Pathofthewerewolf
Changeling (71)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 6 years.
09:32:27 Mar 22 2018
Read 462 times

I received a request from someone for some more introductory level post about things, if you see this and it turns out this is not what you meant let me know or if some of you want to see more of this let me know as well.

Here I am going to post some common, easily obtainable tools used in magic for herbalism and will later get into more specifics about their uses and preparation to use them for magic along with other paths followed within magic.

Now before we begin listing the tools a definition of herbalism is in order. Typically herbalism is defined as using plants for medicinal or therapeutic use as a quick google search will show you but we are not here for the typical reason now are we? Thought not. Magical herbalism is very similar of a definition but it is the use of plants for the purpose of using the natural energy and vibrations of said plant to amplify or direct your spellwork. Now if your still with me and I haven't put you to sleep onto the tools used in this craft.

Magic knife, no not an athame I will get to the differences in uses later if interest is shown. The magic knife should be a standard steel knife with a wooden handle. I prefer full tang but that's personal preference really. I'm going to add a quick reminder here, when buying tools for any kind of magic don't haggle over the price, I'm not sure where that started to be honest but it's what I was taught and I feel like it puts a number value on your spellwork. If anyone knows the origin of that feel free to post it and I'll add it to my notes.

Candles, I'm sure we all saw that coming from a mile away. Pink (not kidding), purple, brown, black, white, red, green, and yellow ones to be specific and a healthy supply of them.

Dip pen such as a quill pen and ink (red, black, and green), these can be found at most occult shops.

Sewing needles and pins (ow) and supplies of natural fabric and colored thread such as yarn, actual thread, and cheesecloth.

Eye dropper, available at most stores that sell medicine.

Spring water, bottled works if ya want

Mortar and pestle, find these in kitchen supply stores or thrift stores sometimes.

A source of flame, I truly hope that's self explanatory but to be clear even a portable camping stove will be fine for things that require a larger flame than a lighter or match will provide you don't need a bonfire.

Nonmetallic heat resistant pot preferably over two quarts but never under.

Sea salt

Pure virgin olive oil, yes I'm serious.

A censer, this one had me baffled at first when I heard it the first time but its essentially an incense burner but the standard variety will not work although a small dish with some sand will work if you can not find one at an occult shop.

Charcoal blocks, the incense variety not the grill variety.

And of course the herbs themselves, lots and lots of herbs.

Now while learning all of this the textbook I used was Magickal Herbalism by Scott Cunningham so all of this information can be seen there but perhaps you make use of a tool not mentioned or want to see more? If so post below and tell me and if there is interest I will move along within this thread to the use of, and preparation of the tools and maybe more.

•  REPLY  •

Vampirewitch39
Vampirewitch39
Royal Sire (203)
Honor: 74,335
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
23:45:14 Apr 26 2018
Read 436 times

Journal item. No discussion.

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by Vampirewitch39 on Apr 26 2018  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.0575 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X