Hey Friend, Stranger, or Passerby,
I'm not dark, mysterious, or here to convey the wrong message. Start off as a fake to garner intrigue, lead someone on, or provide them a false image.
Now that's taken care of. I'm an Army Combat Veteran. I've been to both Afghanistan and Iraq. I've buried friends and have had my own troubles to put it lightly since separation. I only talk to about with a select few people so don't ask me. Especially if you haven't served. I will give you the "look" of death. Then say out loud "That's that shit." Finally walking away.
Tips Talking to Veterans (Mostly combat ones):
1. Please do not say "Thank you for your service." Unless you've served. It's meaningless. I get it most people don't know what to say other than that when it's brought up. America
is also making up for how poor Vietnam veterans were treated when they returned as well. It just has no dynamic affect at all.
2. Don't talk about "I wanted to serve but couldn't for this or that reason. You couldn't serve. No veteran needs the backstory. Most of us don't care. If it was for a health reason that's fine. I wish you better health. I say this with the upmost respect.
3. If you hear a Veteran sucking in compliments, they didn't do shit. I can't tell you how many veterans I've come across who were black ops couldn't talk about it because they would have to kill you types. Most of those types don't bring up their service at all. Usually because it's classified. They can't talk about it anyway. I personally know some of them. Again, not all veterans. When I respond back with "I'm combat veteran of two countries." They just walk away its the proof in the pudding.
4. Don't EVER pretend you served if you didn't. We can smell a fake it because they couldn't make it a mile away. We WILL call you out instantly, loudly, in front of EVERYONE. Yes, I'm bringing this up because I've seen that as well. It is the ultimate offensive gesture. The only one that is worse is hearing a Veteran hyping up their service.
That's all. Thank for reading my tips.
Everyone here is AWESOME in my book. As you all have contributed to your respective countries in some manner and we all are special because everyone brings value to another person’s life even if they don't know it. I love having in depth conversations. So, feel free to entertain me as I will return the favor.
Please do not try to flirt/date me as that will result in an immediate block. I understand that 99% of you are happily taken or happily single, but there is always that 1% that's up to no good so this goes out to them.
If anybody wants to help or has a improve. Please feel free to enlighten me. There is always someone who knows just a smidge more in any area of life that can provide wisdom, and knowledge for another person. I LOVE messaging, interacting, talking, and understanding other mindsets in life even if ours don't mesh. Understand I do expect a level of respect even in difference though.
So hit me up. I'll chat with anybody regarding about anything out there.
Finally, I'm here to talk, assist, and have fun with anyone that wishes to do the same. I don't bite, but I do bark sometimes so people know I'm around. (Unless someone attempts to hurt my family. Then I will use all my training to hunt said person to the ends of the earth.)
My nickname is Ghost, but others call me Jon for short.
These are some basic likes for conversation starters. It's not all encompassing. It's all I feel like typing up. Most people don't have a long attention span thanks to the "Shiny" nature distracting them. Americans are we need it now most of the time.
1. My job
2. My Two Sons
3. My vehicle
4. People who will not entertain thoughts outside their mindset.
5. Paperwork. There is so much of it now a days.
2. people who think they know it all
All of you have a solid day !!
|Member Since:||May 22, 2022|
|Last Login:||Jul 21, 2023|
|World Visitor Map|