VR
What does adding and rating mean for you?
General Discussion
•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

VictorTheElder
VictorTheElder
Apparition (36)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 1 years.
11:32:45 Aug 04 2022
Read 714 times

I started to wonder one thing that might be worth asking here.

When somebody send you a message telling you that they added and rated you, what does this mean for you and how do you return a favor?

Does it mean rating their profile and adding them to friend list or do you also add their journal and rate portfolio?

•  REPLY  •

LordFangor
LordFangor
Royal Sire (215)
Honor: 1,609
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
13:36:44 Aug 04 2022
Read 708 times

I rate the profile and portfolio. I add them and their journal

•  REPLY  •

OccultRanger
OccultRanger
Premiere Sire (120)
Honor: -648
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 4 years.
14:25:38 Aug 05 2022
Read 700 times

If someone sends me a message expressing they rated, favored and added me it puts me on guard right off the bat as they tend to be shallow people that just care about their score and appearances more than who they really are. Most do so to obligate a person to do likewise that wants to fit in. Kind of how stream bonus or coven forum posting lasts for 48 hours I also treat my adds, favors and rates in a state of flux pending how they act. If a person likes you as a friend then you will see them often interacting with you as they will put time and effort into the relationship more than an easy click of a button then hardly ever hearing from them again.

•  REPLY  •

thexdevilishxqueen
thexdevilishxqueen
Disciple (53)
Honor: 25
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs
01:29:37 Aug 07 2022
Read 693 times

I rate their profile, portfolio, add their journal, then add them back.

•  REPLY  •

Doru
Doru
Venerable Sire (134)
Honor: 579
[ Give / Take ]
Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
03:32:48 Aug 07 2022
Read 690 times

I return the respect they show.

•  REPLY  •

Lamadia79
Lamadia79
Fire Thrower (87)
Honor: 2,484
[ Give / Take ]
Letchworth (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Letchworth (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 5 years.
23:35:23 Aug 14 2022
Read 665 times

To be honest I don't think people really read the profiles or the journal's . I always know because of the questions they ask me !

•  REPLY  •

Toxicbite29
Toxicbite29
Savage (61)
[ Give / Take ]
The Celtic Order of the Wolf (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Celtic Order of the Wolf (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 7 years.
04:40:13 Sep 05 2022
Read 644 times

I rate, add, favour journal and portfolio and honour the person. I also message the person, so that they may do the same.

It means that I gain new friendships and I am able to move up the ranks of the Vampire Rave website.

It also helps the person to level up as well.

•  REPLY  •

KitsuScholar
KitsuScholar
Elemental (77)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 14 years.
06:59:26 Sep 14 2022
Read 626 times

I know there are bonuses and penalties for the size of your friend's list, but I will rate anyone a 10 because it's just so cool to see each person's personality on their profile. I don't like adding people unless I've gotten to know them a bit.

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 143
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
11:47:10 Oct 11 2022
Read 586 times

Is the polite thing to do. As being a member of a vampire's society, Like VR, is your duty to make all new people welcome.

•  REPLY  •

EstrangedOne
EstrangedOne
High Sire (157)
Honor: 159
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
07:28:33 Oct 24 2022
Read 560 times

In brutal honesty, "adding", rating, etcetera... it doesn't mean much to me (but then, I am an a**hole, so take that as you will), but I do agree with markus666 most of all, in this one.

Given that I've already spent too much time in the past among the so-called "vampire community", and even amongst them, got stabbed in the back, I don't socialize with anyone enough to care about how I stand with any certain "community".
Granted, I wouldn't mind getting to the point of "sire", here. But I have much better things to be concerned about than being of a high level on social networking. I fill my time with music, study, and expanding my knowledge for a reason.

•  REPLY  •

Dakotah
Dakotah
Premiere Sire (120)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 10 years.
17:22:41 Nov 14 2022
Read 532 times

When someone sends me a message they added and rated to me, it means they are working on leveling that profile and have no intention of trying to be a friend of mine. Then again when I was leveling my profile all I did was rate them. The only time I asked if I could friend them was, I had spoken to the person and liked the conversation.

•  REPLY  •

dawnr
dawnr
Shadow (10)
[ Give / Take ]
00:47:35 Nov 24 2022
Read 519 times

Rating makes 0 sense on here, cause most profiles have no pictures or any personal info. Not really sure what are the ratings based on. Giving everyone a 10 on everything just for the sake of leveling is pointless, and defeats the main purpose of rating.
So if someone messages me that they rated me, I'd say "thanks" and try to initiate the conversation. If they don't reply, just delete the convo and move on.

•  REPLY  •

ShadowBorn
ShadowBorn
Bete Noire (44)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
06:36:59 Nov 26 2022
Read 513 times

The meaning behind it for me comes off like treating this site like a game of some sort and that is not why I'm here.
If someone wants to add me, or I add them, generally I prefer some sort of interaction first.
When it doesn't happen that way, I simply add them back in return as a form of courtesy.

•  REPLY  •

lordxofxwar
lordxofxwar
Premiere Sire (123)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of Caomhnõir-an-Eolas
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
05:23:49 Dec 29 2022
Read 469 times

I almost immediately delete the message. I seldom rate profiles unless I see you online and your profile has some type of information that is interesting to me.

Grammar goes along way with me and run-on sentences drive me nuts. I don't expect perfection, but at least try(I'm dyslexic and if I can articulate myself with semi decent grammar then I don't think most should struggle).

I also rate those who submit to the database more than a couple times and I happen to notice.

My inbox is for actual conversations and I can't carry on a conversation with "I rated your profile, journal and portfolio" . I get bored easily so having conversations with interesting people that aren't full of themselves is fun to me.

If I happen to see someone rated me sometimes that will provoke me to at least visit their profile and read what they have to say. Does it Garner you an automatic 10 rating?

No.

No it does not. There aren't any exceptions to how I rate. We can be in the same society and that wouldn't impact how I rate things on VR. I am a fair person and everyone is rated on the same criteria.

•  REPLY  •

Vampirewitch39
Vampirewitch39
Royal Sire (208)
Honor: 75,933
[ Give / Take ]

01:26:05 Feb 08 2023
Read 431 times

Like my other site. I only add friends that are friends. As far as rating- unlike when I joined this site many years ago, I don't rate much anymore. First it was a way to level up. But then it became a relaxing dull the mind kind of past time. Today it's more of a Admin checking reported profile. But I will rate a profile if asked.

•  REPLY  •

LayersOut
LayersOut
Nihilist (19)
[ Give / Take ]
04:47:44 Apr 03 2023
Read 388 times

Depends on the profile. My main account- as in admin accounts- I do not add for add. Only those I actually talk to, do I add.

For my spare accounts, such as this- I'll add for an add, rate for a rate, etc. It's part of enjoying the site. Plus I don't regularly message with people on this account- they normally talk to me on my Main.

•  REPLY  •

Warpiper29
Warpiper29
Needler (12)
[ Give / Take ]
16:44:48 Apr 21 2023
Read 361 times

I generally return a rate if rated and if I’m added I’ll add back, but if I haven’t interacted with the individual before I’ll ask before adding just as a common courtesy.

•  REPLY  •

MysticStorm
MysticStorm
Interloper (47)
[ Give / Take ]
Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 3 years.
21:08:55 Jun 18 2023
Read 311 times

I return the favor if they mention it. I try to rate active members but if folks want to add me I will add them back as it helps with the friend penalty

•  REPLY  •

Achlys
Achlys
Grave Robber (22)
[ Give / Take ]
Gothic Blood (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Gothic Blood (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 9 years.
01:57:27 Jun 20 2023
Read 305 times

I'll just return the favor of whatever they rated for me. Ratings and friend adding are kind of pointless on the site because people just do it blindly to avoid leveling penalties. Ime there hasn't been as much genuine interaction in those situations

•  REPLY  •

Aeznara
Aeznara
Irritater (16)
[ Give / Take ]
01:36:44 Jul 04 2023
Read 268 times

Ive only been here for a week and I am leveling, but mostly want to get to know people and talk about vampirism. Gotta say some profiles are borrring to read, some are very interesting, some have only pictures and others I've only read parts of because I have other stuff to do. I don't like to rate if I haven't read the whole profile and if there is no writing there really isn't much to rate. In those situations I've just not rated but I think I'm gonna start rating fairly the ones who ask for a rate and don't have anything to read.

Also I like to have some kind of interaction before adding someone. I might leave a comment if I like the profile, send a message or something to start a conversation.

•  REPLY  •

Vampirewitch39
Vampirewitch39
Royal Sire (208)
Honor: 75,933
[ Give / Take ]

17:09:26 Jul 05 2023
Read 259 times

Might be new to site but you understand why it was set up the way itvis. Welcome to Vampire Rave.

•  REPLY  •

Ard
Ard
Aggressor (83)
[ Give / Take ]
Gothic Blood (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Gothic Blood (Coven)
09:54:08 Jul 25 2023
Read 235 times

I rate the profile and portfolio. I add them and their journal.
As a routine, because I am new and try to level up a bit.
But I also treat my adds, favors and rates in a state of flux pending how they act.
At a first glance I see if the profile/portfolio/journal is interesting and after some time a have read more and I see if interaction is possible.

•  REPLY  •

vormel
vormel
Hellhound (70)
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Invisus Secretus is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Invisus Secretus
Vampire Rave member for 6 years.
12:46:24 Aug 31 2023
Read 191 times

I use to return the respect they show, as somebody told before.

I assume there are many vampires who need to progress in this web in order to get further levels, or give more prestige to their covens, or open new covens, etc.

Since Cancer designed VR as a path, where every step is a level, it's worthy to help other vampires to advance.

Ave.

•  REPLY  •

Cadrewolf2
Cadrewolf2
Great Sire (112)
Honor: 2,375
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Nocturnal Retribution is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Nocturnal Retribution
22:49:34 Oct 28 2023
Read 144 times

I return the respect that they have given me. I usually don't add people just out of the blue. I add them on knowing them. ThT was my last profilen13 years ago. Now I add them purely out of respect that they have given me

•  REPLY  •

POST RESPONSE

•   QUOTE  •   QUOTE HELP  •  

POST PREVIEW

•  CLOSE PREVIEW  •  
Post preview does not reflect tags that may be stripped out after you post. What HTML tags you can use depends on your membership type. More information.

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.2748 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X