FatalAttraction
Savage (61)
Honor: 0
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Dark Souls (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 7 years.
03:14:34 Dec 05 2016
Read 2,363 times

My question is...Is your house haunted? If so what makes it that way? What makes you think it is?

For me..I believe my house is haunted because of what is right in front of it. I have a grave yard at the end of my front yard. It's in our field. The headstones date back to the late 1800's and early 1900's. Mind you my dad built my house 22 years ago, so nobody has died here but who knows if there was another house on the land before he got it and that someone died in it and their soul still lingers on the land.

•  REPLY  •

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Premiere Sire (126)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 18 years.
03:20:58 Dec 05 2016
Read 2,361 times

I believe my house is haunted, yes. When I first moved in, I could hear someone walking around upstairs, someone wearing heavy boots. A few years later, I had a friend over and we both experienced something crazy. I have two racks on the walls that hold DVDs. Well, I was sitting on the couch with my friend when I said, "My house is haunted." They didn't believe me and laughed about it. Then a whole bunch of DVDs flew out of the racks. They didn't fall out, they flew out. My friend promptly left and never came back. :)

•  REPLY  •

FatalAttraction
FatalAttraction
Savage (61)
[ Give / Take ]
03:30:12 Dec 05 2016
Read 2,358 times

That would honestly freak me out! I would probably be bolting out the door also.

•  REPLY  •

Soulshroude
Soulshroude

No Longer Registered
06:50:06 Dec 05 2016
Read 2,352 times

I've lived in a place that had a few people pass away in it. The feeling that "I'm not alone" is always present regardless of cleansing it via smudging.

I've also lived in a place that was front and center for Cherokee Massacre. That was in the military. There is always a heaviness in the air that I really can't describe and whispers in the wind, but your the only one present. When you feel the wind in your face, but the leaves and tree branches are stationary.

Things like that.

•  REPLY  •

19:27:36 Dec 05 2016
Read 2,340 times

I find it odd that since ghosts are supposed to be incorporeal, why are they making such annoying noises? Heavy footsteps, creaking, groaning and whispering etc.

If you got a haunted house, just tell the inconsiderate corpses to shut up, because the match is on.

•  REPLY  •

21:49:54 Dec 05 2016
Read 2,332 times

The creaking can be explained by temperature I believe, the expanding and contracting of the house.

•  REPLY  •

YogenSha
YogenSha
Scamp (26)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
20:08:40 Dec 06 2016
Read 2,310 times

A cat died in my house about a week ago. Nothing to report yet, but I will certainly keep my eyes open and report any suspicious paranormal activity.

•  REPLY  •

DarkoTheLite
DarkoTheLite
Hellion (73)
[ Give / Take ]
Immortal Blood (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Immortal Blood (Coven)
19:05:19 Dec 08 2016
Read 2,294 times

The house I lived in from age 10 to 17
Was I believe.

It was a 10 room house 2 baths,
2 kitchens, and creepy attic built
In 1897 date in fireplace.

It had a woman that hung herself in the attic
In the 1960s!

Her husband was the grandson
Of General Joseph O. Shelby.

My mom always would feel strangulated
If she drank too much and saw
A different face in mirror and
Saw apparition outside her bedroom door
Said what do you want and she vanished!

My Dad came home once to empty
House and yelled anyone home
And basketball bounced down the stairs!
Then quickly went to tavern accross
Back alley!

My sister saw white hands coming at
Throat when she was upset in the walkin
Attic room!

As for me I was listening to
"Feeling Stronger Every Day"
By Chicago and felt bold until
Power went out suddenly!
I was left there alone a lot if
Brother or sister promised
Cashews or other snacks as
I wasn't afraid!
One night when home alone
Power failed again. I sat outside
In dark with a lantern and no
Dinner and got spooked by shadows
Then said screw it and went upstairs
To bed and heard a crashing sound
Down stairs and did not investigate
But chose to cower under covers!
I had friends meet me on the way to
Lake at house when older. Surprised
To find them outside when they knew
The way in. They chose the rain outside
On porch! Lol

Then I commented when packing
To move how I hated damn house and a picture
Of my dad flew off wall. I said I still hated it!

A couple years later there was a girl hitch hiking near my
New house along freeway. I picked her
Up and said where to "She said 1303
Clinton street, oak grove Missouri.
My mouth flew open, very same house.
Of course I drove her the 10 miles away
20 minutes east of Kansas City Missouri.
She said the people she lived with moved
Out in a hurry but her stuff was still in the now vacant house
I said I know a window that was unlocked from
2 years before and surprise it opened. I crawled
Through it and let her in. She went to attic
And out in nightgown and we ended up making
Out on the same spot my mom saw
The ghost!!! After a bit her attitude
Changed and I got the heck out of there!
I almost thought did that really happen?
Did she really exist? Then I saw a former
School mate that said he knew her
Too. So at least she wasn't the ghost
Of hanging woman!!!!!

•  REPLY  •

GruesomeTendancies
GruesomeTendancies
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 9 years.
23:15:51 Dec 10 2016
Read 2,261 times

The place that I live in currently very well may be. I have caught some whispers on evp but nothing much more than that as of yet.

•  REPLY  •

LuvlySwan86
LuvlySwan86
Changeling (71)
[ Give / Take ]
00:38:08 Dec 11 2016
Read 2,257 times

My mother (Who died when I was seven) used to walk the halls of my grandmother's house util she died. Yes, part of why we knew was creaking floor boards. But. We had added reasons.
Does anyone remember the old perfume Charlie, that they stopped making a few years back? My mother used to wear it. It was the only perfume she wore. (Charlie white)
She was also the only member of our family who wore it.
But if you were up late at night at Grandma's, and you heard the floor creak, you could walk up the hall and smell Charlie white as if someone had been spraying it.

•  REPLY  •

goddesscirce
goddesscirce
Destroyer (89)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of The Coven of Purgatory
Vampire Rave member for 15 years.
09:17:02 Dec 11 2016
Read 2,241 times

I've lived in a few places that were haunted. My grandfather lingered in our family home and would often pass through the house and sit in his favorite chair before then wandering into my grandmothers room and disappearing. Lived in an attic apt in a 200 year old creole cottage in the French Quarter that was seriously cursed with a nasty presence... And my current place has seen some death as well. The lady across the hall passed a few months back and about 4 years ago a friend who lived in the apt above died suddenly in his sleep. Then there's the ghost kitties from the previous two renters of my unit. My poor Bela sometimes doesn't appreciate their antics. Ask Soulshroude, he knows...

•  REPLY  •

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Premiere Sire (126)
[ Give / Take ]
01:41:44 Dec 12 2016
Read 2,219 times

DJ, you jest, but have you read "The Black Cat?" Ghost cats can be scary! ;)

I have noticed that things get active around here if I'm doing remodeling. And not just painting or moving furniture around. I'm talking about heavy remodeling. Which has only happened a couple of times. I've heard that's the case--extensive remodeling stirring up spooks. I wonder if that's because it gets their attention or if because it releases residual energy that can be trapped in the floors or walls of a house?

Stanley, that's my ghost, also gets active when there's a male around that he doesn't like. He's very protective. :) Which makes sense. He had a daughter that he wasn't close to in life. Maybe he looks at me like a second chance.

Yes, I'm romanticizing my ghost, but it's fun!

Also, I have to say that sometimes it's not just a place that's haunted; I think a person can be haunted, or at least ... sensitive. I've lived in so many haunted places. Surely, not every place I've lived in is haunted! Same thing with my aunt. Just about every house she's lived in has had some kind of paranormal activity. She used to tell the best campfire stories.

•  REPLY  •

xSABLEx
xSABLEx
Ghoul (21)
[ Give / Take ]
17:57:42 Dec 12 2016
Read 2,203 times

Not my own place, however, my fiance's house is 100% active with spirits. It seems like a family almost wonders the home. I've heard children laughing when there aren't in the house and I was completely alone also no kids outside. I've heard multiple times of a little asking me or saying "Where's Mom?" or "Mom", clear as the light of day. I've seen figures walk around the house. Random Cabinets opening, things disappearing and reappearing in the exact same spot weeks later. My fiance's moms ex boyfriend actually saw children run in her bathroom and disappearing into the walls. His mother's and older brothers rooms give a vibe, i can't really tell if it's good or bad, but you can definitely feel it when you walk in.

•  REPLY  •

YogenSha
YogenSha
Scamp (26)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
02:15:24 Dec 13 2016
Read 2,185 times

I'm not familiar with that book, but I wasn't kidding. A cat really died a couple weeks ago, and... it was in fact a black cat. Of the true Deja Vu all black variety.

•  REPLY  •

MoonlitGodess
MoonlitGodess
Dastardly Being (59)
[ Give / Take ]
Poison (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Poison (Coven)
08:51:05 Dec 13 2016
Read 2,170 times

I do believe my childhood friends house is haunted.

it was one of the first house built on their street in Scranton Pennsylvania and there are 2 boors between worlds in their house.

ive been tripped on the stairs. a lot of other freaky stuffed happened to people that have spent the night or just came for a visit.

upon further research her mom discovered that a father killed his 8 yr old daughter and buried her in the back yard and planted a tree atop her corpse.

•  REPLY  •

Lisbeth
Lisbeth
Wraith (46)
[ Give / Take ]
13:40:16 Dec 14 2016
Read 2,153 times

My childhood home was haunted, and the end of the dead end street I live on was a large imposing cemetery wall. I saw all manner of things out my windows at night that as a child, I couldn't explain. Later on, as an adult I lived in the upper flat, that had been my grandmother's prior and I'd see the ghost of a little girl in the hall that was sort of an intersection of a kitchen doorway, a closet, the office, the bathroom a bedroom and one sitting room doorway. She'd often appear when I was doing homework when I was in college.

Another place I lived in during college was a 3rd floor walk up that was old and had an usually large kitchen. It was said it was offices for much of the 20th century. My roommates and I would see the image of a man hanging in the kitchen out of the corner of our eyes. We really didn't talk about it until after we moved out and one roommate did some digging on the place and a man did in fact hang himself there after the stockmarket crash of '29.

My current house has two ghosts that I am aware of. An old woman who died in the house about 5 years before i bought it and a younger boy of around 7 who apparently was hit buy a car in the road in front of the house back in the 60's. Sometimes I can hear the old woman humming, though I'm at a lost of what she is humming. The little boy seems to like to move things in the house, which is usually fine because the items are not important, mostly small knick knacks
Most of my ghostly experiences have been passive and benevolent, other than an empty nursing home in my area which should really have a thorough cleansing done on it.

•  REPLY  •

Dakotah
Dakotah
Premiere Sire (120)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 10 years.
17:45:38 Dec 15 2016
Read 2,127 times

For me I basically take stances of varying disbelief on everything until it's been proven to my satisfaction. Right now I have no theory of creation that I can say I believe in. I lean towards 2 theories; the big bang, and that the universe was always here more-or-less as it is now. But I still disbelieve them, just less than the idea that God created the world in 7 days. I disbelieve in ghosts, alien abductions, and whatnot on the same principle. If it's proven to me somewhere along the line it wont make my world come crashing down either, because I don't have an opinion one way or the other, just a lack of opinion.

I also don't understand people's need to understand everything that happens. I just don't. I hear a sound or see something that is unusual and I forget about it the next moment because it is not relevant to me. I have this thing where I can usually tell when someone has entered my room and it's usually right. I'm not sure how it works exactly but I get the impression it's got to do with the movement of air. Very rarely I'll get that feeling that someone is there and turn around but there's nobody there. Is it some sixth sense that lets me know people are there? Is it picking up ghosts when I look back and nobody is there? Is it just me picking up on the changes in the air? Is the mistake happening when there is a different reason for the shift in air (like a small breeze or change in weather conditions)? Does it matter? Not to me. :P

How does Dawkins put it...you can be wrong about a tree blowing in the wind being a wolf many times, but you can only be wrong about a wolf being a tree once. We're hardwired to see things that aren't there because it's safer than dismissing things that are.

•  REPLY  •

HAERTOFAVAMPYRE
HAERTOFAVAMPYRE
Evildoer (42)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 16 years.
01:21:45 Dec 17 2016
Read 2,103 times

we;d have what we would call phantom smells. stunk like strawberries. then my mom would tell me stories. when she was drunk, of a black mass that followed her from her house in Massachusetts. Would give her sleep paralysis at night.

•  REPLY  •

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Premiere Sire (126)
[ Give / Take ]
02:14:23 Dec 18 2016
Read 2,078 times

Dakotah, I'm just the opposite of you. I believe in everything until it's proven false. Now, that doesn't mean I go around talking about alien abductions on the evening news. It just means that I acknowledge that I don't know everything and that anything is possible.

I'm guilty of needing to know as much as I possibly can. Although, I don't have to investigate every bump in the night. I know that not every sound I hear is a spook. Still, there have been times when I've heard things that I haven't been able to explain away.

For example, when I first moved into my house, the upstairs was unfinished. It was just bare rafters up there. We had a door leading out onto a deck, though, and my dad had a key to that. We, and when I say we, I mean me and my former husband, would often here heavy footsteps up there. They would wake us up. More than once, we've run to the window to see if my dad's truck was in the driveway. It never would be. One day I even called and asked if he'd been there and left. That's how distinct the footsteps were, and I knew the possibility of it being him were great because he worked on the house and often let himself in through the upstairs door. It was never him.

After the upstairs was finished with drywall and carpeting, the footsteps stopped. The upstairs has been finished for nearly 10 years now, and I've never heard the footsteps again.

•  REPLY  •

Dakotah
Dakotah
Premiere Sire (120)
[ Give / Take ]
08:32:28 Dec 18 2016
Read 2,063 times

I'm glad I didn't see any apparitions, way too scary. Did you ever look into the history of the house?

•  REPLY  •

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Premiere Sire (126)
[ Give / Take ]
23:44:09 Dec 18 2016
Read 2,054 times

My house was built by a little guy named Stanley. He died when a blood clot traveled to his lung. He was in the hospital. His mother lived with him, but I'm not sure where she died. My bedroom is her old room. My daughter's bedroom is Stanley's. Rumor has it that Stanley used to be big into making moonshine. The townspeople say he had a still in the basement. Some of my neighbors have told me that they would drive by and see Stanley just lying on his porch, staring up at the ceiling. Guess it was good moonshine. :)

Stanley used to also have lots of trees--cherry trees, apple tress, pear trees, pecan trees. Three of the cherry trees have gone bye-bye and the apple tree. When this happened, it seemed to stir him up a bit, too. He's been fairly quiet lately. Not much going on at the house to disturb him, though.

My aunt--not kin by blood but by marriage--is actually kin to Stanley. Or was, seeing as how he's no longer with us. She used to spend the night with him and his mother some when she was a little girl. She said that Stanley was one of the nicest men you'd ever meet. She said he was a hard worker, loved his mother, good with his hands. He built the whole house by himself. I don't think he was ever married, but, as I mentioned in another post, he did have a daughter. According to my aunt, he didn't get to see her much.

The reason I think he gets stirred up during renovations is because he did build that house himself. I think he doesn't like it when I change things.

Of course, it's probably not true. He probably passed from this life and never looked back. *shrugs* Still, I can't quite explain heavy footsteps and DVDs flying from the shelf.

•  REPLY  •

Dakotah
Dakotah
Premiere Sire (120)
[ Give / Take ]
17:44:42 Dec 19 2016
Read 2,042 times

You know when a artiest creates they often say they put some of there soul into there art work. I know builders who do that too. Someone who is building there own home surly would put there blood, sweat and tears into there house, making it there own. Imprinting comes to mind. Stanley some part of him could be imprinted on the house. I could see where he would get upset with changes to his beloved home where he lived his life. What a interesting story. Thank's for sharing that Cinnamon.

•  REPLY  •

05:09:15 Dec 21 2016
Read 2,008 times

My house is not haunted, but I do have shadow people that reside in it, plus shadow animals...LOL

•  REPLY  •

deadunicorn
deadunicorn

No Longer Registered
00:59:13 Dec 22 2016
Read 1,982 times

no.not haunted.haunted means ghost or ghosts.mine is possessed.

•  REPLY  •

LuvlySwan86
LuvlySwan86
Changeling (71)
[ Give / Take ]
06:55:35 Dec 26 2016
Read 1,935 times

Not all malicious beings are demonic. It's possible that what you're dealing with is a very old soul who still wants to return to our plane of existence, or even a dybbuk (Malicious soul of the dead, trying to reposess a body)
I'd spread a salt flake circle around the house. Having said that, that won't make a being that's already in there leave. It'll just bind it to the house. If you believe in god I can refer you to the lessor banishing ritual of the pentagram, it's on youtube. DO NOT PERFORM IT INCORRECTLY.
If you don't, it's a much better idea to research pagan rituals, as one of these will actually be more effective. The belief in god is vital for that ritual to work.
Demonic entities don't generally just pop up places. You call them to it/summon them. Which is why in most movies about places that are posessed that claim to be based on truth, they discover symbolism of some kind somewhere in the house. Because someone drew the entity there and it chose not to leave. Fill your home with pentacles (Also known as pentagrams, which are actually symbols of protection.) Wear one. Have it smudged. Find the sybolism. It has to be destroyed if you don't want this thing coming back, and if you don't destroy it before casting it out, it'll come back and it'll come back pissed off. That's a really good way to kill yourself. How do I know this stuff? Well, I wasn't exactly posessed, but I did at one point have an incubus attatched to me. Contrary to popular belief they don't always have sex with their victims. Sometimes they increase your libido, and play with other people's sense of attraction to you, get you laid alot and feed off the sexual energy you produce, much like a tantric vamp. That is what mine was doing to me. People who fluid bond, Which is basically falling in love with everyone you sleep with, are the easiest targets for that type of thing since we produce very high amounts of sexual energy during every encounter we have. And yeah, I'm someone who fluid bonds. It's like imprinting, it's really awful. But anyway, try those things, ok? This should help you avoid an attempt at posession.

•  REPLY  •

11:27:44 Dec 26 2016
Read 1,929 times

I wonder if a lot of pimps are incubuses then lol

Before resorting to rituals, always try and find a rational explanation first, a process of elimination if you will and if what's left is something truly phantom, then other measures can be taken not that I subscribe to such rituals.

•  REPLY  •

Asgardareid
Asgardareid
Sire (100)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 11 years.
21:55:46 Dec 26 2016
Read 1,917 times

Hmm, some thoughts from my side....

My house, i bought it 13 years ago, is around 340 years old and was part of an old hammer mill...its a so called Hammer House.
The house has a lot of history and im sure a few people died here. Maybe also in the mill.
But i had never the feeling that the house is haunted, sorry... :)
Im pagan and of course i make my rituals here and i clean the house also from time to time. But not aggressive, just for positive engery.

Actually i think just because somebody died in a house or there is a graveyard near, there must be not necessarily a haunting.

And regarding to spooky noises i can just confirm what others already mentioned: especially in older houses you have for sure a variety of sounds.
This could come from the statics, materials or some little renters ;)
(We have martens in the attic)
My house is a mix of stone and wood (built in 1680) and red brick stones in 1800. As soon as the temperature changes everything is working...and makes noise.

But next to all this i prefer to live in a house with history and maybe some spirits than to live in a new concrete block with no spirit at all. :)

•  REPLY  •

StraightxEdge
StraightxEdge
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 13 years.
16:20:38 Feb 19 2017
Read 1,825 times

Is my apartment haunted? Yes I believe so sadly. But also sadly I believe its in my own doing. See I have something attached to me that has followed me from house to house. Makes my friends highly uncomfortable and makes itself known. LOVES to move things on me. We still have a missing full beer bottle in this house somewhere. Whatever it is loves making noises or pulling things off the wall. I find it interesting and havent let it bug me. I've come to peace with whatever is here and accepted that I have it till I die. Yes I've tried smudging and all that other jazz and NO it has not worked. NO it does not "possess" me. It just likes to play games. I think it's lonely whatever it is.

Now my moms house. F that house. There is a little boy ghost who used to play ball down the hallway and turn my computer on and off. Also there is this evil evil spirit that would torture my kids. . . . hmm maybe he's the one whos following me. -shrugs-

I don't know what causing hauntings and honestly I don't care. To me a house without a haunting is no home at all.

•  REPLY  •

Terezi
Terezi
Sire (102)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Art (Coven)
14:38:53 Feb 20 2017
Read 1,816 times

Yes I have seen several shadows where light does not beam.

•  REPLY  •

18:35:27 Feb 21 2017
Read 1,803 times

"We still have a missing full beer bottle in this house"

Come on Edge, we both know the real reason for that! lol

Anyway, all houses got history. I would put all the creaking down to basic reaction to heat and cold.

•  REPLY  •

Nashoba
Nashoba
Premiere Sire (129)
[ Give / Take ]
02:42:37 Feb 22 2017
Read 1,791 times

yes because i have cabinets that open by theyre self

•  REPLY  •

Linamarie
Linamarie
Bete Noire (44)
[ Give / Take ]
Limbus Patrum (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Limbus Patrum (Coven)
08:06:23 Feb 24 2017
Read 1,775 times

I used to live in a haunted house. It was a cookie cutter house on a bright suburb that we moved to right before my freshman year in a new high school. The moment I walked in I knew someone had died in it. I mentioned it offhand as we were carrying in the bags and my mother told me to stop trying to scare my brothers. I shut up about it but as time went on the feelings stayed...
After some time I made some friends and one afternoon my friend Sarah and I decided to have a slumber party. Her older brother drove us from her house (where we went to get her things) to my house (where we were staying). As I was giving them directions to the house, her brother Justin got quiet and started acting strange. When we got there, her brother refused to go near the house and as we got our things and headed to the door, Justin broke down crying in the front seat.
I asked Sarah what was wrong with him. She told me that his best friend Emilie used to live in my house. I learned that Emilie has hung herself about six months prior to us moving in. That was why my mother had bought such a big house so cheap. Emilie's parents had wanted to get rid of it, they couldn't stand to pass her empty room anymore... the room that I had moved into.
The longer we lived there the more I knew Emilie hadn't really left, you could hear laughter when no one was home, doors would unlock themselves, and alarms would suddenly go off for no reason. She was more of a prankster than anything else, nothing ever happened. Well except she about gave our dog-sitter a heart-attack....

•  REPLY  •

DiabolicalMe
DiabolicalMe
Bete Noire (44)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Guardians Of The Night (Coven)
21:01:20 Feb 24 2017
Read 1,760 times

Not this one but old house was growing up at 1303 Clinton Street, Oak Grove, Missouri 64075

•  REPLY  •

Amalga9
Amalga9
Exasperater (20)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
20:22:44 Apr 19 2017
Read 1,670 times

When I was a child I had to move around a lot because my parents were/are losers in the highest degree. Every place we moved to seemed to be haunted. We couldn't figure it out. It just wasn't probable. Then one day I figured it out. I told my monster(the thing that birthed me) that it wasn't the houses that were haunted, it was her. Then it all clicked. It made sense. We understood.

Though, there was one house we lived in that we are pretty sure was/is haunted. It was an old 2 story house with a lot of history. I remember it was once a waystation of some kind. There was a large room sized closet upstars that my monster refused to go in or let me go in because it was the heart of the haunting. Though, it is possible that the mere presence of my monster in this place could have amplified the residual spirit energy of the place beyond what an unhaunted person would have experienced.

Here are some of the things I remember being common to a place occupied by my monster: twirling TV antennas, objects hurling themselves across a room, apparitions/sounds of small children around 10, cats reacting in unison to things not seen, phantom limbs appearing and disappearing into walls, lights turning on by themselves, doors closing by themselves, and strange colorful apparition like scarfs flying around flouting humanoid apparitions.

•  REPLY  •

Theban
Theban
Great Sire (115)
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Umbrae Octo is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Umbrae Octo
Vampire Rave member for 17 years.
14:51:02 Apr 29 2017
Read 1,645 times

Mine isn't. Oh how lucky you people are to have ghosts. They just seem to stay away from me ha ha.

•  REPLY  •

bloodredatrophy15
bloodredatrophy15
Changeling (71)
[ Give / Take ]
Enlightened Souls (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Enlightened Souls (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 12 years.
22:07:22 Apr 29 2017
Read 1,641 times

The dead outnumber the living. Therefore any and every place can at some time be inhabited by spirits.

Some lack in strength to show themselves, so we never realize that they are there.

Others pick and choose.

•  REPLY  •

Lav
Lav
Apostate (62)
[ Give / Take ]
14:07:55 Apr 30 2017
Read 1,630 times

My family has a history of buying cheaper houses with traumatic history to them. So I've lived in a few places that were rather sketchy in terms of the energies they contained upon move in.

The particular place I am in now is rumored to be haunted. At least back in it's days as a bed and breakfast, there were many accounts of people seeing a figure in the attic window. We have 2 graveyards in the vicinity, one being a standard yard, and another being a shipwreck makeshift graveyard that I know almost nothing about.

Thus far, I've had no problems with this place. You get your standard cold spots, odd drafts, creaking and cracking and banging in the walls, as well as doors swinging open or shut. The place is about 150 years old though, so honestly, drafts and settling/age of the house are more likely the culprits for all of that.

Generally speaking, the way that I deal with anything lurking around me is to live and let live. If it decides to pretend that my space is first and foremost it's place, well...let's just say that I don't actually for a second believe that some incorporeal being is my superior. Allowing yourself to feel at their mercy is often what lends to them having power over you. It is essentially throwing out the welcome mat and letting them stay indefinitely.

Perhaps at some point, something will seek to prove me wrong. But presently, I'm still standing. We create our reality, and we choose how we act and react to it. I choose not to be held hostage in my own life.

•  REPLY  •

DarkestTemptation
DarkestTemptation
Daemon (95)
[ Give / Take ]
Sanguis Dracones (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Sanguis Dracones (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 8 years.
18:42:50 May 03 2017
Read 1,613 times

No, just before we had moved in our home of some 37 years ago. My mother got this preacher to bless the house an all the rooms inside. So no ghost's or evil spirits can enter here ever.

•  REPLY  •

Wolfofthenorth
Wolfofthenorth
Heretic (18)
[ Give / Take ]
Vampire Rave member for 6 years.
16:13:14 Jun 17 2017
Read 1,570 times

I'm in a strange situation. My home isn't haunted but I am. No matter where I go there's always something stalking me, taunting me and generally giving me a hard time. I'm not sure if my mind is playing tricks or if there is something following me intent on my destruction.

•  REPLY  •

ThedarkprinceVvvvV
ThedarkprinceVvvvV
Necromancer (96)
[ Give / Take ]
The Cry of the Banshee (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Cry of the Banshee (Coven)
13:17:16 Jul 23 2017
Read 1,539 times

I've heard that mine is by an old man.
He hasn't bothered me at all though others got the feeling they were being watched at times.

•  REPLY  •

GruesomeTendancies
GruesomeTendancies
Malefactor (67)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
02:18:52 Aug 22 2017
Read 1,519 times

My house is haunted. It messes with my dog almost every night. I do not know how to describe what it is as of yet but will very soon.

•  REPLY  •

AetiusVesperus
AetiusVesperus
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]

02:46:38 Sep 08 2017
Read 1,503 times

Two houses I grew up in were. People had opened the door and stuff would move around. Not to mention the figures that would appear and disappear. My parents homes were the site of weird happenings.

•  REPLY  •

AetiusVesperus
AetiusVesperus
Wyvern (85)
[ Give / Take ]

19:42:17 Sep 23 2017
Read 1,488 times

I grew up in homes that were haunted. However, my current house is not.

•  REPLY  •

QueenLycoris
QueenLycoris
Interloper (47)
[ Give / Take ]
13:08:39 Dec 17 2017
Read 1,435 times

I think my house is haunted, sometimes you can see dark shadows , i can hear growling from under my bed at night
One time my friend was in my house she have seen black hands coming out of the floor

•  REPLY  •

Giftedfeelinglost
Giftedfeelinglost
Caitiff (17)
[ Give / Take ]
07:32:07 Dec 19 2017
Read 1,426 times

I can confidently say I live and deal with many ghosts, entities and energies on a daily basis inside and outside of my house

•  REPLY  •

chocolatesandmarshmallows
Lusus Naturae (45)
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven Of Mystical Blood Moon is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven Of Mystical Blood Moon
11:43:16 Jan 25 2018
Read 1,393 times

Except for the graveyard did you notice some sort of activity that makes you think that your house is haunted?

The above question is for fatalattraction.

Btw I may be able to help. I have 5 years of experience as a ghost buster/ paranormal researcher. Message me the issue if it still exists. :)

•  REPLY  •

Lusus Naturae (45)
[ Give / Take ]

11:57:17 Jan 25 2018
Read 1,390 times

Just for information haunted can refer to both human as well as inhuman spirits. In case any of you guys still have trouble with any type of haunting feel free to contact me.

All this info makes me think I should visit The States one more time to check out a few of the haunted houses around there.

Btw no offence but the guy who made out with a ghost was epic.... its too bad that she wasn't a real ghost otherwise I would interview you about the experience :P

•  REPLY  •

summernights
summernights
Vexer (13)
[ Give / Take ]
15:35:23 Jan 28 2018
Read 1,381 times

Not my current house, but I lived in a house with a presence for a while last year. I don't think the presence there was malicious by any stretch, just kind of curious. I think it'd be really cool to meet a ghost, but I know it'd probably terrify me first haha I work closely with hospice care and have seen some brutal, unwanted deaths at the hands of time and nature, so I'm not sure what warrants a spirit staying behind when a human passes.

•  REPLY  •

MidNightSpawn
MidNightSpawn
Quadruped (33)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
01:50:58 Feb 05 2018
Read 1,375 times

for sure my house is haunted . been in this place for 6 months and it seems like there a kid playing jokes on us moving things we put down just for us to go back to get what we placed on the table and it being gone.
from heavy pictures falling off the wall to my sister music box playing when it been in the same spot since we moved here. like i told my sister if there are spirits here they are more then welcome to stay just don't mess with my things

•  REPLY  •

LianTheWerewolfQueen
LianTheWerewolfQueen
Shadow (10)
[ Give / Take ]
02:59:39 Feb 07 2018
Read 1,371 times

My house is haunted cuz last night i got something flung at me ;-;

•  REPLY  •

Amalga9
Amalga9
Exasperater (20)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
03:32:24 Apr 19 2018
Read 1,340 times

I had to move into a new house recently. Strange things sometimes happen but, for the most part, explainable. Except for recently, and I think it might be my fault. I have recently started a spiritual path that is demon heavy and I didn't bother to tell my friends because it didn't seem appropriate to do so. But since I have stared transitioning from study to practice, my friends have been feeling a presence in my house and they swear that the presence has followed them home. My roommate is especially concerned because of strange claw marks appearing on the body upon waking. I still have yet to tell them about it as I think I would rather see how things progress first.

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (117)
Honor: 143
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Elizabeth Batory is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Elizabeth Batory
14:55:07 Apr 24 2018
Read 1,334 times

The above member wrote: " I think I would rather see how things progress first." Well, my two cents to the subject. Many times humans, as curiosity, look for knowledge about something that intrigue them, and as a result, their life become a living hell. If you open a door and you did not know that you opened it, then, is too late, the demons are out to get you. I always tell people, is not the same to read then to practice. Good luck and may the light shine upon you and your friends.

•  REPLY  •

HellsDragons
HellsDragons
Vampling (25)
[ Give / Take ]

15:40:58 May 07 2018
Read 1,324 times

No, however every house I lived in growing up had spiritual problems.

•  REPLY  •

kyriaragnar33
kyriaragnar33
Firebrand (79)
[ Give / Take ]
The Cry of the Banshee (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Cry of the Banshee (Coven)
15:40:10 Jun 12 2018
Read 1,290 times

My house isn’t haunted however my fiancé family house is haunted by a poltergeist. I’m a person who has been very sensitive to energy for as long as I can remember. In any case I spent the night there one day and I woke up around 4am. I noticed that the air itself was very heavy and heard heavy boots down the hallway. (Now for those that aren’t aware but everyone who is actually there doesn’t even own any boots little own the big heavy ones.) The gravity itself remained heavy for about 30 minuets. Then all of a sudden it was gone along with the noises in the kitchen and hallway. I decided to investigate and asked Anya and Apa about the history of the house. It turned out that there was a horrible death of a family there. Unfortunately I was very well educated enough that this wouldn’t have been the only reason to have created a poltergeist. So I took a deep breath and explored the house. As I did I was able to get some images from certain areas and as I explained each image. They were looking at me like how did I guess. The explanation I gave was so detailed as if I had painted them a big picture. What I didn’t expect was that not only was there more than one spirit but I noticed that Reka had a little bit of a gift as well. She had a lot of experiences with the house and even seen them on some occasions. So I asked her that the woman of the house does she have long brown hair? Long laced dress with trimming around the neck? The sleeves to the hands? She is about 28? All were a yes. Then I came to the little girl of the house. She isn’t even close to a malicious spirit but she is playful. As I spoke to her I noticed that some of her remains were still in the house hidden somewhere in a corner. were there isn’t any light and the father was attached to the little girl. But something else came as a image and it was why he was attached to the house and her. I’m not going to go public with the details on this sorry. So I did do some necessary things to ensure that if they don’t leave the house I made sure that they weren’t to do any harm to the family. Since that day my blessing on the house along with certain rituals I done has stayed in affect. So no more noises down the hallway at 4am, chairs falling over, loud all of a sudden screams in the hallway or kitchen, but the patio furniture does get moved often and they do get knocks on the glass door when we are sitting in the living room, along with scratches on the glass now. Well I’m just glad that it’s outside the house although it is very exhausting to do those rituals even for me. Anyways I never say that I believe or don’t believe about anything but I do gather as much information as possible and go from there.

•  REPLY  •

Achlys
Achlys
Grave Robber (22)
[ Give / Take ]
Gothic Blood (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Gothic Blood (Coven)
01:34:57 Jun 22 2018
Read 1,276 times

Yes. Both myself and my nephews have seen the ghost. It's an older woman who passed in the house. We didn't know her but her son sold us the house, so we described the ghost to him once, and he said that the description fit his mother to a T.
We find things moved, doors like to open and close on their own even though there's no drafts, and sometimes you can see a white/light gray mist under the door if she's in one of the rooms.

Once I found my contour powder under my mattress in the center of it. No one in the house put it there. I take that as her trying to tell me to wear less makeup lol

•  REPLY  •

Darkangel1876
Darkangel1876
Dastardly Being (59)
[ Give / Take ]
14:30:50 Jun 26 2018
Read 1,267 times

Yes. Mine is which don't bother me

•  REPLY  •

Tantras
Tantras
Unregenerate (63)
[ Give / Take ]

Vampire Rave member for 5 years.
19:25:27 Jun 26 2018
Read 1,265 times

I totally lived in a haunted house a few years ago. It was the 200 year old house of the village blacksmith. There were several telltale signs:

1. It was winter so I would leave all the windows closed while I worked the overnight shift. When I came home, all the windows on the 2nd and 3rd floors would be open.

2. The attic door would creak and one could hear footsteps clomping across the floor.

3. In the early morning dusk, if one went outside, one could sometimes smell lavender perfume...which was reported to be the blacksmith's daughter's favourite scent.

•  REPLY  •

Silverhawk
Silverhawk
Ophidian (66)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Legion (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 14 years.
16:27:58 Jul 11 2018
Read 1,258 times

Yes, I've a similar situation, the oldest cemetery in town in in my back yard. Spirits are everywhere though, energy changes forms and sometimes it's residual. I've seen a full apparition of a man walk past me in the kitchen, hear the table being set in the middle of the night, cabinet doors opening on their own despite being firmly shut, and hear audible voices or words now and then. A lot of people are skeptical of the paranormal but I've too many weird, unexplained experiences throughout my life that has educated me in knowing that not all things can be so tangible to our five senses. I sage my home annually, speak with respect and sometimes admonish the mischief that occurs with whether my coffee pot is going to brew my cup of perky today. The activity comes and goes but it is certainly not the negative energy I've had to live with in the past. I've had several residences that harbored spirits of ill will. I look at it pragmatically, if someone was an asshole in life, they're not going to change much just because they pass from the body, they'll be an asshole in death too. Luckily, for me, this house isn't so bad. It doesn't freak me out, it doesn't scare me, never really has. It's just another aspect of life to me.

•  REPLY  •

MoonIsMySun
MoonIsMySun
Irritater (16)
[ Give / Take ]
19:49:20 Jul 11 2018
Read 1,254 times

Definitely not. I live in such a depressing stone-and-concrete apartment complex that no paranormal activity, wanted or unwanted, could possibly happen here.

Thankfully, I live right above the only gay bar in town.

•  REPLY  •

thecrucible
thecrucible
Termagant (58)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
09:33:55 Dec 01 2018
Read 1,169 times

I don’t know if what I experience is a haunting... I think the house I moved into about 2-3 years ago might be naturally haunted because of certain events which have taken place. Too much depression, stress, fear, or anything of the likes, may be associated with the starting of a haunt... as a process, if that makes sense. The question for me, is, “Was there a haunt before the fact that a person experienced this?” ... and I think, in one way or another there was always a haunt with me, yet not entirely of the most typical form, and possibly one already at this home also. I was always an open and accepting person towards people, and one thing I could never identify with was the decision that some make to go forth in any direct path which consists of the choice to do harm intentionally. I think, because of this, the awareness of such sadness in the world because of other’s actions towards people, was something I was always in contact with. For lack of a better description, I’ll say - I was always in contact with some nature of human compassion and it’s recipients (due to the suffering occupants of the planet of current and past times...). I’m not sure how “in contact” I might have been with the actual “ghosts” of people who were suffering... I don’t know if I would explain it as being anything other than a shared burden worldwide. The home and land seems to have a lot of things associated... so much, in fact, I cannot even explain it all... In my opinion, an angel was always active here, from the book of revelations ... and from night one it would open the doors to that world... regardless of all of my attempts to solve all of the difficult mazes and questions associated with the property and home... there is still tons of gaps in the information I have. The angel likely will always be on the property, as well as other associations or happenings I cannot fully describe.

•  REPLY  •

markus666
markus666
Great Sire (117)
Honor: 143
[ Give / Take ]

14:24:01 Dec 06 2018
Read 1,158 times

Another incident. My sister, myself and my wife are sitting in the Living Room. By the stairs, we all hear someone whistling. We just ignore the entity, probably was having a cool day. My wife said that almost every night, She hear someone walking in the hallway.

•  REPLY  •

TheShadowKing
TheShadowKing
Viper (75)
[ Give / Take ]

23:07:37 Dec 18 2018
Read 1,138 times

Sadly my present abode is not haunted but i have lived in places that were

•  REPLY  •

XxElviscatxX
XxElviscatxX
Dybbuk (76)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Tenebris Corvus (Coven)
16:32:27 Dec 22 2018
Read 1,126 times

All ghosts feed on fear it gives them energy,i seen a ghost in my basement bar area while watching television.It passed me by while walking a dog.I could not see the mans face only his lower torso and the dogs veins in his head.The dogs body yes I could see.The ghost was carrying one of three old ship lanterns I found a few years back.As they passed me I was excited with awe I was not one bit afraid of them.And even put my foot through them,as I did this the man and dog were gone.I then blessed the ship lanterns which I still have and love.All this experience that I was put through only strengthened my belive that we do not die after death.though I knew that already.There is no reason to fear ghosts, they are only people without a body.

•  REPLY  •

Earthgrinder
Earthgrinder
Premiere Sire (121)
Honor: 179
[ Give / Take ]
The Coven of Hellhounds is a member of an Alliance

Member of The Coven of Hellhounds
Vampire Rave member for 12 years.
05:07:44 Dec 24 2018
Read 1,123 times

Yes growing up in a farmhouse off the beaten path there was a ghost under my bed that liked to push the mattress up and down. Bone-chilling.

•  REPLY  •

XxElviscatxX
XxElviscatxX
Dybbuk (76)
[ Give / Take ]
16:16:08 Dec 24 2018
Read 1,117 times

I would have thanked him for the massage bed experience.Your fear strengthens him.If you had no fear it would leave you alone.

•  REPLY  •

ClockworkFantasy
ClockworkFantasy
Quadruped (33)
[ Give / Take ]
05:33:42 Dec 27 2018
Read 1,111 times

I am sure my house is haunted my brother died in the house we live in and I keep telling my kiss keep the lights off they tell me it was not them

•  REPLY  •

06:36:08 Jan 30 2019
Read 1,074 times

Yes my house is haunted. It's simple why I think so, I've seen strange things and felt presences in my house. At different times of year the activity seems to rise and after cleansing and asking spirits to leave the activity stops for a long while.

•  REPLY  •

ForgottenGoddess
ForgottenGoddess

No Longer Registered
02:47:43 Jun 14 2019
Read 991 times

I've been living where I do for 14 years. We have had many passing spirit energy, or entities that come around
every now and then. I wouldn't say we are "haunted". We're more like, drawing them in at times because
they like psychic types. The ones that can sense, or communicate easier. However, I don't let them become a problem.
I deal with it as soon as I hear about it happening more frequently.

•  REPLY  •

Ylvax
Ylvax
Great Sire (119)
Honor: 327
[ Give / Take ]
14:08:06 Jun 19 2019
Read 986 times

I lived in a house that I believe was haunted. I'd here my name when no one was around and saw shadow people. Not to mention the weird sounds in the woods at night and seeing UFOs

The house flooded years ago and every time I went back I just felt this overwhelming negativity

•  REPLY  •

Ylvax
Ylvax
Great Sire (119)
Honor: 327
[ Give / Take ]
14:08:42 Jun 19 2019
Read 985 times

*hear

I saw a hellhound in that same area. Weird place

•  REPLY  •

FluffyPuff
FluffyPuff
Antagonist (37)
[ Give / Take ]
Member of Hell (Coven)
Vampire Rave member for 4 years.
00:41:56 Jul 28 2019
Read 905 times

I’m not sure if I believe in hauntings. Weird stuff happens but I’d have to actually see some concrete proof to believe it was a ghose. Ghosts are right up there with god and santa clause for me.

•  REPLY  •

Vampirewitch39
Vampirewitch39
Royal Sire (208)
Honor: 75,933
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
01:48:11 Feb 08 2023
Read 247 times

I was in a paranormal group for a few years. We did investigations at homes during that time. But I have to say this one house was. Got EVPs, crazy sounds. Lady had been trying to sale home, all her renters moved out after a few months. I can see why.

•  REPLY  •

WindigoWitch
WindigoWitch
Pain Giver (55)
[ Give / Take ]

Vampire Rave member for 14 years.
15:57:53 Mar 26 2023
Read 216 times

i belive our house is haunted nothing like tv shows. but things come up moved around the house. small things like brushs, dvds, books, small things. we will miss them for days to weeks and then we find them in the most random places like the freezer, in the dresser, and just places we would never put in places.

•  REPLY  •

Achlys
Achlys
Grave Robber (22)
[ Give / Take ]
Gothic Blood (Coven) is a member of an Alliance

Member of Gothic Blood (Coven)
01:53:26 Jun 20 2023
Read 153 times

My current house isn't, but my old house was. Turns out that an older woman died of cancer in the house, and we would see her walking around from time to time. She thought of herself as a stylist, so if she didn't like you wearing certain pieces or jewelry, it would go missing and end up in the weirdest places, like once a ring of mine went missing and we found it shoved in the back of a cabinet when we were cleaning up to move out. Meanwhile, there's no way it could have gotten there on its own. I guess she hated one of the contour powders I used because one day the compact went missing, just to turn up a year later smack in the middle of the boxspring under the mattress of our bed. No reason for it to be there. She wasn't malicious or anything, I think she just thought she knew better.

•  REPLY  •

EstrangedOne
EstrangedOne
High Sire (157)
Honor: 159
[ Give / Take ]
The House of Madadh-Alluidh is a member of an Alliance

Member of The House of Madadh-Alluidh
03:03:19 Jul 02 2023
Read 142 times

The HOUSE? LOL
Forget that. Where I currently live, it isn't just the house that's haunted. It's the LAND. Although, not in a way I've been accustomed to. I'm still accustomed to things like chairs, beds, and couches moving like they have a crane attached to them. Things vanishing and then reappearing, etcetera.

This place? Not even close. The entities here simply like to play a ton of hallucinatory-like pranks. Yet everyone else in the area (go figure) "gets the creeps" from the place, just because it has a ton of worn-out manikins in the yard. Fine by me. It keeps the idiots away from the neighborhood.

A minute/miniature graveyard is in the woods, just down the hill from me; half the houses in the neighborhood are haunted (apparently, maliciously so), locals are already "iffy" about the veteran(s) who live here, and having Me here only adds extra icing to the cake they won't touch.

•  REPLY  •

vormel
vormel
Hellhound (70)
[ Give / Take ]
Coven of Invisus Secretus is a member of an Alliance

Member of Coven of Invisus Secretus
09:08:18 Sep 05 2023
Read 107 times

I live in Madrid, in a medium-sized apartment, on the third floor of a building built in 1858, located near the Royal Palace and, as in most of the houses in my neighborhood, I must say that yes, in all these houses The presence of spirits is strongly noted.

However, I must say that, at least in our home, the spirits that frequent are good, knowledgeable and protective spirits. Maybe it's because we did a certain ritual in 2014, when we bought the apartment, or maybe it's simply because of our good vibes.

For example, in the kitchen, there is usually the spirit of a woman of Brazilian origin, but with a certain sympathy towards Madrid.
Almost every morning, when I sit down to have breakfast at a kitchen table, I usually talk to her (Suelly, is her name). She is a very kind spirit, who gives me advice for the day or calls my attention if there is something I am doing wrong.

I must say that, thanks to this spirit, I have learned to make coffee better (she likes good Brazilian coffee) and she has even encouraged me to stop putting milk in coffee to better appreciate the quality of good coffee.

•  REPLY  •

POST RESPONSE

•   QUOTE  •   QUOTE HELP  •  

POST PREVIEW

•  CLOSE PREVIEW  •  
Post preview does not reflect tags that may be stripped out after you post. What HTML tags you can use depends on your membership type. More information.

•  General Discussion Home  •   Forums Home  •

COMPANY
REQUEST HELP
CONTACT US
SITEMAP
REPORT A BUG
UPDATES
LEGAL
TERMS OF SERVICE
PRIVACY POLICY
DMCA POLICY
REAL VAMPIRES LOVE VAMPIRE RAVE
© 2004 - 2024 Vampire Rave
All Rights Reserved.
Vampire Rave is a member of 
Page generated in 0.7381 seconds.
X
Username:

Password:
I agree to Vampire Rave's Privacy Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's Terms of Service.
I agree to Vampire Rave's DMCA Policy.
I agree to Vampire Rave's use of Cookies.
X