FrankensteinGirl
Ferine (29)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 14 years.
03:47:28 Oct 24 2009
Read 1,277 times

A predominant theme in a philosophy close to my heart is the belief that "We are all gods in our own right." Taking this belief to a fantastical extreme let's say that accepting this "fact" gave you a deity-like standing in the universe, all other possible terrestrial shenanigans aside, would you choose to use your powers to create life?
What form would that creation take?
Would you create equals or slaves?
What would be your reasons for not utilizing this ability?

Dominar edit: I have moved this thread.
-D

•  REPLY  •

Firmament
Firmament

No Longer Registered
10:05:46 Oct 24 2009
Read 1,246 times

Well. The creation of life as 'equals' in autonomy of freelance of individualism and complete knowledge would be disastrous in a way more faster paced than the destruction taking place with an ignorant based civilization acquiring new discoveries through the scale of time, so it has to be somehow a very well designed and complex idealism, that would exceed my capabilities of judgement, putting a roll in a human would be the same as putting the roll to a dictator, they will just judge by their morals and philosophies and assimilate all the rest as flawed concepts and ideologies. So you could find yourself stumbling on the "good-bad" rock of perception in scale of the standing of a higher form, at the end the idea of a god-like figure would be flawed in the diversity of belief systems as we see today or the totalitarian idea that their is someone higher than you for the designed variable could be respected with intellectual maturity setting aside all the "power" connotations of a creator. No wonder why we are in the ignorant path until we are further capable of understanding other complexities of our origins with time and advancements.

To answer the question directly, To be a god-creator would be like creating the fear itself to a design variable that can rationalize (as we do) what is happening and would kill to find answers; fear is not a god-like trait if you are not part of a band (good/evil) so the influence of both cannot be direct into a personification or being so to speak, if you give all the answers you would find a spoiled experiment worthy of nothing more than you created a biological robot, and if you isolate too much you will find yourself being a supernatural entity without any merit of understanding. So I guess we don't know -now- for a purpose, and that itself is that life is experienced by trial and errors, if we are given everything there is to know and have, we wouldn't have that touch of freelancing of decisions, with the paths to choose you can debate your life upon your own weight. So we might be slave physically but inside that system(dimension or however you put it) you have a freedom to reach other levels personally (ascending in social standing of influence), And I guess (as a god) I would've make my designed group slaves as well, would've change a little the whole confusion of gods in all the different cultures, probably pop the "reality" much faster than orchestrated in our own "reality". Then again we could be influence of another influence not directly influenced by that "Universal God of creation" but another persons deeds, so the idea of a God of everything is so much much complex than my cells are.

•  REPLY  •

Irony
Irony
Sire (102)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
11:42:11 Oct 24 2009
Read 1,243 times

I would create life, but not necessarily 'equal' life. This stems a lot from me disliking the human race as a whole and having a firm belief that they exploit things way too much. I would probably end up creating Eden and missing out the Adam and Eve part:P

•  REPLY  •

deathnitegrl
deathnitegrl
Venerable Sire (131)
[ Give / Take ]
House Eternal is a member of an Alliance

Member of House Eternal
Vampire Rave member for 19 years.
21:12:24 Oct 24 2009
Read 1,236 times

Equal, no discrimination and such where everyone can be free to be their ownselves.

•  REPLY  •

Artume
Artume
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The Coven of Purgatory
Vampire Rave member for 15 years.
00:08:47 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,230 times

We are the world, we are the children? No, no, no... Wrong thread.

Since history always repeats itself, I would take it upon myself to create a new garden of eden, then watch as the evolution of being takes place and utterly destroys itself over and over again.

Oh wait, that is already happening. Don't say I didn't try.

•  REPLY  •

FrankensteinGirl
FrankensteinGirl
Ferine (29)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
04:04:25 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,221 times

But why does what you create have to be human? Or even relevant to current existence at all? Obviously it would have to relate enough to be entertaining/fulfilling to watch and experience but I sure wouldn't create a being in my own image, I know how humans act. What's next? New senses, new abilities, new biological make up, physical state, awareness? An abstract that slowly reaffirms itself and becomes a solid truth through evolution and refinement. Yep, that's the ticket. For me at least.

•  REPLY  •

Artume
Artume
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
05:46:56 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,216 times

Ah, but I did not specify which type of being... I stated "the evolution of being." Which would entail all mitochondria on the grandest of scales.

In english, all life as the earth knows it... From a one cell organism that cannot fly, to a multy celled organism that can do many wonderful things.

•  REPLY  •

Firmament
Firmament

No Longer Registered
06:23:45 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,214 times

If thats the case of other being other than humans then I can create a "purple people eater" race =)

•  REPLY  •

venumstings
venumstings
Aggressor (83)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
06:40:19 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,212 times

O-ho-ho

how come man become god.... he even can not cure te sick such as cancer patient or aids patient.

ma only means of creation and materials and matters are already available due to mercy of the creator in this universe...

what life take form from elements, dark element and conscious (prana) available everywhere in the universe...

how man can create these elements orconsciousness from zero if they were not available in the universe?

Even quantum can not break the zero to give these matters by exploding the zero to +e+++ counted tons of energy to create these elements. there is no fusion or fission tech of zero breaking...

•  REPLY  •

Firmament
Firmament

No Longer Registered
06:49:52 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,210 times

I believe she refers as if you had the power of that of a God or higher being ( in regards of your personal judgement or overview of life systems), not involving in the whole human capacity to administer such decision, cause we all know we can't create anything without having natural repercussions due to our singular expectancy of desired goal in given experiment without conceiving all the possibilities of errors and effects of other variables. I guess we can have the privilege to play such roll in a more mature state of being in a not so far future.

•  REPLY  •

Artume
Artume
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
07:02:37 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,208 times

I think this is a hypothetical discussion, serious answers are welcomed, but we seem to be discussing improbable scenerios here.

If man were to hypothetically become something that he cannot, what would he do? How would he create the world, in his image.. Or that of those purple people eaters?

•  REPLY  •

Firmament
Firmament

No Longer Registered
07:26:58 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,205 times

Hmm hypothetically speaking i would've have some variance, maybe an wide array of humanoids: cat-like, dog-like, reptile-like, bird-like, ape-like, etc.. All with the capacities of equal rationalization, pretty sure there would be wars between groups in the whole argument of: who god created first in arrangement of "ordinal relevance", that would be something interesting to see as a mythical being outside their plane with a system and scenario pretty much like that we experience currently. Hmm sounds outlandishly wrong just the thought of creating different species with same capacity in order to squeeze entertainment.

•  REPLY  •

venumstings
venumstings
Aggressor (83)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
07:27:39 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,204 times

Well I would form direless creation which after its life again merged toelements painlessly and again take form to balance the kinship of avaialable kinds and this way the expansion of the matters such as planets and there living conditions and introducing new forms of life each time and leadingall that kinships or beings including vegetation or micro bio cultures that forming beautiful fantastic scenerios and complete happiness, hamony and love. yes only dire of love alive and nothing else and the theme of birth will be the same as it is now but painless or woundless. their growth by feeding the elements directly from the air and life age be as per thechoice of individual butend not before due age. all complete natural no dependency on other beings or kin.

No need to cut the tree or pant no need to snatch cotton. the means of transport be their own velocity able to reach in shortest period to thedesired place.

•  REPLY  •

Firmament
Firmament

No Longer Registered
07:34:07 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,201 times

That would be the equivalent of having bio-robots..

•  REPLY  •

venumstings
venumstings
Aggressor (83)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
07:53:48 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,195 times

Nope that is not robo culture but thec ivilization grown on the basis of love and happiness & creativity and parasite nature removed from them and still combinely they have nice creativity to do and even new beings and planet space and other planets are introduced to them.

Oops I typed pant instead of it was plant by typing error...

•  REPLY  •

Artume
Artume
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
08:04:27 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,191 times

Again ~Firmament~, my statement of "history always repeats itself" stands firm with your post of the altered species equivalency.

In real time, we all know that all races are fighting amongst themselves out of racism, oil, and just plain stupidity.

If we add the fictional characters into a new frey, it will more then likely take the shape of either the old series: Alien Nation, or (name your favorite sci-fi alien-esque drama here).

•  REPLY  •

Firmament
Firmament

No Longer Registered
08:05:34 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,190 times

I understand but regarding on the laws of nature, you cannot have harmony without disruption, then what scale does the civilization grasp on the evolutionary growth in regards of spiritual and freelance of self evolution, the scenario you represent would be equivalent of walking in circles forever or a Heaven perse' (utopic frozen dream) Then there would be no relevance of creation if what is done is but a eternal cycle of harmony. The scale must be placed somehow to have a purpose other than a spoiled creation where you give all the tools of conformity and harmony, when the beautiful essence of one (creation with free rationality) would be the beginning of confusion and destruction crawling its way up to the mature state of self independent resolution just by themselves, not a perfect start to end in.. well in a perfect start. Thats what I mean by creating Bio-robots.

•  REPLY  •

venumstings
venumstings
Aggressor (83)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
08:24:07 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,186 times

Well machines and robos do not have consciousness and if they provided consciousness, they become creature.. this is the difference in bio culture and robos from mind, intellact and nerve commands and emotions and sentments. I only erased all type of negativity. the source as negativity do not remain the creativity will not be self destructing... they wil not hunt each other or will not violant and will not greedy of cnatching from others. but creaitvity and love and harmony will be their dire, what i need today.

•  REPLY  •

Artume
Artume
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
08:30:28 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,183 times

I guess what I am trying to sum up here, is a scenerio unlike what has been seen on earth after millions of years. A concept that has yet to take place. Screw the world peace, ending hunger crap.

I am describing a differant type of scenerio, such as a butterfly effect of sorts, where all of space and time are combined with the evolutionary process.

Picture that world.

•  REPLY  •

Firmament
Firmament

No Longer Registered
08:41:22 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,180 times

So is the idea that every individual has the right to change their time and space as desired in their singular "reality"? and the world he/she lives is but another conformity in independence of events? then wouldn't that be a superficial life? I mean I can design my path and the world I would be living is but my dreams... Tempting but where the keyword "evolutionary process" in the game? how many times you have to change your reality if you are in paradise orchestrating the butterfly effect in your dimensional time/space?

•  REPLY  •

Artume
Artume
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
08:51:13 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,178 times

Evolution is a physical thing. It may exist where space and time are formatted with a select clause to it. Aging still takes place, no problem. This does not contend with the time differance. Just because the individual is floating through a time stream, does not mean that said individual does not age accordingly. Hell, they could just as easily grow younger or older, or even sprout wings or horns depending on the time slot they have chosen, if the conditions are right.

•  REPLY  •

Firmament
Firmament

No Longer Registered
09:02:39 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,176 times

Evolution can be expressed in Intellectual and spiritual evolution as well, That what I was referring, as the scenarios you both are bringing are more into a perfect world for individuals where both can get away with everything avoiding any purpose of anything but personal conformity. I mean think about it, you will be a god watching people doing what they want for eternity, and giving them the tools to change their reality into utopia, what can you gain with that other than a boring movie? or what purpose you have of creating something you could know how it will end( just like it started), so we will have people making their reality to rape little girls if they wish so, cause they can mingle with their time/space and control the cause and effect ( in soulshroude creation) And we will have people dancing naked harmoniously eating tree without harming them for all eternity (in venumstrings creation), hehe just a picture no offense people =)

•  REPLY  •

Artume
Artume
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
09:22:56 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,172 times

hell, I only brought up the perfect world scenerio as e pluribus unum. There are several differant scenerios as well as theories that could relate to each scenerio respectively.

There could even be a war sought scenerio where it is always based on the video games: Killzone, or Resistance.

Or even like the movies: Heavy Metal, and Titan A.E.

•  REPLY  •

venumstings
venumstings
Aggressor (83)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
10:07:53 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,170 times

Its amazing....

•  REPLY  •

shadowfever
shadowfever
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
14:20:10 Oct 25 2009
Read 1,167 times

Perhaps I would create a few more Liliths and few less Eves.

•  REPLY  •

Vincentthelost
Vincentthelost
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
11:48:39 Oct 27 2009
Read 1,151 times

I would create many races all humanoid although there would be some that wouldn't be so human-like. I would create vampires and lycans anew and as understanding equals. elves, fairies, and the such would have their homes in the deep forest if it was what they wished. there would also be creatures that would keep the world in balance when I left. But, the human race would either be turned to either a Vampire or a Lycan.

•  REPLY  •

GalFriday
GalFriday
Dybbuk (76)
[ Give / Take ]
Enlightened Souls (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Enlightened Souls (Coven)
01:33:52 Oct 29 2009
Read 1,136 times

I've been thinking about the dichotomy of human perception, the physical vs mental cogs that run our existence. I think I would create a purely cerebral creature. Imagine being able to see with your feet and navigate purely on a whim. The trouble would be like herding electrons though (much like cats those rascally subatomic particles!) in that there would be the potential for blinking in an out of existence at random. Hrm... a few kinks to work out it seems....

•  REPLY  •

venumstings
venumstings
Aggressor (83)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
17:21:57 Oct 29 2009
Read 1,125 times

Hows about fibre life just like photon fibres but stable and if any obstacle come it moves automaticaly and recollect self and become one again... but carry energy too and not mortal till universe fold itself... even blackhole can not end that life... when black hole appear it divrt from it transforming in dark matter and from away again transform to light...

•  REPLY  •

Firmament
Firmament

No Longer Registered
18:48:09 Oct 29 2009
Read 1,123 times

PErhaps you are starting to understand the work of another being.

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 147
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
21:33:16 Oct 29 2009
Read 1,121 times

As we write our little opinion in this thread, some medical student or some chemistry apprendice, is trying to create some type of a new evolution of humans, it is call CLONING. It is happening and I do know that because I do work with some of them. For some, cloning is agains their "religious" believe, but for others, is a new chapter in this so called life. If you can create a human with a heart and mind that only produce good and no evil, will you do it? ...

•  REPLY  •

MeanMeanMrTu
MeanMeanMrTu
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]
Poison (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Poison (Coven)
19:01:11 Oct 30 2009
Read 1,107 times

I will state my initial thought here...I think everyone would create a world that glorified them to the fullest...*ponders*...where have I heard that before? An ego is a powerful thing...couple that with omnipotence...what else could possibly happen?

•  REPLY  •

Territhian
Territhian
Evil Spirit (60)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
00:20:14 Nov 01 2009
Read 1,089 times

I would try to create a being of knowledge. One who would go to the end of the world to find the truths

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
01:22:45 Nov 01 2009
Read 1,087 times

I would rather be Natural Selection then a supreme being.. Letting people off themselves in entertain ways is much more amusing. Lets face it humankind is protecting the real threat to our species.. simply by putting labels that say " Warning Contents Hot" on coffee cups we are allowing the gene pool to be polluted.

•  REPLY  •

Firmament
Firmament

No Longer Registered
01:30:27 Nov 01 2009
Read 1,085 times

I've heard that before in some humor video.

•  REPLY  •

GalFriday
GalFriday
Dybbuk (76)
[ Give / Take ]
Enlightened Souls (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Enlightened Souls (Coven)
02:24:09 Nov 01 2009
Read 1,081 times

I don't know if you can be Natural Selection... You could probably act as a catalyst to it, infiltrating people's psyche to manipulate or deafen their common sense/sense of self preservation or simply concocting situations in which the perceptive prevail and the inept are doomed.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
02:29:06 Nov 01 2009
Read 1,078 times

I like your angle on that Gal Friday!

To hinder natural selection would be.. akin to acting as "a savior" perhaps? You caught my jest.. thanks.

•  REPLY  •

Erinyes
Erinyes
Royal Sire (206)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
13:47:48 Nov 01 2009
Read 1,072 times

i would create an oposer that was agianst what i was for only because look at the xian good he has satan and look how much satan has kept the xian god alive today i dont believe without an oposer one would last long in keeping their believers true to their works.

•  REPLY  •

FrankensteinGirl
FrankensteinGirl
Ferine (29)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
15:30:37 Feb 26 2010
Read 1,025 times

Oh 'Friday and Dabbler, please continue! I hadn't thought about creating forces of life along with beings...

•  REPLY  •

coolleyhou
coolleyhou

No Longer Registered
16:04:39 Feb 26 2010
Read 1,018 times

I would create life exactly as it is, with but this one exception; the moment you become an ignorant twit, you drop dead. No two minute warning...just...bang, you're out of here. Eventually, I myself would self-destruct. On a more serious note, I see some of us getting carried away with the "what if I was god" fantasy. Since none of us possess absolute knowledge, I don't think we can even hypothesize or speculate on what it would be like to be the creator of all things. Our minds are much too finite to even seriously grasp that concept. Anyone who would argue that has got ego issues. Its a fun thread, though.

•  REPLY  •

VagabondVille
VagabondVille
Spook (24)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
17:33:49 Feb 26 2010
Read 1,008 times

I reject the finality of that "dismissal" (talk about ego issues), this is about creating a new plane of existence and so knowledge of this one is a moot point. In the life we create all that we know is all that there is. A fancy indulgence yes, but one fit for discussion.

I like the cerebral being idea, it's a new spin on the corralling of energy (isn't that all life is? A pretty package for recycling energy?).

•  REPLY  •

littleblackkitten
littleblackkitten

No Longer Registered
19:34:18 Mar 07 2010
Read 987 times

I would recreate Adam and Eve and let Adam be the one who eats the apple so that everything can be blamed on men. lol!

•  REPLY  •

SireZombie
SireZombie

No Longer Registered
23:10:37 Mar 07 2010
Read 981 times

I would be happy all by myself and not create the disaster known as "intelligent life."

(of course, I use the term "intelligent" here loosely. As human intelligence is so vastly limited)

•  REPLY  •

SireZombie
SireZombie

No Longer Registered
23:13:47 Mar 07 2010
Read 978 times

On a side note...

Most things in this world are blamed on men.

•  REPLY  •

SireZombie
SireZombie

No Longer Registered
23:19:36 Mar 07 2010
Read 973 times

Oh sorry, I forgot...

The "fall of man" didn't occur until Adam ate the fruit. So biblicly speaking, Adam was to blame since God held him accountable for the garden. Not Eve.

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
03:51:05 Mar 08 2010
Read 961 times

Maybe ultimately the responsibility for the "Fall of Man" fell on "Adam." But there has never been any doubt throughout all of history from Biblical times until today in religion that "Eve" was the one truly responsible for having fallen into "temptation" and, thus, forced "Adam" to also eat or else "Eve" would have been thrown out of "Eden" and there would have been no children between them... and, according to the Bible, no Human race... no us. So "Adam" was forced by "Eve's" "sin" to do the only thing he could so as to begin the Human race by joining her in eating the "Forbidden Fruit."

Thus, what "Eve" (Woman) did was weak and sinful and disobedient while what "Adam" (Man) did was honorable and necessary and forced upon him by the weak woman given him. See how it works? See how the misogyny in all Judeo-Christian-Islamic religions got started?

This is why ever since it has been women who have been blamed and punished and treated as second-class citizens by all Judeo-Christian-Islamic cultures as the "weaker vessel" and unable to resist temptation.

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

xTigressx
xTigressx

No Longer Registered
04:13:44 Mar 08 2010
Read 958 times

This is very true but couldnt it be said that us man are weak or our mind clouded by the female gender because Adam was tricked by Eve. The male race has always be deemed the stronger sex but we can be easily fooled into doing something by the weaker sex. Does that really make them the weaker sex? Was Adams actions really honourable?

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
05:43:55 Mar 08 2010
Read 954 times

CountWallaby - "This is very true but couldnt it be said that us man are weak or our mind clouded by the female gender because Adam was tricked by Eve. The male race has always be deemed the stronger sex but we can be easily fooled into doing something by the weaker sex. Does that really make them the weaker sex? Was Adams actions really honourable?"

While I'm sure such was unintentional, your way of looking at things is precisely the means by which males have heaped scapegoating onto the misogyny against women down through the millennia. It's women's fault, and if men do anything wrong... well, guess what, it's still women's fault.

This scapegoating by which men blame women for not only women's mistakes and indiscretions but also their own, as well. This is where the term "bewitched" came from... which was precisely what sparked the "Burning Times" in which hundreds of thousands of females (women and girls) were burned at the stake. This is also the (il)logic of Islamic cultures in which women must cover their faces and bodies so as not to "easily fool" men "into doing something by the weaker sex" (as you put it) that is sinful. And on and on and on.

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
16:15:19 Mar 08 2010
Read 944 times

I am on a quest for preexisting texts, I wonder often how those oral traditions plazerized by Judeo-Christian-Muslim founders presented the " origin of humans".

There are as many " origins" of humankind, as there are cultures, and tribes before that.

Some myths/ lore was abolished, others added as ammendments to the crusaders " sacred text".

•  REPLY  •

VagabondVille
VagabondVille
Spook (24)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
17:10:04 Mar 08 2010
Read 940 times

Trying to separate original religious lore from adopted customs is like trying to strain out the vodka from Jungle Juice. There are too many clever additives to pick out all of them with any certainty, the mulling is complete, man.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
18:15:36 Mar 08 2010
Read 937 times

True indeed.

Any religion that wants to appeal to a newly conquered culture had to be ever so subtle, or completley condemning when it came to the local lore, legend, and myths.

Either outright condemn them, or reinterprete them.

•  REPLY  •

SireZombie
SireZombie

No Longer Registered
18:50:24 Mar 08 2010
Read 931 times

Upir

I know we are not permitted to have religious debates in the forum so, there is no way to respond to your post.

I have to disagree with Adam doing the "honorable" thing though. Adam was tempted by Eve, just as Eve was tempted by the serpent. In scripture, it is NEVER "honorable" to disobey God.

For the sake of keeping the peace, I'll shut up now.

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
18:55:56 Mar 08 2010
Read 927 times

In reality most are able to consider procreating, to opt is to except the enivitable rebellion of ones offspring, along with the occasional adoration.

•  REPLY  •

SireZombie
SireZombie

No Longer Registered
18:58:40 Mar 08 2010
Read 926 times

Sorry again...

Might I also add that, yes Adam (as well as many other foolish men) did blame Eve for his "sin." But, you failed to mention that Eve blamed the serpent (Satan) for her "sin."

Male or female, fools always point the finger at someone else for their mistakes.

The bottom line lesson in all of this is...take responsibility for your own actions.

•  REPLY  •

carkiller88
carkiller88
Ophidian (66)
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 19 years.
19:39:30 Mar 08 2010
Read 918 times

i would create life and there would be discrimination... if there wasnt discrimination there wouldnt be a mixture of cultures.... and i would want my creations to be very diverse... i would want each creation to have something that its very good at and i would want each of my creations to rely on others to survive..... so that the group is as weak as the weakest person in it... that way everyone strives to make everyone else better and not just themselves....

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
19:49:44 Mar 08 2010
Read 915 times

I would require Sacrifice, mass sacrifice.

Population control. Sure.

I would make it so that if anyone wanted to be devoted to Me, they would have to register to be a sacrifice, then one twice a year there would be a pit dug, all devotees would jump in, and be buried alive.

Of course they would have to pull a rope to dump the dirt, because no one
would care to fufill My commandment.

•  REPLY  •

LordWolf
LordWolf
Charmer (84)
Honor: -9
[ Give / Take ]

Member of House Eternal
01:48:19 Mar 09 2010
Read 905 times

i might create klingons and set them loose on the universe lol

jokes aside we are fairly close to being able to create life. we know all the parts, and are just looking for ways to put them together.
~W~

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
03:14:17 Mar 09 2010
Read 899 times

ARSENICbiohazard -

I have to disagree with Adam doing the "honorable" thing though. Adam was tempted by Eve, just as Eve was tempted by the serpent. In scripture, it is NEVER "honorable" to disobey God.

I see your point, of course. I didn't mean that Adam was actually doing something "honorable," only that it could be interpreted as somewhat honorable given that had he (according to the legend) not also eaten, only Eve would have been kicked out thus preventing their ever being able to have children... and this would have prevented Humankind from existing on this planet. Again... according to the legend.

As for Eve blaming the serpent... yes, she did. However, discrimination against "serpents" doesn't exactly impact Humankind like the universal misogyny that has resulted from the Biblical condemnation of women as a result of the portrayal of the legendary Eve.

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

SireZombie
SireZombie

No Longer Registered
18:01:03 Mar 09 2010
Read 890 times

Upir,

So isn't it also possible that if Eve were kicked out of Eden, that God might just create another "perfect" woman for Adam? Or quite possibly do away with Eve altogether?

Also no, serpents aren't being persecuted for other's mistakes but, (as I pointed out) it was Satan that Eve was blaming, not a serpent persay.

You know, the old "the devil made me do it."

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
05:08:41 Mar 10 2010
Read 876 times

Interesting question... though, as it is a myth intended to teach a number of critical lessons (e.g., don't disobey God... don't listen to women... and women must obey their husbands), the possibility is a moot question. The primary point seems to be the above "lessons" that deal primarily with teaching men not to listen to women, who will always lead men astray, and for women to be subject to their husbands. Again... here we see the beginning of the virulent misogyny that has followed down through the ages in Judeo-Christian-Islamic cultures... of which the U.S. is, unfortunately, a part.

As for the serpent as Satan... actually, this is not at all validated anywhere in the Biblical account. While it has been assumed that the serpent is synonymous with "Satan," yet this is not at all stated nor even implied in Genesis.

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

xTigressx
xTigressx

No Longer Registered
08:44:05 Mar 10 2010
Read 871 times

I wouldnt, I would leave that to someone else

•  REPLY  •

SireZombie
SireZombie

No Longer Registered
14:19:59 Mar 10 2010
Read 865 times

Upir'

I have to disagree. But, I do thank you for the world view on the matter.

Fortunately, those "lessons" are not the one's I take from the story at all.

As far as it being "myth," that is an opinion.

•  REPLY  •

SireZombie
SireZombie

No Longer Registered
16:09:07 Mar 10 2010
Read 860 times

Ya know, the lesson I take from the story of Eden has nothing to do with any sexist notion.

For me, the lesson is simply, do not listen to ANYONE if what they are telling you goes in contrast to what God has told you. The fact that one was male and the other was female, has nothing to do with the lesson.

It really is a shame that people interpret this lesson as some sexist statement. But, I can see how they would. It is truly sad that the bigger lesson is lost to humankind.

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
20:29:27 Mar 10 2010
Read 848 times

ARSENICbiohazard - "Ya know, the lesson I take from the story of Eden has nothing to do with any sexist notion... It is truly sad that the bigger lesson is lost to humankind."

I cannot but disagree, as also does the Bible and history, itself.

If obedience to God is the "bigger lesson" here... then why was "Eve" forced to be subordinate to "Adam" when/if both disobeyed equally? Hmmm?

The only explanation, as seen through the Bible and history ever since, is that the "bigger lesson" was exactly as reiterated throughout the Old and New Testament, of which the following serve as only a small example:

“I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and
thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring
forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy
husband, and he shall rule over thee.”

– Genesis 3:16

“Let the woman learn in silence with all
subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach,
nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be
in silence. For Adam was first formed, then
Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the
woman being deceived was in the
transgression
.”

– 1 Timothy. 2:11‐14

"Do you know that each of you women is an Eve? The sentence of God on this sex of yours lives in this age; the guilt must necessarily live, too. You are the gate of hell, you are the temptress of the forbidden tree; you are the first deserter of the divine law."

- Tertullian, Early Church Father

"If a woman grows weary and at last dies from
childbearing, it matters not. Let her die from bearing, she is there to do it."

- Martin Luther

All of this... and far worse when one examines the deadly misogyny found in the "Malleus Maelficarum" (1484 CE) that sparked and fed the witch trials and "Burning Times"... prompted 19th‐century
feminist Elizabeth Cady Stanton to
write: “The Bible and the Church have
been the greatest stumbling blocks in
the way of woman’s emancipation.”

And as well indicated in the above quotes... it all began quite deliberately with the portrayal of Woman in the Garden of Eden.

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

SireZombie
SireZombie

No Longer Registered
20:37:07 Mar 10 2010
Read 845 times

I understand the point which you are trying to make but, I still disagree.

•  REPLY  •

FrankensteinGirl
FrankensteinGirl
Ferine (29)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
22:01:02 Mar 10 2010
Read 836 times

How did this become a theological discussion? Please don't kill my thread by being off topic :/

•  REPLY  •

UpirLikhyj
UpirLikhyj

No Longer Registered
22:44:08 Mar 10 2010
Read 832 times

My apologies, FrankensteinGirl... you are, of course, absolutely correct.

To answer the question for myself, I don't know as I would wish to create life. Instead, were I to have the claimed powers of such a "God" as found in religion, I would first wish to explore all that already is. Can you imagine how marvelous it would be to go anywhere, see anything and everything, and learn all that there is? For me, this would be ... well ... heaven!

Perhaps after a few million years doing all that, perhaps then I might be ready to think about "settling down" and creating my own "family" of life.

- Upir'

•  REPLY  •

dabbler
dabbler
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
23:10:26 Mar 10 2010
Read 826 times

More relavent, is the question." To procreate, or not to procreate?" I prefer not to procreate.

To carry that into the hypathetical.

This same reasoning, would I imagine, make me a very lonly Divine Entity.

•  REPLY  •

LordWolf
LordWolf
Charmer (84)
Honor: -9
[ Give / Take ]

Member of House Eternal
00:17:37 Mar 11 2010
Read 823 times

the bigger question might be one of free will. do we program certain restrictions into the dna, (no wars, no murders, etc), or do we let nature take its coarse?

personally i think it would be more interesting to watch if bad things can happen.
~W~

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by TheRat on Oct 25 2010  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.629 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X