Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
Honor: 88
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 19 years.
01:01:44 Jul 23 2009
Read 4,452 times

Vampire Rave Mentorships are now live. You can access the main Mentorship page here. The link is in the Members window, just below VR Chat.

Members of level 80 or higher can now start Mentorships and take on pupils. Pupils receive a 1% Status bonus. The Mentorship FAQ is here.

Please use this thread for bug reports and questions about Mentorships that is not outlined in the VR Manual or Mentorships FAQ.

•  REPLY  •

Indulgence
Indulgence
Noble Sire (163)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
02:36:09 Jul 23 2009
Read 4,356 times

I may have missed something here..

On the Mentorships page, it has, for example Pupils: 8, yet if you view the pupils there are only 3 or another small amount.

Also, for some of the Open Slots the number is in the negatives.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
03:06:48 Jul 23 2009
Read 4,319 times

MBK,

There are some early rough edges that I am smoothing. The totals of pupils/slots should all match up now.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
04:18:24 Jul 23 2009
Read 4,263 times

If you click on the 'Mentor' tag (Who's Online, in Forum threads, or in the Message Center), you'll see it goes straight to the Mentorship that member heads up.

•  REPLY  •

PrettyWhenICry
PrettyWhenICry

No Longer Registered
04:19:43 Jul 23 2009
Read 4,260 times

I have a suggestion ... what about a link to the Mentorship you're in under the Society like we have for the Covens? I keep wanting to go over there to find mine so I think others may do the same thing.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
04:21:09 Jul 23 2009
Read 4,256 times

When you set up a new Mentorship, you won't appear on the Mentorships page until you have at least 1 pupil. Since you can only gain pupils through invitations, you must get someone to join your Mentoship via a message invite to get things rolling.

Your main Mentorship page is viewable, it just isn't listed on the Mentorships page. If someone clicks your Mentor tag they'll get to your main page.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
04:22:27 Jul 23 2009
Read 4,254 times

SapphireEyedPhoenix,

If you click on the Mentorships page, you'll see that your Mentorship is ALWAYS listed at the top. This makes for quick navigation.

I may add a 'Your Mentorship' link, but for now, we'll see how this works.

•  REPLY  •

Gothlaz
Gothlaz
Revenant (41)
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 15 years.
04:31:05 Jul 23 2009
Read 4,241 times

Two questions.

First is it possible for a person to be mentored by two separate mentors and recieve the bonus for both? If so this could lead to some abuse I think.

Second, what is to stop someone for finding out who the mentors are and messaging a request to be mentored so they can recieve the invite? This seems to be a loophole in the idea of it being only through invites and no applications.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
04:38:17 Jul 23 2009
Read 4,232 times

Gothlaz,

You can only be in 1 Mentorship at a time. If a Mentor tries to send an invite to a perspective pupil who is already being Mentored they will get an error. And a member cannot join a Mentorship without an invite.

Yes, there is nothing to stop wannabe pupils from messaging Mentors.. And that's okay. I decided, for design purposes, that invites were to be sent on the Mentor end only.

•  REPLY  •

jennaKARRO
jennaKARRO
Banshee (72)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 14 years.
11:11:57 Jul 23 2009
Read 4,111 times

I was just noticing...

I really am a bit of a klutz. I hope I don't accidentally hit that little leave when trying to go into a thread. My Computer likes to glitch to the side at odd moments.

It looks real easy to hit by accident that close to the threads. Not a problem for me. I can just re-invite, but it makes one wonder how often it might happen.

•  REPLY  •

jennaKARRO
jennaKARRO
Banshee (72)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
11:34:49 Jul 23 2009
Read 4,104 times

Are you going to add the Mentorship FAQ to the Members menu?

If we lose the News thread it is on, we might forget the info on it.

•  REPLY  •

Indulgence
Indulgence
Noble Sire (163)
[ Give / Take ]
14:16:30 Jul 23 2009
Read 4,073 times

jennaKARRO -

There is actually a link to the Mentorship FAQ at the bottom of the Mentorships page.

•  REPLY  •

devilsbestangel
devilsbestangel
Premiere Sire (124)
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs
15:19:53 Jul 23 2009
Read 4,050 times

What is the largest size the graphic can be?

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
Honor: 105,371
[ Give / Take ]
Cartomancer is the Hand of the Prince.
18:04:51 Jul 23 2009
Read 4,015 times

Once in, can a mentored member leave the mentorship of their own accord, without being kicked by their mentor? I didn't see that addressed in the FAQ.

•  REPLY  •

MistressGraveRobber
MistressGraveRobber
Blood Drinker (68)
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
18:17:31 Jul 23 2009
Read 4,007 times

I can see the link to leave on my mentorship page, so I'd assume so. :)

*imagesinwords edit* Good, I can't see that because I am not being mentored :D I also see I skipped a post above where a member speak of the *leave* option.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
18:35:52 Jul 23 2009
Read 3,986 times

jennaKARRO,

If you click 'leave Mentorship', there's a confirmation screen. So there shouldn't be any accidental quitting.

I need to paginate the Mentors page to 10 or so per page. It's getting long fast.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
18:53:21 Jul 23 2009
Read 3,976 times

Ok, I might as well address this before it comes up.

There's this 'gap' in the Mentor system. You can Mentor at level 80, and only be a pupil if below member 80. But imagine this scenario:

You are a pupil in a mentorship and your level is 79. You update your Status. Your base score is 75. Your bonuses total 5.30. Of your bonuses, .75 is from the Mentor bonus.

So what happens? You're instantly removed from your Mentorship as a result of the status update. After all, your Status is now 80.30, right?

10 minutes later you update your Status again. You don't have the Mentor bonus anymore, so your Status is 79.55.

Lets say that you started a Mentor program, before the Status update, since you're level 80+. In this case the Mentorship would have created, but 10 minutes later, when your Status dropped, your Open Slots sets to zero meaning no possible pupils.

This is the gap I was talking about. It exists around level 80. There's no way to remove this gap, due to the nature of the Status system.

•  REPLY  •

Kyriel
Kyriel

No Longer Registered
20:03:39 Jul 23 2009
Read 3,952 times

I don't know if this is happening with anyone else but my 1% boost from being a pupil isn't registering when I go to update my status. I'm at 53.60 but when I calculate my bonuses with my base score I'm supposed to be around 54.10.

•  REPLY  •

GrieviousDemon
GrieviousDemon
Premiere Sire (129)
[ Give / Take ]
20:52:03 Jul 23 2009
Read 3,937 times

Great work on the mentoring setup. Think this will be more of a project for me than the Coven itself. Havent had any technical issues thus far. Reviewing the posts above already answered any question's I would have had on Inductions - Time to see if we have any other HERPS among us in VR.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
21:05:58 Jul 23 2009
Read 3,924 times

Kyriel,

I've fixed that issue. Thank you for reporting it.

•  REPLY  •

Kabal
Kabal
Primogenitor (99)
[ Give / Take ]
Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
23:46:44 Jul 23 2009
Read 3,883 times

i try to give position to my pupils, but it won't let me list them as what they are, what the story on that.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
00:37:45 Jul 24 2009
Read 3,867 times

I'm not sure what you're asking. You'll have to be more specific and detailed.

•  REPLY  •

Nightgame
Nightgame
Superior Sire (144)
Honor: 30
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Umbrae Octo is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Umbrae Octo
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
00:53:17 Jul 24 2009
Read 3,860 times

Kabal, make sure when you edit their position that you un-check regular member when you are checking the other position you are giving them. Such as un-check Regular member and check Forum Master and then it should work.

•  REPLY  •

XTCraver
XTCraver

No Longer Registered
05:00:55 Jul 24 2009
Read 3,802 times

BIG QUESTION SINCE I PLAN TO DO MANY PAGES LIKE THIS.

I am putting books into a nav box and making my own pages for it in my mentor section. When I press update everything shows up fine, but when I click off the page and then click back to it later, the coding is cut off. I have looked through and there is nothing wrong with the coding. I have even tested the code in my coven and journal and it works fine. Is there some sort of text limit we have in the page's edit section?

•  REPLY  •

Lethargy
Lethargy
Sire (106)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of Caomhnõir-an-Eolas
Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
08:29:08 Jul 24 2009
Read 3,757 times

Cancer can you put a link in the user menu. This would make it easier for member to access there Mentorship.

•  REPLY  •

Lightningsking
Lightningsking

No Longer Registered
14:47:57 Jul 24 2009
Read 3,708 times

When someone either accepts/ or denys our invite can we get a message sent to us stating that they either accepted or denied

•  REPLY  •

Lightningsking
Lightningsking

No Longer Registered
15:19:01 Jul 24 2009
Read 3,699 times

Is the Assistant Mentor Master supposed to be able to invite to the Mentorships. If not can this be done

•  REPLY  •

DMZ
DMZ
Illusionist (78)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 15 years.
15:33:47 Jul 24 2009
Read 3,696 times

is their going to be a page made in the users level section that is going to list all of the people who are mentors?

•  REPLY  •

Lightningsking
Lightningsking

No Longer Registered
19:29:44 Jul 24 2009
Read 3,648 times

My message master sent out a group message and it was in the system folder and not the society folder. I was wondering if system is the correct place for it to show up?

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
20:00:18 Jul 24 2009
Read 3,635 times

XTCraver,

Yes, there is a physical limit to how much text can be put on a custom page, but I doubt you've hit the limit. It's 65k.

So this means you're probably trying to insert something not allowed, or your browser is doing something funky.

BleedingMassacre,

I'm going to add that link later today.

xxBlackHawkxx,

I'm not going to set that up. Here's why:

1. If you invite someone, and they say yes, you'll see them in your pupil list.

2. If you invite someone and they decline, they will not be in your pupil list and their name will disappear from the 'pending invitations' list.

3. If someone you have invited has neither accepted nor declined, you'll see their name in the pending invitations list.

So by reviewing your Mentor pages, you can quickly determine what is going on. A notification message is not necessary.

In regard to invitations, only the Mentor can send invitations. This is to encourage more active Mentors and not let them slack off via their assistants.

DMZ,

There will not be an 'All Mentors' page, but there is an All Mentorships page (in the Members menu). This page lists Mentorships with 1 or more pupils. If a level 80+ has set up a Mentorship, but has no pupils, they won't be listed on this page.

The page is sorted by number of pupils first, with ties being broken by senority (age) of Mentorship creation.

xxBlackHawkxx,

Mentorships have nothing to do with Societies. Therefore, messages are sent to the System box.

•  REPLY  •

LordRazr
LordRazr

No Longer Registered
21:28:26 Jul 24 2009
Read 3,612 times

I know XTC mentioned this but i'm also having problems with my nav box and i'm copying the entire code from my coven to the mentorship pages basiclly just transfering the code from one place to the other and it's not working but it works fine in the coven pages

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
21:35:43 Jul 24 2009
Read 3,608 times

Put the code into a txt file, upload it to your File Storage, then send me a Message link to the file. I'll examine it, try to create the custom page, and fix whatever is wrong.

•  REPLY  •

Marix
Marix
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
07:08:36 Jul 25 2009
Read 3,521 times

Could you add a link on members profiles to invite them into a mentorship?

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
Honor: 105,371
[ Give / Take ]
Cartomancer is the Hand of the Prince.
16:35:50 Jul 25 2009
Read 3,480 times

Hey Marix, this isn't like the societies. There's a link on profiles for society inductions because those are forcible and can happen without sending a note and asking.

Consider mentorships like groups on scifisection.com and powerpunks.com, there's a 'form' you fill out with an optional message for your invite. Where it is now is uniform with the other Dark Network sites.

•  REPLY  •

Marix
Marix
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
23:31:40 Jul 25 2009
Read 3,425 times

Well, could there at least be a link that leads to the invite section with their name already in the box?

•  REPLY  •

CryingMist
CryingMist
Royal Sire (212)
[ Give / Take ]
00:14:34 Jul 26 2009
Read 3,419 times

I think a link would overflow the new users inbox, as most will instantly click on it, resulting in like 30 or 40 messages per day coming in.

And the new user have a limited number of messages they can send, so it would be very hard for them to reply or declin the invite since it is like a message in their inbox.

•  REPLY  •

DeadlyXDesire
DeadlyXDesire
Daywalker (94)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The Coven of Purgatory
04:31:47 Jul 26 2009
Read 3,387 times

I have a banner but for some reason it isn't showing up under the mentorship page. It shows up on my main page though.

•  REPLY  •

CryingMist
CryingMist
Royal Sire (212)
[ Give / Take ]
05:06:06 Jul 26 2009
Read 3,378 times

empty your memory cache and you will see it.

•  REPLY  •

TumorNamedMarla
TumorNamedMarla
Venerable Sire (135)
[ Give / Take ]
07:21:18 Jul 26 2009
Read 3,352 times

When does the mentor get the points??

I have two pupils so far and they have the points but I don't yet.

•  REPLY  •

07:22:26 Jul 26 2009
Read 3,350 times

Mentors do not receive the 1% increase to their status.

•  REPLY  •

CryingMist
CryingMist
Royal Sire (212)
[ Give / Take ]
16:52:45 Jul 26 2009
Read 3,307 times

the bonus is only for the pupils

Mentorship is the Mentor helping giving.
The bonus we get is to know we did a good job, we have made a difference. (at least for me it is a bonus)

•  REPLY  •

ToxicKitten
ToxicKitten
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Art (Coven)
08:13:12 Jul 27 2009
Read 3,224 times

Cancer,

My details master asked me why they can " disband " the mentorship.

I told them they can't. but the wanted me to ask why they can still see it.

•  REPLY  •

LordVerbal
LordVerbal
Great Sire (116)
[ Give / Take ]
10:05:41 Jul 27 2009
Read 3,213 times

I hope I'm not in the wrong for saying this, but, I think mentors should get some sort of extra bonus as well, it just seems, you know, if your a teacher, you should get paid. lol...

•  REPLY  •

CryingMist
CryingMist
Royal Sire (212)
[ Give / Take ]
16:16:50 Jul 27 2009
Read 3,183 times

mentorship is not about reciveing but about giving.

the concept of mentor is to allow another to learn and grow, not to get paid like a teacher, it is not a job, but a vonlonteer offer, genuine of assistance to help another blossom and evovle on vr.

if you are doing it for the bonus or for something you will get in return, maybe you should not do it, if you are doing it because you enoy helping and wish to contribute then, you are a generous person and a valued one.

Mentor is a choice, not an obligation, it is something you decided to do, not something Cancer placed upon you or request of you.

It is an oportunity and a priviledge given, so you can share your experience and knowledge of vr, and along the way help others with theirs.

this post was in no way meant to offend anyone, I think that all vr users are great and have potential, but like in reality, each of us have out streinght and our not so strong traits. But still everyone is valued and worthy.

I for one, mentor just because I wish to give back what I received already from Vr, and its staff member.

If mentoring was aobut getting in return, it would not be mentoring, it would be a burden like any day job.

My reward for mentoring is the warm feeling in my heart that I have done my best and helped someone today. The day we get someone for mentor, I probably will stop mentoring. as it will have lost its value.

•  REPLY  •

vamplez
vamplez
High Sire (154)
[ Give / Take ]
16:36:41 Jul 27 2009
Read 3,179 times

I just started mine. I like it. I do wish that the Mentor was on top of members list like the CM is on top of covens member list.

•  REPLY  •

therealthing
therealthing
Baronial Sire (170)
[ Give / Take ]
19:18:31 Jul 27 2009
Read 3,166 times

I just wanted to comment that I think the mentorship program is awesome. And will probably cut down the volume of messages that administration has to deal with, because pupils can ask their mentor questions in their mentor group forum.
It also provides the beginning level people an opportunity to make friends easier, learn the ropes easier, feel more welcome, etc...

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
23:08:53 Jul 27 2009
Read 3,130 times

DreamlessNight,

They can see it. But if they click disband, it will fail. They see it because they have access to the setup page. But as the instructions say, "Only the Mentor can perform this action."

chrisg4202000,

Mentors work for free ;P

therealthing,

Yes, a whelp can join a Mentorship, unlike Societies. A whelp cannot post in VR's public forum, but can post in a Mentorship forum.

•  REPLY  •

LordVerbal
LordVerbal
Great Sire (116)
[ Give / Take ]
03:17:31 Jul 28 2009
Read 3,102 times

All B.S. aside, the mentor system is pretty awesome, bonus or not, I like sharing anything I know with anyone who wants to hear it.

•  REPLY  •

MaximusPain
MaximusPain
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
Poison (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Poison (Coven)
07:28:02 Jul 28 2009
Read 3,079 times

Question here............If one of your pupils hits level 80 will they have to leave or will they be allowed to stay?

•  REPLY  •

LordRazr
LordRazr

No Longer Registered
07:49:18 Jul 28 2009
Read 3,075 times

I just sent a message in my mentorship like i do with my coven and for some reason it ended up in the master messages why is that ?

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
08:36:48 Jul 28 2009
Read 3,066 times

MaximusPain,

Pupils are automatically withdrawn from a Mentorship when they hit level 80.

RazrTheHollowAngel,

Mentor messages are delivered to the System box.

•  REPLY  •

LordRazr
LordRazr

No Longer Registered
08:42:19 Jul 28 2009
Read 3,061 times

ok but do the members of the mentorship see them

•  REPLY  •

Indulgence
Indulgence
Noble Sire (163)
[ Give / Take ]
09:02:36 Jul 28 2009
Read 3,057 times

Regular members have a "System" folder too... so, yeah.

•  REPLY  •

CarnelianMyst
CarnelianMyst
Sire (100)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of La Bella Oscuridad
03:10:10 Jul 29 2009
Read 2,981 times

I had 4 pupils and am now down to 3. One who was not even close to level 80 is gone, and I didn't kick him out. He is not in another mentorship...wonder what happened? Some kind of funky glitch?

•  REPLY  •

XTCraver
XTCraver

No Longer Registered
03:26:51 Jul 29 2009
Read 2,979 times

Pupils can leave when they want, they probably just left without telling you.

•  REPLY  •

Kabal
Kabal
Primogenitor (99)
[ Give / Take ]
Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
03:33:50 Jul 30 2009
Read 2,870 times

how do you get storage unit to post, i got a sound bit, that says it is acceptable to use, but won't post when i add it after it in storage and i take code and post it

•  REPLY  •

Serenity
Serenity
Premiere Sire (127)
[ Give / Take ]
18:46:43 Aug 01 2009
Read 2,660 times

verify the format to make sure it works.

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by TheRat on Aug 31 2010  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.5484 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X