You are not a Premium Member and you are blocking ads. You are using Vampire Rave for free. Vampire Rave relies on ads in order to operate. Please disable your Ad Blocker. This can easily be done for Vampire Rave only.
If you are using Chrome, click the red hand button at the top right of the screen:
Then select: Don't run on pages on this site
If you do it correctly, the red hand will turn to green and you will no longer see this message.
This is someone's interpretation of this song in which I agree with...
This is an amazing love song. I think it's about a girl who was probably sexually abused as a child and a guy who really wants to be with her, but can't because of her psychological trauma. Here is my interpretation...
Baby, I get so scared inside and I don't really understand
Is it love that's on my mind or is it fantasy
- She is afraid because the abuse that she faced as a child has left her with the inability to trust anyone. She doesn't know if she really loves the guy or if she is just going to use him as a temporary escape.
Heaven, is in the palm of my hand, and it's waiting here for you
What am I supposed to do with a childhood tragedy
- He is telling her that he loves her, but she needs to let go of her past. He is also asking himself how he can show her that he is serious and that he's not going to hurt her like the people from her past.
Sometimes it's hard to hold on
So hard to hold on to my dreams
It isn't always what it seems
When you're face to face with me
- He is losing hope and his dreams of a happy relationship with her are dying. She seems to be two different people and when they are together, he never knows which one to expect.
You're like a dagger
You stick me in the heart
And taste the blood from my blade
And when we sleep would you shelter me
In your warm and darkened grave
- She is very conflicted and is trying to let herself trust him and is still questioning whether or not he really loves her or if he is just playing a mind game with her.
Will you ever take me
No, I just can't take the pain
But would you ever trust me
No, I'll never feel the same
- She has finally let go of her past hurts and is now in love with him, but after the years of trying to no avail to get her to this point, the guy has lost hope and can't be with her because his feelings have changed and they will never be what they once were.
I know I've been so hard on you.
I know I've told you lies.
If I could have just one more wish,
I'd wipe the cobwebs from my eyes.
- She is apologizing to him for everything and is in regret, wishing that she could go back and love him from the start.
(Lita and Ozzy alternating)
If I close my eyes forever
Will it all remain unchanged
If I close my eyes forever
Will it all remain the same
- This is saying, "If we just start over and forget everything that happened, will it be any different?"
Then at the end where Ozzy says, "Close your eyes, close your eyes for me," he is saying, "Yes, I still love you, let's start over and try again."
That is my 2 cents anyways. This is such a beautiful song and to me it is one of the best things that Ozzy ever contributed to.