xFallenAngel1313x
Quadruped (33)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 7 years.
16:28:22 Jan 23 2017
Read 1,281 times

I run my own candle business. That aside I know that there are many uses for candles. I am going to ask are they important to have if casting or doing a ritual? What are the other ways you like to use candles.

•  REPLY  •

17:11:46 Jan 23 2017
Read 1,274 times

Candles are good for blinding people, and make push ups more fun.

•  REPLY  •

Umyalanaraku
Umyalanaraku
Evil Spirit (60)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
18:18:39 Jan 23 2017
Read 1,268 times

All you need is a person above you, using a candle to drip hot wax onto your back. lol

•  REPLY  •

18:29:19 Jan 23 2017
Read 1,266 times

Or have small candles beneath you so that if you fail to push up or are tiring and your torso is getting to low, you get burnt....of course the generated heat going up will burn you anyway but still its good for a psychological kick that can give an adrenal boost.

•  REPLY  •

Umyalanaraku
Umyalanaraku
Evil Spirit (60)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
18:32:12 Jan 23 2017
Read 1,264 times

I like candles though, but then I like fire too, it is the flame of the candle I enjoy.

•  REPLY  •

18:35:52 Jan 23 2017
Read 1,262 times

I prefer a dark room but if I had to choose the type of lighting i.e candles or fire vs electric lights, I would choose the former since it gives a nice atmosphere.

•  REPLY  •

LazurusAQ
LazurusAQ
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
18:46:51 Jan 23 2017
Read 1,260 times

You might want to target Reiki healers and energist.

They usually have a lot of candles.

•  REPLY  •

xFallenAngel1313x
xFallenAngel1313x
Quadruped (33)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
04:29:03 Jan 24 2017
Read 1,244 times

I use them for meditation. Help with relaxing my panic attacks. Camping BBQs gifts . The name of my business is Haven Of The Stars. We are on Facebook.

•  REPLY  •

HellsBitch
HellsBitch

No Longer Registered
13:02:36 Jan 24 2017
Read 1,234 times

Candles are good for ambiance. I personally prefer scented candles.

•  REPLY  •

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Premiere Sire (126)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
15:27:10 Jan 24 2017
Read 1,229 times

And I get accused of derailing threads. The hypocrisy is astounding. SMH

I love to use candles when focusing my energy on something specific. I especially like using scented candles.

For instance, if I want to do a ... cleansing, if I want to meditate my worries away, I like to use white candles, and I like for them to have a clean, fresh scent. Clean Linen by Glade is a good one. I burn incense that matches the mood (sandalwood is a fav), too, but I just adore scented candles. And if I want to do something love related, I like red, or even pink, candles. The red ones usually don't have a scent that I associate with love, so I generally turn to pink candles if I'm using scents as well. My favorite for love stuff is Angel Whispers by Glade, I believe. It smells like roses. And I burn my rose incense. Very conducive to inspiring warm feelings. :) In fact, I like to burn my Angel Whispers candles all the time, just because. It's my favorite scent.

Candles are a very important representative tool in many rituals. It would be interesting to see where this topic could go. Hopefully, it won't get closed. I would like to see what others have to say, as long as it's of value.

•  REPLY  •

15:49:23 Jan 24 2017
Read 1,225 times

FallenAngel.
Some candles, especially scented can be dangerous in terms of toxicity, the fumes are really not good and have even been said to be equal to smoke that gives you cancer, so I would recommend a fully ventilated room before setting them up.

Funny really, humans use some candles as part of a therapy and all are doing is poisoning themselves.

•  REPLY  •

xFallenAngel1313x
xFallenAngel1313x
Quadruped (33)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
15:55:02 Jan 24 2017
Read 1,223 times

I use essential oils and all natural oils nothing toxic in my candles. But thank you for putting out the reminder. The toxic substances are paints that shouldn't be burned. I use liquid wax to have different colors on the candles. I can assure you that the candles I make are safe .

•  REPLY  •

15:59:24 Jan 24 2017
Read 1,220 times

Heh long as the oils are not flammable, mind you it is funny to see someone on fire.

A bit of cliche but I have always fancied candles on genuine human skulls. I always love a horror look.

•  REPLY  •

decondemon
decondemon
Revenant (41)
Honor: 60
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
01:33:25 Jan 25 2017
Read 1,212 times

i literally only use them for ambiance.black or red candles burning matches the theme of my living room or my bedroom. movie night its especially cool. thats about all i use them for. i burn incense so the scented ones dont do much

•  REPLY  •

xFallenAngel1313x
xFallenAngel1313x
Quadruped (33)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
04:16:19 Jan 25 2017
Read 1,204 times

The oils get mixed into the wax as it melts

•  REPLY  •

DarkestTemptation
DarkestTemptation
Daemon (95)
[ Give / Take ]
Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 8 years.
01:36:42 Jan 26 2017
Read 1,181 times

Candles are good for a lot of reasons it helps you to see if there is a bad storm out an all the power goes out, it's good for medatition, kinky stuff of course,

•  REPLY  •

14:19:58 Jan 26 2017
Read 1,170 times

Good for testing pain endurance as well, a little game I like is how long you can keep your flesh on the tip of the flame before the pain becomes too much.

•  REPLY  •

MoonlitGodess
MoonlitGodess
Dastardly Being (59)
[ Give / Take ]
Poison (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Poison (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 9 years.
11:07:30 Jan 27 2017
Read 1,156 times

i have also heard that depending on the color of the candle they can be used in certain instances

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 139
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
14:27:49 Feb 01 2017
Read 1,109 times

Good point MoonlitGodess, the following are some of the colors and the influence that it can create during a ritual.

White----Purity, Truth and Sincerity.
Red-------Strength, Health, Vigor and Sexual Love.
Light Blue---Tranquility, Understanding, Patience and Health.
Dark Blue----Impulsiveness, Depression and Chageability.
green---Finance, Fertility and Luck
Gold Yellow---Attraction, Persuasion, Charm and Confidence
Brown---Hesitation, Uncertainly and neutrality.
pink---Honor, Love and Morality
Black---Evil, Loss, Discord and Confusion
Purple---Tension, Ambition, Business progress and Power.
Silver/Gray---Cancellation, Neutrality and stalemate.
Orange---Encouragement, Adaptability, Stimulation and Attraction.
Greenish Yellow--Sickness, Cowardice, Anger, jealousy and Discord.

One important aspec is the day of the week. The following are the color for the week:

Sunday---Yellow
Monday----White
Tuesday---Red
Wednesday--Purple
Thursday---Blue
Friday---Green
Saturday--Black

•  REPLY  •

14:39:30 Feb 01 2017
Read 1,107 times

Remind me to get black, purple and red candles in that case. haha

A lot objects in this world are assigned meanings based on color, shape etc. Kind of amusing since something does not actually need meaning to function.

•  REPLY  •

Rabynion
Rabynion
Banshee (72)
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven Of Mystical Blood Moon is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven Of Mystical Blood Moon
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
06:47:48 Feb 03 2017
Read 1,085 times

Ive always wanted a home (very large) that i can light with nothing but candles and torches...

I do like using candles in ritual/and to help what ever i may be doing at my alter.

•  REPLY  •

15:34:55 Feb 03 2017
Read 1,076 times

Well with that terrible and unnecessary event/holiday coming up, I imagine a lot of candles are going to get bought and out of some pathetic "romantic" gesture.

Why should romance and love matter? Just mate for the night and move on. Humans are animals just like any other, they possess the same drive as them. I suppose in the event of something going wrong, a candle may make a good weapon.

•  REPLY  •

TigerMoon
TigerMoon
Venerable Sire (137)
[ Give / Take ]

Vampire Rave member for 12 years.
09:44:50 Feb 04 2017
Read 1,068 times

I am afraid of using scented candles after reading something some years back that scented candles have cancer-causing properties. But, I wish I had some scented candles right now. If I want scent, I just an air-freshner or a spray on favourite perfume. In reality, scented candles are safe... it's just that age-old sentiment... "too much of something is not good".

I use candles of only 3 colours for relaxing purposes and focus sessions. Sometimes, I use candles to read into the wee hours of the morning, sometimes, even till sunrise. I love the old conventional feeling... I mean I am truly appreciative of electricity and would die without it... but, I love my candles as well.

•  REPLY  •

vVvLouisvVv
vVvLouisvVv
Great Sire (111)
[ Give / Take ]
Chateau Orleans (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Chateau Orleans (Coven)
01:00:07 Feb 05 2017
Read 1,054 times

I burn scented candles everyday. Also we burn Shabbat candles every Friday night and during Hanukkah

•  REPLY  •

Li
Li
Chimera (90)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
06:19:57 Feb 05 2017
Read 1,047 times

As stated by many, candles are often used in witchcraft rituals as focusing mechanisms. According to this article, they can also be used in more everyday rituals to focus one's energy. For example, if you desire mental stimulation while studying, choose yellow candles. If you would like to increase your psychic awareness or encourage prophetic dreams, dark blue is the ideal color. Purple candles are also useful in increasing psychic ability. Orange candles can lend an energetic atmosphere to one's home.

The author did go on to clarify that spells are "more about releasing your own power and intention toward a specific goal." Meaning that the candles themselves do not hold any real power; the power is within you.

•  REPLY  •

Li
Li
Chimera (90)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
06:48:50 Feb 05 2017
Read 1,044 times

In regard to the assumption that scented candles can cause cancer:

The National Candle Association, has stated that scented candles are safe to use. At one time, lead in the wicks was more of a concern than the chemicals used to create scent; however, the use of lead in the wicks was banned by the US in 2003 by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. Still, there is evidence that the ingredient used to create a citrus scent, limonene, is potentially harmful. When exposed to air, linonene turns into formaldehyde, which is classified as a human carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer. -- Snopes

It would be wise, then, to avoid the ingredient limonene, in candles as well as other things. If you are still wary of burning scented candles, but cannot resist their charm, burn them in a well-ventilated area, and do so in moderation. The reality is, anything and everything is potentially fatal to humans. If cancer from a scented candle does not kill you, it is a certainty something else will.

•  REPLY  •

LilWyldTygressKittyn
LilWyldTygressKittyn
Transgressor (54)
[ Give / Take ]

Member of Poison (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 8 years.
18:54:42 Feb 14 2017
Read 1,000 times

Besides for rituals
I use scented candles in spells
And on certain days of the year I light a special scented candle as I gave all those that are no longer among the living a scent to represent them
I light the candle on these special days and let it burn for awhile
as it burns I remember them and the good and bad times while they were with the living

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven Of Malevolent Shadows is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven Of Malevolent Shadows
Vampire Rave member for 13 years.
19:02:59 Feb 14 2017
Read 998 times

Candles remind me of most living organisms, a flame that is slowly burning itself to nothing.

As said above, some candles can be dangerous but its easy to avoid.

No idea why some people think they may need a certain candles for rituals though, a candle is a candle no matter what.

•  REPLY  •

Li
Li
Chimera (90)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
19:34:28 Feb 14 2017
Read 995 times

I believe I stated this before, but I will reiterate: The use of candles during any ceremony is as representation. Representation: "the expression or designation by some term, character, symbol, or the like." The candles themselves are rarely thought to hold any sort of power. Instead, the use of candles is to focus the intent of the one performing the ritual.

Candles are used in several types of rituals, not just those of witchcraft. In some wedding ceremonies, the couple will take separate candles and, using their individual flames, light a single candle. This represents the unity of their marriage--two souls becoming one, two lives becoming one. These candles are often white, as well, which represents purity and sanctity.

Just because you might not understand something does not mean it has no purpose.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]

21:33:35 Feb 14 2017
Read 990 times

It is not from lack of understanding because I am aware of those rituals and expressions, I just don't see why it matters in the bigger picture, mind you I don't find much meaning in anything really.

•  REPLY  •

TigerMoon
TigerMoon
Venerable Sire (137)
[ Give / Take ]

15:46:46 Feb 15 2017
Read 976 times

@ Vitiosus

You sound to be from the existentialist school of thought. I don't think you truly do not find meaning in anything. What do you mean by no meaning? Do you not see a purpose? Or do you not see a deeper significance to things?

I do not mean to come across as being a nag, but, you should think about it....

Is it because you do not identify a purpose, in which philosophical sense, you do not truly understand what is happening, making it as a reason for the lack of understanding, or you do not find significance in what is happening, in which philosophical sense, you do not truly care about what is happening, making it intentional?

Ponder on this.... Just a thought from me.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]

17:37:35 Feb 15 2017
Read 969 times

"You sound to be from the existentialist school of thought. I don't think you truly do not find meaning in anything. What do you mean by no meaning? Do you not see a purpose? Or do you not see a deeper significance to things?"

I understand how it can mean something to someone personally, but I don't see any purpose or meaning to it in the larger picture. A candle is a candle and life is just life, I don't see any greater meaning or purpose to it.

"Is it because you do not identify a purpose, in which philosophical sense, you do not truly understand what is happening, making it as a reason for the lack of understanding, or you do not find significance in what is happening, in which philosophical sense, you do not truly care about what is happening, making it intentional?"

It is not from a lack of understanding, I can understand its meaning to others, I just don't think it matters in the grand scheme of things, so it is closer to the latter in that it just doesn't matter to me. I don't really care for labels but I am what you would call a Nihilist. I simply do not care or see any deeper meaning to the world.

Unless I can consume it or use it for surviving, I won't care much for it beyond any practical use. A candle won't do me much good.

•  REPLY  •

TigerMoon
TigerMoon
Venerable Sire (137)
[ Give / Take ]

22:40:30 Feb 15 2017
Read 961 times

I see where you are coming from... existential nihilism. Very fascinating. As Li has mentioned, candles are tangible objwcts of focus for a larger, more potent significance, metaphorically and symbolically. It is just an alternate mode of a school of thought. :)

•  REPLY  •

Umyalanaraku
Umyalanaraku
Evil Spirit (60)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
03:18:34 Feb 16 2017
Read 956 times

I think it is just that humans try so hard to find significance in everything. They give off a certain ambience that can be either gentle and soothing or dark and creepy. But in reality they are merely a catalyst for the mood of the mind. I think it is all in the perception of the situation in which we use them. For most, a dinner or bath by candle light would be perceived as calming, romantic, and peaceful. On the other hand, the same candles in a haunted house, gothic castle or occult ritual would be perceived as creepy and unnerving for most.

•  REPLY  •

Kittyn
Kittyn
Chimera (90)
[ Give / Take ]

Member of Poison (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 10 years.
04:29:48 Feb 16 2017
Read 954 times

true I believe that most use candles in rituals or spellwork, meditate is that they find light to bright distracting
well I do and that is why use candles

•  REPLY  •

Necromance
Necromance
Bete Noire (44)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
14:25:13 Feb 17 2017
Read 936 times

I like use candles in cleansing with some sage for my house. As well we use them around my house for healing purpouses. In the evening I tend to light candles whenever I read although its not really good on the eyes. But with my current job profession and being either inside or outside all day bright light tends to hurt my eyes more after being around it all day.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]

16:37:32 Feb 17 2017
Read 930 times

I can see how it can inspire certain emotions by its cosmetic look but it still doesn't change that it is a candle, I do like them, I just don't hold them to higher purpose unless it can prove it deserves to be.
Certain candles being needed for specific things may just be a placebo effect.

•  REPLY  •

MoonlitGodess
MoonlitGodess
Dastardly Being (59)
[ Give / Take ]

Member of Poison (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 9 years.
07:38:49 Feb 25 2017
Read 903 times

growing up my mom"dabbled" with wiccan spells and such (i know that its a bad thing to do) she literally had candels in every color but i never noticed anything special result from having them. the only thing she managed to do was open many doors between worlds and allow other wordly beings into the house. and alot of them were not good

everyone is entitled to their pwn opinion. to me candels just smell nice but are expensive unless you get the from a dollar store.

•  REPLY  •

Gristle
Gristle
Obtruder (51)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 10 years.
09:16:53 Feb 25 2017
Read 901 times

I only use soy, vegan candles. I don't use them for ritualistic crap (because I think it's that - crap) - I light them because they're pretty and smell nice, the flickering at night is soothing, and I can use the smell for mindfulness meditation.

•  REPLY  •

DiabolicalMe
DiabolicalMe
Bete Noire (44)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Guardians Of The Night (Coven)
21:44:02 Feb 27 2017
Read 881 times

I used candles in a ritual once that seemed to work but have not tried since.

•  REPLY  •

Li
Li
Chimera (90)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
20:42:37 Mar 02 2017
Read 868 times

Gristle, one man's crap is another man's meditation. When it comes to candles and their purpose in most rituals, the individuals utilizing them are doing so in an attempt to focus their energy. What is meditation? "The English meditation is derived from the Latin meditatio, from a verb meditari, meaning 'to think, contemplate, devise, ponder'." - Meditation Therefore, when you use candles to meditate, it is really no different than what one would do during a ritual.

There is an abundance of information regarding candles and their use during meditation. This article even suggests using different color candles for different meditative purposes.

•  REPLY  •

Necromance
Necromance
Bete Noire (44)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
17:30:14 Mar 03 2017
Read 860 times

Thanks for posting that article LI. Candles are great for meditation and getting a piece of mind. Helps focus as well subtle things such as the flicker of the flame and all.

•  REPLY  •

Lav
Lav
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Dark Souls (Coven)
17:28:15 Mar 07 2017
Read 836 times

I use candles in pretty much anything ritual. If they aren't actively part of the ritual itself, they are a mood setting device. Lighting candles and incense is a standard part of setting myself up in the proper mindset. Overhead lighting is too harsh, and tends to remove me mentally from what I am doing.

Pretty much anything I do after-hours, I prefer to do by candlelight. Something about it just feels more normal to me than having a ton of fluorescent bulbs to light the way.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]

20:51:34 Mar 07 2017
Read 828 times

Lights can give you headaches, so candle light is a good alternative.

•  REPLY  •

Lav
Lav
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
21:02:20 Mar 07 2017
Read 826 times

It really is. I used to have really chronic migranes, so I seem to have picked up a habit of just avoiding lights in general.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]

21:15:57 Mar 07 2017
Read 824 times

People has done well enough with fire, candles and torches for centuries, its worked well enough and it saves electricity and keeps you warm at the same time.

•  REPLY  •

Lav
Lav
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
21:20:02 Mar 07 2017
Read 822 times

Very true. And given my general respect for what fire can do if left to it's own devices, I generally don't burn anything down in the process. I do have a number of lanterns that work quite well.

•  REPLY  •

Vitiosus
Vitiosus
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]

21:24:44 Mar 07 2017
Read 820 times

Indeed, it keeps you on clock. Typical lights encourage laziness which results in a waste of energy. Lanterns were good for the old ships, really gave them a good look at night.

•  REPLY  •

Lav
Lav
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
21:32:26 Mar 07 2017
Read 817 times

Haha, I'd never attributed them to laziness prior to now, but I suppose you're right there. Nothing like operating on pure candlelight to keep all your sleep cycles in order.

•  REPLY  •

13:16:40 Mar 08 2017
Read 813 times

The world is such a dark place at night that humans have forgotten that fact. Turn every single light off at night even the street lights and assuming there is no moonlight, you will find a world of pitch black with nothing but your ears to help you. Some may have good low light vision but your eyes need some level of light to reflect and see.

•  REPLY  •

Lav
Lav
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
17:32:32 Mar 08 2017
Read 810 times

I hear that, there's a lot to be said for learning to trust only what you can hear when out in the dark. It's a challenge, but one worth trying to learn.

•  REPLY  •

Li
Li
Chimera (90)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
21:04:51 Mar 15 2017
Read 760 times

There was a scene in the movie "The Lovely Bones" where Susie's father lit a candle and placed it in the window as a beacon so that she could find her way home. Susie was, of course, dead the candle, the light, acted as a sort of anchor, keeping her tethered to her mortal life.

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by Vampirewitch39 on May 28 2018  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.5333 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X