.
VR
Using the Mascara forum.
Love Me Please
•  Love Me Please Home  •   Forums Home  •



STABB666
STABB666
Superior Sire (140)
Posts: 1,517
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of La Bella Oscuridad
Vampire Rave member for 21 years.
17:15:05 Jul 14 2006
Read 1,276 times

Often, when I browse these threads, I find such things as multiple threads for one person, posts along the lines of "I will rate", followed by "I rated you", with more and often, even less relevant comments clearly being posted simply to gain a post count.

I can see why people want to respond with positive comments, such as "nice" or "I like xxxx part".

But what is the point in coming back with "I rated you."?

Please, can we try to be a bit more constructive in our feedback?

Many thanks.

:)




•  REPLY  •


MooniePie
MooniePie
Royal Sire (229)
Posts: 1,604
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 21 years.
17:29:29 Jul 14 2006
Read 1,270 times

I am SO glad you touched on this subject Stabb. This is something that drives me TOTALLY insane. When scrolling through almost all of these topics I see:

" I will go check now"

" Okay, I'm back and rated you."

I stopped looking at any of the profile/portfolio updates because of this.
Also, if you post you should REALLY look at someone's profile/portfolio. I have seen a few people "busted" out because they said they looked, like it, and come to find out the person never did.



•  REPLY  •


Surreal
Surreal
Overthrower (98)
Posts: 35
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
House Eternal is a member of an Alliance

Member of House Eternal
Vampire Rave member for 20 years.
17:35:22 Jul 14 2006
Read 1,264 times

THANK YOU!!!! Yes, that becomes absolutely horrifying when a thread is filled with "I'll go look now" or "I just rated you" type of comments.

Those take up space better used for constructive feedback so the person whoring out their profile knows what people like and don't like, and can take that into consideration next time they pimp themselves out.



•  REPLY  •


STABB666
STABB666
Superior Sire (140)
Posts: 1,517
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of La Bella Oscuridad
Vampire Rave member for 21 years.
17:46:46 Jul 14 2006
Read 1,259 times

I agree with both of your feelings on this.

This forum is not an excuse to rack up status, so, I've been cutting posts that are clearly pointless and unneccessary and will continue to do so.

No more bullshit please.

>;)



•  REPLY  •


syntheticdarkness
syntheticdarkness
Viper (75)
Posts: 272
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 21 years.
18:05:06 Jul 14 2006
Read 1,256 times

Thank you, i do agree greatly, as it is irksome when you bother to update your profile or write in your journal and then you get comments on your tread that just clutter it with thier irelivance



•  REPLY  •


STABB666
STABB666
Superior Sire (140)
Posts: 1,517
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of La Bella Oscuridad
Vampire Rave member for 21 years.
18:25:20 Jul 14 2006
Read 1,243 times

This is indeed a part of my own anti-bullshit drive.

Does it reeally take too much effort to engage Mr Brain for two minutes?





•  REPLY  •


sahahria
sahahria

No Longer Registered
18:41:44 Jul 14 2006
Read 1,236 times

♥

For some they will spend a lifetime trying to understand why we are so mean. No, once those little neurons get a firing they encourage others to do the same.

So to answer you, it's only hard to start :D



•  REPLY  •


meeper
meeper
Premiere Sire (122)
Posts: 914
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
Vampire Rave member for 20 years.
18:51:10 Jul 14 2006
Read 1,232 times

Wait a second, we are supposed to think and act logically here? C'mon I think you guys are asking too much of us common folk.

~smiles~

Just kidding.

I'm sure some think that stating "i'll rate" i rated" "cool pictures" "lol" all on seperate posts, are probably just trying to increase their posts, but as the wiseones have pointed out it doesn't really cultivate discussion (which I presume is the purpose of the the Forum, but then again what do I know I'm just a lil mosquito meeper :P )



•  REPLY  •


lownignitus
lownignitus
Great Sire (110)
Posts: 255
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 20 years.
19:37:30 Jul 14 2006
Read 1,222 times

I seldom add a thread to this section due to the fact I ask for feedback and never really get any. Its kind of a waste of time to do hrd work and ask for feed back to just be ignored on the feedback part.



•  REPLY  •


raziel
raziel
Great Sire (111)
Posts: 351
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 20 years.
23:06:20 Jul 14 2006
Read 1,204 times

i agree with stabb totally infact i added a profile update once and those were the only kinda of remarks i got if any at all, it seems that the whole section is just for many people to get more posts and status levels i will admit it im guilty of doing it myself accidentaly, but some of the dominars seem to RIA post based on their own personal thoughts and favoritism at least thats the way i have seen it, i think there should be rules on RIA and RIP for the threads of every section



•  REPLY  •


STABB666
STABB666
Superior Sire (140)
Posts: 1,517
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of La Bella Oscuridad
Vampire Rave member for 21 years.
23:44:42 Jul 14 2006
Read 1,197 times

There are set rules of what is explicitly not allowed.

However, it is down to the discretion of the individual Moderator to make a decision on anything which is not specifically covered by the rules.

Different Moderators will interperate threads and rules in their own way.



•  REPLY  •


Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Premiere Sire (126)
Posts: 449
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 20 years.
23:47:06 Jul 14 2006
Read 1,196 times

I don't like it when I post an update and I get a bunch of 'I'll rate it' posts. I REALLY don't like it when those ppl don't even rate it. Ppl with PM's can check this, you know... I want ppl to actually talk back to me and to take the time to LOOK at what I've done. These profiles are hard for some of us...and sometimes it's even harder for us to 'pimp' them out. I think it's all a matter of respect, really. This area shouldn't be used to gain status. Use the sandbox for that!!!


•  REPLY  •


Bones
Bones
Royal Sire (207)
Posts: 2,162
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Lunazure is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Lunazure
Vampire Rave member for 20 years.
09:17:28 Jul 15 2006
Read 1,182 times

There are also alot of times , newer or regular members, will post "nice pro" or "looks great", and they haven't even been to the profile....They dont realize premium members can see if they've actually visited. In cases like this should a dominar be notified ?



•  REPLY  •


Annerita
Annerita

No Longer Registered
14:08:31 Jul 15 2006
Read 1,173 times

I agree.





...Now how fun would it be if I simply posted a comment saying that??? It doesn't contribute to the discussion AT ALL, which is another thing that has bothered me from the very beginning.

Anyway...People, PLEASE, how difficult can it be to give some feedback? Skylla has a good point there, it's a matter of respect and appreciation of another person's hard work.
If you're not willing to actually take your time to read through the profile AND leave a comment, it's a waste of both bandwith and time that you post.

This is one of the best sites on the net, and it's about time we begin to appreciate it by behaving well in the forum instead of spreading this bullshit around.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to let my frustration out, Stabb... :)



•  REPLY  •


Batchyld
Batchyld

No Longer Registered
14:54:23 Jul 15 2006
Read 1,170 times

Stabb when i was a dominar ,even when i was an admin i feel as you do. Go look at the profile and then come back and reply. I call it post whoring. Are we really that pathetic just to get 10% to our levels? Yes posting is a part of leveling up, but wouldn't it be more rewarding and worthwhile posting quality rather then a unintelligable blurb of 2 words?

We are all guilty of doing this.lol

But ppl who do it left and right make me wanna do this :



Its frustrating having to man the forums and the site .Yes it is part of the job of being staff, but if we could make it easier for the staff maybe they to could come on and chill and have fun from time to time..Also it may not take up loads of space or bandwidth to post meaningless shit right now, but look at the total number of posts in the entire forum.Eventually it will bog the site down if it keeps up. Essentially it would be nice to have a pretty and clean and clutter free home to come into to discuss and comment on. Be fair to Cancer and his other staff and try to limit the amount of bs ...meaningless posts .It isn't that hard to go look first and then come back to the section and comment in the thread. That is my opinion on this :)


•  REPLY  •


SireKitsune
SireKitsune
Sire (100)
Posts: 176
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
House Eternal is a member of an Alliance

Member of House Eternal
Vampire Rave member for 20 years.
15:33:40 Jul 15 2006
Read 1,165 times

I agree! Nice posts! I'll have to do some research now!

why oh why does this happen? If you don't have something constructive whether good or bad why bother? Is your post count really that important? Nope. And do they realize that that stupid posts that are deleted take away said post? I always go visit a profile in a thread BEFORE I comment on it. How on earth can I comment or give my "criticism" (good or bad) if I don't know what is in it?



•  REPLY  •


Vladjack
Vladjack
Grave Robber (22)
Posts: 2
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 20 years.
17:40:40 Jul 15 2006
Read 1,155 times

I'll admit there are times I want to get just one more post onto the Forum to get that extra .10% that can put me over to the next level, but there are wordgames and other silliness in the Sandbox that are ideal for that.

When I check to see if there's anything new on the ostensibly more substantive threads, it's just a waste of time and effort to find it loaded up with so much flatulence.



•  REPLY  •


Willowstone
Willowstone
Carnal Creature (56)
Posts: 16
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 20 years.
20:13:18 Jul 15 2006
Read 1,146 times

some probably do so cause they need the posts to go up a level.... DUH!!!!



•  REPLY  •


lownignitus
lownignitus
Great Sire (110)
Posts: 255
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 20 years.
22:16:04 Jul 15 2006
Read 1,137 times

Well the last two post are prime examples of what we are talking about.

"Interesting!"

WTF?!?! That adds nothing constructive what so ever to our discussion besides proving a point everyone s trying to point out. Yes I have A high post amount but all of those came from legitament post.

~sigh~



•  REPLY  •


Nianna
Nianna

No Longer Registered
22:17:36 Jul 15 2006
Read 1,136 times

I agree with you, and the reasons such as "I will go look" or "I looked and rated" and then they did not is why I rarely make a thread in this section.

It is great for positive and constructive criticisms, advices acknowlegdement etc. but there is just not many of those to be found.

I think it is a great idea that you are bringing this topic up STABB.



•  REPLY  •


STABB666
STABB666
Superior Sire (140)
Posts: 1,517
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of La Bella Oscuridad
Vampire Rave member for 21 years.
22:26:44 Jul 15 2006
Read 1,133 times

I'm glad that we have a weight of opinion which agree's with my sentiment.

It does suck ass when I've waited for a reply, only to find something pointless. Wasting almost twenty seconds of my life! lol


Bones,

I don't feel that it would be neccessary to point them out, since someone will likely spot it and get rid in the end.

It would be unfair to expect the membership to start reporting on this, since our role is to monitor anyway.



•  REPLY  •


Bones
Bones
Royal Sire (207)
Posts: 2,162
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Lunazure is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Lunazure
Vampire Rave member for 20 years.
00:49:19 Jul 16 2006
Read 1,119 times

Thanks for the info STABB, I'd also like to add that if you're leaving a comment on someone's profile , there's no need to return and leave a comment in the thread, it's just a senseless post, ( why leave a comment in two different places ) and even then if it's only two or three words and you really "dont" care about the posting credit, send them a personal message, it makes it easier for us all in the long run !...Doesn't it ?



•  REPLY  •


STABB666
STABB666
Superior Sire (140)
Posts: 1,517
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of La Bella Oscuridad
Vampire Rave member for 21 years.
00:53:37 Jul 16 2006
Read 1,117 times

No worries.

But I don't personally have a problem with a message in two places, since I can get more feedback from a longer post.

:)



•  REPLY  •


lolitamarie
lolitamarie
Diabolist (91)
Posts: 208
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Children of the Night (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Children of the Night (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 20 years.
06:21:49 Jul 17 2006
Read 1,098 times

I will always write at least a sentence or two on any thread. Sometimes I like the profile and do not see where the poster needs to add more. I have seen people get their feelings hurt, because someone responded in a mean way. Maybe they should not have created a thread if they are so thin skinned. It is possible that we have some mean I am better than you people on the Rave. I am not referring to present company in this forum.

I hope some people are messaging the person to make suggestions and are doing so to prevent a thread from becoming ugly. That will cause headaches for the staff. That also causes people who are silly and immature to downrate someone who does ot deserve anything lower than a ten on their profile. I have seen some great profiles on the Rave. Some put more time and effort into their profiles than I do. I have seen these same people change their profiles quite a bit. You begin to run out of suggestions for those who are constantly updating their profile or portfolio.

For those who claim ,I will view your profile and rate, that is wrong. Just do not comment at all. That is lying just to get your post score a little higher. i



•  REPLY  •


lolitamarie
lolitamarie
Diabolist (91)
Posts: 208
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Children of the Night (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Children of the Night (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 20 years.
06:24:12 Jul 17 2006
Read 1,097 times

At the end of my last post, I did mean that those who claim they will rate and do not are doing something wrong. I sometimes leave words out when I type too quickly.



•  REPLY  •


Tessalyn
Tessalyn
Enchanter (80)
Posts: 6
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 20 years.
09:05:55 Jul 17 2006
Read 1,088 times

I don't really care. We all do it when we get to lazy to type something out.



•  REPLY  •


Mieta
Mieta

No Longer Registered
09:07:40 Jul 17 2006
Read 1,085 times

Doesn't bug me. I just got another rating what do I care the feedback. And what do you really need feedback for anyways..I mean comments on profiles is where they can give you your feedback. A thread is merely a message some don't post back at all. No comments on my profile or my ratings are fought my profile is to my liking and no one elses. It is nice to hear what they do and don't like yes...but it really isn't necessary.



•  REPLY  •


STABB666
STABB666
Superior Sire (140)
Posts: 1,517
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of La Bella Oscuridad
Vampire Rave member for 21 years.
13:28:37 Jul 17 2006
Read 1,074 times

xxSuicideHurtsxx,

You may not care, but many others do and the tactic of posting to gain post count when you are bored is clearly against the acceptable rules for this forum.



•  REPLY  •


hellsphreak
hellsphreak

No Longer Registered
13:48:07 Jul 17 2006
Read 1,067 times

Yeah, it happens way too many times. I usually don't respond to Mascara threads.



•  REPLY  •


Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (194)
Posts: 1,252
Honor: 32,296
[ Give / Take ]
Cartomancer is the Hand of the Prince.
Vampire Rave member for 20 years.
04:00:53 Jul 20 2006
Read 1,052 times

Just as 'I agree' is a waste... so is coming back here and telling you've been there and rated. From now on, that will be considered a useless post and be deleted. It's obviously just a post count thing.

One post is enough. See the advertisement- rate the profile... then come back and say something. Or, if you post before and after- make it something more than that. It's not fair that many people make their forum posts count for something, and others don't care.



•  REPLY  •


MooniePie
MooniePie
Royal Sire (229)
Posts: 1,604
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 21 years.
00:44:50 Jul 21 2006
Read 1,039 times

After reading a few posts I had to come back and search for this thread. It seems to me that people are just not getting it.
Maybe people are not understanding the use of larger sentences or a properly structured sentence.

I am going to break it down nice and easy for some folks:

Stop posting crappy pointless posts.


There is no reason as to why you cannot give some kind of feed back on a thread other than the typical:

"I agree"
" I'll check it out"
"I've rated you"

If you are on VR than you should be able to follow the rules and guides of the forum.

:)



•  REPLY  •


EnlightenedDarkness
EnlightenedDarkness

No Longer Registered
01:05:37 Jul 21 2006
Read 1,031 times

I completely agree with this thread. Although I have to say that at some point in time I've more than likely been guilty of the "crappy post." That is a lot of the reason most people don't even look at those threads though, I know I usually don't even bother with them. I promise to steer clear of the pointless, stupid, uncreative, unintelligent posts, lol.



•  REPLY  •


rubyragar
rubyragar
Transgressor (54)
Posts: 122
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 20 years.
01:11:38 Jul 21 2006
Read 1,025 times

at least what people could do is example:


i rated u

but the background could use some sprushing up but the animations are great. with a new mor personal background and all the3 broken photobucket images removed and the profile will be the best.


that was just an eample off the top of my head.



•  REPLY  •


MooniePie
MooniePie
Royal Sire (229)
Posts: 1,604
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 21 years.
01:14:15 Jul 21 2006
Read 1,020 times

That is EXACTLY what helps people while making thier profile.

It's those kind of suggestions that make people's profiles wonderful to look at.



•  REPLY  •


rubyragar
rubyragar
Transgressor (54)
Posts: 122
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 20 years.
01:17:13 Jul 21 2006
Read 1,016 times

thanks i try to leave comments like that on the profile when i got to rate them if i see anything that needs changing



•  REPLY  •


Vampiress757
Vampiress757
Archfiend (57)
Posts: 48
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 21 years.
05:34:45 Jul 21 2006
Read 1,007 times

Sad to say, many people just like to add posts to boost their status... not many even bother to read.. *sigh*

I do not think laziness is a valid excuse to just post any comment on any subject... some people seriously believe the comments you put on their threads as well as on their profiles.. so I think it's fair enough we exercise our brains to help others use theirs also...

(Btw dark brother, great thread as usual!)
*bear hugs*



•  REPLY  •


Indulgence
Indulgence
Noble Sire (163)
Posts: 720
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 20 years.
23:06:00 May 28 2008
Read 984 times

Even though this thread was last posted in almost two years ago, it still holds much truth for todays times. ;]



•  REPLY  •



• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by MBK on May 28 2008  •

•  Love Me Please Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2026 Vampire Rave. 
All Rights Reserved.
Page generated in 0.3703 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
•  SIGN UP •  GET PASSWORD •  GET USERNAME  •
X