Could you please write my mindfulness book I have to work through in therapy? Because this makes much more sense than what I have to read.
I promise to write a journal entry on my opinions about psychology.
Like- simple and to the point.
A motivated kid
Toffee ice cream
Today's gratitudes in words that are painted as beautifully as the pictures.
♥ Thank you for bringing your walk to us. :)
I would love to walk with you any time. :)
Wonderful. Simply wonderful.
Peaceful, soul restoring, calming, and yet, envigorating reminder of life. Thank you for sharing.
The gift of my book club ladies
The gift of love that came in the shape of a pizza
The gift of a sister's words of encouragement
The gift of a Patchouli bath bomb
The gift of a percussive gurgle under the drain beside the lake as the waves slopped into the sea wall during my evening walk
The gift of a little miracle girl and her mother's immeasurable love
43. the gift of birdsong in the rain
44. the cooperation of friends who helped until it was done
45. the gift of quiet and a full heart
The gift of raspy-tongued kitty kisses on my arm
The gift of a duck nestled into her befluffed nest beside the pond
The light and lingering smell of bleach on the freshly pressed uniform of a daughter who says thank you
Cold apples just out of the fridge
A bottle of chianti shared
The gift of a rose plant
The gift of an hour and a half all to myself to walk along the lake
Reconnecting with an old friend
Knowing so many grateful people
The gift of a long walk along the lakefront yesterday evening
The gift of technology that allowed me to listen to podcasts while I walked
The gift of a meal cooked
16. Finished my article by deadline!
17. My friend's surgery went well
18. the gift of rock that led to God and keeps giving
13. My wonderful husband put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door when he left for work, allowing me to sleep in!
14. The best Tex-Mex I have ever tasted.
15. the gift of a hungry chinchilla who eats her one raisin bran flake with two hands and looks cuter than a bunny!
10. A safe drive to Houston
11. A neighbor willing to watch our pets
12. Finding another room in Houston at midnight after the first hotel inexplicably cancelled our reservation
7. Trip to the zoo with everyone!
9. Kid sleeping at her sister's...house to ourselves!
My brother and I went to the zoo last weekend - it was an amazingly good time. :)
All to yourself.......ooooooohlllaaaallllaaaaa :)
A house to yourselves?? Lucky dogs.
The small joys you learn to really appreciate once you have children.
4. The gift of birra's journal (it resulted in me having a breakfast burrito feast this morning!)
5. The gift of a daughter leading a Relay for Life team
6. The gift of a husband's amazing cooking prowess.
And here is my first entry in this new section:
1. A gift of a mother's service
2. A gift of a friend's trust
3. A gift found in message
I'm changing this section into a dare, not just for me, but for you. Based on Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts, I am challenging myself to find 3 gifts each day that inspire gratitude in my life. At the end of a year, I should have about a thousand.
Why am I doing this? Because it changes our focus. Yes, I already feel gratitude, but what if I were INTENTIONAL about it? How could a day be completely negative if I found 3 gifts a day just for me?
Here are how some of the entries look in other journals:
1. 3 gifts found in writing
2. 3 gifts found when bending down
3. 3 times I heard laughter today
4. A gift in losing something, finding something, in making something
5. 3 gifts found in shadows
6. 3 gifts found in giving/serving
7. 3 gifts that were "Plan B's"
8. a gift of tin, a gift of glass, a gift of wood
9. 3 gifts seen as reflections
10. 3 ugly-beautiful gifts (See beauty in ugly)
11. 3 gifts from the past - that help me trust the future
12. a gift dull, a gift shimmering, a gift cleaned
I love that each day's entry can be very short, just a quick log.
I love that it's personal
I love that it is positive and aimed at my own heart, my own eyes, and my own thoughts
I come from a position of faith, so, for me, there is the element of looking for God's hand in my life. I don't know where YOU are in relation to God, but I believe that even if that's not a motive for you, this exercise will have positive merit for you, too.
SO...will you join me? I dare you (and I dare me) to find 3 gifts each day.
I dare you (and I dare me) to be intentional about gratitude in the gifts we find each day and to log them. Who knows...maybe reading about your gifts will be someone else's gift!
Come on...do it with me.
You know you want to.
All the cool kids are doing it!
I dare you!
You're on missy. I'm ready to bring it! It feels good, doesn't it? DOESN'T IT?!?
I need more water..
I can take you! I'm more gratefuller than you. BRING IT!
::picks up the lovely gauntlet and prances away::
In fact, I'm most grateful for how much humbler I am than you. I can out humble you standing on my head!
We become what we focus on. Good fortune :)
I love this idea! Especially after the blessings I have received over the past few days. You're ON sister!
Yay! How exciting...and yet another way that we can express support using the Honor system as we read about each others' gifts.
You guys make me so happy.
Well since you dared me. ;)
hmm a new challenge.....I like it.
This is definitely something I am going to try.
Thank you for this. I am doing it too.
Easy breezy Cover Girl! I will :)
Curiosity brought me here to your Journal and what did I find? This is simply wonderful, what a positive spin to ones day :)
|World Visitor Map|