No Longer Registered
10. Dancing under the stars on our first night, then taking over the White Heat club
9. Cave Tubing in Belize.
8. Heading upstairs for after-hours pizza with the late night crowd, just like a real club!
7. The reactions from the "normies" on board, and watching how they grew to embrace our great group by the end of the trip.
6. The Concert! Ronan was definitely sincere when he proclaimed it his favorite live show ever.
4. Getting a tour of some secret areas of the ship with Wee Jimmy, in the Wee small hours of the night.
3. Kael playing the piano for Ronan, and Ronan's closing night words.
2. Any time the words "open bar" were mentioned.
1. Seeing my girl all gussied up and doing her thing, and seeing how much everyone enjoyed it.
honorable mention: Wilson!
OK, post yours!
...oh and did I mention Heather-we will be getting married on a future cruise!!!
1. Every single time someone came up to me and said they were having a great time.
2. Ronan's closing words.
3. Ronans closing words at the Concert.
4. Jons Oral violation at the Mexican bar.. that was just hysterical.
5. Hearing that a girl told patches his head reminded her of her pussy.
6. Our first deck party on the first night.
7. When Carnival asked us to return.
8. When the captian came to the concert, then requested a meeting with me, the band, VR, and Gothic Beauty. then he asked me to bring the group back..
9. Wee Jimmy on the dance floor in a kilt and "silver balls"
10. Ronan's first DJ session in the Ivory from 1am to 4am - which he then said he wanted to DJ next years.
I won't put these in definitive order....
10-Waving at the gothwatchers/muggles/norms
9- being drunk at 11am and having great conversations
9-knowing that Jimmy and the crew loved us.
8-meeting so many awesome people. goths can be a screwy lot, and I was impressed that 99.9% of you that I met, I felt like old friends
6-late night dancing
5-the masquerade ball...so cool!
4-the autograph session and concert. The entire VnV crew is so great. Nice people who drop the f-bomb are my favorite.
2-The fashion show, especially backstage. It was like being in theatre again for an hour :P.
1-Just being among great people, on vacation, and overall restoring my faith that at least some of humanity is not lost.....
Same as Skully no definitive order....
10. The first night deck party.... Made me already happy about next year.
9. The absolutely wondeful people we met. Feels like great friendships have begun.
8. the Dj... Steve no one could have done better.
7. THe late night club eveynight... that was the cherry on top.
6. the Concert... the best show I've ever seen from VNV
5. Weeeeeeee Jimmy!
4. My wifes happiness at hearing our wedding song "Further"
3. Doing Laundry with Ronin
2. THe after hour feeding frenzies at 4:30am
1. Ronin's last words at the last deck party.. "Mr. Brightside" indeed!
To everyone we met! Keep in touch!
No Longer Registered
In no order:
1) Meeting everyone and being in complete amazment at how friendly, caring, and socialable everyone was. That blew me away... made me really just love everyone as my closest friends.
2) The VNV Concert. Not having dancing room didn't make any difference at all. Beating on the dancefloor until our hands were bruised and the sheer loudness of the crowd despite being smaller made up for everything.
3) Ronin's words are always sincere.
4) Kael (Chael?) at the piano and the looks on everyone's faces.
5) The CLUBS!!! 1-4 AM. The music was pumping, and people were beautiful.
6) The pizza at 4:30-6am and hanging out with everyone. Especially with the Ukraine crew members... just WOW! I miss Elena already.... :P
7) As someone else mentioned... the muggles/norms/etc. They grew to enjoy us. That was awesome. I felt like minds were being opened every day and night.
8) Will get in trouble if I mention
9) Another Will get in trouble if I mention
10) Yet Another Will get in trouble if I mention... and I'm being serious... hahaha
i can't believe i only get 10....
Jon and his tequila oral demonstrations
WILSON and his travels
Being kissed by Ronan.
taking pics of the norm's
SPEADING THE INFECTION
the people we met...
did i mention wilson
dressing up and dancing with my wife
dancing with Keal
Being hunted down by Wee Jimmy
Difficult to limit it to only ten, but in no particular order, here goes:
1) Listening to Marc's enthusiasm and passion for event planning and his new mega-idea
2) Introducing Bruce to the seductive world of video slots; remember, those things aren't cash machines despite beginner's luck!
3) Deleting the link to work email off of my laptop entirely
4) No cell phone service for an entire week
5) Seeing everyone dress and dance in a multitude of styles, all under the Goth banner
6) Dinner laughs with the Pennsylvania crowd (as well as three entree meals)
7) Meeting the vastly talented and humble Kael
8) Spotting some cute bats while cave tubing
9) Taking over the hiphop disco and the confused expressions of those we expelled
10) Meeting so many wonderful people
In no particular order:
1. Me doing a massive back flip over the table during the fashion show when I thought I had the winning number...
2. Mel and I meeting so many fun and great folks after expecting to be isolated for not being "goth enough"
3. The Goth spa experience
4. Busting up my knee dancing during the 3rd song of the concert
5. Losing $100+ because we could not go on our excursion in Belize because of the blown knee
6. Dancing, dancing, and dancing some more. Dancing more in 2 days then I normally do in a year
7. Rocky Horror show as represented by the many corners of the USA
8. Having a smoke and the deck and hearing Ronan talk about how well the concert went and how pumped he was about the entire cruise.
9. Our lovely visitors who crashed our late night parties because they were curious and were enjoying themselves
10. Having Vera sign Mel's purse's boobies
Also in no particular order:
1) Filling up my 7/11 Big Gulp with the "red drink" during the 1 hour open bar sessions
2) Sitting on my balcony watching countries like cuba pass by with a beer in hand, midafternoon
3) The deck party on Day 1
4) Running into Ronin on a daily basis just like one of the tribe. (you could always find him at the bar too!)
5) Meeting Grant and Jayme
6) Meeting all you guys!!! Group Hug!!!!
7) Attending my first and greatest goth fashion show ever. Truly amazing!
8) discovering there was unlimited ice cream
9) Taking over the White Heat the first night
10) signing up for next year!!!!!!
No Longer Registered
1. Being amongst those who are sincere, will tell you the -truth- as opposed to what you want to hear.
2. The chance to meet other people with cohesive lifestyles, thoughts, quirks, twirks, and more. The "Family" element.
3. The honor of performing for and in front of said family members.
4. Dancing at the Captain's cocktail party. (No names......xD)
5. Socializing with amiable representatives of the 'goth' scene from all over the world (can't wait until next year)...
6. Being able to actually *know* other people, having had conversations with them, as opposed to just "know" people that one occasionally sees in a club setting. (Again, can't wait until next year)
7. Meeting people who are older than me, have the same ideals, are sound, and who give me hope and inspiration for the future.
8. The chance to change my life.
9. Every single one of the club nights, deck parties, concerts, DJing events, mini-parties, get togethers, pizza eatings, ...well...I think you get it.
10. Being away from ....--here--...
No Longer Registered
In no particular order:
1. having time to read my book and just chill on the lido deck.
2. The most personal/emotional VNV concert I ever been to.
3. Drinking wine at dinner and attacking our neighboring tables with the rubber chicken!
4. Dancing in the Ivory Lounge to the best music and piercing everyone's eardrums as Crystal and I squealed nonsense.
5. Dealing with my fear of heights, while ziplining in Belize
6. Overcoming my fear of the dark while cavetubing, and feeling so emotionally connected to the scenery and the history of the area. Cave Pee!!
7. The fashion show!!! Our table backstage completely covered in glasses full of liquid courage. Trying to lace up corsets as fast as we could( Thanks Heather and Chad) And yes, Skully, it was like being in drama again.
8. Watching Rocky Horror for the first time (Shhhh, don't tell) with the best group and at the best time.
9. Kayaking in the Ocean in Freeport, watching out for sharks.
10. Feeling like a part of the group, and meeting such a variety of people that are so accepting and supportive of eachother.
Hard to pick just ten!
10) Watching the positive change in the norns from the first night to the last.
9) Always being able to get something to eat and not having to cook it myself.
8) Dressing up and clubbing every night!
7) seeing my husband dressed up and looking good every night!!
6) open bar with strange unidentified and brightly colored drinks.
5) the Ball, everyone looked wonderful.
4) finally meeting Zaida in person. Luv u girl.
3) The concert. One truelly amazing experiance.
2) Relaxing on my balcony with a drink and a smoke.
1) meeting all you fabulous and crazy folks!! See you next year.
These aren't in any particular order, except #1.
10. Getting pre-salted for tequila body-shots on the tender boat ride to Belize
9. Ghost stories till 7am
8. Getting caught by Zaida dancing to 'Like a Prayer'. Tee-hee :)
7. Meeting a fortitude of like-minded people and making so many new friends.
6. Chaos theory
5. Watching the stars from the front of the ship on the last night
4. Kael playing the piano and Ronan singing along
3. Giving tequila shots out on the last night. (Sorry I missed you Industrialgirl - next year for sure!)
2. Taking over the disco on the first night.
1. 'Further' live. I think I dissolved during that song. I know I had tears streaming down my face & was gasping for air when it was over.
I'm so looking forward to next year!
Love to you all!
No Longer Registered
1. open bars! WOOT! (how many mins left to suck down as many blue drinks as fast as possible?!?!?) And along with that, ordering drinks by color.
2. Ze Germans!
3. Laying on the front of the ship watching the stars on the last night
4. One AMAZING F-ing concert. Best one out of the 13 or so VNV shows I have seen, and WILL probably ever see.
5. Meeting and talking to great people. Thanks to everyone that came up to me and started a conversation as I am too shy to approach people on my own. :( A HUGe thanks for the people that made me feel welcome during the zip/tube excursion since my roomate and I got seperated. And another thanks to wonderful group that coerced me into the water in freeport.
6. Seeing the crew of the boat dancing to our music at the club nights, and having crew come up and say that they loved our group.
7. Ronans heart felt words at the show, and on the last night lido deck party.
8. Being the only girl in my group not to puke all over the bed...or even to puke for that matter.
9. The look on Philip's face as Mr. Jackson held him in a headlock on the first night. And just the first night in general at the white hot disco.
10. Having everyone cheer as me and holly ran for the boat in Freeport, when we almost missed it. (ok, that wasn't a GOOD moment, but the embarassment will stick with me for the rest of my life)
#1 Meeting so many cool people. Zaida & John (I thought I got in trouble alot. lol) Tara & Patrick (Thanks for all the fun.) Shanon & Dan (We had a blast every day & you 2 are crazy fun.) Katie & Scott (Great times & conversations.) Crystal, Kael, Katie , Ryan , Chad & the other ladies in the fashion show. (What a experience & not to mention the behind the scenes changes were Hysterical.)Anthony(for keeping the cigars flowing.) Grace (for showing that she is a sweet mean woman.lol) DJ Stev & Spider(Great people you both are.) Ronan(Its true you are a great person & fun individual.) Shaun (for being a cool laid back guy and not laughing at me when I told you you look like Ferry Corsten). To everyone else who I forgot to mention. Including all the newbie Goths we converted on the cruise. Everyone I met were some of the best people I have met ever. All of you have a friend in Orlando so dont be strangers.
#2 Sharing a small cabin with my Baby Crystal. (Thanks for putting up with me even when I was hurting. XOXO)
#3 The Concert! ( It was my first VNV Nation concert but wont be my last. Mark & Ronan are great guys and a big thanks for the other members who filled in for VNV. The performance was awesome by all.)
#4 The first Deck Party. (all the great music DJ Stev spun and seeing the looks on the normals faces as they were watching or sheltering their children by us = Priceless.)
#5 The Pre & Post cruise partys. (meeting everyone & meeting DJ Stev & Spider for the first time.)
#6 The crazy bar in Cozumel, Mexico.( Watching John & Paul getting facialy abused by the tequila Referee.)
#7 Asking Ronan for pictures.( "But Im all sweaty!" in Cozumel but doing them anyways & "Hold on let me put on my headphones so I can look like a DJ." & for being such a fun person with a great attitude every time he was around.)
#8 The Masquerade Ball! (Everyone looked Awesome. I loved it & it made me feel like Trick or treating again).
#9 The Fashion show! (For being so original and giving everyone the opertunity to laugh& take blackmail photos of me in the skimpy Skirt. Seriously though it was a great time & thank God for Alcohol. lol).
#10 The Club nights! The music! (Thanks DJ Stev & DJ Ronan & everyone else who helped). Meeting people & seeing everyone allways dressing or undressing to perfection & then getting hammered & hitting the pizza place early in the mornings.
Like everyone else, it's hard to limit to just ten, and these are in no particular order (except number one):
10) The Frenzy song (if you were on the 2:30 snorkeling clusterfuck in Freeport, you know what I'm talking about...)
9) Pizza. I STILL have the urge to go to Lido.
8) The energy from the deck parties. You could feel the elation from each and every person there.
7) The look of pure bliss on Ronan's face, during every DJ session and at the concert. You could tell he was truly blown away.
6) The staff and crew of the ship and all they did for us to make us feel welcome. Only once did I encounter any staff member that was less than wonderful, and we were obviously stressing her out (she was taking drink orders at the masquerade's open bar).
5) "The new rule is, you must make out with the hanging towel animal if you want to go out on the balcony."
4) Okay, the open bars were just fun.
3) Zip-lining and cave tubing in Belize.
2) Everyone we met and kept company with.
1) Spending the best time ever on the cruise with the best woman ever, my wife. It was our honeymoon.
No Longer Registered
1. The Concert
2. The Ice Cream Scandal, and the 101 jokes that followed
3. Scuba Diving in Roatan
4. The Goth Spa Night (probably the only way to get make-up off a Goth!)
5. Rocky Horror & the After Party
6. Cave Tubing in Belize
7. The hot-tub parties after dinner and getting to know our fellow kooks
8. The Masquerade Ball
9. The last open bar afternoon (What did Dan do with those 30+ Melon Balls?)
10. Chocolate Melting Cake for dessert (but not as much as Ronan enjoyed his apparently...)
No Longer Registered
Hi everyone! It's Vera, the chick who gave away all those "Boobie Bags" (actual name: Dominatrix Bag) during the Fashion Show! It's hard to choose just 10 moments, but here I go, in no special order:
1. Goth Soup - AKA swimming around in the aft pool on the Lido Deck with super cool people. Best time was when Ronan jumped in with us. 2nd best was when Zaida scared away 4 children by yelling at them to stop splashing or she'd get security b/c their parents weren't there.
2. The VNV Nation concert.... even though I see them EVERY time they come to NY, and they always kick ass in concert, this show was by FAR the best I ever saw. In NY there are usually way more than 220 people but the noise level of all people on the cruise was equal to a packed NYC show. Ronan said: "the people on the deck above us can hear us" so we screamed LOUDER!
3. The Masquerade Ball - Ronan DJing, playing awesome music to dance to, beautiful masks and outfits, and free booze for an hour. What else could you want?
4. The Ivory bar after the Masquerade Ball... more dancing to DJ Ronan
5. The deck party on the last night - WOW, what a FUN night! Even more fun, all the "mundanes" watching us and taking photos of us. Again, with Ronan DJing and playing great music that we all were dancing to... he has so much charm, he really kept the crowd going.
6. The deck party on the first night- that was a great opportunity to meet some cool people and start off our week long non-stop PARTY!
7. When a kid asked Chris for a cigarette and ha said, "not for 14 year olds" and the kid said, "HEY! I'm 16!" I said, "well, you DO know that you have to be 18 to smoke, right?" Then Dan bounded over with his chin-braids and practically scared the pants off this kid... he cowered on the couch and switched booths all together.
8. Being asked by this old lady if we were part of a cult or if we are anti-Christ. Um, only on alternate Tuesdays...
9. The shore excursions- swimming with Dolphins in Cozumel, taking a city tour of Belize and hearing all about how they beat their children and then seeing the Altun Hun Myan ruins, shopping in Roatan, and Jet Skiing in Freeport.
10. Meeting the coolest, most intelligent and fun people. I have never had so much fun with a bunch of total strangers that I can now call my friends. Thanks guys ;-) Hope to see you all again on the 2008 cruise... we're going to *try* very hard to make it!
02. Drinking with VNV
03. Drinking with VNV during the show
04. All the cool people I met
05. Chilli Bombers
06. The Bank of Camel Club Casino (BJ rules)
07. Free Chateaubriand
08. Riding scooters in Honduras
09. Open bar
10. Dolphin show on the beach in Freeport
No Longer Registered
I cant put them in order... but i can list them as they spring to mind.
10.) The Concert! I cant believe we didnt sink the ship with all the jumping and banging.
9.) Getting Proposed to on stage while the concert was still going! I could have died but I couldnt have been more happy.
8.) All the wonderful and amazing people I met. I love all You guys! ((i sound like a beer commerical)
7.) The weird little towel animals!
6.) The night the small ship boarded us. About half the ship was hanging over the side trying to figure out if they were cheap pirates, or if they needed a cup of sugar.
5.) Rocky Horror Picture Show!
4.) Being able to see my new fiancee getting dresssed up for the first time.
3.) The bottles of wine at dinner, also I guess open bar can still fall into this catagory. Its always nice to see who you can out drink.
2.) Winning the little goodie bag from Vera the night of the fashion show.
1.) Fighting with the beds and trying not to fall in the middle and crash onto the floor after playing in the rooms.
No Longer Registered
Can't possibly put these in order:
1) Costumes costumes costumes!
2) The fashion show, for the gorgeous dresses, watching Bob do his flip off the couches, Bruce flipping all around his couch when his ladylove won the free cruise, and Scott for flipping his skirt up for all to see (except me, waa!).
3) RHPS, where I hope I freaked out a few normies with my callbacks. Had no idea there would even be a "language policy" to rescind until Z came by to tell us. Too late!
4) I want that copy of the funny group portrait! We have the "straight" one scanned and ready to send.
5) Seeing a couple of dozen goths with *no makeup* on because we were at the spa in the middle of the night.
6) Roatan. Whoa.
7) Also also Belize, whoa.
8) The concert. I have never had the privilege of being at a VNV concert before, but that was certainly the most *intense* concert I've ever been at. The love and energy going between us and the band was *visual*. Swear it.
9) The food.
10) Definitely the most important: the people! I also thought Scott and I would feel a mite out of place, as most of the Austin goths are 21-26. Sweet to see that the underlying values know no age limitations. I'd give off a roll call, but I suck at names! Besides, you *all* rocked!
Tam (with a 'y')
In no particular order:
1) Starbucks in the hotel the morning before we set sail w/ Ronan and friends :D
2) Meeting Tami + Chris while online to board the ship and finding out they're from Chicago therefore meaning we'd have friends there while we were in town for our gig - yay! Pretty much all the amazing people we met in general - you all rule!
3) Taking over the White Heat Disco club - fuck yes!
4)The official crowning of Marc's alter-ego - Xerxes
oh wtf! lol
ok here's the rest
5) Sitting on Marc's shoulders during Beloved at the concert
6) Getting comped on a VNV tank top *blushes*
7) Shooting the shit w/ Ronan at the bar after the concert
8) Aerial zipline curing my tequila hangover the morning after the concert - unBELIZEable!
9) Normies gawking at us through the window during the Masquerade Ball
10) Experiencing the most amazing vacation ever w/ the love of my life - mwa!
*Daily cocktail specials and the hot tub becoming a regular part of life's routine. Gawd I miss that!
*The option of the Ivory Club every night!
*And of course - the final deck party as sad as I was to see everything come to an end :(
AND the dolphin kiss
Last one I SWEAR ;p
Definitly no particular order here because everything added equally to what was the greatest week of life!
1) Taking ova the White Heat Disco!! That was powerful!!
2) The deck parties on the first and last night. The normies looking down on us from the upper deck was classic. Ronan’s speech, at the deck party on the final night got me pretty emotional. I was so happy! “I’m Mr. Brightside”!!
3) Talking and having a drink with Ronan at the Lido deck bar right after the concert! We were on such an emotional high and Ronan was right there with us!
4) The Concert!!! With out a doubt the best VNV Nation concert I’ve ever experienced!! Had my lovely girlfriend on my shoulders during Beloved!
5) The Autograph session! Nothing like open bar, autographs, pictures and being dubbed “Xerxes God King of Persia” by none other than Ronan Harris! Classic!
6) Aerial Zip-line and Cave Tubing in Belize!! Despite a serious Tequila hang over, it was an amazing time! As soon as I hit the Zip-line my hang over was gone and I was having a blast! The food they gave us at the end was awesome to! Some of the best rice and beans I ever had! Belize it or not!!
7) The Ivory Club! You just can’t beat having our own late nite club. Especially when Ronan is your DJ! This was one of the most pleasant surprises of the trip. I think it was the night of the Masquerade Ball, we had that club going strong till almost 4am I think. Ronan just wouldn’t stop playing! Then we all went up to the deck for pizza! What a great nite!
8) The Masquerade ball! Everyone looked amazing! The normies were taking pictures of us through the glass, so we started taking pictures right back haha!!
9) Spending 7 days and 7 nights in paradise with my lovely girlfriend Mama C! A basket full of Kisses!!
10) Meeting so many interesting, intelligent and genuinely wonderful people. I love each and every one of you! It really felt like being part of a huge family! Thank all of you so much for sharing in this experience with me!
Im really glad that everyone had a great and amazing time.
Were trying to do the same for the next year..so hang on to your bippies!
Read through this list of top 10 memories.
Close your eyes. Try to reconnect with those memories. Can you feel them, taste them, touch them, and most of all, hear them? Can you remember the incredible time we all had on the Goth Cruise 2007?
It was 6 months ago today that we were all getting on the boat as almost complete strangers. Can you believe it?!
I can't wait to see you all again in October this year, and meet all the new friends!
and wait til ya see some of the new recruits.....;)
That open bar will recieve some damage
So sounds like ten tons of fun! hope i'll be able to participate sooner than later.
meeting people and making new life long friends are the best memories for me for the cruises.
|World Visitor Map|