My neighbor gave me 2 bags of shelled walnuts so.... time to make my fall cake. if you never had this before you have to try it. Warning though, your family will devour it:
Apple Harvest Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze
• (** I add to mine ½ teaspoon of nutmeg and I up the cinnamon to 1 teaspoon, also I add 1 1.2 cups of chopped walnuts)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups of granny smith apples diced small
• 1 cup chopped walnuts
• 1/2 cup butter or margarine
• 2 cups white sugar
• 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 3 eggs
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch Bundt pan.
• In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon *I also add nutmeg* and salt; stir into the batter just until blended. Fold in the apples and walnuts using a spoon. Pour into the prepared pan.
• Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the crown or the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes then invert on to a wire rack.
• Make the glaze by heating the butter, milk and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, then remove from the heat. Drizzle over the warm cake. I like to place a sheet of aluminum foil under the cooling rack to catch the drips for easy clean up.
|World Visitor Map|
02:21 Nov 16 2016
Whoa! Whoa! hold your horses!
You clearly forgot one of the ingredients. A leg of a human with a pinch of pepper and balmed in garlic and onion butter. >:)