Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
Honor: 88
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 19 years.
• • • • THIS THREAD IS STICKY • • • •

01:30:05 Aug 12 2009
Read 113,469 times

This thread is for asking questions about the new Layout and Skin systems. This thread is not for CSS or HTML help. Please only post questions about the new system.

•  REPLY  •

LordVerbal
LordVerbal
Great Sire (116)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
03:31:43 Aug 12 2009
Read 113,312 times

I want to use oracle red on my profile but it changes everywhere except my profile, the profile is just white. My girlfriend chose VR Classic and it worked perfect on hers, but I cant get my profile to look different at all. If someone would I just need you to make oracle red what people sees when they go to my profile.

•  REPLY  •

Spiritwalker
Spiritwalker
Anarchist (88)
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Umbrae Octo is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Umbrae Octo
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
03:50:59 Aug 12 2009
Read 113,227 times

I basically have the same question as Chris does. I want to use the oracle red on my profile but when I put the code in it changes it to white.

But I was wondering if there was a layout pack for the oracle red because I am not seeing one or am I missing it.

•  REPLY  •

LordVerbal
LordVerbal
Great Sire (116)
[ Give / Take ]
04:00:02 Aug 12 2009
Read 113,161 times

There isn't one yet I assume, because it's not there . :)

I was also wondering if there will ever be a public skin for it, and a public skin for just regular VR classic. (not spongebob...lol)

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
09:48:34 Aug 12 2009
Read 113,088 times

I uploaded the skin pack for Oracle Red yesterday.. But I forgot to add the link to the skin manager. It's there now, so you can download the pack for Oracle Red.

Ok, for the first timer, this is easiest done in steps.

Step 1

Go to Edit Your Profile. Back up everything in your style box. Put it in a text file on your computer. Then clear the style box and click update.

Step 2

Edit Profile, section Forced Layout of Profile.

Layout to Force: Oracle Red

Leave CSS and Graphics blank. Click submit.

Change your layout to something OTHER than Oracle. View your profile. When viewing your profile, your view should switch to the Oracle layout. If it doesn't, either page caching is enabled or you've done something wrong up to this point.

Step 3

Download the Oracle Red layout pack via the Skin Manager.

Edit the CSS file.

Upload it to your file storage.

Go to Edit Your Profile, section Forced Layout of Profile. Re-select Oracle Red (you must do this every time), in CSS put:

https://www.vampirerave.com/premium/files/YOUR_VR_NAME_LOWER_CASE/oracle_red.css

Click submit, view your profile. Your CSS edits should be effective.

Continue to edit the CSS file as necessary. Re-upload to file storage, refresh view of your profile.

Step 4

This step is optional.

If you want, you can change the graphics for Oracle Red. Edit the graphics in the layout pack. When editing graphics you must follow these rules:

You cannot change the file names of files.

You cannot change the file types / file extensions. Most all are gif.

You cannot change the image dimensions (pixel width/height).

After you're done editing the files, upload them ALL, even the ones you have not changed, to your file storage. All files MUST be in the same place.

Go to Edit Your Profile, section Forced Layout of Profile. Re-select Oracle Red. CSS should be filled in. In Graphics Path put:

https://www.vampirerave.com/premium/files/YOUR_VR_NAME_LOWER_CASE/

Click submit. That should be it.

Once you've done it once or twice you'll see it's really not that hard. You're creating a new CSS file, a new set of graphics, uploading them to a new location, and then telling the VR system where to find them when you fill out the section Forced Layout of Profile.

In regard to other skins for VR Classic, there are currently 5: Red, Blue, Green, Purple, Spongebob.

I'll leave the creation of more to the members ;)

•  REPLY  •

ishta
ishta
Daemon (95)
[ Give / Take ]

20:47:59 Aug 12 2009
Read 113,019 times

Am i right in assuming that when you create a new skin it overwrites the previous one.

So if you input the spongebob into the classic red version you can no longer use the classic red version....

If so, could we possibly have the original skins urls placed on the public skins lists...

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
21:26:30 Aug 12 2009
Read 112,981 times

Ishta,

You're right that when you skin a layout, it replaces the layout you've skinned. That's more or less the definition of a skin.

I can't offer it the way you've asked - to have both the original layout and skin available. The skin is applied to the layout.

However, there are 4 VR classic layouts available: red, green, blue, and purple. So you can have up to 4 VR classic skins.

As your skin collection grows, you'll just want to maintain a text file with the paths of your skins. Then you can swap them out in seconds via the Skin Manager.

>> If so, could we possibly have the original skins urls placed on the public skins lists...

This isn't really necessary. To remove a skin, just delete it from the skin manager. The layout will then revert to its original state.

•  REPLY  •

Lolita
Lolita
Sycophant (6)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 13 years.
03:41:39 Aug 13 2009
Read 112,911 times

I am having a drama. According to the VR Manual:

When changing graphics, a few rules apply:
YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE FILE NAME.

This site I am using to host my graphics packs will not allow you to upload more then 1 file with the same name, I doubt any would or could. So for example I put together an album for one skin...it has a file stalk.gif. When I go to make a second album for another skin I can not have stalk.gif.

So before I can attempt to add a graphics path for the album with the stalk.gif(2) files, I need to rename everything in both albums.

Is there a simple way around this problem?
I know very little about FTP programs, but would using one of these be a solution?

Thanks.

•  REPLY  •

ORIGIN
ORIGIN
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Midnight Symphony (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 12 years.
04:11:31 Aug 13 2009
Read 112,871 times

I've tried the Dark Network Profile Help Page premium things on the skins especially the one I'm using right now oracle red will there also be coding for your profiles that will only work on skins to help out the members create there's.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
05:38:35 Aug 13 2009
Read 112,844 times

Lolita,

The solution is to put each layout skin in its own sub-directory. Hopefully your image host allows you to create sub-directories. If not, you can only host 1 skin at a time.

A similar situation exists for VR premium members. They have file storage, but the file storage system does not allow for sub-directories. So they can only host 1 layout skin at a time.

Morrigon has put together an affordable image hosting solution, that offers sub-directories.

WEBENEATH,

You'll have to be more specific. I am not sure what you're asking.

•  REPLY  •

MsSanguinarius
MsSanguinarius
Superior Sire (146)
Honor: 288
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Lunazure is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Lunazure
06:27:48 Aug 13 2009
Read 112,807 times

Could I switch to for example, Oracle Red and still have my scroll box in my profile, or would that coding not work anymore with a skin like that.

•  REPLY  •

MsSanguinarius
MsSanguinarius
Superior Sire (146)
[ Give / Take ]

07:14:11 Aug 13 2009
Read 112,775 times

also I wanted to know if we could have the option to force the layout on mentorship pages as well, for premium members or even just mentor masters in general

•  REPLY  •

HoundxOfxJustice
HoundxOfxJustice

No Longer Registered
08:10:30 Aug 13 2009
Read 112,754 times

I was curious if it is, or will be possible to edit the icons in CSS Code that correspond to Portfolio, Journal, Ect.?

•  REPLY  •

ORIGIN
ORIGIN
Venerable Sire (130)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Midnight Symphony (Coven)
13:18:34 Aug 13 2009
Read 112,724 times

I was using the Dark Network Profile Help Page premium coding that they have to design you're profile . Ive tried to use the download skin of Oracle red and with it put some of the Dark Network Profile help premiums codes onto the oracle red to do a custom design but will not work . Will there be something in the Dark Network Profile Help for custom skin managers that will help to design the members profile.

Sorry for not making it clear enough Cancer.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
18:47:12 Aug 13 2009
Read 112,683 times

MsSanguinarius,

The same style rules apply across all layouts.. So there is no reason the same code wouldn't work for a different layout.

Forced layout will never be an option for non-profile pages. If you can force a layout for everything, it takes away the viewer's option of setting their own layout and skin.

Wraith,

You can edit the CSS files, so you can specify new graphic locations.

WEBENEATH,

I think you're referring to LadyChordewa's thread. I'm not up on that thread. It's up to her to update it and keep it in line with the new VR System.

There have been no changes to what code is allowed. The only change, is that certain CSS classes are now forced on the profile page. As a result, to make changes to a profile page, you must directly modify the CSS class by way of the CSS file (or style box code).

•  REPLY  •

LadyChordewa
LadyChordewa
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

19:43:37 Aug 13 2009
Read 112,661 times

As Cancer has said, the Profile help page will still help you, to a point. It will help you, with creating a basic page, with the text colors, fonts, sizes and how to place pictures within your profile. But in the CSS side of it, Cancer has been more specific, to give you greater control over the look of your profile. The codings there still work, they are just in greater detail now.

I will be updating the Profile Help page, as soon as I can, to help reflect the changes that Cancer has made. Please bare with me, as it seems I have a lot to add and figure out how to word it so it makes sense.

I will also update the Profile Help FAQ to reflect some of the questions here, for future members.

•  REPLY  •

Lethargy
Lethargy
Sire (106)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of Caomhnõir-an-Eolas
Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
03:09:32 Aug 17 2009
Read 112,431 times

If your doing a Forced Layout Of Your Profile, you only need to have the graphics for the profile itself. Examples:

vr_top_logo
vr_bottom_logo
bite
stalk
journal
portfolio
etc

•  REPLY  •

eavanya
eavanya
Necromancer (96)
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 15 years.
20:57:50 Aug 17 2009
Read 112,353 times

How do we fix the backgrounds for Mentorship pages? I fixed my profile, but can't fix the Mentorship pages..

Blessed be

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
21:42:25 Aug 17 2009
Read 112,321 times

In addition to what BleedingMassacre has said, if you are only skinning your profile, and not creating a site-wide skin, you can cut several sections from the CSS file. Sections that will not be used, like the Forum and Journal sections.

eavanya,

I need more information. Paste some url's.

•  REPLY  •

eavanya
eavanya
Necromancer (96)
[ Give / Take ]

21:46:27 Aug 17 2009
Read 112,303 times

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
09:50:23 Aug 18 2009
Read 112,214 times

>> How do we fix the backgrounds for Mentorship pages?

I *think* I know what you're looking to accomplish, but I'm not sure. I look at your profile page and see no menu lines in the right and left column. But the center graphic is covered.

I look at the Mentorship pages, and it's a similar situation. But the left and right menu lines/colors are there.

What exactly are you looking to acomplish?

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
09:55:54 Aug 18 2009
Read 112,203 times

This might be what you're looking for:

I posted a test Mentor page here:

https://www.vampirerave.com/mentorships/index.php?id=133

The page demonstrates how to make your tables/cells transparent. If you check this page with every VR layout, you'll see that the green shows through on EVERY layout.

This is the code I put into the page:

You'll have to 'compact' that code. Remove the line breaks.

•  REPLY  •

eavanya
eavanya
Necromancer (96)
[ Give / Take ]

10:14:18 Aug 18 2009
Read 112,178 times

thanks, definately works to get rid of the tables, but i lose my background image... will do some fiddling...

blessed be

•  REPLY  •

AnarchyAngel
AnarchyAngel
Ethereal Being (31)
[ Give / Take ]

Vampire Rave member for 14 years.
13:05:05 Aug 18 2009
Read 112,154 times

how I could change the icons of biting and stalkin

•  REPLY  •

rockingXrobin
rockingXrobin
Elemental (77)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
18:41:35 Aug 18 2009
Read 112,121 times

can the icons for biting and stalking be changed to tweety or roses or anything like that ? thank you

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
21:06:49 Aug 18 2009
Read 112,095 times

eavanya,

Just insert the URL path to your image in this line:

body { background-color: green; background-image: url(); }

Inside the url paranthesis.

MARA and rockingXrobin,

Premium Members can skin the layouts. They can redefine all colors and most graphics for layouts. You really should read the Layouts and Skins chapter of the VR Manual. If you still have questions after reading that, post them here.

•  REPLY  •

eavanya
eavanya
Necromancer (96)
[ Give / Take ]

21:44:27 Aug 18 2009
Read 112,078 times

Thanks for that Cancer, but I did from the start and it still doesn't show up. Nevermind.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
21:59:01 Aug 18 2009
Read 112,057 times

Then there's something wrong with the url, the path is incorrect.

Or, you've got a table laying over the body that is forcing a color.

That's the only two things it can be. CSS works in layers. The body is the bottom-most layer. To see things in the body, everything laying on top of the body must be transparent.. Every table, div, etc.

•  REPLY  •

rockingXrobin
rockingXrobin
Elemental (77)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
00:16:13 Aug 19 2009
Read 112,032 times

My daughter tried to help me with it. She went to the link you provided and she doesn't understand what to do, and honestly neither do I, Neither of us are good at codes we are still learning so to us the directions seem like giberish, we don't understand how to do it. Is it possible to but it in terms for us to understand?

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
01:57:36 Aug 19 2009
Read 112,010 times

I know the instructions are a bit daunting. I've reviewed them thoroughly. I don't think I can make them any simpler. Here's the best I can suggest, as a road to understanding the new system:

The first step is to apply a public skin.

The second step is to force a layout for your profile.

The third step is to skin your profile.

The fourth and final step is to create your own site-wide skin.

If you do these four steps, in this order, you should fully understand the new system when you're done. With these four steps, each new step builds on the previous one.

So, step 1. Apply a public skin.

Try to skin VR Classic Green with Spongebob. All the directions are more or less on the Skin Manager page. If you do it right, when you're done, VR Classic Green will disappear from your 'Choose Layout' drop down list. It will be replaced with 'Spongebob'. When you change to that layout, it should look like this profile.

If it doesn't, you've done something wrong.

•  REPLY  •

MsSanguinarius
MsSanguinarius
Superior Sire (146)
[ Give / Take ]

18:32:24 Aug 24 2009
Read 111,706 times

I changed back to forced classic layout view, cause I want a profile view that looks good under all screen resolutions, so if you can make one like epicene that looks good on all screen resolutions that'd be great.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
22:30:42 Aug 24 2009
Read 111,667 times

I'm not sure I understand your question.

Eternal will load for all screen resolutions. But if your screen resolution is under 1000 pixels wide, you'll get a horizontal scroll bar. This is to enforce a 'minimum resolution'.

Today I will be posting the layout packs for the 3 Eternal layouts, and hopefully a few skins.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
00:58:04 Aug 25 2009
Read 111,644 times

I've added a new page to the VR Manual, section Layouts and Skins, page title: Eternal Layout.

The Eternal layout is special, in that you can rotate graphics in the left column. There are special instructions on how to accomplish this. That's what the new VR manual page is for.

I've posted the layout pack for Eternal on the Skin Manager page. I've also posted a new skin for it. It's called 'Lestat'. When the skin is applied to Eternal, the colors change a bit, and the rotating pictures in the left column switch to pictures of Lestat.

This should give you some ideas on what is possible with this layout. You could do a profile skin and include all kinds of things in the left column rotation. Or, you could do a site-wide skin with a theme of your favorite superhero.. Or boyfriend.. Or whatever. There are a lot of possibilities.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
04:22:12 Aug 25 2009
Read 111,604 times

I've posted a second public skin for the new Eternal layout. This one has a Harry Potter theme.

Try the skin out. It shows what can be done with this new layout.

•  REPLY  •

jennaKARRO
jennaKARRO
Banshee (72)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
09:24:14 Aug 25 2009
Read 111,563 times

The odd question:

Did you remove anything when you redid the layouts and skins? There are a few things that don't show up.

Nothing major. I like going to Covens and it saying 'Your Coven' at the top of the page. Just several of the barely noticed things...like Blood and Water...are gone.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
16:59:23 Aug 25 2009
Read 111,531 times

Each layout has a different navigation system. VR Classic has the most links 'on one page'. Other layouts don't have as many links on every page.

There's a sitemap, at the base of every page (on every layout) to help address this. You can get to anywhere using the sitemap. It in the help row of links.

•  REPLY  •

MysticalWench
MysticalWench
Great Sire (111)
[ Give / Take ]
03:42:57 Aug 26 2009
Read 111,480 times

I have tried to work on the css but to no avail.

I went to skin manager downloaded a layout pack, spent hours editing the graphics to make them more personalized, then went to the skin manager chose a layout to skin named it, uploaded my .css to the file storage here... now, if I took my css code from my profiles style box, and stuck it in the little .txt file that came with the layout package would it work right??? I am trying to force a layout by mapping the images and css from the storage, but the background comes out white and the image links are broken...

sorry for the trouble

•  REPLY  •

MOONLITDREAM
MOONLITDREAM
Arch Sire (190)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
03:46:19 Aug 26 2009
Read 111,468 times

since the latest vr updates, my coven pages have changed colors. do i need to delete the style sheet that is in there now ? for exsample the page
" COVEN REQUIREMENTS''

•  REPLY  •

Lethargy
Lethargy
Sire (106)
[ Give / Take ]
13:06:59 Aug 26 2009
Read 111,418 times

Most coven pages were effected with the new layout system. My pages lost there transparency. You may have to fiddle around with the css code or rewrite it.

•  REPLY  •

Aracon
Aracon
High Sire (156)
[ Give / Take ]
14:09:46 Aug 28 2009
Read 111,268 times

I love the look of Oracle Red layout and was wondering if it's at all possible to change the actual main description section to a darker colour, ie: black?

The rest I love, I just prefer black main description sections either plain or textured black.

•  REPLY  •

MOONLITDREAM
MOONLITDREAM
Arch Sire (190)
[ Give / Take ]
14:17:28 Aug 31 2009
Read 111,177 times

If you go to my coven main page, You`ll see it has the reds in it. How do i remove them ? I do not have the color red codes in my style sheet. As i mentioned above, this is since the vr site update

thanks
panthra

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
19:42:15 Aug 31 2009
Read 111,148 times

MysticalWench,

Copying-and-pasting the code from your profile style box into a skin CSS file will most likely not work. It will probably be incomplete (not contain all the CSS classes) and as a result, everything will look funky.

You need to edit the CSS file in the layout pack. It's easier than you think. All you need to change are the color code lines (either straight colors like 'red', 'black', etc. Or, hex color codes like '#ff0000', '00ff00', etc.).

As for image mapping, I'm not quite sure what you mean. The layouts Oracle and Eternal have image locations in the CSS file, but the other layouts don't (except for background images). This means that if you're editing an Oracle or Eternal CSS file you could 'point' to the graphics wherever you want. For a layout like Cimmerian or VR Classic, you must put all graphics in the same subdirectory and define that subdirectory either in the skin manager or forced layout of profile section.

>> but the background comes out white and the image links are broken

There's an easy way to test this. Copy-and-paste the URL from the CSS file into an empty browser window. If the background graphic doesn't come up, there's a problem with your URL.

I'm not sure if I said this before, but I'll say it again. If you're working on a profile skin, the easiest way to do that is by working on a regular skin via the Skin Manager. Once you've got it working properly, *then* apply it to your profile. It's far easier than flipping back and forth from your profile page. Additionally, when you're working on a skin via the skin manager, only you see the changes. So your profile won't look all funky while you're working on it.

S0MBERMOURNING,

I made a post to this thread on Aug 18 2009 that addresses this issue.

My layout is currently set to Eternal Epicene. I viewed your Coven pages and saw no red. What users will see will vary based on the layout they're using.

Aracon,

The Oracle layout is 100% graphical. This means it's very easy to skin. Download the layout pack, edit the graphics, upload them, apply the skin, and you're set. The entire Oracle 'frame' is like 5 or 6 graphics.

•  REPLY  •

Lethargy
Lethargy
Sire (106)
[ Give / Take ]
14:54:19 Sep 01 2009
Read 111,093 times

Cancer will there be force layouts for coven pages in the works. Maybe just one force layout for the whole coven in the setup page. That way the CM can set his coven pages to be set at 1 layout.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
21:53:01 Sep 01 2009
Read 111,065 times

Nope, there are no plans for that. It would detract from the user experience of the browsing user being able to set their layout and view.

It is up to the Coven master to create pages that look good in all layouts. It's not that hard. They all use common CSS classes. You should only have to make minor revisions to make your pages look good with all layouts.

•  REPLY  •

Fallenxx
Fallenxx
Basilisk (92)
[ Give / Take ]

17:44:54 Sep 09 2009
Read 110,944 times

I am having troubles with the bantam brown skin..i cant get the nav bar to change from brown to the colour i want.
I have edited the graphic in the pack, like i did all the others..but it still wont change..

•  REPLY  •

Lethargy
Lethargy
Sire (106)
[ Give / Take ]
20:40:57 Sep 09 2009
Read 110,912 times

The Nav bar is a gif picture and is part of the graphics pack.

•  REPLY  •

Lethargy
Lethargy
Sire (106)
[ Give / Take ]
14:51:11 Sep 11 2009
Read 110,768 times

If you use Bantam brown you have to change the nav_bar and nav_hover in the actual CSS code;-)

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
20:16:18 Sep 16 2009
Read 110,574 times

Fallenxx,

I've looked at your profile and it looks like you've figured it out. The only thing you haven't modified is the drop down menu that reads 'Change Layout'. That's still set to the Bantam Brown default.

•  REPLY  •

DeadlyXDesire
DeadlyXDesire
Daywalker (94)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The Coven of Purgatory
18:21:24 Oct 03 2009
Read 110,315 times

Cancer..like many others I am using the CSS that you spoke of but it will not allow my background to show up on my mentor page. I went back to photobucket and copy and pasted my url for the image and still it does not work. What could possibly be the reason for this?

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
02:40:38 Oct 04 2009
Read 110,274 times

DeadlyXDesire:

In order for the CSS Style sheet to work in your Mentorship (or Coven) you need to collapse the coding.

I went to your page and made a css style sheet for your Mentorhship using the colours and background you had on the current one.

If you would like it, message me with your e-mail and I will send it to you.

•  REPLY  •

BlairCrescent
BlairCrescent
Monstrosity (34)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
14:50:23 Oct 19 2009
Read 109,689 times

Hello just thought I'd post a bit of a problem I've been having... I was using Eternal Episcene but everytime I went to go to my coven forum VR would log me out. after switching devices and still the same problem I switched my profile layout to a Classic and now I can use the forum :s so I'm just reporting the problem so that maybe someone might be able to fix it :) thank you for your time.

BlairCrescent (*

•  REPLY  •

Cadamia
Cadamia
Iconoclast (93)
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs
15:57:08 Oct 19 2009
Read 109,669 times

I had to code that does it and lost it. I want to make the background in the comments section to be transparent so I can see the back ground image for the page.. how is this done?

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
04:21:06 Oct 20 2009
Read 109,625 times

I think the problem is due to the fact that you are using an outside css code creator (123mycodes) to do your layout.

It looks like you are missing the field that controls the forminput, textinput. It should go something like:

.forminput, .textinput, .radiobutton, .checkbox {
font-size: 12px;
font-color: White;
font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif;
vertical-align: middle;
color: White;
background-color: Black;
border: 2px #FF6600 solid
}

Once you get this set up, you can change the background to transparent like this:

background-color: transparent;

•  REPLY  •

KISS
KISS

No Longer Registered
04:06:39 Oct 22 2009
Read 109,509 times

hey cancer what do you recommend to use on a profile for the new layout system is their a webpage you have made that explains it in detail i can read please send a url to my inbox if anyone could

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
04:30:37 Oct 22 2009
Read 109,491 times

There is a section in The VR Manual you might wish to take a look at:

Layouts and Skins

Only premium Members can use css to change any of the layouts and skins.

Since you are a Basic Member, you cannot use any of the CSS or Special codes--doing so may cause your page to not show properly.

Instructions for setting up a Basic Background can be found here:

Background For Basic Member

Should you need help with setting up
your profle, you can go to:

The Dark Network: Profile Help Page

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
02:39:55 Oct 24 2009
Read 109,344 times

BlairCresent,

I believe this issue has been fixed. Message me if you continue to have problems like this.

•  REPLY  •

Spiritwalker
Spiritwalker
Anarchist (88)
[ Give / Take ]

21:32:57 Oct 30 2009
Read 108,908 times

Cancer,
Is there an issue with viewing the new skins and lyaouts using Firefox? I am asking because I use firefox for this account and cannot rate or read a members scroll box on their profile?

Thanks

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
22:41:38 Oct 30 2009
Read 108,888 times

I used Firefox as a test browser when I created all the skins. I haven't seen any issues. You'll have to send me screen shots.

•  REPLY  •

Lethargy
Lethargy
Sire (106)
[ Give / Take ]
12:11:26 Oct 31 2009
Read 108,849 times

Ive tested most layouts on 4 different browsers and no troubles.If your having trouble with Firefox try google Chrome;-)

•  REPLY  •

Fizbop
Fizbop
Superior Sire (140)
Honor: 47
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
19:49:01 Oct 31 2009
Read 108,822 times

download the skin, change the pictures for bite journal stalk etc

but they have to be the same size.

upload them in your file storage. if you don't have a file storage i would suggest upgrading to premium membership.

it would solve a lot of problems.

2. Go here

https://www.vampirerave.com/premium/skin_manager.php#layout_packs

Create a New Skin

Layout: choose the layout your skining
Name The Skin: ie your name if you want
CSS File: https://www.vampirerave.com/premium/files/your vrname in lower case /any.css
Graphics Path: https://www.vampirerave.com/premium/files/your vrname

like i said this is easier if you have the file storage.

It's really simple to do this . Cancer did a really good job on explaining this.

•  REPLY  •

Leo
Leo
Vexer (13)
[ Give / Take ]
18:55:20 Nov 02 2009
Read 108,704 times

Ok, will that change how I get the options like the classic red has on the left side of the screen?

•  REPLY  •

Spettro
Spettro
Venerable Sire (133)
[ Give / Take ]
Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
01:40:44 Nov 10 2009
Read 108,334 times

Salutations,i have done the proper edits and upload with the css file and image paths and still it does not seem to be taking hold can someone please give me the proper guidence so that i can change my skin correctly,i know it should not be that hard to do so if i am missing something can someone please message me or take a look and help me if at all possible
*curtsy bows*

•  REPLY  •

Territhian
Territhian
Evil Spirit (60)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
02:36:14 Dec 26 2009
Read 106,363 times

BleedingMassacre,

Can you please let us know when you create the tutorial? I would like it alot. Much appreciated and happy holidays

•  REPLY  •

vampchica4
vampchica4
Doppelganger (69)
[ Give / Take ]

22:32:19 Jan 03 2010
Read 106,026 times

... this might sound stupid, but idc.
Is there a limit on how many times you can change your layout?

•  REPLY  •

Fizbop
Fizbop
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

06:58:02 Jan 04 2010
Read 106,010 times

To my knowledge there is no limit how much you can change it being you can always upload a file and the file can always be changed.

•  REPLY  •

TiarasDream
TiarasDream
Blood Drinker (68)
[ Give / Take ]

04:18:54 Jan 22 2010
Read 105,671 times

wow so much of this confused me.. all i wonder is how to change pics like the biting and stalkin and what not. where in the pattern can that be changed?

•  REPLY  •

Erinyes
Erinyes
Royal Sire (206)
[ Give / Take ]
02:57:55 Jan 27 2010
Read 105,531 times

can the big to VR banner be changed in covens since theres a file storage there too....

•  REPLY  •

Fizbop
Fizbop
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

20:27:17 Feb 18 2010
Read 104,823 times

Wondering if the skins option will be available for covens and or houses, if this was a feature you were planning to add.

I think this would be a unique addition to even more customize your coven and or house to have it stand out more.

•  REPLY  •

LadyLibra
LadyLibra
Sire (102)
[ Give / Take ]
21:56:18 Mar 04 2010
Read 104,554 times

My favorite look is Bantam Brown, however I am forced to use the VR Classic Red on some and the VR Classic Purple on others because the other newer layouts don't have direct links to several places like your mentorship, your coven and several other places. Why is that?

•  REPLY  •

BillytheJust
BillytheJust
Venerable Sire (135)
[ Give / Take ]
07:37:03 Mar 21 2010
Read 104,415 times

The layouts were intentionally designed that way. Some are more complex and have more links available than others. While others are very simple and stream-lined. We also have some layouts that are better for larger monitor sizes!

It gives members a much greater control over the design and look of the site.

If anyone needs to find a certain link or page, one option is to go to the bottom of any page and click on the site map link. ALL pages are available there. Doesn't matter which layout you use.

•  REPLY  •

xMurderMyLovex
xMurderMyLovex
Behemoth (65)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hades (Coven)
23:50:14 Apr 16 2010
Read 104,008 times

Question...

I am using a netbook. (That is a mini-laptop if you didn't know). What would be the best layout for the small screen of my netbook?

•  REPLY  •

BeautifulEnlightenment
BeautifulEnlightenment
Venerable Sire (135)
[ Give / Take ]
17:48:21 Apr 17 2010
Read 103,957 times

don't know...

I was wondering how do I get my name where it says Vampire Rave. I don't understand what to after downloading

•  REPLY  •

evilsmiles
evilsmiles
Malcontent (9)
[ Give / Take ]
15:12:35 May 28 2010
Read 103,733 times

I have a issue with the dash board.lol... It layout menu is screwey. I dont have the VR red, and the blue isnt working right.sigh

•  REPLY  •

BeautifulEnlightenment
BeautifulEnlightenment
Venerable Sire (135)
[ Give / Take ]
16:18:11 Jun 15 2010
Read 103,510 times

Shadowflame... no. The only thing you can do is "Choose Layout" from the drop down menu and pick the layout you want to force in your profile as well. This can be done in the Edit Profile section.

In my profile, the stalking picture isn't working at all and never did. Does anyone know how to fix this??

•  REPLY  •

Artume
Artume
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
21:17:45 Jun 16 2010
Read 103,454 times

I had a similair issue with not getting my bite mark and stalk mark to show up, and I did it the same way I did it with my LDR profile but it just won't work on my other one.

I would think that maybe the new cell skin would work good with the netbook

•  REPLY  •

F0LA
F0LA
Great Sire (114)
[ Give / Take ]
02:16:03 Jul 09 2010
Read 103,301 times

I am using cimmerian red layout with a customised layout. I would like to know how to change the red lines between main description and ratings to a customised line, if possible?

•  REPLY  •

GypsyWitch
GypsyWitch
Archfiend (57)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
04:17:22 Jul 21 2010
Read 103,040 times

Questions about getting images to show up.. I have some protection stamps at the end of my profile that will not show up, this is a basic account. I am not certain what is going on with it or if the coding is messed up. the last time I checked there was no limits to what we put on our profiles other then what went against TOS.

Is there anyone that can help me figure this one out???

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
16:29:18 Jul 21 2010
Read 103,016 times

The coding is off a bit.

You need to add the equal sign (=) after img src.

You currently have:

You need to add the "=" as shown below:

•  REPLY  •

DeathsxXgentleXxkiss
DeathsxXgentleXxkiss
Phantom (28)
[ Give / Take ]

01:16:04 Aug 12 2010
Read 102,628 times

mine is simple i'm just trying to get a backround on. and i honestly haven't the clue how. i tired the methods i used in other websites but it doesn't work it just shows the code on my profile. so i was wondering how it's done.

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
02:37:09 Aug 12 2010
Read 102,609 times

Basic Background

Instructions for setting up a Basic Background can be found here:

Background For Basic Member

Make sure the first part of the code goes at the very beginning of your Text Area and the 2nd part at the very end. If you don't put the 2nd code at the end, it will will cause your page to not show properly which may cause your Profile to be Suspended until it is fixed.

•  REPLY  •

BelovedxTwilight
BelovedxTwilight
Overthrower (98)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Art (Coven)
03:09:48 Sep 22 2010
Read 102,292 times

Okay, I have been trying to find somewhere some coding to give my profile description area some opacity to just the background color and not the text. I don't want it to be completely transparent; I'm looking to add a background color to the table and have the background color be opaque; anyone have a clue as to how I do that?

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
16:25:06 Sep 22 2010
Read 102,254 times

BelovedxTwilight:

If you wish to make a specific background opaque (without affecting any other images or text on your Profile), you can create a .png file. With the .png file format, you can control the percentage of transparency of the graphic.

You can create this sort of .png file in Graphics Programs such as Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Gimp and PhotoImpact.

•  REPLY  •

BelovedxTwilight
BelovedxTwilight
Overthrower (98)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Art (Coven)
17:00:17 Sep 25 2010
Read 102,136 times

okay now I read on .png files and I have no idea how to do that...LoL

•  REPLY  •

BORAX
BORAX
Sire (106)
[ Give / Take ]
11:12:23 Oct 16 2010
Read 101,797 times

I love reading this thread as these tips are very helpful. Thank you. I have tried to make my other profile KALIxNINA a forced layout but it does not work the same as it does on this profile. Does any one have ideas on why it would work on one account and not the other when I am doing the same thing on both?

•  REPLY  •

Username
Username
Interloper (47)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
10:38:05 Nov 10 2010
Read 100,917 times

No need for PNG! This code works in most browsers. Set your image with an Id:

HTML
img src="picture.jpeg" id="picture"

CSS

div or class id { opacity:0.9; }

•  REPLY  •

Fizbop
Fizbop
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

17:43:02 Dec 21 2010
Read 100,303 times

I put a video together for skinning this may help you

See my journal by going to my journal under cool stuff

or click this link

HowToSkin A VR profile

Hope this helps.

•  REPLY  •

MartriarchOfWitches
MartriarchOfWitches

No Longer Registered
17:32:55 Mar 15 2011
Read 97,690 times

I would like to use orcale red as well i love it but it doesnt seem to fit my pictures go over and im not premium so i have no idea how to fix it :(

•  REPLY  •

J13
J13
Grave Robber (22)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
10:39:14 Apr 09 2011
Read 97,445 times

I downloaded a layout pack. I know to edit the css file but what is the grafix pack? I see the icons in the file is that it? How would I edit them?

•  REPLY  •

XLostAngelX
XLostAngelX

No Longer Registered
19:20:16 Apr 12 2011
Read 96,993 times

Ok...Ive looked and looked. I feel like an idiot. But I just..CAN NOT figure out how to change the VR logo at the top of my profile to my name. Can someone please help..I would love you forever. Thank you
Angel

•  REPLY  •

KINKYVAMPIRESS
KINKYVAMPIRESS
Viper (75)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
00:47:04 May 05 2011
Read 96,702 times

This is going to seem stupid but...

I am trying to find a layout that I like, but every time I find one it wont work on my profile, and I don't know why. Does anyone know of some where I can find a good layout?

Edit: You can find some great profiles right here on The Dark Network! Many layouts, such as Myspace, don't work very well here since the coding is now stricter. The main issue however is that you are not a Premium member and the site is removing (not allowing) you use some of the tags.

Being a Premium member does have many benefits. So does being a member of a Society here on Vampire Rave. You can also ask for advice in our House forums. ~ BillytheJust

•  REPLY  •

Asmodeus
Asmodeus
Great Sire (110)
[ Give / Take ]
22:13:38 Jun 04 2011
Read 94,879 times

To place pics from your photobucket use the URL of your album used for storage as a Graphics Path- when used it looks something like this:

http://s891.photobucket.com/albums/ac118/TheCovenOfShadowedAngels/hellsguardian/

•  REPLY  •

SADIZTIKxINJEKTION
SADIZTIKxINJEKTION
Whelp (1)
[ Give / Take ]
02:02:11 Aug 23 2011
Read 88,938 times

When designing profile layouts and style sheets I have a problem with the red horizontal lines which I cannot find the code for in the style sheet. Can anyone assist me in changing the color of the horizontal lines please?

•  REPLY  •

HiddenSoul
HiddenSoul
Sire (102)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of La Bella Oscuridad
21:27:07 Sep 13 2011
Read 85,176 times

Does anyone have the help page for dark network? Just coming back and haven't had the chance to go back to the premium account yet soo I need some refreshers on working with non premium, thanks. If anyone could be of help it would be really appreciated

Bones edit: You can find that page here, Dark Network Profile Help Page.

•  REPLY  •

Victor13
Victor13

No Longer Registered
19:30:00 Oct 13 2011
Read 82,422 times

From what I have read the process of changing and making your own skin or layout is rather simple. My question is where along the process can you add or change the background image?

Basically, I like my page setup I just want to add an image as my pages background. Any help would be great.

V~

•  REPLY  •

BillytheJust
BillytheJust
Venerable Sire (135)
[ Give / Take ]
04:57:18 Mar 17 2012
Read 68,080 times

I'm seeing various posts on other topics which should not be made to this particular thread. We do have other help threads and pages in the forums and throughout the site.

You can also ask for help in your Society forums.

Please - as always - keep to the thread topic in hand.

This thread is for help for Layout and Skin Support only.

If in doubt, always read the first post first.

~ billy

•  REPLY  •

dawndarkangel
dawndarkangel
Monstrosity (34)
[ Give / Take ]

05:47:57 May 03 2012
Read 62,909 times

i have the same question like DominusSatani, if there is any public skin for regular members like me...

•  REPLY  •

DreamlordsAngel
DreamlordsAngel

No Longer Registered
21:31:15 May 30 2012
Read 62,072 times

Are all of the skins and lay outs pre made? or are we able to make our own? Never been very good at it, usually I use a generic code. *shrugs* any help would be great!

•  REPLY  •

pandorasoul
pandorasoul
Harasser (15)
[ Give / Take ]
19:35:15 Jun 10 2012
Read 61,104 times

I can't seem to get mine to change at all, Where exactly am I supposed to put the code? Just to make sure I did put it in the correct place

•  REPLY  •

BillytheJust
BillytheJust
Venerable Sire (135)
[ Give / Take ]
16:29:22 Jun 11 2012
Read 60,985 times

The Layout and Skin page in the VR Manual will explain most of your questions. It can be found HERE.

Please keep in mind the differences of "Layout" & "Skin." Only Premium account members can make their own skins. Yes, a couple are made for them to use and be used as examples. Anyone can use the layout option! You will see it on the right side column, above the User Menu. Some public skins are there too.

•  REPLY  •

kimberly101
kimberly101
Monstrosity (34)
[ Give / Take ]
08:13:10 Jun 23 2012
Read 59,398 times

do you have to be a primie to put a different forbidden backround layout

•  REPLY  •

vHellsGuardianv
vHellsGuardianv
Royal Sire (205)
Honor: 165
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Nocturnal Retribution is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Nocturnal Retribution
05:17:19 Jul 23 2012
Read 59,185 times

For a full screen background or a forced layout (VR logos, icons changed) yes you must be a premium member. Basic members are limited to a centered background which only covers the description area on your profile page.

•  REPLY  •

LadySilva
LadySilva
Venerable Sire (134)
Honor: 2,350
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Temples of The Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs
11:11:36 Aug 18 2012
Read 58,387 times

Im not sure im in the right section but i am interested in changing the vampire rave logo in the top left to blue on my profile as i have seen on others profile's nobody seems to know how to do it im just wondering if anyone here knows how thanks.

•  REPLY  •

BillytheJust
BillytheJust
Venerable Sire (135)
[ Give / Take ]
19:06:26 Sep 05 2012
Read 55,511 times

It a simple matter of forcing your layout.

Edit Profile.

Then, below your Style sheet coding, you will see:
"Forced Layout of Profile"

In the pull-down menu in "Layout to Force:" Click "VR Classic Blue."

Hit Submit.

Header will change as will a couple of others like HR.

*save your style sheet coding before you do this. This particular change will not alter what you created but if you click the above premium skins - your coding will be lost!*

•  REPLY  •

MusicelliaDanu
MusicelliaDanu
Revenant (41)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
22:20:18 Sep 17 2012
Read 52,765 times

I would like to make my Profile page steampunk but none of the layouts seem to work colorscheme wise and although it should be simple the instructions on making a skin read like stero instructions. can someone help me???

•  REPLY  •

DogsofWar
DogsofWar
Great Sire (117)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
19:30:19 Sep 28 2012
Read 52,623 times

I just recently got hold of a premium and now i have no idea what the coding is to change the background on my profile @.@

•  REPLY  •

silentlord
silentlord
Malignant Spirit (49)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
18:42:29 Nov 10 2012
Read 51,798 times

can you change your layout without having a premium membership?

•  REPLY  •

Fizbop
Fizbop
Superior Sire (140)
[ Give / Take ]

19:17:29 Dec 29 2012
Read 51,519 times

Only Premium Members can use skins. Free members are limited to the layouts that are available in the 'Choose Layout' drop down list.

silentlord
Malignant Spirit (49)
Honor: 365
[ Give / Take ]

Layout and Skin Support
Posted: 13:42:29 - Nov 10 2012
Times viewed: 273

can you change your layout without having a premium membership?

•  REPLY  •

SangrealVulpes
SangrealVulpes
Heretic (18)
[ Give / Take ]
03:25:25 Feb 19 2013
Read 50,741 times

Ok, good evening Cancer Sir.

I recently purchased premium membership to see for a trial.
Seeing it that i'm not tech savy at all!!!
Doesn't help me, i'm having a BI**h of a time trying to just even get by back ground set, i'm clue less...
I don't know what to do, and i know there's probably no way i could send you an email and upload the picture and send it to you, i'm sure that's out of the question...
So, being discouraged....i'm not sure ill keep the Premium membership...:(
I want to but whats the point if i cant work it and have fun with it....sorry...i don't know what to do.

Sincerely and respectfully {SangrealVulpes}

•  REPLY  •

SangrealVulpes
SangrealVulpes
Heretic (18)
[ Give / Take ]
03:26:31 Feb 19 2013
Read 50,733 times

Skins manager needs to be more user friendly.

•  REPLY  •

mavis79
mavis79
Viper (75)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
16:06:47 Feb 25 2013
Read 50,430 times

As a fairly new member, I find myself wanting to embed a playlist from playlist.com... Is this possible with the new layout? If so, where do I need to embed the code?

•  REPLY  •

MooniePie
MooniePie
Royal Sire (226)
Honor: 40
[ Give / Take ]
19:49:45 Feb 25 2013
Read 50,399 times

You need to be a Premium member in order to use the embed code.

•  REPLY  •

Zom
Zom

No Longer Registered
12:23:32 Mar 06 2013
Read 50,294 times

With photobucket no longer allowing direct links to albums; I was wondering if there is another site that can be used to direct link so that my skins will work properly?

I know that some members direct link to their file storage but I have yet to figure out how that is done.

•  REPLY  •

Deliciousness
Deliciousness

No Longer Registered
13:03:45 Mar 06 2013
Read 50,279 times

I use imgur.com myself
never did like photobucket

•  REPLY  •

Lethargy
Lethargy
Sire (106)
[ Give / Take ]
23:51:06 Mar 07 2013
Read 50,026 times

File storage link:

https://www.vampirerave.com/premium/files/USERNAME/

•  REPLY  •

TheArtistRose
TheArtistRose
Venerable Sire (133)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Art (Coven)
11:17:03 Mar 15 2013
Read 48,413 times

The direct links for photobucket still work, Zombie. You just have to find it. ;)

See, there may not be a direct link to the whole album BUT if go to the individual image, take that direct link and lets say that link ends with something like.. "vr_bottom_logo.gif", take that off before you post the whole link into your Graphics Path. Tell me if this helped, I know it's working for me. :)

•  REPLY  •

vHellsGuardianv
vHellsGuardianv
Royal Sire (205)
Honor: 165
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Nocturnal Retribution is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Nocturnal Retribution
01:04:49 Apr 07 2013
Read 47,246 times

I've attempted to set a layout in on my main profile (multiple account user) though it seems no matter what Photobucket URL I use it will not work- and others have had this issue as well so I'll post the solution I personally found.

Creating the icons and logos has not changed in it's method, though I can offer a solution to the "broken icons, logos, etc" issue.

You gotta be a PM to do so, and there's your solution. Upload the images you have into your File Storage. Your Graphics path should look like this using this method:

https://www.vampirerave.com/premium/files/blackenedxwings/

Just choose which layout to force, use a URL like above and you're good to go. Your layout will show.

•  REPLY  •

DragonMother
DragonMother
Sire (102)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
13:27:44 Apr 23 2013
Read 43,299 times

I ended up looking at what Cancer posted here (close to the top of this thread) and just uploaded everything to my file storage.

Thank you everyone for your help.

•  REPLY  •

Zom
Zom

No Longer Registered
13:32:22 Apr 23 2013
Read 43,292 times

Sorry, the above post is my other profile. I forgot which profile I was on when I posted.

To reiterate, this is what Cancer posted above and it worked just fine...

Step 4

This step is optional.

If you want, you can change the graphics for Oracle Red. Edit the graphics in the layout pack. When editing graphics you must follow these rules:

You cannot change the file names of files.

You cannot change the file types / file extensions. Most all are gif.

You cannot change the image dimensions (pixel width/height).

After you're done editing the files, upload them ALL, even the ones you have not changed, to your file storage. All files MUST be in the same place.

Go to Edit Your Profile, section Forced Layout of Profile. Re-select Oracle Red. CSS should be filled in. In Graphics Path put:

https://www.vampirerave.com/premium/files/YOUR_VR_NAME_LOWER_CASE/

Click submit. That should be it.

•  REPLY  •

BillytheJust
BillytheJust
Venerable Sire (135)
[ Give / Take ]
19:14:41 May 07 2013
Read 40,204 times

This thread is about "Layout and Skin Support" only.

All posts not about this topic will be deleted.

General Profile help can be found here:

HTML For Whelps

Dark Network Profile Help Page

*The above thread is one of my Beloved Threads* :D

•  REPLY  •

xTaintedAngelx
xTaintedAngelx
Nightmare (97)
[ Give / Take ]
03:40:08 May 16 2013
Read 39,888 times

Will using a skin to change the VR logo to something of my own, mess up the background that I already have?

•  REPLY  •

OmegaSupreme
OmegaSupreme
Noble Sire (161)
[ Give / Take ]
03:08:32 Jun 13 2013
Read 35,129 times

Will changing the color affect my other settings?

•  REPLY  •

MartriarchOfWitches
MartriarchOfWitches

No Longer Registered
02:26:34 Oct 15 2013
Read 28,584 times

How do i add background to the orcale red I have got all my files in storage, please help me

also question two

changing stalking etc i cant figure it out. for different jif's i want like A skull instead of and eyeball.?

•  REPLY  •

DarkVampGiirl03
DarkVampGiirl03
Unclean Spirit (39)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 10 years.
09:55:05 Feb 17 2014
Read 21,179 times

How do you change the Vr logo to your own thats all I wanna know thanks

•  REPLY  •

NOBLE
NOBLE

No Longer Registered
14:24:51 Apr 06 2014
Read 17,622 times

This will help:

https://www.vampirerave.com/kb.php?chapter=960&page=210

•  REPLY  •

Wiccanforever
Wiccanforever
Quadruped (33)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
23:10:36 Apr 13 2014
Read 16,637 times

on the cimeran red background layout, i want to do my forced gifs but i do not know how small the forced buttons should be

home portfolio premium profile, etc. can someone message me please i would like to set them so it s able to use properly,

•  REPLY  •

PsiVampBeauty
PsiVampBeauty
Ferine (29)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
09:12:14 Apr 14 2014
Read 16,499 times

New to the forums, where do I go to find the coding help for my profile? Sorry to post this here, just haven't found that forum.

•  REPLY  •

LadyJigsaw
LadyJigsaw
Noble Sire (165)
Honor: 397
[ Give / Take ]
13:49:58 Apr 14 2014
Read 16,425 times

The next thread down, the one titled Dark Network Profile Help Page has the link you seek.

•  REPLY  •

xMENACEx
xMENACEx
Apparition (36)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 9 years.
21:23:57 Feb 05 2015
Read 10,298 times

How does one place more than one navigational box on their profile

•  REPLY  •

darkmoonrising
darkmoonrising

No Longer Registered
01:18:06 Jul 04 2015
Read 9,202 times

how do i add song in background

•  REPLY  •

MsNighteyes
MsNighteyes
Marplot (14)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 8 years.
18:28:20 Jul 09 2015
Read 9,163 times

Where would I find the customize page to edit my profile?.

•  REPLY  •

MooniePie
MooniePie
Royal Sire (226)
Honor: 40
[ Give / Take ]
19:35:21 Jul 09 2015
Read 9,161 times

Since you are a free member you do not get the ability to use layouts and skins.

In order to edit your profile you look under the Menu section. It says Profile and click Edit Profile.

•  REPLY  •

JamesMacknight
JamesMacknight
Mosquito (7)
[ Give / Take ]
18:42:22 Oct 21 2015
Read 8,735 times

I'd like to have a background image on my profile. I see other people have them and the manual asserts that it's possible for premium members but doesn't explain how to do it.

Is there a simple way to do this?

•  REPLY  •

BillytheJust
BillytheJust
Venerable Sire (135)
[ Give / Take ]
23:45:36 Oct 26 2015
Read 8,696 times

It can be simple depending on want you wish to do.

You will be able to find what you seek in our, "Dark Network Profile Help Page" thread - below this one.

~billy

•  REPLY  •

ghostlygirl
ghostlygirl
Cannibal (30)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
18:10:44 Jan 02 2016
Read 8,313 times

How does a non premium member make a simple background?

•  REPLY  •

AtsilaOdahingum
AtsilaOdahingum

No Longer Registered
03:32:58 Mar 20 2016
Read 7,776 times

How do you post a background photo onto a profile using photo bucket?

•  REPLY  •

sevenfold
sevenfold
Shadow (10)
[ Give / Take ]
08:17:19 Mar 22 2016
Read 7,737 times

I'm so new to this site I don't really know if this applies. But, i did see a question asking about profile pics. I for the life of me could not add a profile pic of my face. Could get it in the portfolio, but not profile! Bout lost my mind. Then i thought of something. I went to portfolio, clicked on my picture i uploaded that i wanted in the profile, and saved image. It downloaded to my phone to downlaods automatically. Then went to profile, searched the download file, clicked it, and bam. Went through!! If that helps.

•  REPLY  •

Volpe
Volpe

No Longer Registered
16:20:39 Apr 10 2016
Read 7,592 times

can you mix navigational boxes and regular scroll boxes

•  REPLY  •

xXIncognitoXx
xXIncognitoXx

No Longer Registered
22:38:24 Apr 11 2016
Read 7,575 times

Yes you can, once you fill the navigation box with your content you will see that it automatically turns it into a scroll box. So your navigation box becomes a scroll box when it has more information than the box can take. Does this answer your question?

•  REPLY  •

BlackWingedVixen
BlackWingedVixen

No Longer Registered
18:55:40 Apr 12 2016
Read 7,563 times

no it does not answer my question. I would love to use both a nav box and scroll boxes on my profile....I know with enough info nav box become scroll boxes

•  REPLY  •

CryingMist
CryingMist
Royal Sire (212)
[ Give / Take ]
22:19:44 Apr 15 2016
Read 7,517 times

For this kind of thing that is not really a layout issue but more a profile coding thingy, I would suggest you check out the thread about profile help,

Its one of the first in this section of the forum, there is a direct link to the profile help page, both for premium and non premium on how to put pictures, content, background etc

Its very user friendly and you can always ask question about it in that thread

•  REPLY  •

Serianna
Serianna

No Longer Registered
00:31:48 May 13 2016
Read 7,346 times

Is there way too do Orcale background while adding some your own graphics on it if so how i want too learn and use for my theme please, someone message me asap!

•  REPLY  •

kyriaragnar33
kyriaragnar33
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]
The Cry of the Banshee (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Cry of the Banshee (Coven)
21:20:57 May 15 2016
Read 7,315 times

I've been trying to get some of my letters to be different from just a regular text and need help please

•  REPLY  •

Chiyo
Chiyo
Caitiff (17)
[ Give / Take ]
21:21:59 Jun 09 2016
Read 7,137 times

Okay so its been years sense Ive coded a profile here on this site. So rusty in fact that I am damn sure Im going to need a tetanus shot.
I need a wonderful person that is good with HTML formatting
I can supply pictures, spunky notes, and wit and charm.

I just dont know how to do it.

•  REPLY  •

Gamorrah
Gamorrah

No Longer Registered
01:39:32 Jun 27 2016
Read 7,034 times

Will someone update the Eternal layouts for browsing, especially the showcased images that include users that are no longer found.

•  REPLY  •

LadyBranwen
LadyBranwen
Disciple (53)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Dark Souls (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 7 years.
23:31:06 Jul 27 2016
Read 6,818 times

How do I change the Background in Batnam brown Layout from Red too the one i Wish?

•  REPLY  •

19:48:52 Jul 31 2016
Read 6,779 times

Have these rules changed? I have seen many examples of the "vr_top_logo.gif" or the banner at the top of the profile being much taller in pixel dimensions.
"You can change any of the graphics in the pack. When changing graphics, a few rules apply:

You cannot change the file name.

You cannot change the file extension or file type.

You cannot change the image pixel dimensions."

•  REPLY  •

22:04:45 Aug 01 2016
Read 6,737 times

Chiyo - If you still need help please message me.

WiccanPride - I'm pretty sure you can't. I think it is just in the system for Cancer to test updates to the site. I noticed It as well and was able to share my Profile on Facebook but nothing really else.

Gamorrah - You may customize that layout with a skin and have some control over the features you wish to update.

XBleedingForYouX - To change anything in a layout you must create a skin. If you have already made a skin check your CSS file for the color you wish to change, change the color name or hex code in the file and save the file. Delete your old skin. Upload the new version of your CSS file to your file host.Go to skin manager and create a new skin. Paste the url to the new CSS file in the "CSS file:" section and your graphics folder url in the "Graphics Path: " section . Choose bantam brown in the drop down menu, and name your new skin. Choose the new skin if it doesn't automatically update.

All profile editing questions do not belong in this thread. Please check out the Dark Network Profile Help Page

If you have trouble with skins please read this section of the manual:Layouts and Skins

If you still need help Please feel free to message me. :-)

•  REPLY  •

Falendria
Falendria
Harasser (15)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 5 years.
21:34:00 Mar 24 2019
Read 4,353 times

I have been using layout and skins and don't seem to get the result I want. I am computer literate, but I see all of awesome pictures on other profiles and can't seem to be able to do what I would like.

•  REPLY  •

14:56:57 Apr 20 2019
Read 4,313 times

Falendria, the best way to create a skin is to edit your profile first. Get it the way you desire then use that code to create your skin.

I recommend that you Google search css background no repeat.

•  REPLY  •

LadyAshes
LadyAshes
Curmudgeon (11)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 4 years.
07:18:39 Mar 01 2020
Read 3,456 times

Is there a forum for HTML help?

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (118)
Honor: 143
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
15:01:20 Mar 02 2020
Read 3,445 times

Under members Articles there is an entry for HTML help.

•  REPLY  •

xAsTrOx
xAsTrOx
Vexer (13)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 1 years.
23:16:28 May 18 2022
Read 1,269 times

Looking to get some support with HTML/CSS, please can someone message me?

•  REPLY  •

mAdEvilKNIGHT
mAdEvilKNIGHT
Fomenter (8)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 1 years.
17:54:45 Mar 31 2023
Read 644 times

How do you even get or make a css file? I know absolutely nothing, have how to form my page.

•  REPLY  •

20:55:16 Apr 15 2023
Read 614 times

On May 18 2022 xAsTrOx wrote:

Looking to get some support with HTML/CSS, please can someone message me?

Feel free to message me when you are online I will attempt to answer any questions you have.

•  REPLY  •

20:59:37 Apr 15 2023
Read 613 times

On Mar 31 2023 mAdEvilKNIGHT wrote:

How do you even get or make a css file? I know absolutely nothing, have how to form my page.

You can get a css file by downloading it from the Skin manager. It is not required to do this but is recommended if you intend on making a skin at some point. This file will allow you to change several areas of Vampire Rave. For more advanced editing you will have to add additional codes that are not included.

•  REPLY  •

POST RESPONSE

•   QUOTE  •   QUOTE HELP  •  

POST PREVIEW

•  CLOSE PREVIEW  •  
Post preview does not reflect tags that may be stripped out after you post. What HTML tags you can use depends on your membership type. More information.

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 1.4675 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X