes get preminitions that dont seem to pan out. it could be that our knowledge and thought/energy manipulation/etc could have changed the due course. also preminitions can be not forseeing, but sometimes memories. echoes from other lives or times in the past or even forseeing in the future, things that are not connected directly to the present time, but to the situation it represents.

just my thoughts..

•  REPLY  •

LordMarkus
LordMarkus

No Longer Registered
06:18:57 Jul 18 2007
Read 3,822 times

Darkest Greetings...

Well... erring is natural...and there might be some reason or reasons why it seems like paranoia...
relying only on your gut is not always good...
just saying...

Cordially yours, Lord Markus

•  REPLY  •

LordRazr
LordRazr

No Longer Registered
06:22:40 Jul 18 2007
Read 3,820 times

being paranoid i guess you'd be scared of certain things and promonitions you see things before they happen if i'm right

•  REPLY  •

BloodxXxOverDose
BloodxXxOverDose

No Longer Registered
09:12:17 Jul 18 2007
Read 3,816 times

sometimes your premonitions can be distracted and turn into worries and thats when you need to stop..step back...and clear yourself so that you don't get confused

•  REPLY  •

BloodLust1724
BloodLust1724
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
14:43:50 Jul 19 2007
Read 3,811 times

What great feedback everyone. I need to learn how to just be aware of things and not let them bother me to the point where i get anxiety over something that may or may not even happen. I get that from my mom... she worries too much. And i have problems with losing people that i love... I think that plays a role in it too. I fear that loving someone too much will hurt me more if i ever lose them. (from family to friends) and that runs deep from my childhood too i think.

My girl returns home sunday night. I cant wait :O)

•  REPLY  •

nightvamptats
nightvamptats
Nihilist (19)
[ Give / Take ]
19:45:16 Jul 19 2007
Read 3,808 times

Just keep track of you feelings and see which comes true or not. Then you'll know what feeling is right or wrong.

•  REPLY  •

chkymnky
chkymnky

No Longer Registered
01:23:22 Jul 20 2007
Read 3,797 times

I don't know enough about your situation to know if this applies but here goes...

If you simply begin feeling something w/o thinking about the issue, it is probably real. However, maybe in a subconscious attempt to control and hone your intuitions, you begin coming up with fears of what could happen, not feelings about what will. You really just need to, as others have said, find the difference between the feelings when you are worried and the intuitions that are real.

•  REPLY  •

DawnofDays
DawnofDays

No Longer Registered
03:44:01 Jul 20 2007
Read 3,789 times

is dreams of death bad?

•  REPLY  •

Diemos
Diemos
Disciple (53)
[ Give / Take ]

09:44:17 Jul 20 2007
Read 3,784 times

being parinoid is a more of a feeling premenitions are things you see...and they tend to happen

•  REPLY  •

BloodxXxOverDose
BloodxXxOverDose

No Longer Registered
12:47:11 Jul 21 2007
Read 3,779 times

i think paranoya can occur when one worries or thinks to much or is even fearfull of such things if you keep calm and a cleared mind your premonitions should be acurate.

•  REPLY  •

BloodLust1724
BloodLust1724
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
17:50:48 Jul 22 2007
Read 3,775 times

I think thats exactly what it is. i am worrying so much that it is clouding what i know. I never used to be so afraid of things. i dislike aging. i think its making me a wuss.

•  REPLY  •

triphium
triphium

No Longer Registered
17:54:25 Jul 22 2007
Read 3,773 times

I have premontions in my dreams. I see things which would happen the next day or maybe the next month. I saw my grandpa die and then next month, i went to see him, and he died in front of me, like he did in my dream.

It scared me, but when i told my parents, they said not to say such a thing. I told my friend LiritLeBoursier and she believed me. I think she maybe the only one i can trust

•  REPLY  •

lolitamarie
lolitamarie
Diabolist (91)
[ Give / Take ]
Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
17:59:03 Jul 22 2007
Read 3,770 times

I think that being paranoid stems from a fear that anything will go ba or someone or something has to be out to get you.

The difference between that and the other is that paranoia is not going to be a rational fear. It is rather rational to think a murderer on the loose may kill again. It is not rational to think someone walking by you in the grocery store is going to kill you. The only way that would be a rational thought would be if some condition was present that made you think they were going to do something.

Gut instinct will tell you if something is wrong. Sometimes you cannot put your finger on it, sometimes you can. Paranoia has nothing to do with gut instinct.

•  REPLY  •

nightgirl07
nightgirl07
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
19:53:16 Jul 22 2007
Read 3,765 times

I dont belive you can tell the difference but i think deep down inside you know the difference but its not always easy.I think you go forward and be weary

•  REPLY  •

SomethingNew
SomethingNew
Sire (108)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
22:17:26 Jul 22 2007
Read 3,759 times

This is something many people need to think about. Premonition and paranoia... I think every circumstance should be weighed individually... that would help in deciding if you are just being paranoid or not have to pay for the crimes of others (what usually happens with paranoia).

•  REPLY  •

Rickster0
Rickster0

No Longer Registered
22:52:52 Jul 22 2007
Read 3,756 times

i have had dreams that later on the dream had come true, which sounds scary ...

•  REPLY  •

Cobalt
Cobalt
Iconoclast (93)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
00:34:19 Aug 15 2007
Read 3,738 times

I too have had dreams that come true and yes some were scary. As to being parinoid or having premonitions well that is something that can work both ways.

•  REPLY  •

HellaciousRose
HellaciousRose

No Longer Registered
00:38:21 Aug 15 2007
Read 3,734 times

I'm thinking that maybe you're becoming paranoid because of the fact that all your "premonitions" have come true, & it's starting to take over & make you nervous

•  REPLY  •

xXxSlaveAngelxXx
xXxSlaveAngelxXx
Chimera (90)
[ Give / Take ]

02:34:24 Aug 15 2007
Read 3,732 times

Personally... take a step back... Breathe... "There is nothing wrong with what is going on...."...... I have to agree with what everyone else has stated.... you've had the gift long enough to know what is a premonition and what isn't... I know that contradicts your original post but it's true.... now you need to learn the difference between passion/love and your gut feeling.... they are two seperate things....

•  REPLY  •

Panthra
Panthra

No Longer Registered
04:39:32 Aug 15 2007
Read 3,725 times

im gonan agree with ravenknight & almighty13 i dont think you can tell
go with your thoughts be carefull just incase it is something

•  REPLY  •

XDestinyX
XDestinyX
Antagonist (37)
[ Give / Take ]

04:46:20 Aug 15 2007
Read 3,723 times

Im a very paranoid person.. and usually I get these weird feelings. I dont have premonitions but I think that maybe I can help you in a way. I think that maybe you should pay attention to your body`s feelings.. like a tingling in the back. I know when I get paranoid thats what happens to me. But you never know it could work for you.

LUV: Des.tiny

•  REPLY  •

RavenKnight
RavenKnight
Royal Sire (234)
[ Give / Take ]
05:54:25 Aug 15 2007
Read 3,718 times

Their is really no way to tell the two apart but as long as your paranoia does not get out of hand i do not think you have anything to worry about...

•  REPLY  •

Rayvyn
Rayvyn
Transgressor (54)
[ Give / Take ]

08:19:31 Aug 15 2007
Read 3,715 times

I agree with most that there is no real way to tell, most cannot see things or even feel things that have to do with themselves, when it comes to others around them that they are real close with then your energy knows theirs so you can feel what they feel the only difference is if your so worried and the feeling is so bad that it almost makes you sick then yeah somthing may be wrong. The clearest is when it has to do with others that are not as close to you but even then there are times where you'll feel like somethings wrong with this person when really its some one else.

•  REPLY  •

illuminata
illuminata
Blood Drinker (68)
[ Give / Take ]

08:23:11 Aug 15 2007
Read 3,713 times

Paranoia is a constant feeling that someone is after you or will punish you for whatever yo are doing. its like being chased by a ghost for no reason at all. its a mental illness which is very different from premonition in which you can foresee what is going to happen. you can feel that somethings happening or will happen.

•  REPLY  •

Vampzerez13
Vampzerez13
Elemental (77)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
09:33:12 Aug 15 2007
Read 3,709 times

Hmm when i have a premonition, i can tell. I get this really good feeling, or a really depressing feelng that comes over me. Like when Dale Earnhardt SR.'s car crashed into the wall at daytona, i got this really depressing feeling, and i said that something was wrong, he wasnt going to be okay....and it turned out he died

•  REPLY  •

MinxyMoon
MinxyMoon
Sire (106)
[ Give / Take ]
11:58:09 Aug 15 2007
Read 3,706 times

karnstein.. You've hit the spot on somethng I feel, a lot!!

Ther is a fine line between these.. But if one foretells premonitions, often and found to be correct, it really IS difficult to pre-judge if the next will be paranoia OR another premonition.

It's a toughie.. and only really affirmed once the Nature of the premonition, OR paranoia attack, has occured.
Really interesting thread... thanks

•  REPLY  •

MinxyMoon
MinxyMoon
Sire (106)
[ Give / Take ]
12:03:36 Aug 15 2007
Read 3,705 times

I've had a lot of premonitions, lately, before, i'd keep schtum about them, becasue I assumed I was bieng paranoid.. I either smile or I shit myself when The event comes about for real OR whatever it is I predetermine.

I have chosen to not be silent and to speak what I feel or forsee... SO far I have blown 2 people away with my accuracy, this week! hehe.. It's cool.

I was told to shut up, coz I was scaring them with my accuracy! LMAO. Ultimately , tho, It was cool, because they were forewarned ergo, forarmed.

•  REPLY  •

coughcool
coughcool

No Longer Registered
12:13:38 Aug 15 2007
Read 3,703 times

To put it simply Paranoid.
Some one that thinks someone or something is out to get them.
Premonition knows who or what is going to get them.

•  REPLY  •

BloodLust1724
BloodLust1724
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
15:30:10 Aug 15 2007
Read 3,697 times

i think your right destiny. i think that i need to find a way to tell the difference between the two emotions by paying attention to my body and its reactions. i had never thought of that.

•  REPLY  •

FelixFelix
FelixFelix
Sire (103)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of La Bella Oscuridad
17:55:39 Aug 15 2007
Read 3,690 times

It would seem the only difference is whether or not you're proven right.

I'm sure both believe equally strong in the veracity of their thoughts, visions, fears but one is right and the other is crazy and until their dreams come to pass, no one knows which is which.

•  REPLY  •

jigglebewie
jigglebewie
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]

01:57:22 Aug 24 2007
Read 3,684 times

I don't really know if you'll be able to tell the difference at first, maybe you should take a step back and give it some time.
But the only thing i can think of is if it realy is a premontion i think you'll know for definite, you get that instinct, maybe perhaps if this premontion hapen more than once then i think it is more than liekly to happen.
But if your not totally sure maybe this could be your parania, this could affect it all.
But then again wehn it comes to a loved one, you always feel anxious to know that their safe this could be one of those times?

+Jigz+

•  REPLY  •

Catalunah
Catalunah
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
04:08:21 Aug 24 2007
Read 3,680 times

The only difference that I have noticed with my premonitions is if I ever question if I am right or not. If I act with resolve & no hesitation for a thought then its a premonition.
For instance if things: if I had a dream about a friend getting hurt & deep inside I know its gonna happen & I get a momentary void of emotion. I would advise said friend before I ever get conflicted of reality or disillusionment. But if I doubted myself at all theres a very high risk that it was merely paranoa (sp?).

•  REPLY  •

XBetrayedX
XBetrayedX

No Longer Registered
11:42:05 Aug 24 2007
Read 3,672 times

well I think paranoia is where you feel like something is about to happen and you are constantly worrying about it, but I thought that premonitions were when you actually see something happening in your mind before it happens.

•  REPLY  •

Kwil
Kwil

No Longer Registered
12:49:50 Aug 24 2007
Read 3,668 times

A little bit of Paranoia is always good....It keeps you on your toes but it's your mind working overtime out of fear capped with overly sensitive issues around you.
Prems are not felt necessarily out of fear but partially out of overly sensitive issues that lurk within the subconscious mind and are connected with you sixth sense, the sense that protects and warns and feels vibrations of emotion.

•  REPLY  •

justalittlelove
justalittlelove
Necromancer (96)
[ Give / Take ]
Mystic Falls Of Wisdom (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Mystic Falls Of Wisdom (Coven)
14:40:15 Aug 24 2007
Read 3,663 times

I cant tell the difference but I know there real

•  REPLY  •

SonicSaberFang
SonicSaberFang
Revenant (41)
[ Give / Take ]

14:42:29 Aug 24 2007
Read 3,659 times

i sometimes get flashes of whats going to happen in the next five minutes.
but most of the time i get it in dreams.

•  REPLY  •

DarkFallenAngelOfSinJas
DarkFallenAngelOfSinJas

No Longer Registered
14:43:37 Aug 24 2007
Read 3,658 times

You cant really. You just have to keep your guard up at all time's. I know what you going thru it happen's to me all the time.

•  REPLY  •

Serenity
Serenity
Premiere Sire (127)
[ Give / Take ]
17:02:29 Aug 24 2007
Read 3,654 times

premonition is something you got in your gutts deep and real, paranoia is a medical situation, and most of the time you cant controle it, premonition you can control it.

•  REPLY  •

Serenity
Serenity
Premiere Sire (127)
[ Give / Take ]
17:03:20 Aug 24 2007
Read 3,653 times

sorry to clarify one point,
you can control what your reaction to premonition and also what it will do to you, paranoia you cant, it controls you

•  REPLY  •

Blazee
Blazee

No Longer Registered
17:33:32 Aug 24 2007
Read 3,651 times

just a suggetion....anxiety meds might help you...? i was similiarly plagued by seemingly bad omens and got paranoided as hell...

•  REPLY  •

WildChild
WildChild
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
17:44:12 Aug 24 2007
Read 3,648 times

Put down the crack pipe and step away slowly... Seriously, delusions often escalate into very harmful situations

•  REPLY  •

StarLightPegasus
StarLightPegasus

No Longer Registered
04:25:04 Aug 25 2007
Read 3,644 times

Some times it hard to tell . I get premonitions too and sometimes they just seem to "crazy" to think that it could really happen . So when comes to being paranoid or not just take your gut feeling . I do .

•  REPLY  •

DarklotusXxXAlter1
DarklotusXxXAlter1

No Longer Registered
04:28:23 Aug 25 2007
Read 3,640 times

to me a permintion as always been a second thought. something that caused me pain. But i think that getting paranoid and that is... just a part of listening to it too much

•  REPLY  •

Eastoria
Eastoria
Bestial Spirit (27)
[ Give / Take ]

04:43:28 Aug 25 2007
Read 3,638 times

I have had the same problem. For me, I have learned to focus on the time lines that each event causes. When I find the time line that I am on mentally, I try to focus on what will actually happen. Then I just use that to calm my nerves about such events. The same happens for De'ja Vu.

•  REPLY  •

DragonWolf
DragonWolf
Sire (109)
[ Give / Take ]
06:23:34 Aug 25 2007
Read 3,636 times

My opinion is that if it's happening all the time, then you might be paranoid. Premonitions will usually happen in your sleep a lot, even if you don't remember them, your body will and kind of, bring them forth, when needed. Paranoid, well...we all get that...and that usually happens more often when you don't want to see someone you care about go somewhere alone, or you're coming in to a situation where you don't really know what to expect.

•  REPLY  •

Romanov
Romanov
Shade (32)
[ Give / Take ]

07:14:43 Aug 25 2007
Read 3,632 times

I my self would like to learn the difference.

•  REPLY  •

SalemsxAngel
SalemsxAngel

No Longer Registered
11:12:54 Aug 25 2007
Read 3,609 times

I have had many premontions and i can tell the diffrence vetween me freaking out and me seeing sumthin,,lol

•  REPLY  •

Deadlyviper
Deadlyviper
Dybbuk (76)
[ Give / Take ]

13:36:05 Aug 25 2007
Read 3,605 times

Like many have said you cant really tell the differnce, just be cautious.

•  REPLY  •

suavevamp
suavevamp

No Longer Registered
14:07:17 Aug 25 2007
Read 3,603 times

Never go against your instincts.they,re there for a reason.make a note of your premonitions.But always be careful.

•  REPLY  •

othis
othis

No Longer Registered
14:19:34 Aug 25 2007
Read 3,600 times

it is simpel to tell when you are getting a premanition there will be sighns to let you know you are on the right track if you are not seeing anything to confirm what you are fealling more than likley it is your mind playing tricks on you

•  REPLY  •

MeaninglessTears
MeaninglessTears

No Longer Registered
00:45:24 Aug 30 2007
Read 3,593 times

True. Be cautious. Never telling what will happen.

•  REPLY  •

ShaolinWicca
ShaolinWicca

No Longer Registered
01:40:26 Aug 30 2007
Read 3,591 times

Paranoia is based on random feelings. Premonitions are true visions of what will or could be. Sometimes it's hard to tell one from the other.

•  REPLY  •

Cobalt
Cobalt
Iconoclast (93)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
11:43:26 Sep 25 2007
Read 3,583 times

Way to go unigon that is one of the best ways to describe them. *W*

•  REPLY  •

BloodLust1724
BloodLust1724
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
16:37:07 Sep 25 2007
Read 3,580 times

wow the feedback on this has been amazing everyone. Thank you. I think from everything i realize now that im not going to be able to tell the difference. its more like making sure i dont let it get to me or give me anxiety. i cant spend time worrying about things. Ill miss out on so much more.

•  REPLY  •

Emeleth
Emeleth
Haunt (40)
[ Give / Take ]

17:32:06 Sep 25 2007
Read 3,576 times

Really, being paranoid is like playing the What If Game. You get nervous and wonder about all the BAD stuff that COULD happen. Premonitions are the sense that you feel something is GOING to happen, good or bad. There is just a feeling of assurance that something is iminent (and maybe you can change it), where paranoia jst sort of takes over your brain and runs off with al sorts of scenerios.

•  REPLY  •

BeshadowedChild
BeshadowedChild
Nightmare (97)
[ Give / Take ]

18:11:57 Sep 25 2007
Read 3,572 times

In my opinion, there is no difference between being paranoid and having a premonition, unless the premonition actually happens.

•  REPLY  •

eternaldarkness1
eternaldarkness1
Unregenerate (63)
[ Give / Take ]

18:12:21 Sep 25 2007
Read 3,571 times

i am not so sure you can either hun but i know what you mean i have the same problem at times when i was about 14 i was sleeeping when i had a dream about my cousin rickey and he came to me and said he was dead. i wont up freakin out my mom ask what's wrong and i said something is wrong with rickey a few minutes later my brother came and said he had bad news my cousin died. So i have had the same premonions to sometimes they are dead on sometimes they are nothin. hope this help ya kissses&deadlybites always

•  REPLY  •

ToxicKitten
ToxicKitten
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Art (Coven)
20:24:26 Sep 25 2007
Read 3,564 times

i have to agree with a few people. you cant really tellt he diffrence. but, keep an eye out, there's bound to be one to show up soon.

•  REPLY  •

thedarkx
thedarkx
Basilisk (92)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
20:43:41 Sep 25 2007
Read 3,561 times

Being paranoid is a condition, it borders on having a pyschosis...premonitions are different. They are totally different

•  REPLY  •

thedarkx
thedarkx
Basilisk (92)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
20:44:45 Sep 25 2007
Read 3,559 times

oops, what I meant to say the premonitions could be a mental gift. Paramoia is a mental affliction

•  REPLY  •

Kryptick
Kryptick

No Longer Registered
20:47:47 Sep 25 2007
Read 3,557 times

I know you personally and I know that things are getting better in your life, so I would say that it might be because you're scared they'll get bad again.

For anybody else, I would say listen to your head more to differentiate the feeling between paranoia and premonition.

•  REPLY  •

Echo
Echo

No Longer Registered
21:35:47 Sep 25 2007
Read 3,554 times

I wouldn't worry (although its hard not to) just try to look at it from a perspective that we all become engulfed in things sometimes, and cannot quite see things objectively. There are times when we are generally down, but we have the power of instinct to take our gut reaction and go with it, and I think that is something that, in this culture where we are completely reliant on others, that we do not forget.

•  REPLY  •

jrockerjanta
jrockerjanta

No Longer Registered
21:54:10 Sep 25 2007
Read 3,551 times

well sometimes you cant tell the difference, but i think the reason you're starting to feel paranoid is because you're used to having premonitions and gut feelings telling you that something will be wrong and since not a lot of things will go wrong at the moment your gut feelings arent used to that and it's just trying to conjure up those feelings so it can feel "normal" again

•  REPLY  •

StoryBook
StoryBook
Archfiend (57)
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
00:15:16 Sep 26 2007
Read 3,545 times

You can't really tell the difference. Because not everyone is of sound mind and body. A logical explanation wouldn't be logical to a paranoid person.

•  REPLY  •

xPsychex
xPsychex
Great Sire (114)
[ Give / Take ]
03:41:14 Sep 26 2007
Read 3,542 times

There is a big difference between the two things, however, telling the difference would be hard if there were some kind of mental imbalance that were interfering with a persons judgement.

•  REPLY  •

WitheredLover
WitheredLover
Archfiend (57)
[ Give / Take ]

03:53:18 Sep 26 2007
Read 3,538 times

It's when you have a deep certainty that something will happen, without any reason to know. Like, if you're really sure that your friend's gonna die (many premonitions have something to do with death) TOMORROW, that's a premonition. But if someone told you that and you just forgot, it's not. Usually premonitions are the result of an overactive imagination or paranoia, especially bizarre ones. Of course, instinct is perfectly normal. Having a "hunch" is part of human nature. It's when you're absolutely positive that something, usually bad, will happen, without any real reason to think that way.

•  REPLY  •

Scatterspell
Scatterspell
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
04:48:24 Sep 27 2007
Read 3,526 times

Premonitions are weird. Human beings have evolved a bit from creatures that used their instincts and other senses.

We still hold these traits and they still work. This is what most people would call a gut feeling or a premonition.

•  REPLY  •

RavenKnight
RavenKnight
Royal Sire (234)
[ Give / Take ]
18:43:11 Sep 27 2007
Read 3,523 times

Telling the difference between paranoia and premonitions would probably be a hard thing to do, i would just go with your gut feeling, i do not see how it could hurt anyone if you did...

•  REPLY  •

Glenn
Glenn
Charmer (84)
[ Give / Take ]
Chateau Orleans (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Chateau Orleans (Coven)
18:57:53 Sep 27 2007
Read 3,520 times

The line ismost thin. Do not doubt your abilities or good intentions for others. Gifted people are always theobject of other peoples jealousy and pettiness. Be true to you and make the best of a very special gift.

•  REPLY  •

sanguinarybloodlust
sanguinarybloodlust

No Longer Registered
18:59:51 Sep 27 2007
Read 3,519 times

It's important to trust your instincts. Listen to how you feel inside, and act accordingly.

Either you end up behaving like an idiot or you actually do the right thing...

•  REPLY  •

Kryptick
Kryptick

No Longer Registered
19:01:21 Sep 27 2007
Read 3,517 times

That's true, and its better to act like an idiot and be wrong than to not do anything out of fear of acting like an idiot and then you be right.

•  REPLY  •

20:46:34 Sep 27 2007
Read 3,513 times

Reading thru the thread I have gotten the impression that you are stressed and that will affect your premonitions. Try and set some time to just you self and lay on you bed with complete silence and focus on you.. theat should help you clear things up... it alwasy works for me.

Love and miss you

Brittany

•  REPLY  •

XxShadowSeekerxX
XxShadowSeekerxX
Bestial Spirit (27)
[ Give / Take ]

21:58:08 Sep 27 2007
Read 3,508 times

I have had premonitions through my dreams twice.

It started about a month ago.

First was I would find something I was missing and looking for under my bed.

(Dream told me what it was, I'm just not stating what it was. Just clariying.)

When I awoke, I looked there.

Second was that I would meet my current boyfriend at the mall.'

Next day I went, and met him.

I don't believe in coincedences when it comes to premonitions.

•  REPLY  •

19:33:59 Oct 19 2007
Read 3,491 times

being paranoid is getting feelings about something happening

having a premonition is actually seeing something happening

•  REPLY  •

GiselledePompadour
GiselledePompadour
Lusus Naturae (45)
[ Give / Take ]

19:59:08 Oct 19 2007
Read 3,488 times

im not sure im so fucked up right now
i have no clue if its one or the other

•  REPLY  •

Meepz
Meepz
Sire (103)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of La Bella Oscuridad
20:12:58 Oct 19 2007
Read 3,485 times

Take a step back and breath deeply. There is no real way to accurately examine if these gut feelings are premonitions or just a hightened sense of paranoia. Many times our sense can fool us into believing that a certain outcome is inevitable.

The inclinations you recieve are coloring what we see in your life. If you let the gut feelings take over, than you are not in control of your gift nor are you able to distinguish between what is a real premonition and what is merely a bad egg sandwhich.

•  REPLY  •

NyteStalker
NyteStalker

No Longer Registered
04:55:30 Oct 20 2007
Read 3,479 times

not everyone can get used to their premonitions i never could but everytime i have had one its always something bad like a friends parent dieing or my parent dieing....just some cant get used to it and wish they never had it

•  REPLY  •

wicanman
wicanman
Marplot (14)
[ Give / Take ]
05:17:11 Oct 20 2007
Read 3,474 times

theres no real way of telling

•  REPLY  •

deathnitegrl
deathnitegrl
Venerable Sire (131)
[ Give / Take ]
House Eternal is a member of an Alliance

Member of House Eternal
Vampire Rave member for 19 years.
07:59:28 Oct 20 2007
Read 3,467 times

I get feelings of something that is going to happen,at the same time,sometimes I tend to get paranoid.

In that case I wonder if the bad stuff happens because it was going to happen and I felt it,or I made it happen because of my paranoia.

•  REPLY  •

alixaryon
alixaryon
Nightmare (97)
[ Give / Take ]

12:24:21 Oct 20 2007
Read 3,461 times

Really this is a difficult one, like asking, am I mutated or evolved?

•  REPLY  •

VR System
VR System

No Longer Registered
12:24:21 Oct 20 2007
Read 3,461 times

This thread has been automatically closed for length.

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by VR System on Oct 20 2007  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.921 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X