Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
Honor: 104,496
[ Give / Take ]
Cartomancer is the Hand of the Prince.
Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
19:36:39 Sep 19 2019
Read 1,577 times

On Vampire Rave we have members who gravitate to many different kinds of dark lore and myths. Of course there is the vampire, but there are also werewolves, zombies, witches, and various forms of otherkin. You don't have to necessarily identity as any one of these to gravitate toward one or more of them as a favorite.

I am a vampire and witch type of person. Vampires in the sense of fiction alone, for me. And as for witches, fiction and reality. I have always been a fan of vampire fiction, and for witches- I guess you can say I dabble a bit there even though I don't make a claim to be a witch.

What about you? Which do you find yourself being drawn to, and why? Do feel free to mention things I have not.

•  REPLY  •

BloodRoseTristesseX
BloodRoseTristesseX
Aggressor (83)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 4 years.
01:09:34 Sep 21 2019
Read 1,559 times

Personally, when one uses the term "Otherkin", it comes across as being cordial and civil. All these RPG games tend to promote division rather than unity.

Whatever happened to the Unity Project that a bunch of so-called vampire leaders came up with? To me, it has become what it is - a social network.

There is no longer any true harmony, as each clan of Vampire, being the majority, has its own agenda.

What is the point?

Anyway, I definitely identify and prefer Vampires. I call myself a Luciferic Vampire.

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
Honor: 104,496
[ Give / Take ]
Cartomancer is the Hand of the Prince.
Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
01:20:24 Sep 21 2019
Read 1,555 times

Honestly, Vampire Rave has always had a ton of RPGers- and they are just as valid of members and don't mind the word. Neither do a lot of people who aren't RPGers. I don't find it to be divisive language and it surely was not the intention. "Cordial and civil" is always a good way to go here in the forum anyhow :)

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 139
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
12:27:29 Sep 21 2019
Read 1,549 times

More inclined into vampirism.

•  REPLY  •

PaganMoon
PaganMoon
Savant (82)
[ Give / Take ]
Mother Earth (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Mother Earth (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 5 years.
18:18:08 Sep 21 2019
Read 1,541 times

By my intuition the word vampire has its origins in Turkic word: "ubyr" which means witch. Now this obviously has had many cycles of evolution since then.

For me, the microcosmic realm of sexuality definitely is linked to my personal power. I find the term witch to predominantly refer to the feminine. Now the word warlock from my studies seems to denote those who betrayed their oaths of secrecy or betrayed their circle rather than just the terminology for a male witch. Lest there is any confusion to my heterosexuality or integrity I identify as an occultist; Much like Aleister Crowley. It is a broad term in meaning but that only adds to the mystery of my path for it is unique to me alone. I am definitely drawn to the archetype of the vampire as well as their ability to shape-shift which for me denotes astral projection rather than physical transformation unless you are talking about a state of mind with some subtle physical changes like Berserkers in battle. I think much is taken out of context when it comes to lore, then ideas are built on this and we have all manner of falsehoods that are believed. There is power in belief alone, but there is more power to understanding reality correctly as well as the psychology of the mind(Know Thyself) to grasp that understanding.

•  REPLY  •

03:17:45 Oct 10 2020
Read 1,317 times

Vampires and Angels are my top "otherkin" it is fascinating to find the similarities between two things that are suppossed to be on opposite sides.

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 139
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
10:25:08 Oct 10 2020
Read 1,312 times

vXVampre, which type of Angels? There are two types, the one who embrace darkness and the one who are divine.

•  REPLY  •

11:45:08 Oct 11 2020
Read 1,304 times

That is sort of my point Markus666. Regardless of their alignment they are a great creation. The fact that their alliance makes such a difference in how they are perceived is very attractive and fascinating. Of course the darker angel has much more connection to the vampire, I theorize that the powers of the angel are mostly the same just used differently and for different reasons.

•  REPLY  •

Kittyn
Kittyn
Chimera (90)
[ Give / Take ]
Poison (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Poison (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 10 years.
18:44:38 Oct 26 2020
Read 1,277 times

I have always been a fan of the paranormal supernatural
If I was to put a label on myself then I would say witch or wiccan
True there are a lot RPGers and those who wish to turn into a vampire. werewolf and asking for one to turn them
Sometimes I wonder if they do know that it won't happen

•  REPLY  •

LilWyldTygressKittyn
LilWyldTygressKittyn
Transgressor (54)
[ Give / Take ]
Poison (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Poison (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 8 years.
05:11:41 Dec 10 2020
Read 1,242 times

I really don't put a label on myself cause I am who I am but if need to will say Wiccan or Witch

•  REPLY  •

01:13:52 Dec 30 2020
Read 1,227 times

LilWyldTygressKittyn the question is much less directed toward what you identify as and more so to what you are interested in. In addition do you have a particular reason to be drawn toward witches? Do you see them as a reality or fiction or maybe a bit of both?

•  REPLY  •

HaSatan
HaSatan
Necromancer (96)
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven Of Malevolent Shadows is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven Of Malevolent Shadows
Vampire Rave member for 13 years.
22:31:40 Apr 20 2021
Read 1,124 times

Wendigos are a fascination of mine due to the primal hunger and survival of it. Another interest is the pagan deities that isn't worshipped as much if at all anymore. Which is a pity because there was power and a sense community in some of those tribes.

•  REPLY  •

IveXtastedxthexrainbow
IveXtastedxthexrainbow
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of La Bella Oscuridad
Vampire Rave member for 15 years.
03:09:41 Apr 23 2021
Read 1,120 times

I have always been interested in witches more over everything. Fiction and reality. Vampire movies and shows caught my interest to. Werewolves would be at the end of it all.

•  REPLY  •

Doru
Doru
Venerable Sire (134)
Honor: 604
[ Give / Take ]
Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
19:27:58 May 16 2021
Read 1,098 times

I am nothing more or less than the biased thoughts of societal fear.

•  REPLY  •

EstrangedOne
EstrangedOne
High Sire (157)
Honor: 159
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
15:44:21 May 31 2021
Read 646 times

Everything from the legends/lore and myths of vampires/vampirism to the stories of the Fæy and anything that stems from it; the lore and science are what I've studied for years. Really, I would say "I'm not too picky" about what I study, as I'm far more interested in all than just one or another. Hell, I had to become a professional exorcist out of sheer necessity, and became equally as trash-talked as Keanu Reeves' character of Constantine for the simple fact of it (kind of sad, in my opinion, but whatever, I suppose).

Then again, most knowledge of the realm(s) of "otherkin" I've developed just out of necessity, over the many years.

•  REPLY  •

LordEirik
LordEirik
Transgressor (54)
Honor: 35
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Hellhounds is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Hellhounds
Vampire Rave member for 2 years.
16:25:26 Jun 28 2021
Read 619 times

I would have to say Dragons, Divine Angels, and Werewolves are the ones I am drawn to the most, however I do find Vampires an interesting subject. i have always been drawn to Dragons the most and I find I have an ability to speak and write elder futhark without studying or even looking at the language. although i have studied norse runes.

•  REPLY  •

OccultRanger
OccultRanger
Premiere Sire (120)
Honor: -534
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 4 years.
04:48:36 Jul 25 2021
Read 600 times

From my vantage most creatures of dark legends and lore are are just constructs of imagination to explain mysteries and then built or destroyed like anything else in nature. There is a reality to it but that's within the realm of the occult. I have found I'm mostly drawn to the vampire as an occult being as they represent the clearest natural concept of the wholeness achieved by integrating the darkness no matter what philosophy or religious matrix they are in.

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by Vampirewitch39 on Dec 07 2023  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.2123 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X