FacelessUnknown
Phantasm (48)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The Coven of Purgatory
Vampire Rave member for 15 years.
18:02:39 Feb 10 2009
Read 1,441 times

1) How long can you last without a dose of Blood/Energy?

2) If you dont get either, will you die? If so, How long would if take for you to die?

3) Would it be difficult to feed from someone if they are not willing to be a donor?

4) Can your teeth pierce skin with relative ease (Without having to clamp down your jaw)

5) What specificly makes you a "Vampire"?

Note: I believe this will lend some vital information to the people who browse the forum so i plead with you to give this thread a chance :)

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
23:53:13 Feb 10 2009
Read 1,422 times

Answers as follow:

1) We all need both blood and energy to live... though NONE have a physiological need to drink blood to get it, regardless what a few here might claim. We all need blood flowing through our veins and energy upon which life depends. However, both of these are almost exclusively derived from the food and water we consume... again, regardless what a few here might otherwise claim.

2) -- see Answer to 1) --

3) I don't "feed" off anyone for blood or energy for the reasons given in Answer to 1)

4) No

5) I possess by heredity the singularly unique trait for which the actual vampires of Slavic history were specifically claimed to possess. Of course, to know what that is one would have to have actually studied the historical accounts, which almost none here have.

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

LordWolf
LordWolf
Charmer (84)
Honor: 6
[ Give / Take ]
House Eternal is a member of an Alliance

Member of House Eternal
02:21:25 Feb 11 2009
Read 1,412 times

Wraith (13)

Question for Sang/Psy "Vampires"
Posted: 13:02:39 - Feb 10 2009
Well, lets see here....

1) How long can you last without a dose of
Blood/Energy?

i can use both sang and psy to refuel, but the blood is soooo much stronger and useful to me. i can go indefinately without blood, but i do need to recharge the batteries from time to time. if i cant get blood, i get energy (besides, im super picky about my donors).

2) If you dont get either, will you die? If so, How long would if take for you to die?

i dont know....i do feel weak and icky if i dont at least absorb some energy, but i dont think embalming is imminent or anything.

3) Would it be difficult to feed from someone if they are not willing to be a donor?

if psy....it depends on if they are aware and know how to resist. if sang....it would be sort of the same as rape, so i do think it would be violent and ugly...not something id care to try.

4) Can your teeth pierce skin with relative ease (Without having to clamp down your jaw)

no....i have most unvampiric shaped teeth...i ususally use a small stylet to pierce the skin of a donor....a few drops of blood is enough to last me a long time.

I would like to first mention that i disagree with umpir. i do think there are different kinds of "vampires", and we each deal with what makes us vampire in our own way.

as for me i died several years back and rose from my grave and....uh...sorry, you wanted reality didnt you? lol
i do feel weak if i dont "feed" in one for or another (sexual energy is another potent feast), i have some senses that are more accute than most (my sense of smell is almost dog like), while i am slender, im constantly told that im unusually strong for my size and weight, and i heal much faster than anyone ive known.

i realize its rather etherial, but its the best answer i can give you.
~W~

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
03:00:24 Feb 11 2009
Read 1,407 times

LordWolf - "...as for me i died several years back and rose from my grave and....uh...sorry, you wanted reality didnt you?

You're claiming that in "reality" you actually died and then rose from your grave (?!). As anything claimed without evidence ought to be just as easily dismissed without evidence, might you be able to provide any actual legit evidence of this claim?

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

LordWolf
LordWolf
Charmer (84)
[ Give / Take ]

Member of House Eternal
03:49:04 Feb 11 2009
Read 1,402 times

i fear my sense of humor was poorly expressed. when i wrote "you wanted reality didnt you" i was meaning that "ok...ill stop the bs and be serious now".

no...im not claiming to have risen from the grave (altho getting divorced from my ex might count...)

sorry...have a quirky sense of humor.

and now back to our regularly schedualed rant.
~W~

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
04:15:51 Feb 11 2009
Read 1,399 times

*Whew!* So glad to hear it, LordWolf.

With so much self delusion filling this site (e.g., actually believing that blood drinking is necessary for life), one never knows for sure to what lengths some might go in trying to convince others that they are fictional vampires.

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

Artume
Artume
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
06:21:44 Feb 11 2009
Read 1,392 times

The individual that believes they are sustained by blood and or energy should first come to the realisation that neither sustains the individual. It may keep us aware and less irritable and cranky, but it is not needed to survive physically.

Again, this is why I do not talk about my "feeding habits", if you do not understand, then mayhaps you never will.

2) If you dont get either, will you die? If so, How long would if take for you to die? I doubt the body will die from lack of blood ingestion. The body might go into somewhat of a depressed state if no positive energy is procurred, though this does depend on several differant variables.

3) Would it be difficult to feed from someone if they are not willing to be a donor? Well...Duhh, this is common sense. *Roleplayers voice* Oh..Come now, I take from anyone who comes my way...Here comes one now, nice ripe throat for the tearing. *Seriously* Why would you even bring this question up in the first place?

4) Can your teeth pierce skin with relative ease?(Without having to clamp down your jaw)

Again, I do not discuss my feeding habits.

You know, I get this question quite often enough. Almost to the point to where I have a speech memorized. But I will not go into the speech. Instead, I will give you a brief discription:

Have you ever smelled something or someone that no one else can smell, then a couple of seconds later the other individuals around you smell it as you did earlier on? Has your vision become so sensative that you can briefly sense heat signatures from certain sources? Or know an individual is in a room just by sensing that they are there? We do have certain attributes that others do not possess. Mayhaps these attributes may be trained over time, but to us...It comes naturally. Instinctual. Of course I may again have my convictions tested as before...As they always do in a challenging place such as the Rave...What with all the "skeptics" surrounding us at all times.

This may not be a question for the stereotypical "sang" or "psy" vampires...Since I personally find these terms to tie into the realm of roleplaying and lifestyling.

Yeah, the Rave is not what it used to be...Or more than it should be. But I will quit while I am ahead before I really insult someones intelligence.

•  REPLY  •

FacelessUnknown
FacelessUnknown
Phantasm (48)
[ Give / Take ]
13:14:45 Feb 11 2009
Read 1,381 times

"The individual that believes they are sustained by blood and or energy should first come to the realisation that neither sustains the individual. It may keep us aware and less irritable and cranky, but it is not needed to survive physically.

Again, this is why I do not talk about my "feeding habits", if you do not understand, then mayhaps you never will."

You came onto this thread and you choose to answer these questions, i didnt force you so dont make out like i did okay? If your not willing to answer the questions then your obviously wasting space.

"3) Would it be difficult to feed from someone if they are not willing to be a donor?
Well...Duhh, this is common sense. *Roleplayers voice* Oh..Come now, I take from anyone who comes my way...Here comes one now, nice ripe throat for the tearing. *Seriously* Why would you even bring this question up in the first place?"

The reason for this question is because in order for an animal to survive they must eat - And not all prey is willing to lay down and die. So, If you had to feed and the only person around was unwilling, would it be difficult? I ask this because all of the RP vampire's on this site talk about "donors" and how the other has to be willing, so in one sense i'm just testing how human you are.

"5) What specificly makes you a "Vampire"?

You know, I get this question quite often enough. Almost to the point to where I have a speech memorized. But I will not go into the speech. Instead, I will give you a brief discription:

Have you ever smelled something or someone that no one else can smell, then a couple of seconds later the other individuals around you smell it as you did earlier on? Has your vision become so sensative that you can briefly sense heat signatures from certain sources? Or know an individual is in a room just by sensing that they are there? We do have certain attributes that others do not possess. Mayhaps these attributes may be trained over time, but to us...It comes naturally. Instinctual. Of course I may again have my convictions tested as before...As they always do in a challenging place such as the Rave...What with all the "skeptics" surrounding us at all times."

And, from what you have stated, you must have googled vampire characteristic's and found that being able to smell things before others and register heat signitures makes you THE standing deffinition of a vampire?

I dont mean to smear you (Or do i?) But how are you able to call yourself a vampire from those characteristics? I can say i'm really fast and have great vision but that doesnt make me Vampire, does it?

Surely, if going without blood doesnt kill you, then perhaps you are not what you claim? I see a tired pattern here, People are so willing to label themselfs but without bringing proper evidence to the table. but maybe people just dont want to reveal there secrets? XD

•  REPLY  •

Artume
Artume
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
06:48:27 Feb 12 2009
Read 1,366 times

"And, from what you have stated, you must have googled vampire characteristic's and found that being able to smell things before others and register heat signitures makes you THE standing deffinition of a vampire?

I dont mean to smear you (Or do i?) But how are you able to call yourself a vampire from those characteristics? I can say i'm really fast and have great vision but that doesnt make me Vampire, does it?

Surely, if going without blood doesnt kill you, then perhaps you are not what you claim? I see a tired pattern here, People are so willing to label themselfs but without bringing proper evidence to the table. but maybe people just dont want to reveal there secrets? XD"

Don't insult my intelligence with meager personal attacks. Just becuase an individual does have certain characteristics that identifies them as a "fictional" character, does not mean the non fiction version of said character does not exist. Is it so hard to grasp that there are unexplainable truths out there? Are you that alone in your little world that you fail to see anything other than what books have taught you, or that teachers have brought you?

I did not, nor wish to "google" anything. I base my answers from honest and personal experiance. Call me what you will, more power to you...But I will NOT stoop down to your level and keep up with the banter you present to the table.

So far, no one truly knows what the "standing definition" of a vampire is, unless they have witnessed it first hand and experienced it for themselves. We, as "vampires" cannot really describe why we are, or how we came to be. This would be a fruitless endeavor. It is the same as asking an animal, or fish how they came to be...Look, its darwins grab bag!

So far, the main thing I see within this thread is an individual who wishes to disprove everything within their power by acknowledging certain individuals and seperating them from the crowd. What is there to gain from this? Is there knowledge to be instilled by putting an individual on a petal stool, or under a microscope just to prove a point? Is it really nessessary?

As I have said before, I only gave a brief synopsis of what in my mind, makes me a vampire. Take from it what you will, but don't insult me just to make yourself look better...Humility goes both ways. Oh, and by the by...If I wanted to reveal any "secrets"...I would wish to know you on a personal basis for quite some time.

(No offense should be taken from this post...Even though it may be regardless of this attempt at thwarting it.)

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
14:13:00 Feb 12 2009
Read 1,359 times

While agreeing comletely with the first part of your rebuttal here in calling the topic originator to task for labeling him/herself a vampire for supposedly having more acute olfactory awareness, yet you then seem to make the same error in logic by identifying yourself as a vampire for your own personal reasons while at the same time admitting that no one really knows what an actual vampire is. Thus, you both seem to share this same foundational mindset in identifying yourself as "vampires" basedly largely on your own personal opinions and views of same without the actual evidence behind such conclusions to back up such self identification.

While the actual historical accounts do provide us a fairly clear picture of the differences between the vampire of history and that of later fiction, which are both two very different set of characteristics and traits, yet both you and the topic originator seem to depend almost entirely on fictional characteristics (mostly from 20th Century authors) together with your own subjective "take" on same as relate to you both. Thus in this, you both do seem to share more than a little common ground.

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

Calamity
Calamity
Fire Thrower (87)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
14:29:51 Feb 12 2009
Read 1,353 times

I am a Psy vamp and unfortunately, I take energy even though I don't want to. it's a subconscious thing that I can't stop doing until I know that I'm doing it. I can take energy from blood but I don't need to I just like the taste =)

•  REPLY  •

Artume
Artume
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
16:20:18 Feb 12 2009
Read 1,346 times

My apologies to you ~Upir~ for not making myself clear on one point...

Even though society does not understand what the vampire is, according to its nature, and or ways of "being", speaking for myself as identifying as vampire, does not mean that I do not have that proper understanding for who and or what I am.

I was simply making a point. Society may not understand correctly and will always presume, but I for one, understand and acknowledge this from both personal experiance as well as being just that...

I do accept and understand your logic and acadamia as well as your views on what the "true slavic vampire" relates, fortunately the slavic is not the only culture of the vampire around. It may be recorded as a true definition, but...There are still other histories to contend with as well.

All histories tie in, in one form or another. We are all family, some accepted more than others...Even though the slavs are extremely more historically documented more than many of the other histories. But, I will do my damnedest to bring to the table other geneological facts as to where the association that prooves my point may become more relevant...As time allows of course.

Patience is a virtue.

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
16:29:22 Feb 12 2009
Read 1,343 times

Thank you for your logical and erudite reply, soulshroude. I, for one, look forward to any and all future academic and/or historical discoveries you might make that help link or otherwise clarify our understanding of the Vampire.

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

SpiritChaos666
SpiritChaos666

No Longer Registered
20:08:52 Feb 12 2009
Read 1,337 times

For me I take both Energy and power. some of you may look confused. lol it kinda is if you dont know what im talking about. you see with energy it can go so far and same with power but with both in my opionion it goes so much further.
now you may think that i steal these from others which i dont. although the energy i do take negative energy from those who no longer want it even if they do lol sometimes i take a little. see i travel in my sleep and in order to remember and to do so i must be powered up and ready to go.

taking energy is the easy part but to take power that is just a little more tricky. just so u dont get caught by the counsil. in one hand i normaly use it as energy and the other power.

i can also transfer energy and power in case others need it. i do have alot now and i am trying to put them in bubbles so i can store them for later on.

~Trish~

•  REPLY  •

La6Muerte66
La6Muerte66
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]
Chateau Orleans (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Chateau Orleans (Coven)
20:58:22 Feb 12 2009
Read 1,332 times

SpiritChaos666, perhaps you wouldn't mind clarifying what exactly you mean by "power?" Obviously, the common definition doesn't apply here, so you'll have to explain what it is you're talking about.

•  REPLY  •

LilithSkye
LilithSkye

No Longer Registered
00:24:58 Feb 13 2009
Read 1,320 times

-I get moody if I haven't feed within a few weeks to a few months. I don't need to feed, but I do feel better mentally and physically.

-I believe you are talking about extremely severe cases. You don't die if you don't feed. It could make someone extremely sick.

-It is against laws to feed on someone not willing.. what have you been reading?

-My canine teeth can on both top and both, but they have always been naturally sharp.

-I live the lifestyle and that is all you really need to know about the depths of it.

•  REPLY  •

HaZyFaErY
HaZyFaErY
Spellbinder (81)
[ Give / Take ]

01:18:38 Feb 13 2009
Read 1,313 times

1) How long can you last without a dose of Blood/Energy? well,for me, as a psy, i am new, but i have to have my energy at least every day...i can go longer but it is hard

2) If you dont get either, will you die? If so, How long would if take for you to die?no i will not die, but it puts me out of sorts and i am confused and grumpy, mean even at times

3) Would it be difficult to feed from someone if they are not willing to be a donor?yes, if they aren't willing don't do it

4) Can your teeth pierce skin with relative ease (Without having to clamp down your jaw)n/a

5) What specificly makes you a "Vampire"?belief

•  REPLY  •

BelovedDarkness
BelovedDarkness
Ethereal Being (31)
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
13:36:22 Feb 13 2009
Read 1,286 times

I try to feed every 4 weeks (im a sang). If I go to much longer than that I start to get very sick and my kidneys will shut down. I dont let it get farther than that.

According to my doctor, yes. feeding is a better alternative to dialysis and IV steroids.

3) Would it be difficult to feed from someone if they are not willing to be a donor? I wouldnt even consider feeding of of an unwilling donor. Not only is it illegal, but in my mind its a form of rape and thats not something that Im even willing to consider with a human donor. On the rare occasion that i have too feed from an animal, I only take as much as I can without hurting them and try to stick to bigger animals like bovines

4) Can your teeth pierce skin with relative ease (Without having to clamp down your jaw).
Yup, but if I am feeding from a donor (which I dont anymore) I prefer to use a blade because of the infections that come with a human bite. My donors are my life sustenance, I want to make sure they are as comfortable and healthy as I can.

Circumstance

•  REPLY  •

BelovedDarkness
BelovedDarkness
Ethereal Being (31)
[ Give / Take ]

13:51:55 Feb 13 2009
Read 1,284 times

UpirLikhyj,
Id just like to bring to your attention the Porphyria aspect of this post. There are (to my knowledge) eight different kinds of porphyria. At least 6 of these do require to some extent the ingestion of blood coupled with certain steroid medications without which, a porphyrian (the medical term for Vampire) would die.
To say that NO ONE on these boards has a physiological NEED to drink blood is not only ignorant of medicine, but misleading to people who might actually need the medical attention required of a presenting porphyrian, which is usually about the age of 15-22, the average age range of this site.
While I recognize that porphyria is often an extremely difficult diagnosis, and can be a very dangerous one because the treatments can have horrible side effects including death and total organ failure causing most physicians to diagnose everything but porphyria until it is the only possible thing left, I still must persist that the saying that "the vampire condition" does not exist is most unwise.
For anyone who feels this is only a life style by proxy, I certainly suggest that you do your best to be proactive in your treatment, research the symptoms, research the treatment and research and contact doctors and specialists if you feel that, after your research, you have multiple of the key symptoms. If you dont, you may well not ever be treated for what you have and that can be a VERY hard road to be on for the rest of your life.

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
16:05:42 Feb 13 2009
Read 1,279 times

BelovedDarkness wrote:

"There are (to my knowledge) eight different kinds of porphyria. At least 6 of these do require to some extent the ingestion of blood coupled with certain steroid medications without which, a porphyrian (the medical term for Vampire) would die. To say that NO ONE on these boards has a physiological NEED to drink blood is not only ignorant of medicine..." (emphasis added)

BelovedDarkness, in the words of the Book of Job, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? - Job 38:2

While chiding me for daring to state that no one needs to drink blood and calling me "ignorant of medicine," yet I noticed that you did not bother to provide a single reference, citation, or URL to support your claim that certain sufferers of porphyria actually need to drink blood. So permit me to provide a few that prove my statement to be quite accurate and reveal who here is medically ignorant:

So why the link between porphyria and vampirism? One of the varieties of porphyria, congenital erythropoietic porphyria, has among its symptoms: severe light sensitivity, reddish-brown urine and teeth, mutilation of the nose, ears, eyelids, and fingers, an excess of body hair, and anemia (compare these symptoms with the description of Stoker's Dracula). In addition, some kinds of porphyria are associated with epilepsy. However, there is no evidence that porphyrics have any sort of craving to drink blood ...

http://stason.org/TULARC/education-books/vampires/17-What-is-porphyria-why-is-it-called-The-Vampire-Disease.html

(3) Porphyria victims don't crave blood. Drinking blood will not alleviate their symptoms, nor has there ever been a general belief that it would. The blood chemicals porphyria victims need do not survive digestion.

http://www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com/realvampire/porphyria-false.html

And finally, so as to remedy your own true medical ignorance on porphyria, might I suggest you actually read something on the subject from an actual medical authority on porphyria rather than continue to simply regurgitate the views and opinions of other vampire wanna-bes? I would especially suggest taking the time to peruse the website of the American Porphyria Foundation at which in their extensive online section on Diet and Nutrition in which absolutely no recommendation is given for the porphyria sufferer to drink or otherwise ingest blood.

Thus, the only one here making medical statements that, if followed by those suffering from porphyria, would prove decidedly detrimental if not dangerous to their health... is you.

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

BelovedDarkness
BelovedDarkness
Ethereal Being (31)
[ Give / Take ]

19:01:49 Feb 13 2009
Read 1,272 times

I prefer to follow the advice of my doctor rather than something that you pulled off of google.

•  REPLY  •

BelovedDarkness
BelovedDarkness
Ethereal Being (31)
[ Give / Take ]

19:06:32 Feb 13 2009
Read 1,271 times

Oh, and as per not having cravings, I like that you think that you have to authority to tell me what I crave and Id enjoy hearing the response after you say that to the many I know that do.

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
19:34:26 Feb 13 2009
Read 1,269 times

Two questions:

1. Who is your "doctor" who prescribes contrary to all medical knowledge (again... in case you missed it... the physiological fact is that the elements needed to treat porphyria cannot be obtained via drinking blood as the digestion process destroys any such that might exist in blood, hence the reason why actual medication together with foods high in beta-carotene are the most often prescribed and/or recommended)?

2. Where in my reply did I say that you, specifically, have no cravings to drink blood? What I quoted was from a doctor who stated that porphyria patients do not crave blood... and as he is the medical professional here, not you or I, I quoted him. Go tell him what you told me and see how he responses; I would love to hear what he tells you.

As regards your "cravings," it is not to the medical profession you can hope to resort for validation as no legitimate doctor would support such a claim as symptomatic of porphyria. No... for any such validation, you would need instead to resort instead to the field of psychiatry, for which area of treatment you evidence a rather strong and immediate need.

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
19:51:58 Feb 13 2009
Read 1,267 times

An important word of both warning and advice: ANY doctor who would professionally recommend or advise a patient to drink blood is most certainly someone who ought to be reported to the AMA and have his/her license pulled!

As others here have likewise commented, drinking blood is hazardous for a variety of reasons. In addition to the possibility of transmission of a number of diseases, including HIV and Hepatitis, the fact is that drinking blood in quantity (more than small cup or so) can actually make you sick given that, in part, our digestive systems are not designed to obtain nutrients from blood. In fact, as noted in my recent rebuttals to BelovedDarkness, the very elements needed to treat porphyria are destroyed in the digestive process, anyway.

If you feel you have to be a blood-drinking "vampire," don't expect to find any legitimate medical support for such a practice. Regardless of BelovedDarkness' claims that a "doctor" has advised her to do so, the fact is that such a claim is... to be as kind and diplomatic as possible... highly dubious and questionable.

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

La6Muerte66
La6Muerte66
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]

04:14:09 Feb 14 2009
Read 1,254 times

I did a bit of searching myself and found an interesting bit of information. While porphyria itself does not cause cravings for blood, it can cause anemia due to the lack of hemoglobin. One important symptom of anemia is, you guessed it, Pica. For those who don't already know, Pica is the craving for unusual substances (aka crayons, paper, blood...) due to a lack of iron in the blood.

So Upir and BelovedDarkness, you both may be right. Someone suffering from porphyria would not necessarily crave blood, but it can be a symptom due to the potential anemia.

This website is where I found the information,
this one will tell you more about porphyria,
and this one will tell you more about anemia.

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
04:28:21 Feb 14 2009
Read 1,252 times

You are correct that porphyria results, in part, in anemia as a symptom. So also do many other conditions, including a woman's menstrual bleeding that occurs in every woman monthly. Yet... again... the wait to replenish iron is not to drink blood, but instead to take iron supplements.

This issue here is not whether porphyria results in anemia, but whether porphyria sufferers needed to drink blood. As blood drinking does not replenish iron, then it cannot be claimed as a treatment for anemia regardless whether caused by porphyria or anything else.

Again... blood drinking is NEVER recommended much less needed, as was claimed.

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

La6Muerte66
La6Muerte66
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]

04:38:38 Feb 14 2009
Read 1,250 times

What I was responding to, however, were the statements made about blood cravings. I never said or meant to imply that porphyria sufferers ever need to drink blood, nor will it help.

BelovedDarkness had said:

"Oh, and as per not having cravings, I like that you think that you have to authority to tell me what I crave and Id enjoy hearing the response after you say that to the many I know that do."

...in response your post that said porphyria sufferers don't crave blood. I was merely pointing out that they can indeed experience pica due to anemia and iron deficiency, and thus crave unusual substances, blood included.

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
16:25:23 Feb 14 2009
Read 1,241 times

I see your point here... were it indeed indicated that porphyria sufferers do indeed "crave unusual things." I don't believe this to be in evidence; certainly no such was provided by BelovedDarkness nor did I find any such referenced in my own investigation of porphyria. If you can find something that does indicate such, please let me/us know here.

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

La6Muerte66
La6Muerte66
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]

23:43:04 Feb 14 2009
Read 1,230 times

In my other response, I posted links to the articles where I came to said conclusion. Because sufferers of porphyria can also develop anemia, they can then get the symptoms of anemia. One such symptom is Pica, which as I said is the craving for unusual substances. A person with porphyria will not necessarily get pica, nor does it appear to be very likely, but it is certainly a possibility.

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
00:34:03 Feb 15 2009
Read 1,226 times

Yes, I read these... yet none of these mention anything about a craving to drink blood.

While a symptom of anemia, yet Pica is certainly not exclusive to porphyria and, more to the point, has never been shown to include a craving to drink blood. Here follows a listing of those items documented to be craved by those suffering from Pica:

dirt
clay
paint chips
plaster
chalk
cornstarch
laundry starch
baking soda
coffee grounds
cigarette ashes
burnt match heads
cigarette butts
feces
ice
glue
hair
buttons
paper
sand
toothpaste
soap

- as found here: http://kidshealth.org/parent/emotions/behavior/pica.html

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

La6Muerte66
La6Muerte66
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]

01:20:06 Feb 15 2009
Read 1,220 times

While those are the only documented substances (and I'm not even sure how inclusive that list is, as I've read that one person actually used to eat her son's crayons), it doesn't necessarily rule out blood as a possibility. Again, I never said it's exclusive to porphyria, nor is pica even that common in porphyria. sufferers. Just that it's not impossible for someone with porphyria to crave blood.

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
02:21:36 Feb 15 2009
Read 1,217 times

To my knowledge, there has never been a single sufferer of porphyria who has ever been documented as having a craving to drink blood. If you know of any such, I welcome any information on same. Otherwise, the only incidents of those claiming such a craving are... again... people like BelovedDarkness who do so not to satisfy an actual physiological need or craving for blood as much as to satisfy a craving to be identified as a "vampire." And that is evidence not of a physiological condition but, instead, a psychological one.

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

La6Muerte66
La6Muerte66
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]

05:25:40 Feb 15 2009
Read 1,212 times

Oh by all means, BelovedDarkness' friend, if he/she really is experiencing cravings for blood, it is in all likeliness a psychological problem. The entire purpose of throwing that information out there was just to offer a possible scenario. Personally, I've never heard of a documented case of blood cravings resulting from pica. I just wouldn't rule it out 100%. Even if such a craving is much more likely a psychological rather than physiological problem.

As I understand it, a large percentage of cases of pica go unreported, as many people are ashamed of their "habit" of eating unusual non-food substances. The crayon incident I brought up was something I read on a humor site. It was a clipping from a Dear Abbey column. lol. How would you feel if you found yourself eating something like clay for reasons you couldn't explain? Of course, that doesn't mean every case of someone eating odd substances is automatically pica, but still...

•  REPLY  •

La6Muerte66
La6Muerte66
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]

05:53:42 Feb 15 2009
Read 1,209 times

But... for the hell of it, I did a bit of searching and found another interesting bit of info:

"People suffering from pica most commonly crave earthy, gritty substances, such as soil, chalk, paper or earthenware. In some instances, patients may ingest items that are considered food ingredients, such as flour, baking soda or coffee grounds. In rarer cases, individuals have been known to crave human substances, such as blood, hair, urine or their own body parts."

Taken from http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-pica.htm.

•  REPLY  •

PrincesaScarlette
PrincesaScarlette
Fire Thrower (87)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
22:50:21 Feb 15 2009
Read 1,199 times

Well hi

This is an interesting thread and it brings a question to mind. My mother back in 1969-1970 was pregnant with me. During her pregnancy she ate dirt and raw meat on a regular basis. What would you attribute this to as she was never associated with anything to do with vampires? I think she was always very healthy as well.

•  REPLY  •

La6Muerte66
La6Muerte66
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]

00:49:00 Feb 16 2009
Read 1,193 times

Well, this is starting to get off-topic... a lot. She was probably suffering from a vitamin deficiency, and may have had pica.

•  REPLY  •

LordWolf
LordWolf
Charmer (84)
[ Give / Take ]

Member of House Eternal
01:23:09 Feb 16 2009
Read 1,189 times

yup....please stay tuned...the La6Muerte/Upir show will return after this commercial announcement:

BLOOD; ITS NOT JUST FOR BREAKFAST ANYMORE.

we now return to the La6Muerte/Upir on W.A.M.P. radio 666 on your am dial.
:c)

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
17:29:50 Feb 16 2009
Read 1,174 times

PrincesaChela -

Pica, which seems to be what your mother experienced, is usually related to iron deficiency and has nothing to do with vampirism. Thus despite what some of the erroneous entries found here have alluded, there is nothing in your mother's eating behavior while pregnant that had anything to do with vampirism and everything to do with anemia. Yet again, anemia (whether related to porphyria or anything else) does not embue its sufferer with a craving to drink blood... though might cause one to suffer Pica and crave eating any of a number of unusual things.

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

venumstings
venumstings
Aggressor (83)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
18:31:05 Feb 16 2009
Read 1,172 times

Well i been psychic vampire for long time... my feeding need was weekly. if I would not take space energy once a week or its substitute aura energy evry three days if not taking space energy, I was graceless those days and become zombie and no rest and feeling dire made me much week even losing the zeal of activity.

now a days I came out of vicious circle of dire for energies, thanks to my rest to heal my chakras.

I can not fall to vampirism few days I am very week for this. my inner lost in the fog which is of lighter side... feeling fever as if some one is feeding on me...

But now surely I came out to lighter side... I can try energies for healing others.... but it suck and sock me a lot that draining of energies as I lost feeding on energies of space and aura.

I do have my celestial awareness but i want escape...

•  REPLY  •

XXgoddessXofXtheXnightXX
XXgoddessXofXtheXnightXX

No Longer Registered
14:22:12 Mar 13 2009
Read 1,134 times

hmmmm these are some interesting questions.... and a few of them don't really apply to pranic/"psi" vamps........ so idk if i could really answer many of them without bias.

1. well, most of the time, it's subconscious anyhow. you take energy without realizing it. you're like a sponge. you tire people out around you... sometimes you make them grumpy. and you're usually bouncy, or in a good mood for no reason. but when it's not subconscious, usually a few times a week if it's a big dose. couple times a day otherwise. little bursts of energy.

2. Of course not, just get tired, and very sick, in some cases.

3. No because it's mental, and a lot of the time, they don't realize you're doing it anyway. ;)

4. DOESN'T APPLY TO ME.

5. Read my pro.

Some terms are better left unused... they lead to cliches.

I prefer "master manipulator of energy" :D LOL just kiddin

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by TheRat on Aug 31 2010  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.4464 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X