Superior Sire (147)
Honor: 88
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 19 years.
02:12:36 Jul 02 2009
Read 4,264 times

This is a continuation of this thread:

https://www.vampirerave.com/forum/message.php?message=39919&group=1&catid=1

Please read that thread before posting here.

•  REPLY  •

PandorasBx
PandorasBx
Royal Sire (209)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
02:30:15 Jul 02 2009
Read 4,249 times

Reposting this as it was at the end of the previous thread:

The Top list covers many areas and all that count towards leveling up but we do not have a Top Database Submissions list, I would like to see this included if feasible as it also a part of leveling on this site and the core of it as well.

Is this a possibility?

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
Honor: 104,439
[ Give / Take ]
Cartomancer is the Hand of the Prince.
Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
03:53:51 Jul 02 2009
Read 4,219 times

Here's an idea... how about a kind "Top Friends" list for us to have those friends show up in our right side menu as priority. Many of us have a huge list, this way we can see our best of the best first. This wouldn't be like MySpace... no one else would know but the individual for purposes of the side menu section only.

•  REPLY  •

Kglitterous
Kglitterous
Sire (105)
[ Give / Take ]
House Eternal is a member of an Alliance

Member of House Eternal
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
04:04:18 Jul 02 2009
Read 4,212 times

Sometimes I wish that I could find a forum that I posted in... especially if it is kitty litter and a couple of days have gone by and it is buried under 75 games.

Or maybe you want to reference something from an old thread instead of just rehashing all the old arguments.

Like a search threads that you have commented in feature.

•  REPLY  •

lordxofxwar
lordxofxwar
Premiere Sire (123)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of Caomhnõir-an-Eolas
05:17:49 Jul 02 2009
Read 4,193 times

I would also like to see the Top the database submitters/editors if at all possible since VR did start out as a database on everything Vampiric and as stated before it is apart of leveling. Plus it might add drive to some members to submit more new things to the database if they are wanting to try and be at the top.

•  REPLY  •

KCRC
KCRC
Sire (102)
[ Give / Take ]

Member of House Eternal
12:34:38 Jul 02 2009
Read 4,158 times

Since auto-update is now mandatory for everyone, would it be possible to be directed to the status summary screen when you log in, in the same manner as when you manually update?

I know, I know, it's just 10 min but it drives me nuts not knowing why my status dropped 0.3% overnight! The ten minutes seems like an eternity!

Now with 100+ additional levels...well...

•  REPLY  •

sheepsheadwanderer
sheepsheadwanderer
Baronial Sire (177)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Art (Coven)
19:35:19 Jul 02 2009
Read 4,120 times

I would like to see in File Storage a delete button for each item like we have for forum posts...... instead of deleting one by one.

And I agree with Imagesinwords to have a unique friends list set up so that we can have who we talk with most visible first. I often have to look on the Dashboard now to see who is online.

•  REPLY  •

ToxicKitten
ToxicKitten
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Art (Coven)
06:16:27 Jul 03 2009
Read 4,023 times

Also, I believe the sandbox posts should not count towards the " real " posts for the level.

They should not count because it's not fair to those that post in real threads and put an effort in.

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
16:50:05 Jul 03 2009
Read 3,981 times

DreamlessNight... there is a reason for everything.

Site activity is site activity. Forum posting is all *bonus* now anyway and is not required to level to Sire. Sandbox threads used to count like everywhere else, and it changed over a year ago- everyone complained then as well. Cancer has made a lot of revisions, and I have never heard of him doing anything without thought and rationality.

•  REPLY  •

ToxicKitten
ToxicKitten
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Art (Coven)
19:46:14 Jul 03 2009
Read 3,968 times

So, because i can say " lol " or " i agree " 100 times...means i should level when other put forth so much hard to to help out in the REAL threads????

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
20:08:48 Jul 03 2009
Read 3,965 times

No you can't. 'I agree' and 'lol' (and the like) can be and are deleted by Dominars as they are found.

That's totally different from what I was saying. Nonsense posts are different from threads. I was referring to threads in the Sandbox. Threads won't be RIA'd... nonsense posts will be deleted. But don't start to get too subjective here.

•  REPLY  •

HoundxOfxJustice
HoundxOfxJustice

No Longer Registered
22:27:08 Jul 03 2009
Read 3,932 times

Something I have always thought would be neat to see has been suggested in a similar manner but what I was thinking was a smaller society such as a Clan that can be started by an individual of lower status then Sire of course the member base would have a limit and the status of the leader would have a status requirement such as level 80 or level 90. I also feel this society should be able to force induct members of lower level then the leader, I feel this is very similar to how vampire society works on a wide scope. I was also thinking about a House that would be a place of honor that only those of the level of Sire may join who choose not to join a coven or traditional and do not wish to start a Coven.

•  REPLY  •

NightBlossom
NightBlossom
Sire (106)
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Nocturnal Retribution is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Nocturnal Retribution
23:32:21 Jul 03 2009
Read 3,916 times

I've got a great idea.

How about a size limit on stamps so they stop stretching every freaking page imaginable????

•  REPLY  •

Indulgence
Indulgence
Noble Sire (163)
[ Give / Take ]
00:57:44 Jul 04 2009
Read 3,890 times

There would be no point to a size limitation on stamps. If you don't like how it stretches your page, block the user until its off.

Just because it is big to you doesn't mean it will be to anyone else.

•  REPLY  •

ToxicKitten
ToxicKitten
Premiere Sire (122)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Art (Coven)
01:01:47 Jul 04 2009
Read 3,887 times

MBK then why is there portfolio size's?

There's no point.

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
01:09:22 Jul 04 2009
Read 3,885 times

Portfolio size limits are totally different. Your image needs to fit into the small pop-up window when it's clicked on.

•  REPLY  •

NightBlossom
NightBlossom
Sire (106)
[ Give / Take ]

01:29:27 Jul 04 2009
Read 3,883 times

No offense MBK, but I'm starting to think you have something against me. You've shot down each idea I've put out in an extremely rude manner. Again, this is supposed to be for suggestions to Cancer, not suggestions to MBK. But maybe this will suit you better.
How about an html blocker on profile/portfolio comments for premium members? I know its a bit myspace but it would save from the argument of "I have the right to put over sized images on whatever I want" and the over block penalty.

•  REPLY  •

Kashka
Kashka
Leech (2)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 12 years.
01:50:05 Jul 04 2009
Read 3,875 times

I have a small idea for the message system.

Is it possible to have it so it appears as if you have new messages when there are new System Messages and Society Messages? It would make things a tad easier, but I don't know how hard the coding is to do it.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
02:01:16 Jul 04 2009
Read 3,864 times

Look guys, the reason that I have never 'fixed' comment graphic sizing is because it is something that is out of my realm of control. If a user uploads a file to photobucket, then links it via comment code in your profile, there is nothing I can do about it. The file is not hosted on the Vampire Rave server. I can't manipulate the graphic in any way.

I could manipulate VR file storage graphics, but only if I was able to determine which were linked to profile comments and which were not. So again, it's impossible.

I may eventually put some scroll bars into the comment area to prevent resizing issues.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
02:02:50 Jul 04 2009
Read 3,862 times

Now in regard to profile/portfolio pictures, that is something entirely different. A user selects a local file and uploads it to the VR server. At that time I can manipulate the graphic and resize it. So it's not comparable to another user who pastes html code into a comment box.

•  REPLY  •

Marix
Marix
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
12:13:09 Jul 04 2009
Read 3,765 times

I like the idea of a scroll bar in the comments area if it exceeds a certain width.
I have seen people before purposely post a picture that will stretch the screen.
I don't have to worry about it much anymore because I have a wide screen monitor, but any other viewers will see it.
In my opinion, having a Assistant House/Coven Master tag would just be overkill.
If you would like it stated on your profile or other places, put it into your avatar like other people.

•  REPLY  •

lordxofxwar
lordxofxwar
Premiere Sire (123)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of Caomhnõir-an-Eolas
16:13:16 Jul 04 2009
Read 3,735 times

I do not believe Assistant Society Master tags would really be beneficial in any way really. I like the Society Master tags because then new members can go look at the Society Masters Profile and then either Click the Representation tag or the actual link to the Society and can easily find any assistant Society member by going to the members list.

Having an assistant Society Master tag I feel is pointless and in the end be a waste of memory for the servers since assistant society masters can be switched out with another Coven member every day if the Coven Master wants....

Assistant Coven Masters Have many Powers, but they do not have all of a Coven Masters Powers. Coven Masters can never be moved to another position with in the Coven unless approved by Cancer, they are the only one with the ability to disband the Coven other than Cancer or Regent, they are the only one that can change the mark and rep when ever they choose other than Cancer or Regent, they have the Master message system at their use, and we are the only Member of the Society that can issue the Mark of the Master. I might have missed a few things, but what I am getting at is the ACM's or AHM's do not have the same powers with in their Society as the Society Master.

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
16:24:34 Jul 04 2009
Read 3,730 times

You've made the real point here, Lord... the people with the 'titles' are all approved/appointed by Cancer, all these other people are not.

Now, I am going to go through and delete all these extra posts about giving society admins titles because honestly, it's taking over Cancer's thread and people are just going back and forth on this and not leaving well enough alone. MsSanguinarius, your suggestion remains- and if Cancer feels the needs to address it, he will. If you agree with MsSanguinarius' suggestion, you don't need to respond that you do, it's here already and will be read. I'd hate to see it RIP for max posts because we couldn't move on :(

•  REPLY  •

KCRC
KCRC
Sire (102)
[ Give / Take ]

Member of House Eternal
23:53:16 Jul 04 2009
Read 3,678 times

In relation to Portfolio photos.

Would it be possible to not allow the creation of a Portfolio if no photos are uploaded?

In reviewing Portfolios there are quite a few that have NO original content uploaded in the "portfolio" images, just tons of internet or other images in the "description" area.

In my opinion, that sort of defeats the purpose of the portfolio.

•  REPLY  •

Kglitterous
Kglitterous
Sire (105)
[ Give / Take ]

Member of House Eternal
01:13:47 Jul 05 2009
Read 3,658 times

All original content on a pro would be my idea of heaven (or judicious use of stock photos.) However:

Not everyone has a digital camera and/or a scanner, nor do they want photos of themselves. A profile with no graphic content can be as bad to read as one that is mostly non original.

I think most people go through a stage where they have tests as the primary filler for their pro. Most grow out of it.

Not everyone is lucky enough to have cool Morrigon skills.
*laughs*

•  REPLY  •

rockingXrobin
rockingXrobin
Elemental (77)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 15 years.
07:49:43 Jul 05 2009
Read 3,612 times

what about the block list if someone has you on it and they delete there profile can we have it where we lose that block.right a way

•  REPLY  •

Indulgence
Indulgence
Noble Sire (163)
[ Give / Take ]
12:13:45 Jul 05 2009
Read 3,592 times

It is only a thirty day wait until you are removed when they are fully removed from the server. That is essentially right away compared to waiting for them to not sign on for a year.

•  REPLY  •

XTCraver
XTCraver

No Longer Registered
15:05:01 Jul 05 2009
Read 3,581 times

I have a question about the test to become an acolyte. I was wondering if one of the questions was updated or not. It has the correct answer for the old VR and the updated system. I do not want to post it here because that would be against one of the rules, but if an admin would like to help me out, that would be cool.

•  REPLY  •

Sorren
Sorren
Unregenerate (63)
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
18:50:09 Jul 05 2009
Read 3,556 times

I have a suggestion I hope I can put it into words easy enough for it to be understood as I am not good in speaking on threads or getting my ideas across

Cancer you have it set up now that

Level 2 is never deleted for inactivity, but in the last three or four days I have seen what I call dead profiles, profiles where people have not signed in since January or even one that created a profile in december of 2007 and hasn't signed in, since Jan 2008 some of these dead profiles have me on their friend list or blocked list....

is there something we can do to take these profiles off the system or make it so I don't know maybe like two profile lists ones who are active and ones who are inactive....

•  REPLY  •

jennaKARRO
jennaKARRO
Banshee (72)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 14 years.
20:08:38 Jul 05 2009
Read 3,542 times

Or simply raise the level...a level 2 is rather easy to get and the people who own the profiles still don't know if they want to stick around yet. Maybe give the level 2 a couple months before deletion and raise the never to a higher spot.

•  REPLY  •

Ravena
Ravena
Sire (105)
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
07:23:29 Jul 06 2009
Read 3,432 times

I would like to see the option to search according to who is the most active, or the last to log in... It would make it easier to get past all the one's that aren't online often and the suspended for infinity....

•  REPLY  •

MysticalWench
MysticalWench
Great Sire (111)
[ Give / Take ]
23:52:23 Jul 06 2009
Read 3,333 times

In the database, mainly under books, could there be a section where you can search by author? That would help tons to lessen the duplicate entries... (Keyword doesn't always work in regard to authors)

Thanks for any response to that

•  REPLY  •

MysticalWench
MysticalWench
Great Sire (111)
[ Give / Take ]
00:03:20 Jul 07 2009
Read 3,326 times

oh, one more thing... I have been editing a lot of entries into the database... Mostly books, and though the only things I change are the typo's in the description, it seem when I hit send, more often then not, the fields go blank.

Is there a glitch there??

(I have been tossing the idea back and forth to a procurator and he says I am not the first person that this is happening to)

•  REPLY  •

LordVerbal
LordVerbal
Great Sire (116)
[ Give / Take ]
07:08:34 Jul 07 2009
Read 3,257 times

I think it would be nice to see something like this on my friend list... the links could be stacked or side by side, whichever. This would make life easier for me. The more links to click the better, but the ones in the pic are the most preferable. Knowing the user level without having to view the profile, or even leave the homepage for that matter, is a plus as well.

•  REPLY  •

LostinLife
LostinLife
Hellhound (70)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
20:42:05 Jul 07 2009
Read 3,214 times

The new status system was confusing at first but now it's easier to understand, but wondering about the Top lists as well ...what about Top Portfolio's on that list, and I think I posted this before but not sure... would it in any way be feasible to have a feature to arrange our photos in our portfolios?

•  REPLY  •

hisdarkestdream
hisdarkestdream
Archfiend (57)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 7 years.
07:38:28 Jul 08 2009
Read 3,170 times

I know we have alliances now but I kinda wish that one screen name could be in more than one coven. Since not every coven is in an alliance it would be very kool for a member to be a part of like 2 covens.

•  REPLY  •

CryingMist
CryingMist
Royal Sire (212)
[ Give / Take ]
23:57:53 Jul 08 2009
Read 3,099 times

I know we have profile back up

But would it be possible to have Coven page back up?

so if we mess it up by error, or mistake of coding we could retrieve the page?

at least the main page?

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
01:29:48 Jul 09 2009
Read 3,085 times

All of the pages I create and am in charge of within my Coven I keep on note pad on my hard drive. Even if there was a backup feature at VR, I would do the same--past experience. You can also back up your info onto a removable hard drive or disk. If you lose any information or make a mistake, you can just refer to the backup document, copy and paste and it should be fine.

•  REPLY  •

Saetan
Saetan
Noble Sire (166)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
02:21:50 Jul 09 2009
Read 3,075 times

Would be nice to have the sort by unrated back in everything we rate

•  REPLY  •

Shivan
Shivan

No Longer Registered
02:24:34 Jul 09 2009
Read 3,071 times

I would like for the games to count as favor again.

•  REPLY  •

fallenangel51
fallenangel51
Venerable Sire (138)
[ Give / Take ]
05:20:29 Jul 09 2009
Read 3,054 times

With all the adds and the fold down corner my computer crashes every time I try to log on. I have to log in on Power Punks or Sci Fi just to get to VR. Is there a fix for this problem. Is there a setting I need to change in my computer?
Is anyone else having this kind of problem?

•  REPLY  •

Ravena
Ravena
Sire (105)
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
10:07:21 Jul 09 2009
Read 3,033 times

I've noticed that every once in a while VR will sign me out as if I logged my self out, it's done it to a few of my friends as well. I wasn't anywhere near the log out button. I was either at the premium menu or the members menu...

•  REPLY  •

Nedra
Nedra
Dybbuk (76)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
13:13:03 Jul 09 2009
Read 3,024 times

Using the Journals feature on the left hand menu I read all of the journals of the members on the rave. When one catches my eye I stop and read the full entry. I would love to have a feature that would let me go right to their profile from the journal. Right now I have to copy their name, go to the profile menu, paste and search.

Also (stating my last request) could we be able to search the book section of the database by IBSN number? This would be a great way to stop the submission of duplicates.

•  REPLY  •

Firedrake
Firedrake
Elemental (77)
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Secretele Vampir is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Secretele Vampir
13:26:58 Jul 09 2009
Read 3,020 times

Nedra

If you click the name of the owner of the journal twice it should take you to the person's profile :)

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
17:48:20 Jul 09 2009
Read 3,001 times

Nedra: The ISBN search might not work to your advantage either. Some reasons:

1) Most ISBN's are separated by hyphens--when you do searches of the database, it does not allow for these sorts of characters;

2) Some entries have the ISBN-10 and others ISBN-13 digits. You'd have to make sure to only use the ISBN-10 code when searching.

3) ISBN's of books differ according to versions (Hardcover or Paperback) Editions and Publishers; i.e., you might do a search for a particular ISBN of a book that is in Paperback format, but it may be already listed in the database under a different ISBN.

•  REPLY  •

AxeLord
AxeLord
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
13:34:45 Jul 10 2009
Read 2,951 times

I have a suggestion..
Can we have a list of people who are currently in society forum.. ?
For example if there are currently 5 people at the same time on forum pages they would be listed on top of forum page..

•  REPLY  •

Reivaza
Reivaza

No Longer Registered
01:04:38 Jul 11 2009
Read 2,902 times

I hope I can make this as clear as I can.

I am attempting a page and would like to have links on it so that when you click on them it brings you to another page with info on it.

Just like how LadyChordewa has for the VR Profile help page, only she is using comcast.

Is it possible to have like extra pages like that so I can make up that info so it can link to what I want, and still be a part of VR without having to use some other site for storage?

•  REPLY  •

MysticalWench
MysticalWench
Great Sire (111)
[ Give / Take ]
02:16:56 Jul 11 2009
Read 2,889 times

I noticed that to induct someone, in the status system, to induct is level 20, but when I am rating peoples pages, it says INDUCT next to people at level 19.. not sure if it even says that at lower levels.. and the person came here after the new levels were established. Is this supposed to happen?

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
04:07:17 Jul 11 2009
Read 2,869 times

That's simple, people periodically sway within close levels due to their activity. The 'free members' option hasn't updated yet when you see those inductable people. It's not a glitch or anything.

•  REPLY  •

BLOODLIFE
BLOODLIFE
Venerable Sire (137)
[ Give / Take ]
10:14:45 Jul 11 2009
Read 2,844 times

Whilst appreciating the file storage facilities for both the coven and for private use, would it be at all possible if they could be viewed as a thumbnail rather than a logo?

•  REPLY  •

HoundxOfxJustice
HoundxOfxJustice

No Longer Registered
18:45:26 Jul 11 2009
Read 2,814 times

Im not at all positive if these have been addressed in this manner however 2 things I feel would be nice features.

1. We have a lot of people join VR and make a profile and hit level 2 then do not intend to stay and bog the server down with un-needed content. My advice would be to make the requirement for a permanent account at a level which requires a little work to reach, that way if they aren't serious about keeping the profile or staying on VR then in 30 days the system will delete them.

The second idea slipped my mind so Ill have to post it later :P.

•  REPLY  •

Kilanna
Kilanna
Nightmare (97)
[ Give / Take ]
Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
00:58:30 Jul 12 2009
Read 2,779 times

I have an idea, it be available for covens to have their own personal radio stream? Where ppl can request songs and such all that good stuff.... Just a thought

•  REPLY  •

jennaKARRO
jennaKARRO
Banshee (72)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 14 years.
08:58:27 Jul 12 2009
Read 2,750 times

Yeah, I get logged out a lot too...Have ever since day 1 actually.

It logs me out for 'hammering' when I am in the middle of typing a word and didn't get anywhere close to the enter button. I just gotten used to it and hopefully if I have sent any messages that didn't make much sense, people forgive me for it.

Or I get 'throttled' when a page stalls on loading and I am waiting patiently for it...just to realize it has logged me out entirely while I was waiting. Though I have to admit I am guilty of sometimes trying to load another page when the one I wanted stalls for several minutes.

I have gotten to where if a page stalls for more than a minute, I simply log myself out...wait a second, and log back in. Like any server, I would imagine that tons of people trying to load a page simultaneously can stress out the SYSTEM.

Jenna Karro

•  REPLY  •

IronKnight
IronKnight
Daemon (95)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
10:24:16 Jul 12 2009
Read 2,743 times

ok here is one I just caught, with me being active my forum post went from over 40 to 8 and caused me to drop 8% of a level, is there a way that we could keep the post we have done so that we are not fighting the procurators to delete our threads, I enjoy the forums but if all the work i get just to have it deleted it makes it very difficult for me to calculate how many the different categories that i need in order to level up. and makes me not want to post because it is a unreliable variable.

just a thought

Knight

Bones edit: First of all, Procurators administer the Database, not the Forum. Dominars administer the Forum. Since the updates, threads are no longer deleted, only closed (in most cases). If your posts are random or off topic, the posts may get deleted. Learn from the experience and try to improve from there. In addition, every morning the site goes through maintenance and back up. At this time all posts drop to zero and then return (they are not deleted). When you see in the Vamp Box, "database back-up in progress", and you update at this time, your status may or may not drop.

•  REPLY  •

S0RVENA
S0RVENA

No Longer Registered
22:44:01 Jul 12 2009
Read 2,711 times

How about a VR messenger or even a birthday page where if people choose to share their days with others on this site, people can share their congrats on their day for fun?

•  REPLY  •

13:52:32 Jul 13 2009
Read 2,660 times

I know this sounds lame, but the younger crowd is fussing over stamps. Is there a way to stamp AND leave a unique comment that does not require having to reload the page after stamping it to write in your comment and submit it twice? I know VampireRave used to do that, but since the update...

When I stamp the page and leave a comment, it rips the comment out for the stamp. I have to wait for the page to load again. When I add it into the box where my stamp URL is located and submit it again, the comment and stamp are both in place.

I like my stamp too much to not use it, and some Profiles are actually good enough to deserve a unique reply. I get it...do it the hard way. I know; I am doing that now. I don't need anyone telling me that. This post is for Cancer, not anyone else.

I am just curious why it used to allow it and doesn't now. Did you mean to have that happen, or was it one of the overlooked changes due to the update process? I don't really mind taking the extra time if the Profile is worth a comment. If the coding for it was taking up too much space, I will understand entirely.

Jenna Karro

•  REPLY  •

Zom
Zom

No Longer Registered
13:58:54 Jul 13 2009
Read 2,659 times

In the section 'Friend Lists you are on'. Those new members should have a tag next to it saying 'new', because of the amount of members who do add a member to their friends list and entering into the section to found out who? Not sure, because of the huge list of friends already there.

•  REPLY  •

Zom
Zom

No Longer Registered
14:03:00 Jul 13 2009
Read 2,656 times

Premium members should be able to add colour to their Kismet message. AND Premium Members should be able to have a more a storage in the Kismet message, so Premium members would be able to write more of a message then a line.

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
16:18:07 Jul 13 2009
Read 2,645 times

If anyone had more space for their kismet, it would throw off the dimensions on the 'Who's Online' page.

•  REPLY  •

NocturnalGoddess
NocturnalGoddess
Superior Sire (149)
[ Give / Take ]
05:06:52 Jul 14 2009
Read 2,605 times

This is just an idea I had. I've noticed there are an awful lot of profiles 'floating around' that are suspended for infinity. So, basically if the original user can no longer access that profile, they are pretty useless here. Additionally, many of these profiles are of higher status levels.
I think it would be a cool idea if those profiles that seem to be just taking up space here could be put to a better use.
They could be cleared out so that they are just blank profiles and then either auctioned off for a good cause like charity...or Cancer could sell these high-status profiles in the VR store. Obviously, the price could vary based on how high the status is on each profile. And the price should include the price of the profile + a premium membership, because chances are anyone who buys one would already have an account here.
If Cancer sold these in the VR store, the money for them could just go to further the longevity of VR and these profiles could become active again rather than just taking up space. I think there would be many individuals on here who wouldn't mind paying for a profile that they do not have to level up--or at least level up as much. And by clearing out the profiles and making them be mandatory for a PM, the names and everything on the accounts would be different too.

It's just a thought; turn something useless into profitable gain all around. My 2 cents. ;)

•  REPLY  •

Serenity
Serenity
Premiere Sire (127)
[ Give / Take ]
02:53:03 Jul 17 2009
Read 2,399 times

If we could have some subsections, to manage our friend list, like: society friends, best 5 or 10, instead of alphabetical order.

it is practical to find someone but when it comes to write in a hurry having to go to all the list of those the name starts with the same letter is a bit unpleasant and long.

Also to be able to send multiple messages at once, for example, to coven admin, acm, forum master, or others. or simply to send out to a few persons at once the same message.

thank you for everything!!! ^^

•  REPLY  •

TiarasDream
TiarasDream
Blood Drinker (68)
[ Give / Take ]

09:14:06 Jul 17 2009
Read 2,377 times

The Updates always seems interesting and keeps me busy but not sure whats up when i leave 24 hrs sometimes my level goes down to where it was last sometimes?

•  REPLY  •

Zom
Zom

No Longer Registered
16:28:44 Jul 17 2009
Read 2,357 times

Since when a member goes to a Premium member's profile-or any profile... the member can see the style of what's what for that Premium member has done in their profile.

My idea is that 'sound' should be included, as well. When Somebody goes to a Premium member's profile, and they get a message in their inbox. The member should be able to get the same sound as 'what is' from the premium member's profile does have.

With my second idea... Premium member's then should be able to record their voice and upload it to the profile sound and when a member goes to their profile, they can listen to a short voice-message to what the premium member has recorded.

•  REPLY  •

NightBlossom
NightBlossom
Sire (106)
[ Give / Take ]

17:35:04 Jul 17 2009
Read 2,347 times

Gordon, as for your second idea, you can very easily do this as several people have done before.

There are various programs on your computer or downloadable that you can record voice from, then as long as its in the proper format, you can upload it to your storage and embed it in your profile. Or you can use a video recorder, webcam, camera (with the proper options) and make a video, host it through YouTube, and embed that in your profile as well.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
21:29:54 Jul 17 2009
Read 2,331 times

Serenity,

You should be using the 'Manage Friends List' page. From this page, your Friends list is broken down by the first letter of member name. So if you click 'S', only members in your list who begin with an S are shown. This makes for quick and easy searching.

I am going to edit this page and add message/bite links so you can quickly message from this page.

TiarasDream,

Most of the time, when a member drops a level, it's because they lost their Society Bonus. Just post to your Society forum and you can quickly get the bonus (and your level) back.

•  REPLY  •

CryingMist
CryingMist
Royal Sire (212)
[ Give / Take ]
21:55:51 Jul 17 2009
Read 2,325 times

could it be possible for the society pages to have like a shell, kind of what we get when you upgrade to premium?

like the portion in the style sheet box, sort of a basic style coding to have a head start to be able to create the pages?

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
22:21:27 Jul 17 2009
Read 2,319 times

I've completed the changes to the 'Manage Your Friends' page. The page now has message/bite links, and also shows the kismet of your Friends.

•  REPLY  •

RootedinEvil
RootedinEvil
Transgressor (54)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
07:30:54 Jul 19 2009
Read 2,236 times

Hey Cancer : )

A couple of things......

1) The Custom Vampire Rave Graphic Colors section where you can click reset to default isn't working...you get (or at least I get) the "404 url not found message". Not sure if you were aware of it or not.

2) I love the changes to the "manage friends"

3) A couple of suggestions/ideas .... How about say 1 or 2 awesome features that are only available to lifetime members? Also have you ever thought of offering a discount when someone does purchase a lifetime, they could also upgrade a second account at the same time for something like 25% discount?

Thanks

•  REPLY  •

sheepsheadwanderer
sheepsheadwanderer
Baronial Sire (177)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Art (Coven)
09:09:51 Jul 19 2009
Read 2,229 times

I would like to see storage for the kismets. So you can change it with a drop down menu or something like that.

•  REPLY  •

11:21:31 Jul 19 2009
Read 2,221 times

I have recently noted that all Dark Network Stores reference the VR Store.

Do you intend, at any time, to add stock of Bloody Feather, Goth Invasion, Power Punk, or even Sci Fi T-shirts, buttons, etc. like you have already for VampireRave?

Only asking because I love the Bloody Feather's blood dripping logo at the actual site. I think it would look exceptional on a black background. It would go great with my VR shirts! I would love to buy one from you if you have the time to add it.

I have been thinking of getting more shirts, but at moment you only have one more that I want and haven't ordered...Trying to get up enough to make the shipping worth it. I think the blue Goth Invasion that says "Goth is beautiful" would look great on a shirt also.

•  REPLY  •

HoundxOfxJustice
HoundxOfxJustice

No Longer Registered
22:43:40 Jul 19 2009
Read 2,198 times

Ok I remember now two things that would be nice.

1. Have check boxes by all journal posts in your journal and a delete all selected posts button for those of us who have massive journals and don't wanna spend 2 hours deleting lol.

2. I was thinking what would be nice is instead of the system logging you out for inactivity have a timer system that runs in the background and when you go inactive for a specific amount of time have it go to idol without logging you out that way you don't always have to log back in....i'm not sure if this is an optimal idea but its just a suggestion.

•  REPLY  •

NightBlossom
NightBlossom
Sire (106)
[ Give / Take ]

04:58:49 Jul 20 2009
Read 2,160 times

I'm all up for VR's advertisements, especially the movies. I know they bring in the profit that helps keep this thing running. Could it be at all possible to move the roll over thing from the top right corner to the top left? I don't know if this is the intention or not, but it always blocks the log in area.

Bones edit: A simple solution... Hit refresh page (poof, no more advertisement).

•  REPLY  •

cherryblossom
cherryblossom
Superior Sire (145)
[ Give / Take ]
19:02:56 Jul 20 2009
Read 2,115 times

What about making Polls a bonus?

Weren't Polls once used as part of your status?

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
22:01:02 Jul 20 2009
Read 2,093 times

RootedbyEvil,

I just tested the 'Reset to Default' button with my test account and it works fine. Make sure you're not experiencing a page caching issue.

•  REPLY  •

FALSExCURE
FALSExCURE
Royal Sire (581)
Honor: 26,875
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Midnight Symphony (Coven)
13:32:40 Jul 21 2009
Read 2,043 times

It would be nice if the members page within the coven would list each member's current level along with their favors earned & journal posts. I do a member activity report each month & all the information I need is on that page except for the member's status level.

•  REPLY  •

14:56:53 Jul 25 2009
Read 1,852 times

Would it be feasible to have a 'add member to classifieds' type link under each society member's name on the member pages? I'm thinking it'd be easier if we could click a link and the site would bring up the classifieds page with the member's name, avatar, level, favor etc all displayed, and then we could just add an optional message or comments below before submitting and the ad would appear with all relevant details.

•  REPLY  •

Jens
Jens
Premiere Sire (121)
[ Give / Take ]
17:19:12 Jul 25 2009
Read 1,845 times

As a society master and a member of an alliance, I would love to see the messaging system include a way to message the entire alliance.

We have Society messages, Mentor messages, procurator messages, sentoran messages, master messages and acolyte messages. Would be great if I can announce things to the entire alliance about new members or new allied societies, etc. :)

•  REPLY  •

CryingMist
CryingMist
Royal Sire (212)
[ Give / Take ]
00:16:46 Jul 26 2009
Read 1,821 times

I like the idea of the alliance message, but also I would like a way to message only the admin of my societies, would that be feasible?

•  REPLY  •

eavanya
eavanya
Necromancer (96)
[ Give / Take ]

01:28:08 Jul 26 2009
Read 1,814 times

I'd love to see a form of communication available, whether it be a limited access forum or a message system for admin (ie Acolyte and up)... But so far, everything looks awesome, thanks Cancer.

Bright blessings upon you.

•  REPLY  •

Indulgence
Indulgence
Noble Sire (163)
[ Give / Take ]
01:31:28 Jul 26 2009
Read 1,812 times

eavanya:

There already is a message system for that.

Cancer has the ability to send out Acolyte/Premium/System messages.

Dominars/Sentorans/Procurators all have appropriate message systems so that they can discuss any questions they have on their jobs as well.

•  REPLY  •

eavanya
eavanya
Necromancer (96)
[ Give / Take ]

01:56:36 Jul 26 2009
Read 1,808 times

I appreciate that MBK, I meant a system where all can communicate, like a forum... But it's fine, was just a suggestion.

Blessed be

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
03:32:19 Jul 26 2009
Read 1,794 times

I see what you are saying, eavanya. Acolytes don't have access to actually send Acolyte messages- they don't see we do have that access. They only 'get' the messages.

But the system messages are pretty over-run with all that is coming through as it is. If you do have some questions as an Acolyte, do feel free to message me about it (and for any higher staff member for that matter).

•  REPLY  •

eavanya
eavanya
Necromancer (96)
[ Give / Take ]

04:15:20 Jul 26 2009
Read 1,784 times

Thank you, I will keep that in mind

Bright blessings

•  REPLY  •

cherryblossom
cherryblossom
Superior Sire (145)
[ Give / Take ]
02:34:47 Jul 27 2009
Read 1,748 times

I know this is a big project.. but what about making a VR App for cell phones.

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
02:52:57 Jul 27 2009
Read 1,745 times

We have VR mobile: www.vampirerave.com/mobile

I use it all the time :)

•  REPLY  •

CryingMist
CryingMist
Royal Sire (212)
[ Give / Take ]
06:31:20 Jul 27 2009
Read 1,729 times

I use it to, but it keeps logging me off each time I try to access the message center, I got a blackberry.

Would be nice to be able to play hangman on the cellphone on vr mobile, so my small suggestion: hangman for vr mobile please

*imagesinwords edit* I had the problem of being logged out too, and I found it is due to the mobile service you have. If you are logged into VR and your IP address changes during a session, VR will log you out automatically. This protects people's accounts. Many cell services have dynamic IP addresses and IP changes with each click of a link. That makes it impossible to use VR mobile.

•  REPLY  •

Gothlaz
Gothlaz
Revenant (41)
[ Give / Take ]

07:46:34 Jul 27 2009
Read 1,723 times

This post was moved after suggestion that it be added to the main forum for general discussion.

I think there should be also a mark that our sire should be able to give much like the mark of shame. This mark should only be given in extreme circumstances and agreed apon by the ACMs prior to being given. This mark should be given only after blinding and the member has continued showing that they are unwilling to learn from their mistakes.

•  REPLY  •

LordVerbal
LordVerbal
Great Sire (116)
[ Give / Take ]
10:26:54 Jul 27 2009
Read 1,713 times

Is something wrong with the calculation of forum posts? When I update it says I got 7 posts but I really have 200 and something. When I posted in the coven forum, at first it said I had 74 posts, then after I posted it said I had 95... just trying to figure out whats going on, mainly because I lost a level due to the post shortage.

•  REPLY  •

Indulgence
Indulgence
Noble Sire (163)
[ Give / Take ]
15:25:20 Jul 27 2009
Read 1,699 times

That probably depends at the time you posted/updated.

Every night VR does a "post count" type-thing, where the forum posts are re-counted, but it only lasts a few minutes.

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
17:18:18 Jul 27 2009
Read 1,677 times

Cancer is working on this issue.... most Vampire Rave ads are served through a 3rd party source, and so this issue is not his fault.

If you use the Opera browser, you won't get any ads.

•  REPLY  •

17:36:51 Jul 27 2009
Read 1,672 times

I'd like to add that if you use Firefox, there's an addon which stops popups from happening. I haven't once seen a popup for that Orphan film (tempting fate now!) so it definitely works...

•  REPLY  •

MysticalWench
MysticalWench
Great Sire (111)
[ Give / Take ]
01:16:28 Jul 28 2009
Read 1,623 times

Is there a way the code can be checked for submitting items or editing items into the database... I am trying to fix backgrounds and the procurators are saying the background is either the same or the image is wrong.. I know it is not.. I name them specifically so I know they are changed...

This is happening time and time again... It is very frustrating.... I was told by one Procurator that I am not the first this is happening to...

•  REPLY  •

RaggedyAndy
RaggedyAndy
Sire (101)
[ Give / Take ]
01:33:54 Jul 28 2009
Read 1,618 times

ravenstrigoi:

Viewing VR, I am using Firefox in IE Mode (FF Add-on IE Tab) and receive no pop-ups at all.

For Blockers I am using:

1) IE Pop-Up Blocker

For FF:

Adblock Plus

and

NoScript

You can set both of the FF Blocker to accept only the VR domain URL's then pop-up from outside sources should not be coming up.

•  REPLY  •

cherryblossom
cherryblossom
Superior Sire (145)
[ Give / Take ]
17:13:25 Jul 28 2009
Read 1,586 times

Images that actually why I mentioned the app. My cell phone carrier changes IPs every few minutes. It becomes a hassle at times. I could use the wifi on my phone to connect, but then again it may not work depending on where I am. But also I do not really expect Cancer to even consider this either for a long while or at all, as I know how much it takes to make an app.

•  REPLY  •

LadyCaz
LadyCaz
Doppelganger (69)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Tenebris Corvus (Coven)
18:41:30 Jul 28 2009
Read 1,579 times

Kilanna has the rite idea seeing if we can put a radio dj thing in our covens so that people can request songs, I was thinking on that and asking myself.
Also what about a file storage delete button and when u update ur status in stead of clicking on the update it goes to the updating system if it could be made to open like your status levels

•  REPLY  •

Meepz
Meepz
Sire (103)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The House of La Bella Oscuridad
20:02:59 Jul 28 2009
Read 1,567 times

Is there any chance of an update history, or even a swing since last update section. I lost 50% of a level today and i have no idea why

•  REPLY  •

MaximusPain
MaximusPain
Enchanter (80)
[ Give / Take ]
Poison (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Poison (Coven)
22:00:39 Jul 28 2009
Read 1,556 times

Could you possibly make a message link so that you could send a message to your entire friends list instead of having to individually message each one.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
22:45:27 Jul 28 2009
Read 1,548 times

cherryblossom,

In short, this is a security issue. By triggering auto-logout whenever your IP changes, it protects your account from all forms of session hacking. It's the only way to authenticate that you are really YOU.

I am considering a 'turn off' switch for Premium Members. This switch would turn off the IP change auto-logout. However, doing so opens your account up to the possibility of session hacking.

•  REPLY  •

NocturnalGoddess
NocturnalGoddess
Superior Sire (149)
[ Give / Take ]
04:16:50 Jul 30 2009
Read 1,497 times

Here are a couple of suggestions Cancer:

1) I know that PMs can Open,Close, or Move their posts in the forum if they start a thread. But it would be nice if we could also Edit our individual posts as well no matter if we have started them or not. I generally check for typos and etc before posting, but there's always times when you perhaps miss something or forget to add something to your post. I have seen some other sites that allow limited edit access to your posts. For example after posting, members have 15 minutes to go back and edit their post. Even if we had limited access to Edit, I think it would be very helpful.

2) I also would like to see member names "filled in" when you go to Compose a new Message. Maybe if it was set up so that you could type the first letter or the first few letters of the member's name that you want to message and then a drop down box appeared with all members names that start with that letter. That way if you have several members you need to message and are not accustomed to sending them messages frequently or have all of their members' names and correct spelling memorized, you don't have to navigate away from the message center in between messages to get their individual names. I think it would just save time and be cool if we had this feature. ;)

•  REPLY  •

LordVerbal
LordVerbal
Great Sire (116)
[ Give / Take ]
20:14:19 Jul 31 2009
Read 1,409 times

How about a log in bonus?

What if someone dedicates all there time to VR, and when they get on they spend the entire 12 hours, I think there should be some kinda bonus for that too, dedication bonus or something.

•  REPLY  •

Cartomancer
Cartomancer
Arch Sire (193)
[ Give / Take ]
23:13:22 Jul 31 2009
Read 1,398 times

chrisg4202000: there is essentially a bonus for time spent, it's leveling up :) You can't really put a 'bonus' on something that is a requirement for leveling, you know?

Time spent logged in is what it is... part of what gets you to the next level.

•  REPLY  •

JackofSpades83
JackofSpades83
Sire (108)
[ Give / Take ]
03:59:42 Aug 01 2009
Read 1,377 times

I'm not sure if this has been addressed or if it is just a problem on my end but here goes...

Occasionally when I am browsing the forums and hit the "Jump" button it will take me to an add. That in itself isn't a problem. The problem is that when I hit skip it will send me to a blank page.

Sure, I can reload the page and the problem is solved but it would make things a lot more streamlined if I didn't have to. ;)

•  REPLY  •

MisfitMorbidxChaos
MisfitMorbidxChaos
Noble Sire (167)
[ Give / Take ]
15:44:20 Aug 01 2009
Read 1,337 times

I am having an issue with Custom Vampire Rave Graphic Colors. When I go to click "Reset To Default" it sends me to a page that says "The requested URL not found" so I can't reset it.

•  REPLY  •

Rhiakathu
Rhiakathu
Great Sire (112)
[ Give / Take ]
00:03:43 Aug 02 2009
Read 1,309 times

It would be great if we could view Profiles and Portfolios with a 'recent updates' option, just like we can view journals which have been recently posted in. :)

•  REPLY  •

Nedra
Nedra
Dybbuk (76)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
00:31:49 Aug 02 2009
Read 1,303 times

Thanks Pandora......you are always looking out for me :)

But there is one flaw to this....even when you sort by newest, the items are still in rank order. Meaning I still have to search through pages and pages because some of the new items may be ranked higher or lower than older items.

If the items were always (by default) in date order then once you were through rating all the new entries you could stop when you reach the first item that was not new........

Did I loose you all......I sometimes do that. This makes a lot of sense in my own head...

•  REPLY  •

Marix
Marix
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
04:36:51 Aug 03 2009
Read 1,259 times

I still request for the sort by unrated feature.

•  REPLY  •

cherryblossom
cherryblossom
Superior Sire (145)
[ Give / Take ]
14:19:13 Aug 03 2009
Read 1,234 times

You could always keep the list open in one window/tab and open all the ones you need to rate in a new window/tab. That's how I rate when I'm rating.

•  REPLY  •

Cancer
Cancer
Superior Sire (147)
[ Give / Take ]
19:48:04 Aug 05 2009
Read 1,140 times

I would like the thank everyone that has participated in this thread. I'm going to close it now. I have more than enough work to keep me busy through Christmas ;)

Keep an eye out for some exciting changes coming to VR.

•  REPLY  •

• • • • THIS THREAD IS CLOSED • • • •
•  Closed by Cancer on Aug 05 2009  •

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 1.0289 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X