General Discussion
•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

kyriaragnar33
kyriaragnar33
Firebrand (79)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
The Cry of the Banshee (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Cry of the Banshee (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 7 years.
15:58:20 Jun 11 2018
Read 551 times

So I’ve currently been working on a few things lately, one is about human combustion. This has been going on for quite a long time now yet none can explain how it occurs. it’s also been said that this is not only a myth, but some believe it to be a scientific fact. so what is your take?

•  REPLY  •

Amalga9
Amalga9
Exasperater (20)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
02:55:24 Jun 21 2018
Read 534 times

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_human_combustion

I read the above in prep for your question. It has information on the subject you may find useful and can be downloaded from the site as a PDF.

I think that human diet has a greater part to play than most might think. I also think that people with certain genetics are also predisposed to the condition.

If there is truly no external source of fire, then I propose that SHC results from a combination of: genetics, diet, lifestyle, and environment.

I think about the subject from time to time because of my spouse. My spouse meets many of the listed commonalities of victims of SHC and on occasion my spouse will wake in the morning to find random, unexplainable burnmarks upon xyrs skin. It is disturbing. They are usually on the stomach area and are usually quite big. I have also found that my spouse naturally gives of tremendous amounts of heat in general. I would not at all be surprised if SHC is how my spouse dies.

•  REPLY  •

Achlys
Achlys
Grave Robber (22)
[ Give / Take ]
Gothic Blood (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Gothic Blood (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 9 years.
01:31:32 Jun 22 2018
Read 531 times

I honestly find it hard to believe that a creature that's like 80% water could combust at regular temperatures. It takes a very high temperature to cremate a body, so I don't know.
I guess it could be possible, but I'm curious as to the conditions that would cause it.

•  REPLY  •

kyriaragnar33
kyriaragnar33
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]
The Cry of the Banshee (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Cry of the Banshee (Coven)
17:59:53 Jun 23 2018
Read 525 times

Well achlys there’s some scientific reasons why. like they say that the person is usually alone and has a type of depression. (That’s not exactly true for every person who has experienced this though). While some others have a theory that it could have started by a cigarette or something similar. however they can not figure out that with those kind of extreme heat exposures. to actually disintegrate the body until their is literally almost nothing left of the body or even the bone. not only that but to be honest cremation does even have that effect. Also the other factor is that if it were an actual fire. in most cases it wouldn’t just burn the body, but the whole house would be aflames and not go out like in this case. So as much as I like logical reasoning behind things this has given me more than I can handle. I also wanted to thank you amalga for the link it’s very helpful for more of a explanation for this discussion.

•  REPLY  •

Tantras
Tantras
Unregenerate (63)
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
Vampire Rave member for 5 years.
19:29:30 Jun 26 2018
Read 518 times

I honestly don't know enough about the subject to hazard a guess. However the article on wikipedia was enlightening:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_human_combustion

Would a human or vampire suddenly combust in sunlight? I think not. It is an intriguing thought nonetheless.

•  REPLY  •

thecrucible
thecrucible
Termagant (58)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 5 years.
22:39:45 Nov 29 2018
Read 467 times

Combustion, as far as I know, is common for any given person or existence. I think it may be heightened in vampires because of their advancement... from my understanding it’s a natural occurance in a sense... What causes it is not so different from the science of the sun, or the random and temporary activity of a volcano. In the past, I’ve been able to avoid combustion by keeping an alert mind, and similar meditative practices. Usually it’s turned on or off by something, and be fixed pretty quickly...

•  REPLY  •

06:51:42 Jan 30 2019
Read 423 times

I think most cases are just an unknown cause but some could be super natural some how. Perhaps the person lost stability of energy from within.

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by TheRat on May 04 2023  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.1155 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X