Pain Giver (55)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 14 years.
00:09:15 May 16 2023
Read 239 times

Many of us here practice many things. Do you prefer to make your own spells or find help in others spells?

Myself i prefer to make my own spells and things i use for my work

•  REPLY  •

KitsuScholar
KitsuScholar
Elemental (77)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 14 years.
10:01:41 May 20 2023
Read 226 times

In all honesty, once I actually knew what I was doing while practicing magick, I never touched spells written by someone else. I write my own and I'm so thankful I started doing that early on in my practice.

•  REPLY  •

Doru
Doru
Venerable Sire (134)
Honor: 604
[ Give / Take ]

Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
04:13:34 Jun 11 2023
Read 206 times

They are all just barrowed words bruised by the act of living.

•  REPLY  •

MysticStorm
MysticStorm
Interloper (47)
[ Give / Take ]

Vampire Rave member for 3 years.
21:13:12 Jun 18 2023
Read 195 times

Making your own spell I think

Personalization and Intention: Making your own spell allows you to tailor it specifically to your needs, desires, and intentions. You have the freedom to incorporate symbols, words, and actions that resonate deeply with you. This personal touch can enhance the connection and focus you have during the spellcasting process.

•  REPLY  •

Achlys
Achlys
Grave Robber (22)
[ Give / Take ]
Gothic Blood (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Gothic Blood (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 9 years.
01:46:06 Jun 20 2023
Read 192 times

Making your own, imo, is always more effective than using one prepared by someone else. Just make sure you thoroughly research anything you intend to use so you avoid any unwanted effects

•  REPLY  •

Aeznara
Aeznara
Irritater (16)
[ Give / Take ]
14:43:43 Jun 28 2023
Read 186 times

Making my own. Though sometimes I will be inspired by someone elses spell loosely, I change things around and make it my own when I am.

•  REPLY  •

EstrangedOne
EstrangedOne
High Sire (157)
Honor: 159
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
04:55:13 Jul 03 2023
Read 177 times

I very seldom use 'spells'. If anything, I learn the knowledge of it, just for the sake of it all. Beyond that, I don't really waste the time or effort with using it. I simply WILL what I want.
Besides, I've learned, over the years, that apparently, my particular 'magic(k)' is perhaps a little... Too strong. So, I only use it when necessity calls.

•  REPLY  •

vormel
vormel
Hellhound (70)
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Invisus Secretus is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Invisus Secretus
Vampire Rave member for 6 years.
12:49:58 Aug 31 2023
Read 129 times

It depends on you are practicing (traditional) magic or magick (chaos magick).

If your are doing traditional magic you should do exactly the spell you are reading and, because of your subconscious, it will only work if you do as best as possible.

But, if you have been succeeded in leaving traditions (and that's not easy) and embrace a really chaos magic, then: congratulations! you can do your own spells.

•  REPLY  •

EstrangedOne
EstrangedOne
High Sire (157)
Honor: 159
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
01:17:34 Sep 08 2023
Read 117 times

In my case, particularly, I have always had one big problem with using traditional Craft. Hence, I had to design my own and basically "fuel" it, which, again, has made it incredibly potent. It's mostly because of my little brother that I now study Psychic Spell-Craft more than anything, as I learned a long time ago that he is so talented with it that it "should be unnatural". Ergo, in my case, I study other uses and "creations", so to speak, and I only add the knowledge to my own already existing array. I've actually found that this works much more effectively for me, due to not only my own design, but the fact that if I try to use "typical" Craft, pretty much everything backfires. Thus, I have to do things almost completely backwards (literally). But of course, if using My Own, I don't have that problem.

Although, I will say that for any beginner/novice, starting off with something much more traditional is a most appropriate way to start.

•  REPLY  •

BloodyMary693
BloodyMary693
Curmudgeon (11)
[ Give / Take ]
20:38:59 Oct 01 2023
Read 96 times

Book spells can be pretty good if you work them with enough intention and energy, but I definitely think almost no one follows a book spell to a T. We all put our own spin on it, whether we use different tools because we don't have the ones listed or doing it on a different moon phase because we can't wait for the right conditions. The books can give us inspiration and a good base to build from, but I think any spell is way more affective when we personalize it.

•  REPLY  •

POST RESPONSE

•   QUOTE  •   QUOTE HELP  •  

POST PREVIEW

•  CLOSE PREVIEW  •  
Post preview does not reflect tags that may be stripped out after you post. What HTML tags you can use depends on your membership type. More information.

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.1371 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X