Wyvern (85)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Poison (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Poison (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 14 years.
12:21:34 Jul 27 2022
Read 496 times

I am appalled that entities could think Anne Rice's novel turned movie, Interview With The Vampire, could possibly be improved...although...I will admit the one flaw was casting Antonio Banderas as Armand, what were they thinking?! Other than that...let's face it and HEY! I was never a Tom Cruise fan, but Tommy was Lestat! NAILED IT! Brad Pitt?! Louis?! NAILED IT!

So they just had to remake it...any bets "Diversity" and "The Message" will render it unrecognizable?!

Anymore...cinematic creators...I hate your guts...or should I say the lack thereof...

•  REPLY  •

ARTEMIAEVE
ARTEMIAEVE
Great Sire (119)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 12 years.
00:22:20 Jul 30 2022
Read 484 times

Personally I'm very angry at who they cast as with Lestat! I don't think they should have started it from interview with the vampire they should have started it a different way maybe we will be impressed and they did a good job I don't know but Christopher's not involved in it I'm kind of upset and I hope then it does well and doesn't get cancelled because then we won't get to see any of the other books done.

•  REPLY  •

EstrangedOne
EstrangedOne
High Sire (157)
Honor: 159
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
07:40:45 Oct 25 2022
Read 428 times

Personally, I was never much of a fan of any of the series, in the first place. Yet my ex-wife (to this day) enjoys saying that Anne Rice (and the films) modeled Lestat after me (and ergo, she STILL calls me "Lestat").
As for the new series going on, I'm not even sure I want to know, in the first place. It kind of sounds like an adult version of Twilight, which, if you ask me was an abomination, in the first place.

((Meanwhile, I apparently have a new nickname at work - it seems my coworkers (and even my/our clientele) suddenly consider me to be Morbius.))

•  REPLY  •

ShadowBorn
ShadowBorn
Bete Noire (44)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 1 years.
07:12:48 Nov 27 2022
Read 399 times

No it's really nothing like a Twilight at all! Sam Reid plays a wonderful Lestat but yes, it is quite different from the books for sure.
I wasn't sure how it was going to be but I have watched every episode of the 1st season and I wasn't disappointed in the least.

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 143
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
19:11:58 Jan 24 2023
Read 359 times

Here in Romania, we detest how Writers and movie makers, changes the whole spectrum of a Vampire.

•  REPLY  •

Airianna
Airianna
Sire (101)
Honor: 54
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
03:52:24 Sep 10 2023
Read 243 times

Tommy was Lestat was chefs kiss
and Kirsten Dunst as Claudia.... was omg she fit her so well!!!

•  REPLY  •

Cadrewolf2
Cadrewolf2
Great Sire (112)
Honor: 2,395
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Nocturnal Retribution is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Nocturnal Retribution
08:20:41 Sep 13 2023
Read 239 times

The casting much like all Hollywood productions is on who can bring the money in at that time. some of the flaws listed above I can see yet, for the time and year that it came out, it was a huge hit in the box office. Yet could they do it again with a different class of people, yes there will always be others who think the new version is better than the old. I hate remakes of movies. I have yet to see one that was better than the original movie. As for the series Interview with a vampire, you can have it. It's somewhat distasteful in my opinion.

•  REPLY  •

NikkiAidyn
NikkiAidyn
Royal Sire (207)
Honor: 3,876
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs
Vampire Rave member for 12 years.
18:48:58 Oct 13 2023
Read 202 times

They did a better job than I thought they would, but there were spme things I didn't like. They changed Louis too much...I'm not talking about the race of the actor, but how Louis acts and the things he does that he'd never do in the books.
The alternate time period that they were in was interesting, although I would've preferred the original time the books mentioned it all started on. Seeing the vampires prowl in New Orleans back in their original time-with the city and people so different from today would've been better.
For once, I didn't dislike Claudia. I liked how the new actress portrayed her, because she wasn't as aggravating to me as book Claudia and the movie's version.
Though there were parts of Lestat portrayed way different than how he was in the novels, the actor did a great job at being Lestat, from his mesmerizing talk to convince Louis to change to his "Brat Prince" attitude and body language throughout. Sam Reid embodied Lestat and it was his character that kept me interested and wanting more.

I'm a huge Anne Rice fan and I've read all of her books, the Vampire Chronicles more than once. I was so intent on hating the show, but after half an hour I started to enjoy it more.
While there are many changes, not all of them are bad. For the rendition that it is, it is good

•  REPLY  •

vindetta
vindetta
Carnal Creature (56)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 5 years.
00:18:34 Oct 30 2023
Read 184 times

it was a great movie and i own this movie

•  REPLY  •

Vampirewitch39
Vampirewitch39
Royal Sire (208)
Honor: 75,591
[ Give / Take ]

Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
16:34:12 Nov 06 2023
Read 168 times

And the latest TV series based on the book?

•  REPLY  •

EstrangedOne
EstrangedOne
High Sire (157)
Honor: 159
[ Give / Take ]

Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
06:57:41 Nov 08 2023
Read 157 times

I really don't think so, but I haven't seen it yet (and honestly, I'm not sure I want to, after having only seen the previews for it - frankly, seeing that, alone, I was not really impressed).

Granted, I could be wrong, and it might be a great series. But personally, I really have my doubts.

•  REPLY  •

Vampirewitch39
Vampirewitch39
Royal Sire (208)
Honor: 75,591
[ Give / Take ]

Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
17:49:32 Nov 08 2023
Read 151 times

I liked it. Sort of dragged in spots, but then I think the movie did as well. Like the movie I wanted to slap him, tell him he is a vampire so either walk outside in the day light, or grow a set of fangs. Very whiney.

But then- not a fan of Rice work.

•  REPLY  •

wraithandthemuse
wraithandthemuse
Sycophant (6)
[ Give / Take ]
17:51:01 Nov 09 2023
Read 146 times

Having watched the show, I would have liked it a lot better if it was its own original concept instead of purporting to adapt Anne Rice's work. The showrunners claimed that despite the changes to the time period and the cast that we would be getting an adaptation overall more true to the books, but the book Lestat would never do some of the things that this TV Lestat does! It's a shame because I enjoy Sam Reid's performance in many respects, but accuracy to the book is not one of them! I am fine with changes to the story in order to get it onto television, but some of the changes they've made adulterate the characters to the point of being barely recognizable as their book counterparts! I'm hoping the plot twist they introduced in the season finale pays off and makes this adaptation more worth it.

•  REPLY  •

POST RESPONSE

•   QUOTE  •   QUOTE HELP  •  

POST PREVIEW

•  CLOSE PREVIEW  •  
Post preview does not reflect tags that may be stripped out after you post. What HTML tags you can use depends on your membership type. More information.

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.1638 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X