Great Sire (111)
Honor: 25
[ Give / Take ]
Chateau Orleans (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Chateau Orleans (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 7 years.
20:27:02 Mar 14 2017
Read 1,746 times

I recently visited the local witch shop. There was a girl there who identified herself as a scryer and offered readings for a nominal fee.

Curious, I went in to see her. She had a small red ball which she twisted occasionally and told me things about my future.

Nothing she mentioned seemed to ave any basis, relevance, or likelihood.

I would like to read other member's thoughts and opinions on scrying.

Thanks

•  REPLY  •

Umyalanaraku
Umyalanaraku
Evil Spirit (60)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
22:54:24 Mar 14 2017
Read 1,732 times

Never give your information or pay for any kind of spiritual readings, they're scams! If you want to learn about real spiritual readings, the best route would be to study it on your own that way you can collect your own information and get your own perspective on it without losing money to some con-artists lucking to make a buck off you.

•  REPLY  •

vVvLouisvVv
vVvLouisvVv
Great Sire (111)
Honor: 25
[ Give / Take ]
Chateau Orleans (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Chateau Orleans (Coven)
23:24:10 Mar 14 2017
Read 1,728 times

Thank you. I try to keep an open mind.

•  REPLY  •

Umyalanaraku
Umyalanaraku
Evil Spirit (60)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
23:52:05 Mar 15 2017
Read 1,709 times

It is good to have an open mind, just be cautious of people asking for money for that kind of stuff, it is usually a scam.

•  REPLY  •

LazurusAQ
LazurusAQ
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
07:06:33 Mar 16 2017
Read 1,701 times

To that point, any reading or situation where I felt the information was sound or accurately creepy, cost me nothing. Internet reading, some Reiki sessions and energist interactions.

The one time I paid for a reading... burned.

•  REPLY  •

Li
Li
Chimera (90)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
15:44:55 Mar 16 2017
Read 1,692 times

I had my palm read on the sidewalk in NY once. $20. The most generic reading ever. "Someone in your life cares about you a great deal, but they do not know how to show it."

I did it for a lark, though. I never felt it would be this mind-blowing, soul-shattering experience.

Now, I used to have a friend that would read my cards for me, free of charge. She was more accurate.

You said this ... psychic used a red ball? What sort of red ball? I've never heard of this.

•  REPLY  •

Morfadu
Morfadu
Fomenter (8)
[ Give / Take ]
23:33:53 Mar 16 2017
Read 1,679 times

Eh, it's not that people are scamming so much as they're either really naive and actually believe they can be a professional scryer (or reader or what not) without any skill or training (they wouldn't know what it looked like, and neither would most of their customers for that matter), or they're so used to trying to duck nasty customers that they've reverted to cliches and flattery for sanity's sake just in case (there are some seriously self-absorbed folks out there who seem to think divination is all about telling them how great they are, or who just generally act out whenever they hear something they construe as insulting).

Or, of course, people also don't understand how to ask questions either... and neither does the diviner understand how to work with the client. It's not given any importance in discussions, which is a shame-- no matter how talented someone is at divination, they cannot be expected to suddenly know your situation and details and give you a perfect answer (that's for Hollywood). The trick is to only ask very specific questions that fit the medium-- there's a way to ask tarot cards, a way to ask a scrying ball, to ask runes, and so on and so forth which accommodates the answer it can give. It is the job of the diviner to school and guide the client on this, and like I mentioned above, if they're really naive or otherwise inexperienced, they won't realize that this needs to be done or won't be very good at it (so no offence to anyone who had lukewarm experiences, I'm not implying fault to you, but more the diviner for not really understanding how to work with their clients better. It's the same in doing art commissions-- if I don't make sure I understand the client, I will turn out poor results. Not all clients are good at describing what they want, and some don't understand what's actually feasible, but discussion means we both understand what's gonna be done and I can work with more confidence that my vision matches theirs).

•  REPLY  •

Lav
Lav
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Dark Souls (Coven)
00:22:50 Mar 17 2017
Read 1,676 times

There are good and bad readers out there. I've known a few people who have done professional readings, but the bulk of people I know would not feel comfortable having to get that close to that many people in order to get a decent reading. While I tend to do all my scrying via tarot cards, my edge is entirely lost if I don't spend some time and get to know a person first. There are just too many cards that read a different way if I have no idea what they are facing in their lives.

A good example is that the Death card in my deck means something entirely different for a particular friend of mine based exclusively on his personal mindset and path in life. When it comes up, it shifts the meanings of surrounding cards based on nuances that are not likely to exist in others I read for.

Honestly, I consider my first reading for anyone a tester run. I take any feedback during that time to see how well I really am picking up on the subtle things happening. Without that discussion and open floor, I might as well just be running entirely upon blind assumption. Which basically means that I'm only going to read what I'm already thinking about a person.

So I think it's possible to scry for a stranger, but the sort of talent and experience required for that is not exactly as common as the number of open jobs.

•  REPLY  •

Umyalanaraku
Umyalanaraku
Evil Spirit (60)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
01:03:09 Mar 17 2017
Read 1,674 times

I just think that if I got to pay for something "spiritual", then chances are it is a scam because the person either does not know what they are doing or does not care. Ever noticed how a psychics say things in the form of a question and people are like "OMG YES, HOW'D YOU KNOW"? Well, you just gave them the answers and if you're good enough, you can play off that and guess other things that become obvious.

•  REPLY  •

Lav
Lav
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
01:47:31 Mar 17 2017
Read 1,668 times

Potentially the case yes. Though I do think there are some talented people out there who needed a few extra dollars and were like, "Hey, I do this pretty well". While it's not necessarily 'scrying' per se, a talented empath could easily just tell you everything you want to hear and send you out the door with a lighter wallet. The problem is, you can't just tell immediately who is fleecing you and who's not.

It's all fine and well to assume that it's better if it's free. However, those with the skills to accurately read and scry...it's really easy to assume that they just wave their hands, or grab a couple cards. It's really easy to assume that they don't put any effort in whatsoever. So I can see why some might be willing to sell that ability to make ends meet. There are mental demands on a person for these kinds of skills.

I do wonder though, how many fit into the first category, and how many in the latter. I wish there was a simple way to tell.

•  REPLY  •

Morfadu
Morfadu
Fomenter (8)
[ Give / Take ]
22:32:53 Mar 17 2017
Read 1,654 times

Yeah, it's like, people's time and skill is still worth something in exchange, even if they're not that good at it (my hope is always that one just needs more practice, and how else should they get it?). It wouldn't be a scam unless they were deliberately tricking you.

Although I figure if you can research someone online first you can at least appraise them to a certain degree before setting up an appointment or doing the walk in. See what people say about them, see if the reader in question furnishes an explanation as to how they work and what you should expect, etc. Sometimes you just want to see whether their practice is something you agree with lol (from a spiritual or religious standpoint).

•  REPLY  •

Isis101
Isis101
Venerable Sire (134)
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Lunazure is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Lunazure
Vampire Rave member for 15 years.
23:30:37 Mar 17 2017
Read 1,649 times

I'm just curious...can one also scry via a bowl of water? I could have sworn that I read somewhere that it was also a method for scrying.

•  REPLY  •

Umyalanaraku
Umyalanaraku
Evil Spirit (60)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
00:38:56 Mar 18 2017
Read 1,645 times

@Isis101

There are too many forms and methods used for divination to name here.

Definition of divination

1 : the art or practice that seeks to foresee or foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge usually by the interpretation of omens or by the aid of supernatural powers

2 : unusual insight : intuitive perception

The form you are speaking of is known as Lecanomancy. Lecanomancy is a form of divination using a dish, usually of water, which, like many ancient forms of divination, has multiple forms. Some court magicians would use inductive lecanomany; whereby the magician or priest would observe patterns of oil within water to predict the future. However, intuitive lecanomany is thought to have developed out of this, which merely required the magician to interpret ripples on the water through meditation. There are also reports of inductive lecanomany being used by the Mesopotamians, though they sometimes substituted flour for oil. The earliest form of Lecanomany appears to have come from Ancient Babylonia, though it is only mentioned in one lecanomantic text. In medieval Europe, lecanomancy was described as clear bowls being filled with water to determine the future. This is in stark contrast with earlier forms of the divination which used clay bowls or basins.

Other forms of lecanomancy throughout history involved dropping a rock in water and interpreting the ripples in the water. In yet another form, demons were thought to enter the water whose ripples were being interpreted, and were forced to answer questions by the scryer.

So in short, yes it is considered a form of scrying or divination.

•  REPLY  •

TigerMoon
TigerMoon
Venerable Sire (137)
[ Give / Take ]
Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 12 years.
14:51:15 Mar 18 2017
Read 1,634 times

The furthest I would ever go to for divination is Tarot reading. I do not believe in crystal balls, mirrors, tea leaves or anything else of the sort.

Scrying is too ancient and has no scientific proof at all.

•  REPLY  •

Morfadu
Morfadu
Fomenter (8)
[ Give / Take ]
17:17:26 Mar 18 2017
Read 1,615 times

To add on, scrying is done with any reflective surface which does not report images as keenly as a modern mirror. So yes, like Umyalanaraku said, there are many many many specific methods about it lol.

Generally you don't want modern mirror image reporting, because you want distortions and vague shapes in order to trick your brain into forming recognizable images that are pertinent to the question at hand. Whether there is the influence or communication from another entity depends on your methods, beliefs and practices (it could be demons, angels, Gods, Ancestors, various other spirits, yourself to yourself, etc. A person can subscribe to all of these at once and use various methods to ensure with whom they're working).

To keep it short, visual processing isn't precise or rational. You have to learn how to do it (look up William Cheselden's account of an adolescent given sight (1700's); Mike May is a more contemporary patient and apparently well documented) and it is, to oversimplify, just pattern recognition based on what information your eyes can and do report to the brain, which is resolved based on experience and learning (it can be supplemented by other senses where they have been paired in the past-- e.g. sighted folks can look at a blanket and report how soft it probably is before touching it. Or consider picking up an object which weighed more or less than expected based on appearance). Scrying and other forms of divination based on pattern recognition take advantage of this, coaxing the brain's visual processing cortex into resolving gibberish into images that can be understood. Hence training is involved so that you see what is, you don't let personal thoughts, needs, wants interfere, etc. Well, you also have to figure out what symbols you brain likes mean to you because it's not always easy to figure out.

So really, if you figure something provides such an opportunity, it's probably scrying and maybe it's been done (or not). Actually, it doesn't have to be visual either. If your sight, physical or secondary, kinda sucks, but your hearing is much better, you can make use of aural gibberish as well to similar effect. For example, radio static, white noise generators, fans, and so on. If you are sighted, you may find that the noise gets interpreted as shapes, colors, etc. So if you can't get scrying in surfaces to bring anything up noise might do the trick instead.

•  REPLY  •

05:48:28 Sep 05 2017
Read 1,512 times

Local Occult shops will have what I call a day where people can come to their shop and offer card readings, aura drawings or animal drawings. I myself have paid to have an animal drawing, the guy sat the, looked me over and begain to draw with pastels, it took about 20 mins and I paid $20. He then explained to me what the drawing that came to him meant and what the colors meant. He was pretty dead on.

I've done readings for friends before...somehow I am able to channel (don't know how) of things that just come to me and 8-10 times it's right. But I don't use a ball or water to scry with.

•  REPLY  •

LadySilver
LadySilver
Revenant (41)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 13 years.
15:00:43 Sep 15 2017
Read 1,504 times

It is good to have an open mind, just be cautious of people

•  REPLY  •

Amalga9
Amalga9
Exasperater (20)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
09:26:18 Oct 13 2017
Read 1,481 times

For modern scryers, the most commonly used implement is a black mirror. For crystal balls the type varies based on preference but the most commonly used form in antiquity was Beryl.

If the individual giving the reading is drastically wrong or vague it is likely that the individual is new to their chosen form of divination, are using a form of divination not suited to them, are having an off day, or its a scam.

I tried to get into scrying myself but found I had no talent for it. I experimented with other forms of divination and found that I have a natural talent with Tarot, Dice, and Dream interpretation.

Instead of seeking divination from others one should divine for themselves for the best results. If you have an interest in scrying specifically there are free pdfs online that can get you started, you just have to google them.

•  REPLY  •

Agdistis
Agdistis
Specter (43)
[ Give / Take ]
Spiritual Enlightenment (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Spiritual Enlightenment (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 6 years.
20:58:04 Oct 17 2017
Read 1,468 times

I've known some psychic readers for pay who are very good. (Hell, I've been a reader for pay. I'd like to think I'm good.)

Others are scam artists, of course. I recommend you follow your gut -- if you find yourself suspicious they're probably not worth it. I won't pay more than $20 for a reading unless I know and trust the reader.

I'm not inherently against paying for services. Many people work very hard at what they do, and will put a lot of money or time into it. I think it's a good idea to reimburse people for their talent and expertise.

If someone tries to "upsell" you (by selling you other spiritual services or products, such as uncrossing or blessing work), I recommend being a little leery, especially if you just met the person or if they're asking a lot of money. If you're a competent magickal practitioner and you trust the reader's advice, you might try fixing your problem on your own, or finding a trusted friend or fellow practitioner to work with you on it.

As for scrying in particular -- it's just another method, neither good nor bad. I think it's trickier to do than, say, reading tarot cards, runes, or an astrological chart. It's founded purely on your intuition, and any bias or uncertainty you have will be magnified as a result.

•  REPLY  •

kyriaragnar33
kyriaragnar33
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]
The Cry of the Banshee (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Cry of the Banshee (Coven)
20:23:47 Oct 30 2017
Read 1,455 times

I believe that some do have the gift of insight to tell your future. i also agree with others here that some people are just trying to make a quick buck. some people just really need a few things to figure out some basic ideas about you and Your personal life. I know it well enough for these reasons. understanding the humonology thesis, signs of the birthday, numerology, also my father taught me what to look for in people that are lying. my education was going for either a lawyer or a relationship counselor. here is a few things to consider that might help guide you in the future to prevent a scam. A lot of people can just educate themselves in the way I have and much more. to better understand what they know is to educated ourselves to get a good idea of how false they are. (although it’s not a gaurantee) there is a alternative. make sure you give out no information whatsoever including Your birthday. If you do then just Your first name, don’t let them know how your day was, instead just say average. second have a poker face this will inhabit them from reading your face and or emotions etc;

You’ll find that most people with the gift will see the future in a way that is both sides of the coin. it’s usually just small glimpses that come into their mind. it usually also requires a simple touch like your hand. only a handful uses the crystal ball because it enhances the vision and to better see it. some prefer using a light which is like a projector for them to see. in my experience as far as this goes I’m usually very right to the core but there has been times when i have been wrong too. However there was a reason for the block. i hope that this will be helpful to you in the future to come if you chose to seek another reading.

•  REPLY  •

SpiritChaos
SpiritChaos
Dastardly Being (59)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
00:27:16 Oct 31 2017
Read 1,452 times

I do believe that some have the gift, I know I do, I have given most of my readings free of charge, although I have worked in a Botanica and charged people, although I never charged too much, I dont believe you should. As for scrying, I have yet to try this myself, as I mainly use tarot. As for a red ball, sorry buddy you got scammed. If give you a generic reading, they have just studied the cards and hold no real gift to see what they are truly saying.

I do completely agree that you should study whatever it is you're curious about first, before getting it done by anyone that claims they are professional. Also, as for not reading for yourself, I believe this is bollix, I have read for myself, and seen how it has fallen into place as truth, I did not alter anything to make it happen, it has just fallen into place that way. So I do believe that if you study and concentrate you too can do your own readings. Although I do believe it is always best to get a second opinion on anything, even if you read for yourself, keep checking till you feel you have the final answer/the same information repeated.

•  REPLY  •

TouchJinx
TouchJinx
Changeling (71)
[ Give / Take ]
23:17:00 Nov 15 2017
Read 1,434 times

Being a part of the Wiccan/Pagan community, I was taught years ago that scrying is a method to contact spirits with; it's usually done with a close friend or alone. You hold the pendulum in your dominant hand and ask yes or no questions to get an answer - it literally can't answer any other type of question. Depending on the direction it swings is how you get your yes/no/will not answer response. If whoever gave you a reading was giving any more detailed information than a yes or no answer, I'd say you got ripped off. As far as the validity of the method of communication, I doubt it's foolproof to use as the user can inadvertently move their hand to give the answer they want to hear (or the other person you're with may move the pendulum the direction they think will appease you).

Not to say I had an entirely accurate lesson on how they work, but that's all we've ever treated a scrying session as.

•  REPLY  •

summernights
summernights
Vexer (13)
[ Give / Take ]
15:38:38 Jan 28 2018
Read 1,391 times

I think things like that have to be more intimate and personal, but it's a cool idea. I don't know if I totally buy into scrying, but I like to think we can reach out and grab hold of something that slips under our feet with every step :)

•  REPLY  •

XSalistaX
XSalistaX
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
Poison (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Poison (Coven)
05:00:28 Feb 03 2018
Read 1,383 times

I think that as with anything, there are people that are legit and people who are scam artists. I use tarot myself mostly but have used a pendulum too. I have tried a black mirror and was not successful. I tend to feel that someone that sets up shop to charge money for scrying or divination sessions is a scammer. That is probably biased on my part though as I never charged anything. I just enjoy it.

The scammers at least seem to have some level of empathy and ability to read body language and facial expressions very well. They also seem to be very good at asking questions that are very leading. Maybe better to find someone that's not in it for personal gain.

•  REPLY  •

Dragonrouge
Dragonrouge
Premiere Sire (121)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
23:26:47 Feb 05 2018
Read 1,376 times

I think it`s a scam. Someone who can tell the future of a complete unknown stranger with accuracy it would be a great exception in humankind, as James Randi demonstrated without any doubt.
Such a person would be intense studied by scientists in secret army camps.
Such a person would otherwise be increddible wealthy from reading the future of soccer games and win all the bets. It wouldn`t be necessary to ask money from you.

The streetcorner "readers" are either scam artists or naive persons.

•  REPLY  •

feralmuse
feralmuse
Hellhound (70)
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
20:39:44 Feb 24 2018
Read 1,359 times

I wouldn't trust anyone who charges for "scrying".

•  REPLY  •

Pathofthewerewolf
Pathofthewerewolf
Changeling (71)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
04:53:39 Mar 21 2018
Read 1,338 times

I've known someone who read runes "out in the boonies" and people consistently came to him and he charged "whatever you feel a reading is worth to you" but didn't turn people away who offered nothing and one day while I was visiting someone actually offered him a goat, a live goat. From what I saw his readings tended to be accurate and I myself intend to take up ogham divination under the same principle he followed... Though I'm not sure how I would react to similar payment offers... Where would I keep a goat lol

•  REPLY  •

MoonIsMySun
MoonIsMySun
Irritater (16)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 5 years.
22:04:32 Jul 11 2018
Read 1,295 times

Making divinations for other people has the potential of being like sticking your penis in an ant hill. I would never charge for it either.

I've only been reading omens, interpreted people's dreams and generic stuff like that, but scrying is somewhat new to me in the sense that I haven't seen much merit in it until now. I've learned it has some uses in magical work and might give it a go. Of course I'd like to be hardcore and read some entrails, but getting live animals for slaughtering isn't exactly easy where I live. Using an obsidian mirror, bones or a bowl of water seems the most natural way for me.

•  REPLY  •

thecrucible
thecrucible
Termagant (58)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 5 years.
09:59:40 Nov 02 2018
Read 1,220 times

I agree... there is probably very little basis. A lot of what people say in the realm of magic, witchcraft or divination is either false, or found upon ideas which are not stable.. I don’t mean to sound demeaning as, finding oneself on these paths is as simple as being deceived by ideas or deities which are more than capable of deceiving the masses.

My understanding is that there are scrying mirrors (a bad idea, as all such activities are dangerous in any way), and then there is the accidental and hypnotic stare into a dark glass while in trance/transe state, which may happen without any intention from the person who gets stuck in it, and sometimes lack of sleep or certain cycles the world is currently in the midst of causes that interference which is uninvited by yourself. I’m not saying it’s desired, at all, the opposite in fact. I’m saying I’ve accidentally found that it takes place without my desire for it to. Having certain origins which I have, there’s thousands of things which are of the magickal/magical variety that I could stumble into at any moment and within this physical reality, I just might have to run away from my surroundings or hide under a blanket.

Sometimes I simply look into a window, and staring back at me is the angel Apollyon. Although I have never taken scrying to myself in any magical way, it only takes an accidental glance into a dark window for that particular being to appear from time to time. I have never done anything to cause it - it just happens somehow. In situations where I’ve been benign about it, and not made an attempt to communicate my dislike for the situation that the angel is there, I could move from accidentally seeing this in a window or reflection, to staring, under my own hypnosis, until I’ve accidentally summoned the person fully into my house... and if I don’t deal with that quickly enough, these simple problems can escalate and turn into chaos... so scrying is one thing to avoid, given all of the details ...
I’m simply saying you could be innocent - and it could still happen. Luckily for me it was just an angel, which in my opinion, attests to the fact that I am innocent and have no power over the fact that it takes place from time to time.

There are many natural occurances that take place on their own, I would personally not press for any of it as a vampire because you may find yourself in the dilemma of being overly aware, overly powerful, overly magnetic.

It’s like being covered in some kind of magical glue which then starts pulling the strings of the universe and pretty soon you’re tripping over them and finding yourself in wierd places or staring at some version of you on your doorstep or the planets are descending towards you and sometimes the undesired summoning of entities is going on ... 😒

Possibly though, many psychics know this and use their gifts to reverse the phenomenon, giving you something locked in order to keep your path in the way it would be originally, without intervention that creates unwanted turns... the original path, I’ve found, is the one I wouldn’t trade for anything... this is the case for everyone I’ve met, thus far.

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 21
[ Give / Take ]

11:42:23 Nov 02 2018
Read 1,217 times

When someone tell you, that by looking into a glass ball, which they bought in Ebay, they can inform you about your future, is totally a scam. There are no humans which can tell you that. Trust me, nobody have the power to see what will happen a second ahead of your time.

•  REPLY  •

23:16:04 Jan 30 2019
Read 1,162 times

I have had great success with spiritual guides. She uses cards for a tool but has extremely intuitive senses and can read a person as well as their fate and can help give a heads up on what to expect or how to change your life. I understand that there are scams out there but they do no define the art.

•  REPLY  •

LordEirik
LordEirik
Serpent (52)
Honor: 26
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Hellhounds is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Hellhounds
Vampire Rave member for 2 years.
19:58:03 Jun 28 2021
Read 892 times

All i know is Harr houdini spent his life debunking so called spiritualists (thats what they called htemselkves in hs day).

•  REPLY  •

LordEirik
LordEirik
Serpent (52)
Honor: 26
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Hellhounds is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Hellhounds
Vampire Rave member for 2 years.
19:58:22 Jun 28 2021
Read 891 times

oops Harry*

•  REPLY  •

EstrangedOne
EstrangedOne
High Sire (154)
Honor: 167
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
08:00:07 Jun 29 2021
Read 884 times

Something that I've noticed about most 'spiritualists' that one would meet, I actually find a little ironic.
Am I the only one who notices that as soon as you encounter one who says "I'll tell your fortune", typically asking for money in exchange, they are quite often just (as I sometimes call it) "FOS"...?
Yet those who are actually accurate in their "fortunes" practically never ask for reimbursement.

Besides that, even I have never heard of using a crystal ball for scrying. Hell, that's not even close to what is really used for scrying. Crystal balls may be reflective, yes. But you use a dark, FLAT (obviously reflective) surface. Not something conclave. At least, that's in my experience. I've seen some pretty interesting things used as mirrors, but not a crystal. But this does have me quite curious now.

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 21
[ Give / Take ]

14:11:00 Jun 29 2021
Read 880 times

If any human can see into the future, they will have billions. With the invention of you tube, most of the people out there, who proclaims to tell you about your future, are scammers. Just do your own research and good luck. Remember, the past is gone, the future is not guarantee, just live the moments to the max.

•  REPLY  •

EstrangedOne
EstrangedOne
High Sire (154)
[ Give / Take ]

03:28:01 Jul 03 2021
Read 877 times

Well, I'm not going to argue anything here, beyond to say that Though it is always better to keep an open mind (I know someone here mentioned this, but I can't remember whom), it's also wise to be mindful of deception. Even those that I have seen who (at least appear to) have a talent for seeing things I have never seen charge for a service. The most that I've ever seen is someone requesting some kind of personal assistance, later on down the road.

But even myself; I have been reading Tarot for decades now, and despite how accurate I usually am with it, I've never asked anyone to pay me to read their cards - nor will I ever allow someone around me to pay another to read for them. I'll just offer to read instead.

•  REPLY  •

Ard
Ard
Aggressor (83)
Honor: 1
[ Give / Take ]
Gothic Blood (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Gothic Blood (Coven)
15:06:45 Jul 28 2023
Read 203 times

What do you expect from a fortune scryer? That he accurately predicts the future? It shouldn't be difficult then to change that future. This is really possible. I once predicted a serious car accident for myself through a prophetic dream. So realistic that I would rather not have driven. But I had to! So I drove very carefully. And I've had three near misses that I'm sure would have turned into real accidents if I had just been a little more careless.

•  REPLY  •

EstrangedOne
EstrangedOne
High Sire (154)
[ Give / Take ]

20:15:34 Aug 15 2023
Read 152 times

You're talking something a little different, there. At least, by my experience.
Dreams aren't necessarily scrying, but the subconscious "speaking" to you. Your intuition.

•  REPLY  •

vormel
vormel
Hellhound (70)
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Invisus Secretus is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Invisus Secretus
09:15:27 Aug 30 2023
Read 110 times

Personally, I think that you can neither accept nor reject an Scrying. I think that a good tarot reader is not one who only knows the interpretation of the cards, but one who has a developed intuition that allows him/her to make a psychological analysis of the person he/she is talking to and to be able to give good advice.

Therefore, readers who charge money for a card reading are probably scamming. But good readers are actually charging for a session of psychological help with the help of tarot archetypes.

•  REPLY  •

POST RESPONSE

•   QUOTE  •   QUOTE HELP  •  

POST PREVIEW

•  CLOSE PREVIEW  •  
Post preview does not reflect tags that may be stripped out after you post. What HTML tags you can use depends on your membership type. More information.

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.4048 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X