We, first and foremost, are a House of Knowledge.
"In darkness’ embrace
You hear an owl’s hoot.
Fear not, my child;
It is only your destiny coming to awaken you."
Here, within these walls, history unfolds. The beginning starts on freshly pressed parchment with its ink barely dried. Companions are made and alliances formed through understanding and mutual interests, while respect grows from within.
"Et occurrent daemonia onocentauris et pilosus clamabit alter ad alterum ibi cubavit lamia et invenit sibi requiem."
- Isaiah 34:14, Latin Vulgate (405 CE)
"And there shall the beasts of the desert meet with the jackals, and the wild goat shall cry to his fellow; the lilith also shall settle there, and find for herself a place of rest." - J.N.Darby Translation (1890 CE)
The original quote is from the Latin version of the Bible from which we take to explain our standing as the last bastion of solace; a haven for those without a home.
Note the word "lamia"; this is one of the mythical creatures associated with vampires and succubi.
Moreover, the original Hebrew text of the Tanakh uses the word "lilit", which some scholars believe was the reference to Lilith, who we identify today as the mother of Vampires. Most modern translations of the Bible translate this word to "screech owl" (our representative). However, we use the latter quote as our preferred translation of our Motto.
House Mission Statement
"To be able under all circumstances to practice five things constitutes perfect virtue; these five things are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness."
- Confucius (551 BCE - 479 BCE), The Confucian Analects
"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826 CE)
"We members of House Lunazure, though following separate paths, join in sodality, combining our virtues, strengths and knowledge. We will perform our duties to the Prince and to our Master; into their charge we commend ourselves. We hereby vow to remain loyal members until we are discharged. Let everyone present bear witness to our resolve. Erus paritum!" (We will obey our Master!)
House Battle Cry:
"Carpe Omnia!" (Seize everything!)
"Battle on House Lunazure" By ElderDaniel
Battle on House Lunazure
Fighting hard, Fighting sure
Fighting for the common rights
To fight the right fight for our rights
~Repeat Ad Nauseum...
We welcome visitors, those who wish to stop in for some time and get to know the House members a bit, and encourage and promote equality within our House and VR. We also look for members who are 18+.
Is the Owl.
The owl symbolizes knowledge and wisdom due to it being a symbol for Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom and strategy. In Ancient Greece, the owl was a symbol of a higher wisdom. Much like a Vampire, they are most active at night.
It is our Household Mission to strive for these five virtues plus one.
1. The First Virtue, Gravity, meaning seriousness. This has its place of importance, especially in politics of the Houses and beyond.
2. The Second Virtue, Generosity of Soul. This is more than just giving gifts or donating money, but donating your time, heart and soul, to what moves you. That kind of giving expects nothing in return, yet that virtue alone is its reward.
3. The Third Virtue, Sincerity. That quality of being honest and trustworthy.
4. The Fourth Virtue, Earnestness. More than sincerity, Earnestness is a strong conviction and determination to do that which is right.
5. The Fifth Virtue, Kindness. We should strive to be kind to our fellow no matter their station in life.
6. The Sixth Virtue. Frivolity, meaning silliness. While you may immediately believe levity is the opposite of the first Five Virtues, I am here to affirm they are not mutually exclusive. Sometimes a good laugh is the finest gift, the most poignant truth, the earnest clamor, and the kindest help we can give.
It is a wise person indeed who can balance and wield all Six Virtues.
If interested in the House, please take a moment to read Member Expectations.