VR
I would like the views of both the Vampyric and Non Vampyric Community on this- Tyra Banks Show on real Vampyres/Vampires
General Discussion
•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

UMBRAxDExVIR
UMBRAxDExVIR
Sire (109)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
15:53:25 Nov 11 2008
Read 12,394 times

•  REPLY  •

meeper
meeper
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
16:49:03 Nov 11 2008
Read 12,367 times

Perhaps you can offer some direction for the discussion by posting a question to go along with the clips, LordOfNoctemAeternus.

•  REPLY  •

UMBRAxDExVIR
UMBRAxDExVIR
Sire (109)
[ Give / Take ]
16:53:44 Nov 11 2008
Read 12,351 times

what are your thoughts on the clips? what do you think about what is said in them by the Vampyres/Vampires?

•  REPLY  •

Bloodmother
Bloodmother
Sire (108)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
17:10:09 Nov 11 2008
Read 12,327 times

You made me watch daytime T.V. Okay, I'm having a bout of insomnia so hello, Tyra Banks. She wasn't as silly as I thought she'd be, and neither was Emperor Donald. He's well-spoken and his fangs don't make him lisp - no mean feat. He laughed, admitted nervousness, and had a modest edge to the usual vampire arrogance.

The show went downhill after Donald. The two "psi vamps" are emblematic of the troubled fringes of vampire culture, imo. Ego, posing and bloated fetishism are where our tabloid, reality show-ridden culture thrives and why expecting "real" vampirism to be taken seriously probably won't happen any time soon.

•  REPLY  •

Daileus
Daileus

No Longer Registered
17:37:09 Nov 11 2008
Read 12,319 times

What is real vampirism? Drinking blood? By definition that is the meaning of "bloodlust" I think it's possible it could be staged, as most talk shows are. I don't think that he is a vampire. Reason being that the TRUE definition of a vampire from 1700's Serbia is a creature that "comes back from the dead" to feed on the blood of the living. And 2. Anyone who feeds on others for SURVIVAL." If you don't die without feeding on blood or energy, technically you are not a vampire. I think that people twist the true definition of the word so hey can label themselves as such. It would be like me saying I am a flower because I bury myself in the ground from the neck down. If vampires do exist, then we can't erase the possibility of werewolves, leprechauns, fairies, or pink Christina Aguilera monsters. Just my opinion, and I'm just going by the books. ;)

•  REPLY  •

XSilverxMoonxNightX
XSilverxMoonxNightX
Dybbuk (76)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
18:48:26 Nov 11 2008
Read 12,298 times

I'm kind of upset I missed this episoede but kind of glad that tyra did a show about vampires I have always been facinated by them the movies, the stories, the way people behave the conditions they possess it's all very interesting to me

I did enjoy emperor Donalds explanation of the definition of vampires and what he did to demonstrate his abilites.

I do believe that vampires exisit just not the way it is prtrayed in hollywood I think that their believes go very deep that they are humane in their practices and only feed from willing doners and that is something I think is good that many vamps out there stand by but occassionally u do get one thats a bit messed up and also messy one that serriously does have a medical condition and would take the vampire thing to a whole nother level and take blood with out asking or with out someone willfully donating it to you and that is inhumane and is believe it or not frowned upon in the vampiric community.

as it would seem based on my observations and based on what I sat on the tyra show.

•  REPLY  •

XSilverxMoonxNightX
XSilverxMoonxNightX
Dybbuk (76)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
18:58:19 Nov 11 2008
Read 12,287 times

wow ok reread the above and I must say i can't type today sorry for taking up more space for clearification

but I was saying that it is inhumane and frowned upon in the vampiric community to feed from someone who isn't willing to give.

it's quite an interesting study

and to Bloodmother I agree I did infact take donald serriously I started to take the other two serriously but.. then it kind of died but I am really glad that trya decided to think outsode the box and do something that not many talk shows would...

Go tyra :)

•  REPLY  •

Chalk
Chalk
Obtruder (51)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Tenebris Corvus (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 15 years.
21:17:38 Nov 11 2008
Read 12,252 times

firstly I really dont like tyra very much, i found her very childish throughout the whole episode. As for the psy vamps, I only watched the first half as my computer has started to act up but the one with the short hair comes across as very up her self, very very pompous. As for Don, he was kinda as I would have expected, trying to lay it all out straight, generally fine...although remarkable short. Its just a shame they did not try to find a very slightly more normal vampires to talk.

•  REPLY  •

Jessyka
Jessyka

No Longer Registered
21:41:59 Nov 11 2008
Read 12,247 times

I think the opening clip to discuss what the show will be about is ver biased and makes vampires look bad.

•  REPLY  •

STABB666
STABB666
Premiere Sire (129)
[ Give / Take ]
22:22:25 Nov 11 2008
Read 12,232 times

Ryu,

I'm very disappointed by the whole episode. I thought the choice of guests was very emblematic of how the new fad is drawing in those who want to have a special something about themselves, and since Goth and vampirism is one of the latest 'cool' styles, it inevitably draws in glory hunters.

They did represent a selection from what can be agreed are the three main types of 'vampire'. Don with his full-on physical blood drinker image. Sarah with her fluffy 'psychic' energy work. And then what I would define as classic poseurs in the other two, who frankly made me cringe.

I felt that they were all undermined by their self-implied titles and affected 'vampirey' names. If they had dropped Queen and Emperor and Vampyra and Lucian, and just used their real names, it would have afforded them less ridicule. How can anyone expect to be taken seriously from the start when introduced as such?

It seemed to me that it was an exercise in self-promotion from their perspective, although they all had very accurate things to say in regards to the safety aspects of blood play, and were quite keen to stress their own moral codes.

Don was very reluctant to give out anything particularly enlightening, but given the audience that's hardly surprising. He looked like he just wanted his face on TV. That none of them really explored the actual processes involved and virtually ignored the sociological aspects of it all, was hardly helped by Miss Banks childlike manner and questioning.

The whole event was more like a tacky opportunity for a neat new topic for the Halloween special, with little real substance, or desire to produce an exposé.

I think it is not going to benefit anything other than an increase in the attraction to Goth chic, which isn't a terrible thing, but it probably did more harm than good if you are looking to gain a measure of respectability and wider acceptance for each of those lifestyles.

•  REPLY  •

Jessyka
Jessyka

No Longer Registered
22:51:06 Nov 11 2008
Read 12,224 times

After watching the entire show, I got a lot out of it. I learned about the different types of vampire. I want to research about the energies. It did make vampires seem like a selective breed. I wish it would have talked about awakening and shed light on that. But it was a very informative show.

•  REPLY  •

PrincessBlancheJeiselle
PrincessBlancheJeiselle

No Longer Registered
00:10:07 Nov 12 2008
Read 12,207 times

This was very interesting to watch. Though, here is my view on it.
I wouldn't think a Vampire would want there identity to be seen anywhere publicly. We have been basically hiding for years, even though some know of us, I wouldn't believe that Vampires would go to an extent on wanting the whole world to know, would they?

This show seemed pretty cool though, looked very realistic, but I think it was fake. A lot of people would've had there negative thoughts on it, opinions, based on whether they are real or not.

•  REPLY  •

Nightgame
Nightgame
Superior Sire (144)
Honor: 60
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Umbrae Octo is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Umbrae Octo
01:23:52 Nov 12 2008
Read 12,194 times

I honestly had to force myself through this since it was too silly for words in too many areas. "Vampire Don" did seem to be trying to put out the information in a straightforward manner even as every possible opportunity was taken to make fun of him. While some of this he may have invited or even supported I doubt anyone who acted as straight as he did among the other guests was prepared for that level of stupidity.

The other 3 guests do not even deserve a comment.

I would like the opportunity to see the National Geographic show they used the clip from though.

•  REPLY  •

Infernalmage
Infernalmage
Spellbinder (81)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
04:13:16 Nov 12 2008
Read 12,171 times

Ryu,

I agree with Stabb, defiantly. He has put it eloquently. As per usual I do have an essays worth of a response to this travesty of film that We of the vampire community do have to mind. As well as the We of the non-vampire community that we by association have to deal with.

I can count no less then 5 individuals in my day to day, which fall into the stereotypes which are featured here in this segment. Tyra wanted ratings, and i hope she chokes on them for dragging idiots and filth through the mud for "social entertainment" and to provide a medium of ridicule for people who honestly believe they are serious.

Secondly, is that I do not claim them as part of the community that I am apart of. To go on national air, is rediculous if the venue for it, is going to be demeaning for the rest of the community who endures far worse things then a sun tan for their beliefs. What in this green and verdant earth have they done for the commuinity? I mean seriously? Ive said it once, hes no king or emperor of mine.

So to wrap up what is gonna be an opnioniated bitch session, i conclude with that, if people want to dress up like idiots and yahoos, on national television, then let them do damage to some other subculture instead of telling the idiot masses we all worship don henry as king/emperor, and his "wife/queen/empress what ever her name was" theres no call to have something like that following anyone around.

There should be a public disservice announced made about this sort of thing. One is or isn't. Being a vampire and Being gay, are just facets to the personality, like coming out, and announcing your deepest darkest fetishes to the entire world telling everyone what you like is to get off to feet, or being tied up, and humiliated, etc. There is no difference in it. One is a vampire, let them meet, etc...but you dont need a little ribbon for vampire pride. We are better then that, and we are damn the hell best left alone by popular media.

Esp if they start interviewing "real life hunters" or some such nonsense on their shows....its not good where this is headed. Best sit back and watch it all go down. This should be interesting.

•  REPLY  •

UMBRAxDExVIR
UMBRAxDExVIR
Sire (109)
[ Give / Take ]
05:48:02 Nov 12 2008
Read 12,155 times

Infernalmage you hit it it on the head, I to say the same he is no King to me nor is his mate my queen. I feel the same they made us look like fools.

•  REPLY  •

MisfitChick423
MisfitChick423

No Longer Registered
06:07:56 Nov 12 2008
Read 12,150 times

Ryu, you made me watch Daytime TV....damnit

I honestly don't know what to think. I have to agree with the person that said the show when down hill after Don...But otherwise, I have no idea what to think.

•  REPLY  •

DemianA
DemianA
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
08:00:22 Nov 12 2008
Read 12,134 times

There will always be people who will go on TV and talk shows to advertise themselves. The ones who show up around Halloween are almost always some witch or druid or werewolf, and now we can include vampyres. I believe Don thinks he is doing all the rest of us a service by telling the public all about us, and promoting himself while he is doing so.
As far as Vampyra is concerned, I think she put on an excellent performance, sorta like you would see at the carnival freak show.
The red headed woman seemed like she had some problem with constipation. Maybe her aversion to sex is a defense mechanism, since she would repulse anyone the moment she opens her mouth.
But you know, I think it is not such a big deal. It was what we can expect from the media, and as entertaining as it was, Don and friends will show up again somewhere.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
08:13:58 Nov 12 2008
Read 12,132 times

When someone who identifies as a vampire ( someone who request that others not "attack"them for their beliefs) views another person who identifies
as a vampire, I admit I find that amusing. Am I the only one who notices that?

•  REPLY  •

UMBRAxDExVIR
UMBRAxDExVIR
Sire (109)
[ Give / Take ]
09:52:30 Nov 12 2008
Read 12,124 times

It is the way they went about it, Don is not the King nor the Red head Queen one. two the others made us look like we are all freaks. I feel there are ways to come out and the right people to do so, and from what I saw it was not them!

•  REPLY  •

akashadarksoul
akashadarksoul
Transgressor (54)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The Coven of Purgatory
11:14:21 Nov 12 2008
Read 12,118 times

I remember Vampire Don from mad mad house, as far as tyra the kind of qustions she asked were cheesy if done in a better way, with better questions i think it would have been better.
Maybe it wil start a show trend to have vamps as guests, then people can understand them better.

•  REPLY  •

Nightgame
Nightgame
Superior Sire (144)
Honor: 60
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Umbrae Octo is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Umbrae Octo
12:23:55 Nov 12 2008
Read 12,111 times

I do agree that it was a pitiful excuse of explotation to gain ratings on Halloween at the expense of a society of people by using the worst stereotypes of their group.

Claiming any of them as King/Queen or Emperor/Emperess is just like me claiming to be the Queen of New York, a silly affection that's not true.
Don was just the most straight acting among their guests and isn't that frightening in itself.

But if one mails in a complaint to the show they just look on it as publicity and any is good for that type of show. However if they decide a followup featuring "vampire hunters" would be a seriously troubling move since it takes very little provocation to send some nut cases off on a "holy" mission and innocents could be hurt by it.

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
15:25:34 Nov 12 2008
Read 12,099 times

I wasnt personally impressed with the show,and while I feel Don conducted himself very well,I still cant figure how he became king.AS for the Queen,she was just ..ehch, and I feel for any of those who consider her such.I found quite o few conflicts in what she said about Vamps and from what I have learned here.

•  REPLY  •

LouisLeMeer
LouisLeMeer
Nihilist (19)
[ Give / Take ]
16:10:31 Nov 12 2008
Read 12,093 times

These titles that are given, in all seriousness of my question, could they be from their coven?

•  REPLY  •

madlyn
madlyn
Venerable Sire (139)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Vampire Masquerade (Coven)
17:16:35 Nov 12 2008
Read 12,089 times

I don't believe it was just a publicity thing for the show nor an exploitation of the guests. I actually watched the show and thought it was good. I'm sure it did clear up alot of misconceptions about vampires. The guests seemed to be honest and at the same time holding back on what they should. It was good timing for the show to come out at Halloween as that is the time most are aware of "scary things". In todays world Vampires have become more popular and people are confused and curious. So even if a little knowledge came of it, it helps.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
19:37:05 Nov 12 2008
Read 12,073 times

The show really captured the rivalry between people who identify as vamires. The whole I am more vampire then you. Dons segment was dubbed he was stammering, perhaps he should stick to his circle or come on line.

Maybe the should have had a role player on as well, just to show that some people are creative about being vampires, I am sure they would have picked a bad example of a role player as well though, next time she should stick to popular things like maybe the writer of Twilight, or the cast of True Blood, but her show is not all that. She could have at least approached you Ryu I mean you seem to have all the right ideas.

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
19:57:36 Nov 12 2008
Read 12,064 times

Seems to be a little of that going on here too.Just goes to show that everyone has their own interpretation on what a real vampire is.I've also seen resistance as to his title .

•  REPLY  •

Ankhenanset
Ankhenanset
Lusus Naturae (45)
[ Give / Take ]
Chateau Orleans (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Chateau Orleans (Coven)
20:36:53 Nov 12 2008
Read 12,057 times

*sighs* where can i begin when I have so much to reply to this.....geez

Well, first off, tho I am no fan of Tyra, I do watch the Fashionista and ANTM shows cause I like fashion, and it kills time on tv. Her 'talk' show tho, is sad.

This particular episode, was very upsetting to me and my husband, as we have both been a part of the Community since 1998 online, tho in private life we have both been vamp since childhood, as we were born. We are both hybrids...we prefer blood, but feed primarily on energy in general cause it's easier, and even then, not nearly enough as we'd like. Also important, is that to some I'd be considered VERY goth, though to us, neither definition is related to the other, it does not HAVE to be. I am most usually found in whatever it is I find in my closet- including jeans and tons of black.

I was on a tv show once, a better brand, National Geographic. I did it for education purposes ONLY- I don't care much for fame, and sadly, the show was not aired as it had been filmed. They edited TONS and it took away the meaning, the purpose, of all our efforts. The result personally was that I was outed, and some friends began to ask questions...however, I digress. Not everyone who does shows is necessarily a bad representative- it just seems the wierd ones get picked most.

The people in this episode are at best heavily attention-seeking. Don is well known in the community, tho the new title is a laugh, and if he's not sexual I am J Edgar Hoover...lol (his forays are gossip, and hell, look at his MySpace cover pic....hello?)
Sarah Lester had never been heard of by anyone from my circle, tho a check on MySpace shows she is known by many other accosicates I know. My guess is she and Don run in the same circle, as they are both from Vegas.
The other two....well, tho her son may be of age, the portrayal tended to put a 'risk to a child tint' to it, and frankly she came across as a fetishist.

Blood is not as much of a taboo to anyone I know of...those who tend to be against it, I find, are primarily of Sanguinarian/Father Todd mentailty ( no offense meant, but after a few years, it was all the sudden a 'bad' thing)
Anyone with a brain knows any feeding has risks, yes blood moreso, but if one is smart, testing vigorously, a relationship, and methods are all important factors that have to be considered. I noticed on the show that Sarah demeanored Vampyra easily- and yeah she was seriously pompous. Also, some people feel they have to be part of a House, etc., it's their choice, I see it as a faith/religion typed-thing. Some ppl have to have something to believe in.

My friends Stabb and Lord NoctemAeternus, as well as Infernal Image are similar in their opinions to mine.

Yeah, that title sh*t always bugged me...my nickname is Gabby, Jenn by birthright- I've never held a title, would never want to. People like that who do shows this propagandized do make the community look bad, however, I will give Don one prop- that he did some sort of testing, and was willing- shame it was so brief a segment.

•  REPLY  •

LovelyXDEATH35
LovelyXDEATH35
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
22:51:37 Nov 12 2008
Read 12,040 times

atleast the information they presented was the honest they didn't tell too much of our community, they didn't mock our community, however, i think that that kind of attention may bring negative thoughts and actions to our community... some of the things we do just should not be brought to the mundane they do not need to know... if they wish to know that is something else then it is on them to find out but when you show blood feeding and fetish people think it is repulsive. i believe the videos were unnecessary they should have just shared what it is like to blood drink not show the audience it... now there may be more people out there who want to rid of us, or are afraid of us.... look at the numbers the amount of people that thought we were freaks to those that believed us the best that can come out of this is that people do not believe in it and leave it alone... however the few that do believe it is best if they just say oh okay vampires are real or take the time to learn about the vampyre communtiy but i do not think that that will be the majority of the viewers

•  REPLY  •

Daermon
Daermon
Diabolist (91)
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Nocturnal Retribution is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Nocturnal Retribution
Vampire Rave member for 19 years.
01:30:21 Nov 13 2008
Read 12,027 times

hmmm..my thoughts on this tripe.....
oh I think I just gave it....
now to detail that....., shows like this are sensationalist, they would never have most of us on there, because we live our daily lives, don't give ourselves stupid sounding wannabe goth names, sure I have a set of fangs...that I occasionally wear to the club...out of amusement..nothing more.....
the poeple shown on these shows are simply glory hogs..nothing more, and are beneath both notice and contempt

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
01:34:22 Nov 13 2008
Read 12,022 times

Was it Don who sought publicity? Or others seeking him out in the first place?

•  REPLY  •

Infernalmage
Infernalmage
Spellbinder (81)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
01:37:12 Nov 13 2008
Read 12,018 times

Don was first on MAD MAD MAD house or what ever it was some years ago....i think they had to go dig him up to find more out about that sort of thing...

•  REPLY  •

Daermon
Daermon
Diabolist (91)
[ Give / Take ]

01:47:16 Nov 13 2008
Read 12,013 times

don has always been a sensationalist character, been on tv shows, expounding his "vampireness" to the world, the only difference is now people go to him asking for his involvement, because he has had some fame concerning it, instead of him having to sit in auditions, he is less egotistical and flaky about it than the psy vamps were...but the same nonetheless

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
01:57:52 Nov 13 2008
Read 12,012 times

I am under the impression that he was sought out in the beginning too Infernal.

•  REPLY  •

Daermon
Daermon
Diabolist (91)
[ Give / Take ]

02:00:07 Nov 13 2008
Read 12,009 times

you're missing the point...WHY was it him sought out....why not someone else....because he was already making large public claims trying to get recognition.IE:sensationalism

•  REPLY  •

Infernalmage
Infernalmage
Spellbinder (81)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
02:02:10 Nov 13 2008
Read 12,008 times

if the vampire comunity is gonna have a puppet head leading the "politically correctness" agenda then well i do wish them all the luck in the world, but they as i said, are nothing more then sensationalists, and he has demonstrated no power or skill that can be done with half a brain.

But i am not vampire, so i do not claim to be part of that community, more of an observer, with involvement in things which sadly can be considered under branches. But i will say, for what he may be to some, for what he might be one day. He is not now, nor ever my king....and no flake weak psi vamp is ever gonna tell me whats what. Esp ones that displayed "that" on television.

Sadly i have digressed to far, and will remove myself from this discussion. Thanks for the fun though, it has been a while.

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
03:38:59 Nov 13 2008
Read 11,993 times

Um I dont know about that D. From what I heard he was sought out originally by some journalist and was kindof reluntant to agree in the beginning.But Im not sure because after all,it is hearsay.
I dunno,its like everytime I hear of one calling himself King ,Lord or whatever,all of a sudden there are those who disagree and find some reasons that they deem that peep a fraud or something.I find that rather amuzing to be honest.

•  REPLY  •

UMBRAxDExVIR
UMBRAxDExVIR
Sire (109)
[ Give / Take ]
04:47:04 Nov 13 2008
Read 11,983 times

I would never go on TV to speak about the community it is not my place and I could only speak for my self not others

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
05:18:48 Nov 13 2008
Read 11,977 times

Perhaps that is true Nocturn.Everyone has their limits and methods on how they approach matters.Even so,I am still seeing it.And simply because one does not choose to go by the same protocol,doesnt for one second substanceate one over the other.Im pretty sure he believes himself to be a true blooded Vampire,just as others feel they are.There is no Hardline criteria for how they dress,sleep or what they practice..other than drinking blood..or as Upir believes,having non stop sex.

•  REPLY  •

LadyLyssa
LadyLyssa

No Longer Registered
05:30:39 Nov 13 2008
Read 11,974 times

Overall, I really found it fascinating. Don was amazing. I have to say, I really respect him. Of all 3, I'd say he's the "true" vampyre. Which of course isn't to say that psy vampyres aren't real. Sara, definitely had a stick up her ass. A "holier than thou" mentality which I just found rude and disrespectful. Honestly, the vast majority of vampyres I know are still sexually active. She turned it around and completely condemned it as her choice was to live without it. Vampyra is more into the fetishes I think than actual vampyrism.

I like that Tyra brought all three very different lifestyles together and showed them all. So go Tyra! LOL (I never thought I'd say that...)

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
05:45:44 Nov 13 2008
Read 11,968 times

Im with you Star Gazer.I know if I were someone who followed Don's outlook,I sure wouldnt mind him being an ambassador/spokesman for my kind.He has what it takes as far as Im concerned and he knows how to act when presenting what he believes to be very real.
And you are right about Vampyra too,and if anyone is the sensationlist in the group,my tag is on her.Her claims went from Vampireism to being some kind of super Queen medium/witch/badderthaneveryone...whatever else she included in there.And had to go on to bring her children up too..oh how special they are,far more "gifted" than most other children.And her only back up is an undiscovered gene.Umm..right.How Annoyinig.

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
05:53:38 Nov 13 2008
Read 11,965 times

But you know,you do bring up a good point D.
"you're missing the point...WHY was it him sought out....why not someone else"
I am wondering if by the time others had thought to do somekind of show or story on Vampires,he had simply established himself and his community on the internet and had already made a name for himself amongst vampires..he does have a website,and is considered to be the leader of that community.Much like several who are trying to establish themselves as real life Vampires and heads of small communities here on VR.
And btw,I am not directing this at anyone in paticular,because there are more than one or two here doing that very thing.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
05:56:58 Nov 13 2008
Read 11,959 times

let's look at the actress possibility.
I would bet she complained of edit butchery all people that "script" with handlers in the green room I have heard all the hustle from a few shows turns out Donahu had a vampire guest once.

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
06:01:44 Nov 13 2008
Read 11,955 times

Dab,I would feel safe in saying that she is very much indeed one who seeks attention.Didnt she say herself that she had tried to apply and audition for Americas next top model? Or something to that affect.She wants fame,that much is obvious.

•  REPLY  •

Ankhenanset
Ankhenanset
Lusus Naturae (45)
[ Give / Take ]

06:07:01 Nov 13 2008
Read 11,951 times

A possibility to consider...

The majority of us IN the community, regardless of status, or any title...as many eschew titles...are not the types who seek to garner tv fame; many never at all, many only once after a failed attempt, all of these who want to help for helps sake and not fame, money or power....and unfortunately, if you are in the community...the majority of anyone who has gotten their 15 minutes of fame- have done so in less-than-wonderful ways, not to mention the online drama and very unsatisfactory actions and behavior most have caused......

only pushes us further from 1, believing a good tv portrayal can be accomplished at all, and 2, negatively affects the overall mood of individuals, groups, and the general public in trying to better the community or it's tv 'facetime'.

hope that made sense..I'm trying to cognitively speak late, late, LATE, and sleepily in the night.

•  REPLY  •

LadyLyssa
LadyLyssa

No Longer Registered
06:08:59 Nov 13 2008
Read 11,948 times

I agree with you Oceanne. Something about that woman just bugged me to no end. At least Don Henrie was polite. I am curious as to how he would feel about VR...

•  REPLY  •

Euresken
Euresken
Unclean Spirit (39)
[ Give / Take ]

10:11:17 Nov 13 2008
Read 11,925 times

I belive that no one should use television to try to pesuade the public the the vampirye race is either real or is thriving. the people will only grow skeptic and disregaurd us as another minority. but I do have to say that everyone I seen in public promoting our exsistince has been polite, even if it doesn't make us look good in a sense that people aren't ready to hear what we have to say. But thay convey the message in as nice a way as possible.

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
17:52:48 Nov 13 2008
Read 11,906 times

Im wondering what it was that he said that made you all look bad? I mean other than his chosen style of dress and fake fangs.If anythingI kinda felt he opened more doors of possible acceptence,as opposed to closing them.As for the opther,expecially Vampyra,they managed to do just the opposite.
Nucturn,I dont mind but would like to know what post you speak of that you would like to copy and send?

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
23:40:08 Nov 13 2008
Read 11,861 times

I really do apologise for all my typos especially in anyones name...Im still messed up.
Its clear that you dont care for the guy and especially since he bears his...title,and for other reasons evidently.But in all fairness,do you not feel he presented himself well ?

•  REPLY  •

MisfitChick423
MisfitChick423

No Longer Registered
00:03:37 Nov 14 2008
Read 11,854 times

I feel that he did present himself very well. Even though you could tell that he was a little nervous. I would be too if I was on T.V.

•  REPLY  •

Jessyka
Jessyka

No Longer Registered
00:11:04 Nov 14 2008
Read 11,848 times

Ryu
I think the PSY vamps comment that she doesn't assosiate with vampires added to the fact that they made vampyres? vampires look bad. Literally almost like a low life.

•  REPLY  •

Ankhenanset
Ankhenanset
Lusus Naturae (45)
[ Give / Take ]

00:54:25 Nov 14 2008
Read 11,839 times

I think Don presented himself as he usually does.....

my issue is not with Him persay, but rather with the grandeur, drama, and titles used in the presentation...the image began in the Mad House series, which was for nothing if not tv numbers, and less so for factual life.

for example, on a positive note...and this is coming from one who is dark enough in style to be called 'goth'....why is it that say 80% of those who go on tv are so goth in their appearance? Being 'goth' ins't bad, not at all- hell is who some of us are, but lets get past the fantasy and the hollywood bits and show someone who looks plain and not so 'stereotypical' too!

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
01:02:13 Nov 14 2008
Read 11,836 times

Yes,the whole title thing,the drama and Vampyra contributed much to the cheese factor.

•  REPLY  •

CherryAdvocaat
CherryAdvocaat
Disciple (53)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
02:10:01 Nov 14 2008
Read 11,824 times

Gawd I really don't like Tyra Banks. Anyway, Don seems like a fairly straight up fellow, really decent and switched on. Good for him, but I'll still never believe anyone who says they are a 'real' vampire.

•  REPLY  •

DemianA
DemianA
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]

06:26:21 Nov 14 2008
Read 11,804 times

I have not read anything in this post that has intimated that Don is not a Vampyre.
I think Don is an opportunist, intelligent, and is attempting to bring a the subject of human real Vampyres into the living rooms of those who want to know about them.
I do question the others who came on the show as to what they are trying to get across to viewers with their claims. It seemed like the show would have been better had they not appeared.
I think that Don may be taking things a bit too far with his claim to be "emperor", but I took his comment as being sarcastic and an attempt at humor.

•  REPLY  •

Daermon
Daermon
Diabolist (91)
[ Give / Take ]

08:28:05 Nov 14 2008
Read 11,798 times

A good point was made a few posts back, I don't have any serious issue with Mr.Henry....I do however refuse to call him emperor, kind, lord or any other such garbage, the same as most of the goth kids at the club I go to get called their REAL names by me, which often pisses them off....too bad for them
he does show well the mannerisms of a leader, and someone who isn't afraid to "live outside the box" as it were...
but as to the question of why him....I believe you answered your own wondering there....he has a website, and has set himself up as a leader of a group....not exactly the actions of a person not wanting to be noticed, very much the actions of someone who while they may SAY they are low key...actually act as though they wish notice

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
13:49:34 Nov 14 2008
Read 11,789 times

DemianA,well said and I agree.Maybe you're right about his attempt at humor.The others pretty much shot down their own credibility as far as Im concerned,and if I hadnt been a member of this site and kindof gotten a glimps of other aspects of the "vampire " realm,they would have done nothing more than to make me laugh at the whole idea.For alot of reasons.
The main one was the holier than thou attitude.

And D,isnt that the beauty of a forum? To lay things out on the table and disect them so we can hopefully answer our own questions?

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
19:10:05 Nov 14 2008
Read 11,768 times

Once again with me, it is what is not said that attends my curious inquiries, Don, speaks on his behalf. He made an effort to present his views, and the show obviously found him able to fill the basic requirements. Rather then just repeat over, and over again, "We/I am not understood, people pick on me for what I identify as.

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
20:30:34 Nov 14 2008
Read 11,762 times

Right Dab,because that doesnt get anyone anywhere,except out the door or on welfare.The whole "Woe is me,everbodies pickin on me" Scpeil is an old,done to death card...everyone gets picked on if their views or lifestyle is not the normal window.Hell,some just get picked on period.So what.And using it only serves to alienate peeps and show them that the one who is boohooing has no other excuse to fall back on or has anything to substaceate their claims.I could go on about it,but Im not gonna.
He got his point across,regardless of how anyone feels about it.And he got some info out,even though everyone,including myself might not completely agree.
He got that far because he knows how to act..or learned to.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
22:14:22 Nov 14 2008
Read 11,735 times

So he gets points for showmanship. To that I agree, he made an audience cringe and then let them get comfortable, he really broke away from the " I am spooky." which took a twist on expectations of the producers I am sure.

•  REPLY  •

LovelyXDEATH35
LovelyXDEATH35
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
22:29:38 Nov 14 2008
Read 11,729 times

i do not like the fact that they refered to the red headed lady as the queen when she said that she did not assossciate herself with other vampyres

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
22:45:19 Nov 14 2008
Read 11,723 times

The only thing more up standing then her, was the stick inner arse. She was a shill as far ask could tell, plugging the next top model.. ??!

•  REPLY  •

Oceanne
Oceanne
Noble Sire (160)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
23:00:22 Nov 14 2008
Read 11,714 times

She was indeed awful.Arrogant and annoying as hell.To be honest,I actually felt embarrassed that she would even be considered any type of advocate or spokesman for Vampires,much less any "Queen".

•  REPLY  •

myonlydarkangel
myonlydarkangel
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
15:31:57 Nov 15 2008
Read 11,687 times

I have to agree with most of you. she acted and i do put the emphases on acted, childish. I didn't know ratings where so bad for her. Whats in hollywood is never real or serious. It's to get people to watch not believe.

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (117)
Honor: 143
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
17:54:41 Nov 15 2008
Read 11,680 times

EGO>>EGO. The "character" in the Tyra show is looking for a ticket into the entertaiment industry and the best way to do it is by going into national TV. Yes, was a good show, but, is just pure entertaiment. To be a Vampire, in a society that is so complex, is not a good idea. Vampirism is better to keep it private.

•  REPLY  •

Kyriele
Kyriele
Sire (104)
[ Give / Take ]
20:09:30 Nov 15 2008
Read 11,667 times

Actually, Sarah Lester and Don Henrie are really close "friends". They are a constant together thing at deviantART.com and vampiredon.net. She is always speaking to the Don "fans" on behalf of him. I'm surprised that this was mentioned during the interview on Tyra. This wasn't as random as it may have looked.

•  REPLY  •

LovelyXDEATH35
LovelyXDEATH35
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
02:18:24 Nov 16 2008
Read 11,648 times

yes well i do not know what kind of ratings trya gets but i am sure they are not as good as they once were first off she is one a network that is losing its popularity, second i believe her show comes on around mid day which is many people are working or later at night when many are going to bed (but this is from a little while back so i don't know if those times have changed) so be thankful this wasn't Opra or even the View but i wouldn't say its beyond them to do something like this... what i fear is that tyra may has set the base for this kind television... what we as a community should anticipate is next years halloween because one show has done it now another show is wanting to top it

•  REPLY  •

cryingmoon
cryingmoon

No Longer Registered
03:25:49 Nov 16 2008
Read 11,639 times

from watching all the clips Emperor Donald was well eduacted and was not arogrant, and did not feed into the tv stero type of what a vampire, yes his teeth were done and he was in black, but many normal people do enjoy wearing all black

now the second woman i think is more of a pompas ediot, she triped over her own words and really made no sense

the thrid woman, she was slightly instreasting, but sadly she is a type and her spertiual son who gives the vampire comunity a bad name with some things they do, i do appolade that she has takes class on things she does, because safety is a very big sissue in anything, and that she is sanitry with what she does, but i dont get she says she has to keep this provate butyet goes on tv and and shares her life , dosnt that kind of defet the purpose

•  REPLY  •

lavisbre
lavisbre
Savant (82)
[ Give / Take ]
House Eternal is a member of an Alliance

Member of House Eternal
03:29:17 Nov 16 2008
Read 11,638 times

Slightly odd she didn’t know what a mango was … still .
Good to see someone taking a step forward.
I think we will see a lot more go on as tv realizes there is an audience and that means money … and it is growing.
Personally im quite glad to be alive to witness it’s growth, lets face it 10 years ago we were reading sketchy zeens. And frightened to live out our calling, condemned to running M&S nights … hoping to find someone who you can feed off and live… life as you know it….

So yeh it’s good to see them move forward very avant-garde indeed.

•  REPLY  •

BarefootMisfit
BarefootMisfit
High Sire (155)
[ Give / Take ]
16:03:16 Nov 17 2008
Read 11,594 times

Ok I watched the shows and I feel that its just another nut trying to make a name for himself ,and to have his face put on tv

•  REPLY  •

CarolineMarie
CarolineMarie
Shadow (10)
[ Give / Take ]
16:50:08 Nov 17 2008
Read 11,586 times

Greetings everyone, this is my first time being allowed to post and I am a little nervous.

I just wanted to add that the first 'real' vampire that I had ever seen as a talk show guest was back on Halloween day of 1990 when Oprah Winfrey had Vlad, the lead singer from 'Vlad and the Dark Theatre' as her guest. Oprah acted at least as childish and wide-eyed and comically terrified of Vlad as Tyra did with Vampire Don. Perhaps someone with more computer and archieve savvy then I possess might be able to dig up a feed from that long ago show and post it here? I think it would be interesting for everyone to watch it and be able to make comparisons and critiques.

Don was indeed the same vampire from Mad, Mad House which I followed closely and thought was interesting reality television. (They threw together a vampire, a witch, a voodun priestess, a sort of carnival performer S&M kind of guy, and a naturist, added some 'normals' and filmed the fun.) I have to say that I thought Don looked amazing, very much the part of what the general public expects a vampire aristocrat to look like. If he indeed was free of make-up, as he said he was, then his complexion is magnificent, and is set off very well by his head of thick, long, healthy black hair.

I would watch other interviews if Don gets more talk show gigs. But I will not call him my King. As others have already said, in order to not embarrass the vampire community, Don ought to have been the single guest for the day. The females were pathetic and made me cringe.......

•  REPLY  •

MindxBender
MindxBender
Premiere Sire (123)
[ Give / Take ]
23:23:29 Nov 17 2008
Read 11,562 times

I think that Don deserves another talk show host.

•  REPLY  •

Gothlibra25
Gothlibra25

No Longer Registered
16:19:15 Nov 18 2008
Read 11,513 times

Very interesting. It is accurate on Sarah & Don been saying about our vampire community. On the other hand, The woman I haven't gotten her name with her so-called spiritual son are sorry to say.. fake...That is my personal thought on this, I just want to share to you to the community.. I am being Honest. Blessed Be...

•  REPLY  •

cryingmoon
cryingmoon

No Longer Registered
19:33:24 Nov 18 2008
Read 11,503 times

the thing i noticed is the woman with the son deal, the stuff they were doing has more to do with role playing in the bdsm life style ,

with the cutting the way she did and the fire, i think she got some thing mixed up

•  REPLY  •

LordoftheRings
LordoftheRings

No Longer Registered
19:49:02 Nov 18 2008
Read 11,501 times

The public like to gawp at things they think are "different" or to put it more abruptly "weird".

I deal a lot with the media in publicising our work and I generally steer clear of the mass media i.e. Television. Public service radio and local interest media, as well as specialist publications in related fields are my spheres of choice.

I would never advise going on the TV, without due diligence. Not if you care about what you are talking about.

•  REPLY  •

Artume
Artume
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The Coven of Purgatory
09:44:54 Nov 21 2008
Read 11,457 times

Ave to all,

I will not go into explanation on my response to this thread until I make certain things abundantly clear to the viewers as well as contributers to this thread.

I, as well as several others...Some face, some unknown throughout the vampire community were called by several other individuals within the media to go though the interview process to be put on the show.

I was contacted by Konstantinos of whom is a good friend of mine. I asked him if he were going to be on the show, his answer was quite reluctant to say the least.

It was supposed to be a couple of well known individuals, such as Don Henrie, Konstantinos, the cast of the HBO series: Trueblood, as well as a couple of representatives of various cities throughout the nation. This is where Kosta asked me if I were willing to be interviewed for the show. As you can see, I declined.

Anywho, Don Henrie I will not say anything about, I will leave the politics out of it at this point. But, I will say I do admire his courage for being on the show, but again, this is Don we are discussing. He is obviously used to media attention after his scripting of Mad Mad House.

He is very well known throughout the vampire community specifically within the Las Vegas area as well as within Todd's group within the New York area. Again, I will not discuss the politics at this point.

Even though we are all aware that the presence of any sort of media will instigate a bit of "ridicule" or a notion thereof to be put upon an individual of their choosing for the purpose of if you would say..."patronizing", or "condescending" behavior to keep the fear of the unknown at bay...A joke or two to say the least, a quip or banter, making fun of an individual by certain words or in this case a title given by whom ever of "King" or "Emporer". Even if it is out of pure fun and games and is not designated as an actual title itself.

At times, some within the vampire community do shed light on certain topics associated with the community, but many questions remain unanswered by those of us within the community for the reason being...The media never asks the right questions, or phrases them the wrong way.

There are no set leaders within the community, merely Ambassadors, and representatives. There are community leaders yes, but not for the purpose of respect, media privilages if you could call them such. But those of whom have certain standing within the community for basically stepping up to the plate and getting certain things done...Those of whom have the initiate to do the right thing when it is called for.

I will say where I stand within the vampire community openly. I am a representative for the New Orleans Vampire Community and I say it proudly. I am founder of House Solaris for the city of New Orleans Vampire Council. Though we have several other Houses with representatives for each. As well as the Council being a round table...Therefore no one is above any other as we are all equal.

I am authorized by the Council to disclose certain facts pertaining to the community from the New Orleans perspective, as well as the community at large. But I still represent myself since my views are my own, whether or not they are respected, they are still appreciated. This being said, Don's opinions, or views pertaining to the community even if they are not respected, they should at least be appreciated nonetheless.

With regards

~Soulshroude M.M.~
Founder of House Solaris
Representative for the New Orleans Vampire Community

•  REPLY  •

lordxofxwar
lordxofxwar
Premiere Sire (123)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of Caomhnõir-an-Eolas
16:14:14 Nov 25 2008
Read 11,426 times

I had to make myself watch that.... Emperor Don, well the title is absolutely ridiculous and I don't see how he thought he would be taken seriously by going with that name. He would have been better off with his real name. He did seem to try and be serious and put out information, but was made fun of to his face by Tyra......... As for the other three.... I got nausea's listening to them talk. Over all if I had to rate the show something even though you aren't asking that I would rate it a two out of 10. Stereo type posers talking out of their ..... well you know... for the most part.

•  REPLY  •

syra
syra
Ethereal Being (31)
[ Give / Take ]

19:37:33 Nov 25 2008
Read 11,402 times

I have to start off by saying that I almost didn't watch it, because I knew Tyra as she does with most things would infact make a mockery out of it and she did. I agree with those who said she acted very childish through the whole show.
Don was the only one I was able to take seriously at all.
Sarah was too full of herself, and as for her "mind reading" its nothing more than being able to read people, which anyone can do with a little practice. Of course the gay guy was thinking about her clothes.
Vampyra was just - I don't think I can be polite here and several terms come to mind poser being the nicest I can think of. From what was shown of her I believe its more of a fetish. She's a sadist who likes blood play. I didn't get to watch all of the last guy, but I don't think I need to to be able to know he lacks credability also.

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by TheRat on Aug 30 2010  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.7904 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X