Suicide.org - Suicide Prevention, Awareness, and Support!
Sucide is never the way
05:24:40 - Jun 12 2012
Times Read: 10
THIS ARTICLE IS COPY WRITE PROTECTED TO marybloodymary YOU MUST ASK HER PERMISSION IF YOU WANT OT COPY IT AND USE IT AND GIVE HER FULL CREDIT FOR HER WORK THANK YOU .
When you feel the world is about to end
And you have nothing to do but surrender :
trust me, suicide is not the way
it is not a game to play
there is no problem that cannot be solved
all you have to do is get a little more involved
think about your friends , what about your family?
do you want to see them spend the rest of their life so unhappily ?
don't always think about dying
even worse if you are trying
believe me suicide is not the way
no matter what you tell your self everyday.
don't push you problems away
because you are going to have to face them one fine day
running away won't solve anything
but putting on a face might change everything
hurdles and obstacles will obviously come
in face, that's what life is made from
face it deceive it kill it
anything other than actually dying
death will come for us all someday
by that time we will be matured enough obey
please listen to me when i say
suicide is never the way
I AM ALWAYS WITH YOU - AUTHOR UNKNOWN
WHEN I AM GONE, RELEASE ME , LET ME GO.
I HAVE SO MANY THINGS TO SEE AND DO,
YOU MUSTN'T TIE YOURSELF TO ME WITH TOO MANY TEARS,
BUT BE THANKFUL THAT WE HAD SO MANY GOOD YEARS.
I GAVE YOU MY LOVE AND YOU CAN ONLY GUESS-
HOW MUCH YOU HAVE GIVEN ME IN HAPPINESS.
I THANK YOU FOR THE LOVE YOU HAVE SHOWN,
BUT NOW IT'S TIME I TRAVELED ON ALONE.
SO GRIEVE FOR ME AWHILE, IF GRIEVE YOU MUST,
THEN LET YOUR GRIEF BE COMFORTED BY TRUST.
THAT IT'S ONLY FOR AWHILE THAT WE MUST BE APART
SO TREASURE THE MEMORIES WITHIN YOUR HEART.
I WON'T BE FAR AWAY FOR LIFE GOES ON.
AND IF YOU NEED ME, CALL ME AND I WILL COME.
THOUGH YOU CAN'T SEE OR TOUCH ME , I WILL BE NEAR,
AND IF YOU LISTEN WITH YOUR HEART YOU'LL HEAR,
ALL MY LOVE AROUND YOU SOFT AND CLEAR,
AND THEN WHEN YOU COME THIS WAY ALONE ,
I'LL GREET YOU WITH A SMILE AND A WELCOME HOME.
"SUICIDE is a PERMANENT solution to a TEMPORARY problem."
All too often we overlook the SIGNS and SYMPTOMS of those in TROUBLE.
A lot of us do not know the SIGNS OF DEPRESSION and just write it off as a phase when our buddies may really be in TROUBLE.
DEPRESSION is a very SERIOUS MENTAL instability that can take hold in ANYONE.
You need to know what to look for in order to help but you also need to know your buddy, inside and out, in order to notice that something is wrong.
Things you can look for to tip you off:
1. Giving away personal possessions. *This is a big tip off especially if your buddy is a very materialistic person.*
2. Not bathing or looking disheveled. *A lot of times, depressed people don't see the point in keeping up with their appearances so they won't.*
3. Sleeping all the time or not sleeping at all. *Sleeping is a coping mechanism, albeit a poor one, but it's the only way they think they can escape their problems. They may also go through bouts of insomnia because they can't stop thinking about their problems.*
4. Being late for work or appointments, performances start slipping. *Depression doesn't just affect the mind. It affects everything the person does.*
5. Talking about harming oneself or other people. *If your buddy was once the sweet and innocent good girl/boy and he/she starts talking "crazy talk", ask them about it.*
If you notice that your buddy is acting too differently, moping around, isolating him/herself, get help and fast. There are three things you need to do in order to help out your buddy and possibly prevent a suicide from happening. A way to remember it is through the acronym ACE.
A- Ask your buddy straight out if he/she is planning to kill him/herself.
C- Care for your buddy. Listen to him/her. It helps more than you know.
E- Escort your buddy. Do NOT leave him/her alone. You need to get them to a therapist, chaplain, someone with experience quick.
Often times, the person wanting to commit suicide doesn't really want to die. They just want the pain to stop and they don't know how to deal with it in any other way.
Never leave your buddy alone in this state. They already think that no one loves them or cares so staying with them WILL make a difference.
Have them talk out their problems but don't condemn them for what they are thinking. Listen and offer an alternative solution for each problem. Try to help them think on a positive level. Make them smile. Laughter really is the best medicine.
Take your buddy to a doctor, someone who knows about this sort of thing. Your buddy may actually need medication to help deal with the stress.
Those that need medication normally have a chemical imbalance in their brains that prevent them from coping with stressful situations the way a normal functioning person would.
Sometimes, they just need therapy.
Whatever they need, make sure they get it.
As I've said before, depression doesn't just hurt the person. It affects everything they do and everyone around them. Be a good buddy and help prevent more suicides.
Again, Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
THIS ARTICLE IS COPY WRITE PROTECTED TO HESPERUS... HE WROTE THIS ARTICLE AND IF YOU WANT TO USE IT FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL REASONS YOU MUST GET HIS PERMISSION FIRST THANK YOU.
I battled with thoughts of suicide a great deal when I was younger. There were times when I just didn't know how to handle the pressures of being different and attacked for those differences. I felt completely alone and didn't know where to find others like myself.
Most of these feelings of being outcast while growing up originated from being discriminated against for my sexuality (I wasn't yet fully aware of my nature as a vampire yet) and always thought that if I could just find other gay people then, somehow, everything would be ok.
I finally escaped the mental asylum that was my high school and found other openly gay people and, naively, assumed that everyone's intentions in that community were as honorable as my own lol. I was fairly quickly disillusioned and found that, ultimately, my feelings of low self-worth had to be dealt with on a personal level. No one was going to swoop in and magically make everything better for me. I had to do it for myself.
I tried to kill myself several times. I even succeeded once (I was resuscitated by EMTs). I continued to fight a proclivity towards depression for years. What finally made a real difference for me was finding a place in the vampire community. This community really lives up to the high standards up to which I once tried to hold the gay community.
Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that suicidal tendencies can come from not feeling like there's a place you really belong or feeling like you can't get to that place. So I'm very grateful for Vampire Rave and all of my friends and family here :)
SUICIDE RISK FACTORS
CERTAIN CONDITIONS AND SITUATIONS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH AN INCREASED RISK OF SUICIDE:THESES CAN INCLUDE
* death or terminal illness of a relative or friend
* divorce, separation or the breakup of a relationship
* loss of health (real or imaginary)
* loss of job, home, money, status, self-esteem or personal security
* alcohol or drug abuse
In addition, there are certain times when people may be more prone to suicidal feelings, such as:
* holidays and anniversaries
* the first week after discharge from a hospital
* when treatment with an antidepressant first begins
* just before and after diagnosis of a major illness
* just before and during disciplinary proceedings
Emotional and Behavioral Changes Associated With Suicide
Emotionally, the suicidal person may be feeling:
* overwhelming pain
* worthtlessness, shame, guilt or self-hatred
* fear of losing control and harming themselves or others
Behaviorally, the person may:
* appear sad, withdrawn, tired, apathetic, anxious, irritable, or prone to angry outbursts
* not be performing well in school, work, or other activities
* become socially isolated or fall in with the wrong crowd
* have declining interest in sex, friends, or activities previously enjoyed
* neglect personal welfare or let their appearance go
* experience a change in eating or sleeping habits
Suicide Warning Signs
Suicide warning signs which you should be aware of include:
* previous suicide attempts
* preoccupation with death
* statments like, "you would be better off without me" or "I wish I were dead"
* talking openly about wanting to kill oneself
* development of a suicide plan, acquiring the means to carry it out, "rehearsal" behavior, setting a time for the attempt
* self-inflicted injuries, such as cuts, burns, or head banging
* engaging in risky behavior such as driving recklessly, using drugs or having unprotected sex
* making out a will or giving away favorite possessions
* inappropriately saying goodbye
* making ambiguous statements like, "you won't have to worry about me anymore", "I wish I could go to sleep and never wake up" or "I just can't take it anymore"
* suddenly switching from being very depressed to being very happy or calm for no apparent reason
If You See Any of These Warning Signs
If you observe any of these warning signs in your loved one, encourage them to seek help from a mental health professional. If they refuse, be persistent. If they appear to be in immediate danger of hurting themselves, do not leave them alone. Remove any possible means that they can use to hurt themselves, and get them to an emergency room as soon as possible.
A Warning About Warning Signs
While most people who attempt suicide do show some sort of warning signs, there are also those people who, because of social stigma or a desire to not appear weak, will successfully hide what they are feeling. If you fail to recognize that your loved one is considering suicide, do not blame yourself. You did the best you could with the information you had.
Venerable Sire (136)
Wolfie's Bunny♥Master's Kitten♥I love my big, bad Wolf :3
03:50 - October 22 2021
01:55 - October 22 2021
Proud Acm of The Coven of Hellhounds and AMM To the Unknown Kindred
19:04 - October 21 2021
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
Vampire Rave is a member of
Page generated in 0.1002 seconds.